Ye Big TV Thread

#201 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 10 February 2009 - 07:29 AM

View PostSlum Diggler, on Feb 9 2009, 02:27 PM, said:

View PostRaymond Luxury Yacht, on Feb 9 2009, 04:37 PM, said:

I'm annoyed that they have the new episodes of Scrubs on at the same time as Fringe. Weak.

Ray, you can watch either one on your computer, you know. Not pirated, I know how you feel about that. They're free. ABC.com has particularly good quality videos.

Fringe

Scrubs

Oh yeah. Thanks, forgot about that. Still, it's annoying. They really should have consulted me when scheduling these shows.

I miss MST3K.
Error: Signature not valid

#202 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 12 February 2009 - 10:40 AM

View PostRaymond Luxury Yacht, on Feb 10 2009, 08:29 AM, said:

View PostSlum Diggler, on Feb 9 2009, 02:27 PM, said:

View PostRaymond Luxury Yacht, on Feb 9 2009, 04:37 PM, said:

I'm annoyed that they have the new episodes of Scrubs on at the same time as Fringe. Weak.

Ray, you can watch either one on your computer, you know. Not pirated, I know how you feel about that. They're free. ABC.com has particularly good quality videos.

Fringe

Scrubs

Oh yeah. Thanks, forgot about that. Still, it's annoying. They really should have consulted me when scheduling these shows.

I miss MST3K.

We should make a MST3K withdrawal symptomes support group. We can throw one liner quotes at each other and watch bad sci fi
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#203 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 15 February 2009 - 07:53 PM

Anyone watch "Dollhouse" on Sunday. Just wondering if it was worth watching. Not a big Joss Whedon fan but i did love Firefly.

I could watch MST3K nonstop from now until the day i die...and i would die a happy man.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#204 User is offline   Chance 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 15 February 2009 - 08:43 PM

View PostSlow Ben, on Feb 15 2009, 08:53 PM, said:

Anyone watch "Dollhouse" on Sunday. Just wondering if it was worth watching. Not a big Joss Whedon fan but i did love Firefly.

Just watched it and must say so-so but then i mostly find first episodes so-so have heard the next three are better then the first so giving it a shot and there where some ideas that might become interesting...

#205 User is offline   Slum 

• House Knight

Posted 15 February 2009 - 09:52 PM

View PostChance, on Feb 15 2009, 03:43 PM, said:

View PostSlow Ben, on Feb 15 2009, 08:53 PM, said:

Just watched it and must say so-so but then i mostly find first episodes so-so have heard the next three are better then the first so giving it a shot and there where some ideas that might become interesting...

Yeah, definitely nothing to write home about...decent but not great. The ending, with the shirtless guy watching a video of Echo before she was taken to the dollhouse, while a couple lies murdered in the living room, was intriguing anyway.

I'll probably keep watching to see where it goes.

#206 User is offline   Slum 

• House Knight

Posted 16 February 2009 - 01:58 PM

Lulz...last night's Flight of the Conchords was funny. I had no idea there was animosity between New Zealanders and Australians.

#207 User is offline   Sir Thursday 

• House Knight

Posted 16 February 2009 - 04:23 PM

Re: Dollhouse - I enjoyed it - quite obvious that Fox are pushing VERY HARD to try and get the 18-49 male demographic :p. It was OK as far as pilots go, nothing special but it set up enough characters with potential for me to keep watching, even if the central premise is one that doesn't lend itself well to the US TV series format: having a central character who is essentially a blank slate = can't really get attached to her. The onus will be on the supporting cast to drag the viewers in, and then perhaps if and when Echo starts to show some independence we can fall in love with her character then.

Also saw the latest Terminator ep last night - good to see Michael the Wraith make an appearance :p. Other than that it was a good episode - they really do the trippy dream stuff very well. Plus the Weaver sequence in the factory was awesome, particularly the misdirection at the start :p.

Sir Thursday
Don't look now, but I think there's something weird attached to the bottom of my posts.

#208 User is offline   Binder of Demons 

• Lord of Light
  • View gallery
  • - Thread Killer -

Posted 16 February 2009 - 05:32 PM

Watched the first ep of Dollhouse and i can't say i'm impressed. Seemed to be trying too hard to explain what's going on, and the story itself was quite boring.

Since it is Joss Whedon's baby, I'll give it a few more episodes, and hope that the cast begin to gel together like in his previous shows. I remain to be convinced that Eliza Dushku can carry a lead role though. Even from the cast they have, Amy Acker would have been a better bet.

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt - Mark Twain

Never argue with an idiot!
They'll drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!
- Anonymous

#209 User is offline   Slum 

• House Knight

Posted 03 March 2009 - 08:27 PM

Season 2 of Reaper STARTS TONIGHT!!! :p

Just thought I'd let everyone know.

#210 User is offline   Dr Trouble 

• Pug Life

Posted 11 March 2009 - 11:28 AM

Reaper started off Season 2 with a solid episode. If not very original.

I've been really getting into Damages lately. What a great show! Glenn Close and Rose Byrne make for some very good TV. And the twists never stop coming!

#211 User is offline   Dr Trouble 

• Pug Life

Posted 11 March 2009 - 12:35 PM

Also, Ted Danson! Wow!

Seriously, one of the best characters I've ever watched. Seriously, You know he is sleazy and immoral. But you just can't help feeling bad for him. My heart almost broke for the guy on multiple occasions.

Fantastic writing complemented with an A class actor.

#212 User is offline   RodeoRanch 

• The Midnight Special
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 11 March 2009 - 12:57 PM

"Reaper" seems off-course this season. Way too much Sock/sex jokes with his "sister." Not funny, just creepy. I'll give it a few more episodes before I quit it.

Sounds like "Terminator" is soon to get the axe. Bummer.

"Supernatural" comes back this week and got renewed for another season. So I'm guessing the boys will not see the end of the world this season.

#213 User is offline   Sir Thursday 

• House Knight

Posted 11 March 2009 - 09:52 PM

Saw the first episode of Castle last night, and really enjoyed it. Nathan Fillion seems to be having great fun in the role. Only problem is, I don't really see how they're going to make it different from the hundreds of other police procedurals out there. But there are some good laughs to be had in the pilot, and hopefully they'll be able to conjure up plenty more in the coming weeks. :D

Sir Thursday
Don't look now, but I think there's something weird attached to the bottom of my posts.

#214 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 11 March 2009 - 11:04 PM

I've been waiting for Fillion to do something worthwile since Firefly and i really enjoyed this show.
Got the same worries though, hopefully the writers are good enough to seperate them from all the other shows out there.

"Faster would be better"!

#215 User is offline   Sir Thursday 

• House Knight

Posted 11 March 2009 - 11:29 PM

View PostSlow Ben, on Mar 11 2009, 11:04 PM, said:

I've been waiting for Fillion to do something worthwile since Firefly and i really enjoyed this show.
Got the same worries though, hopefully the writers are good enough to seperate them from all the other shows out there.

"Faster would be better"!

"Apples! Apples!" :D

Yeah, it really seemed like a great one time idea, but the initial hook of "copycat killer" doesn't seem to carry anything over into the show. And that was a large part of what made it so fun.

Sir Thursday

#216 User is offline   Slum 

• House Knight

Posted 13 March 2009 - 12:34 AM

View PostRodeoRanch, on Mar 11 2009, 08:57 AM, said:

"Reaper" seems off-course this season. Way too much Sock/sex jokes with his "sister." Not funny, just creepy. I'll give it a few more episodes before I quit it.

Indeed. The Reaper recipe seems to have gotten a little stale so far.

I don't mind the Sock-sister sex jokes - it's not like she's really his sister and there's need to be offended - but the find-the-guy-who-beat-the-devil-and-escaped-from-hell scenario that looks to be shaping up to be the story arc of the season is a little lame. That doesn't negate the fact that I still lol at the show. The first two eps have left a little something to be desired, certainly, but I'll keep tuning in. At least until it degenerates into complete shit TV.

This post has been edited by Slumgullion Spitteler: 13 March 2009 - 12:35 AM

#217 User is offline   Slum 

• House Knight

Posted 16 March 2009 - 03:00 PM

I've been enjoying HBO's Eastbound and Down. It's funny stuff.

"When did you become such a pussy, Kenny? I mean, you were always a pussy, don't get me wrong. But now you're like a vagina with a mullet, just walking round this motherfucker."

#218 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 16 March 2009 - 03:25 PM

Oh yeah, thats some funny stuff. I'll watch anything Danny McBride does. "Thug Life"

#219 User is offline   Slum 

• House Knight

Posted 16 March 2009 - 04:11 PM

Easatbound rocks. It makes me laugh.

"Burn his ass, Kenny!"

"Kenny Powers' days of burning ass are done, and that's not a homosexual reference. I made a promise to myself and I'm not gonna break it for the sake of capitalism. So....sorry."

#220 User is offline   Dr Trouble 

• Pug Life

Posted 17 March 2009 - 11:46 AM

New episode of Castle was pretty good. I can see myself growing attached to the show, as long as they keep it fresh.

"Condoms.....", "There are Condoms in the bathroom....".

Share this topic:

• 389 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

9 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users