• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ye Big TV Thread

#7021 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 08 March 2022 - 04:16 PM

I cannot wait for a live action reinterpretation of Tetris. I imagine it will either be falling skyscrapers designed by a Escher-esque madman or an alien invasion where the only way to prevent the Earth from being destroyed is to ensure that the blocky alien spaceships perfectly line up in a grid. Sign me up for the kickstarter.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#7022 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 14 March 2022 - 07:19 PM

Watched the second season of The Righteous Gemstones. I didn't think it was all the great to be honest. Season 1 I thought was pretty hilarious across the board, but the 2nd season just didn't click with me. Not sure what was going on over there, maybe covid caused problems, not sure, but it just was a significant drop from the first season. There were a few laugh out loud parts, but they were rare. The "these are privileged, spoiled, horrible people" slant was really taken over the top, and early on in the season it gets very tiresome and doesn't deliver any laughs. Nice cameo by Macaulay Culkin though near the end of the season. First thing I've seen him in, in quite awhile. Also, that Eric Roberts actor creeps me out.

#7023 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 18 March 2022 - 12:03 PM

There I am, on the transit, watching safe-as-tombs Napoleonic war SHARPE'S ENEMY when out of nowhere (for no real reason other than to show what a dick Hakeswill is) a young Elilzabeth Hurley gets her kit out.

I love this series, but that was an unexpected nudity moment. LOL
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#7024 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 18 March 2022 - 12:15 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 18 March 2022 - 12:03 PM, said:

There I am, on the transit, watching safe-as-tombs Napoleonic war SHARPE'S ENEMY when out of nowhere (for no real reason other than to show what a dick Hakeswill is) a young Elilzabeth Hurley gets her kit out.

And you were so shocked you had to watch it another 11-12 times to make sure you hadn't imagined it!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#7025 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 18 March 2022 - 12:33 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 18 March 2022 - 12:15 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 18 March 2022 - 12:03 PM, said:

And you were so shocked you had to watch it another 11-12 times to make sure you hadn't imagined it!

How dare you besmirch my reputation sir!

It was 20 times.

:p

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 18 March 2022 - 12:34 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#7026 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 20 March 2022 - 11:02 AM

The Boys Presents: Diabolical.

There's some funny and decent stuff in there. And so, so very, very NSFW or kids.
8 eps, each runs about 10 mins.

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 20 March 2022 - 11:03 AM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#7027 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 21 March 2022 - 04:03 AM

I have a massive backlog of excellent tv....The Expanse, globs of Marvel and Star Wars shows, possibly even that Wheel of Time thing....

....but fuckit I'm rewatching THE LEGEND OF VOX MACHINA.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#7028 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 21 March 2022 - 07:33 AM

Pssst, you can always put an ep of Diabolical in between the other stuff you're watching. You know, as a break.

SO ... MUCH ... VISCERA ... :shock:

It kicks off with a Looney Tunes/Merry Melodies tribute by Seth Rogen et al "Laser Baby's Day Out" or something like that. It's like all those other "kid wanders off and gets into wildly implausible situations" you've seen before in the old 'toons, but it's like they decided to show the stuff they couldn't in the 40s and 50s.
And the final one with a young Homelander, well it gives you an idea what's going on in that guys head and you even feel a slight smidge of sympathy. He's still a neurotic, insecure, psychopathic narcissist with the power of Superman though.

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 21 March 2022 - 07:34 AM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#7029 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 29 March 2022 - 03:30 PM

Finished all of the original SHARPE seasons on Prime/Britbox and really truly enjoyed it all. There's some stinker episodes (GOLD and REGIMENT weren't up to par), but WATERLOO was well done, and emotional. I WILL watch CHALLENGE and PERIL (which were done later and adapt the prequel India books as if they occurred after Waterloo), but I'm kind of keeping them as separate things from the main glut of the show from the 90's.

Onto HORNBLOWER next!

#7030 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 31 March 2022 - 03:50 PM

Re-watched (for the umpteenth time) the 1995 BBC PRIDE & PREJUDICE (it's in restored 4K on BritBox; looks fucking gorgeous) and every single time I watch it I get a little bit further away from enjoying the 2005 Joe Wright movie version (which I used to love)....the changes to the actual narrative are just so drastic in the latter, not just the clothes/time period, or dropped characters and plots, but the very concept of the story itself putting almost everything on Lizzie and none on Darcy. A story of the meeting in the middle, becomes a story of a headstrong girl misjudging a heroic guy with no faults.

I dunno. The BBC series is perfection.

The 2005 movie is a pretty confection with not much inside.

#7031 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 31 March 2022 - 07:30 PM

How did i not know there was a new season of The Last Kingdom dropping?

I really need to google a really good recap, cause i aint got time to rewatch the last 4.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#7032 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 01 April 2022 - 05:03 PM

Anyone checking out / going to check out Our Flag Means Death? It's got some powerful funny people behind it.

#7033 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 02 April 2022 - 01:26 AM

The first three episodes are amusing, but not uproarious. From the fourth onward, it's a smooth-sailing riot.

This post has been edited by Whisperzzzzzzz: 02 April 2022 - 01:26 AM

#7034 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 04 April 2022 - 11:07 PM

Just binge watched the last 3 episodes of Bridgerton season 2. Goodness me, have they airbrushed Anthony Bridgerton between seasons 1 and 2? I need to fan my bosom.
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#7035 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 04 April 2022 - 11:22 PM

View PostMezla PigDog, on 04 April 2022 - 11:07 PM, said:

Just binge watched the last 3 episodes of Bridgerton season 2. Goodness me, have they airbrushed Anthony Bridgerton between seasons 1 and 2? I need to fan my bosom.

My wife has fallen for him hard as well. She’s swooning on every episode.

#7036 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 04 April 2022 - 11:41 PM

I swear he's in soft focus in some shots. Whatever they're doing, it's working!
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#7037 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 05 April 2022 - 01:21 AM

#7038 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 06 April 2022 - 12:02 AM

View PostQuickTidal, on 04 April 2022 - 11:22 PM, said:

View PostMezla PigDog, on 04 April 2022 - 11:07 PM, said:

My wife has fallen for him hard as well. She’s swooning on every episode.

I mean, I get it haha
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#7039 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 06 April 2022 - 03:06 PM

TOKYO VICE

I realize this is based on a book by a real white reporter who worked/works in Japan….but we didn’t need it to be adapted to get a cool late-90's-set Yakuza/Tokyo based Japanese crime thriller tv show…and the fact that it was shot with multiple SA accused Ansel Elgort makes it even worse.

Like I would 100% be the audience for this….but the white lead just makes me annoyed, and beyond Elgort being as interesting as wet beige paste, he’s also been credibly accused of being pretty heinous...so I have less than no interest now. Which sucks because there is some cool Japanese talent in this.

Like HBO.... Keigo Higashino's, Detective Galileo series is RIGHT THERE.....but no instead we get "white guy moves to Japan and becomes a reporter working with cops there...because gods forbid we have a fully Japanese cast and leads. Gotta have a doofy American white guy lead.

EDIT: Just wanted to add two complaints. 1. The Yakuza speaking so much English...the actual Yakuza are mostly far right nationalists, and therefore would not speak English that much....nor do I feel they would have even talked to Jake...but that's neither her nor there. 2. The hostess plot line needs tidying up, it's messy and feels superfluous at times...even though I'm sure it's not.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 27 May 2022 - 03:27 PM

#7040 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 06 April 2022 - 03:39 PM

New series of Taskmaster will start on April 14th!
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

Share this topic:

• 388 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users