• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ye Big TV Thread

#7181 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 10 August 2022 - 10:11 PM

Lol

They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#7182 User is offline   Briar King 

• High Fist
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 10 August 2022 - 10:21 PM

Got Hulu. SG Atlantis is on it so I can move forward with the SG-1 cross watch. On S7 ep 13.

Will check out Handmaids tale finally.
Drive by bye bye king on my dumb horse

#7183 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 11 August 2022 - 03:26 PM

WARRIOR Season 1 was excellent. Onto season 2!
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#7184 User is offline   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe

Posted 11 August 2022 - 03:49 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 11 August 2022 - 03:26 PM, said:

Aye man, Warrior is awesome, interesting too that Bruce Lee's daughter is exec producer. Cool that she is involved.

Also the Banshee dude showrunner, you can see the influence there with some of the brutal brawls.

They've just started on season 3! Can't wait for it!

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

#7185 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 11 August 2022 - 03:54 PM

View Postchamp, on 11 August 2022 - 03:49 PM, said:

Aye man, Warrior is awesome, interesting too that Bruce Lee's daughter is exec producer. Cool that she is involved.

Also the Banshee dude showrunner, you can see the influence there with some of the brutal brawls.

Yeah, my reason for checking it out (aside from Andrew Koji, who I think is excellent) is that it's Bruce Lee's treatment that he never got to make. Glad Shannon got to see it made.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#7186 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 12 August 2022 - 11:30 AM

View PostQuickTidal, on 11 August 2022 - 03:54 PM, said:

Yeah, my reason for checking it out (aside from Andrew Koji, who I think is excellent) is that it's Bruce Lee's treatment that he never got to make. Glad Shannon got to see it made.

Season 2 started out really well, and my crush on Olivia Cheng is intact.

Also, did you hear that Mark Dacascos joined S3?! Amazing. I can't wait to see the budget jump since it is now an HBO joint...

#7187 User is offline   champ 

Posted 12 August 2022 - 11:50 AM

View PostQuickTidal, on 12 August 2022 - 11:30 AM, said:

Also, did you hear that Mark Dacascos joined S3?! Amazing. I can't wait to see the budget jump since it is now an HBO joint...

Holy shit, really?! In my teens I must have watched Cradle 2 the Grave over 20 times, it was just a (somewhat questionably now) great mindless film, he's a legend in John Wick too!

Season 2 is absolutely solid all the way through, there's an ep towards the end called Enter the Dragon, you can imagine where the season heads by that name alone...

Tehol said:

#7188 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 12 August 2022 - 11:58 AM

View Postchamp, on 12 August 2022 - 11:50 AM, said:

Holy shit, really?! In my teens I must have watched Cradle 2 the Grave over 20 times, it was just a (somewhat questionably now) great mindless film, he's a legend in John Wick too!

I assume you've seen BROTHERHOOD OF The WOLF too? Goddamn, I love that film and met Mark at the premiere at TIFF all those years ago. Super cool guy!

#7189 User is offline   champ 

Posted 12 August 2022 - 12:11 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 12 August 2022 - 11:58 AM, said:

I assume you've seen BROTHERHOOD OF The WOLF too? Goddamn, I love that film and met Mark at the premiere at TIFF all those years ago. Super cool guy!

I haven't seen it and now after watching the trailer I feel the need to watch it! No idea how that film has slipped my net all these years! Good shout!

I'd read that he's just a genuine down to earth guy, cool that you met him!

Tehol said:

#7190 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 12 August 2022 - 12:54 PM

View Postchamp, on 12 August 2022 - 12:11 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 12 August 2022 - 11:58 AM, said:

I haven't seen it and now after watching the trailer I feel the need to watch it! No idea how that film has slipped my net all these years! Good shout!

Oh shit, you're in for a TREAT. Not only is it a cool story, but it's got Vincent Cassel in it and his (at the time) wife Monica Bellucci (who is part of what may be the best transition shot in all of B-movie cinema). It's also the coolest explanation for the real life tale of the Beast of Gévaudon ever.

EDIT: Fair warning most of it is French language with a smattering of English.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 12 August 2022 - 12:57 PM

#7191 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 14 August 2022 - 07:26 PM

Holy shit! I just watched the Primal episode from the latest season titled "Red Mist." I'm at a lost for words except - WITNESS!

After the credits roll there usually is a preview clip of the next episode. Not this time - "Genndy said we can't show you anything from next week's episode." Oh my! Posted Image

#7192 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 15 August 2022 - 11:49 PM

Putting this here. So South Park celebrated it's 25th anniversary with a concert at Red Rocks. It was a magical evening.

If you can find the full concert (It's probably on that Paramount + streaming service), check it out. It is top notch performances of South Park hits from start to finish, with performances by Primus and Ween in there as well.

#7193 User is offline   Briar King 

• High Fist
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 16 August 2022 - 05:50 PM

I’m now switching back and forth between SG-1 and SG-A and reliving mannnnnnny Friday nights on SciFi not SyFy! Just missing throwing on an Ep of BSG after Atlantis to complete the 3 hr nostalgia trip.

On S8 ep 8 and S1 ep 8. Keeping track of air dates with the double eps so I don’t fuck up the order. Cant wait till they come back together.

#7194 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 16 August 2022 - 06:41 PM

Leftovers completely passed me by when it originally came out. Partway through season 2 now and this is some crazy TV. Love it. Amazing character portraits.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#7195 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 16 August 2022 - 07:47 PM

Oh man, you're in for a treat. The Leftovers is excellent and it stays solid until the very end. I think you're going to dig it. Not going to say much so to avoid spoilers, but I like that the series goes more a character study route than anything else. As as result there are career defining performances by Justin Theroux and especially Carrie Coon.

#7196 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 17 August 2022 - 05:30 PM

I guess Jordan Elass (Jonathan Kent on Superman & Lois) can join the ranks of idiots like Letitia Wright who decided to utterly torpedo their burgeoning careers over a vaccine (and spouting conspiracy BS).

What an utter wang.

#7197 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 17 August 2022 - 07:46 PM

Leftovers was awesome. I’m about due for a rewatch.

Finished up Better Call Saul. Just a fantastic show. Probably not quite as good as Breaking Bad, but damn close. I’ll have to rewatch both sometime soon.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#7198 User is offline   Briar King 

• High Fist
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 18 August 2022 - 02:04 AM

Gawd I hate the Replicator eps.

#7199 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 18 August 2022 - 03:30 AM

Oh cool! Los Espookys is coming back with season 2 in September (perfect for the spooooky season). If you haven't checked this show out, you're missing some of the zaniest entertainment ever to air on HBO. Why not check it out, what's there to lose? Also saying "Los Espookys" is a riot. I really go all in and channel that cat from the Shrek movies when I say it out loud. .... Los Espookys.

#7200 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 18 August 2022 - 03:38 AM

Yah it's good, I'm hyped. Been a long wait.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

Share this topic:

• 388 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users