• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ye Big TV Thread

#221 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 17 March 2009 - 08:16 PM

The new show Kings on NBC has the second best first episode of any show I"ve ever seen. Swearengen from Deadwood is in it and all of the actors really seem to believe in the material. It just premiered on Sunday.

As you can guess, I really liked it.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#222 User is offline   Dr Trouble 

• Pug Life

Posted 17 March 2009 - 10:33 PM

View Postamphibian, on Mar 18 2009, 05:16 AM, said:

The new show Kings on NBC has the second best first episode of any show I"ve ever seen. Swearengen from Deadwood is in it and all of the actors really seem to believe in the material. It just premiered on Sunday.

You notice at the start when David fixes the car, It starts itself? I laughed.

It's a good show.

#223 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit

Posted 18 March 2009 - 04:53 AM

View PostTrouble, on Mar 17 2009, 06:33 PM, said:

View Postamphibian, on Mar 18 2009, 05:16 AM, said:

You notice at the start when David fixes the car, It starts itself? I laughed.

It's a good show.

I figured that was the first usage of his secret magic abilities. I mean that's the only reason he can do what he does in combat right?

#224 User is offline   Dr Trouble 

• Pug Life

Posted 18 March 2009 - 09:36 AM

I'm unsure about that myself. Is he going to have a godly gift at all, or just coincidences? I noticed at the beginning they were relying heavily on the God aspect, but it died off a bit half way.

I really did not like Jack however. I can see his character developing into all kinds of irritating.

I really cannot wait for the next episode. I felt the ending was brilliant for the premier, with the butterfly's.

#225 User is offline   RodeoRanch 

• The Midnight Special
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 19 March 2009 - 03:18 PM

This week's "Reaper" was far superior to the previous two in this season. Very funny. That's the show I like! I hope they can keep it up.

And "Supernatural" is still freaking sweet. There's going to be a Sam and Dean demon/angel throwdown in the finale, I bet.

#226 User is offline   Sir Thursday 

• House Knight
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 19 March 2009 - 03:28 PM

I've been watching one episode of Chuck per night, the past few days. I watched the first 10 or so episodes some time last year but had forgotten about them, so figured, I'd start from scratch. I'm having great fun with them. They do a great job of mixing the geek stuff with the spy stuff, generally being entertainingly over the top, and having pleasingly large quantities of attractive women on display. I mean, the last episode I saw had a wookie, a ninja, a stealth jet-ski, a plan to steal a diamond using a fire extinguisher and a man with a golden gun! Awesome! Speaking of which, you can never go wrong when you have a character called Captain Awesome. Good stuff.

Sir Thursday
Don't look now, but I think there's something weird attached to the bottom of my posts.

#227 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 19 March 2009 - 03:58 PM

Ive been meaning to get the first season of Chuck for a while, but i've had it buried at the bottom of my Netflix que. But they sound right up my alley, i guess they'll get bumped closer to the top. Is Adam Baldwin good in it?
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#228 User is offline   Slum 

• House Knight

Posted 19 March 2009 - 05:00 PM

View PostTrouble, on Mar 18 2009, 05:36 AM, said:

I'm unsure about that myself. Is he going to have a godly gift at all, or just coincidences? I noticed at the beginning they were relying heavily on the God aspect, but it died off a bit half way.

I really did not like Jack however. I can see his character developing into all kinds of irritating.

I really cannot wait for the next episode. I felt the ending was brilliant for the premier, with the butterfly's.

I read somewhere that NBC hired a pretty well-regarded feature director to direct the pilot. I forget who....but that might be why the pilot seemed like such quality TV.

I thought the show was pretty good. I'll watch anything with Ian McShane in it. :o

#229 User is offline   Sir Thursday 

• House Knight

Posted 19 March 2009 - 05:02 PM

View PostSlow Ben, on Mar 19 2009, 03:58 PM, said:

Ive been meaning to get the first season of Chuck for a while, but i've had it buried at the bottom of my Netflix que. But they sound right up my alley, i guess they'll get bumped closer to the top. Is Adam Baldwin good in it?

Yeah, Adam Baldwin is pretty good as the tough guy/NSA Killer type person. Another plus on the casting list is C.S. Lee (aka. Vince Masuka from Dexter). Love that guy :o. Oh, and they also have great episode names, such as: Chuck Versus the Helicopter, Chuck Versus the Wookie, Chuck Versus the Imported Hard Salami.

I'd definitely recommend it. Heavy brain food it is not, but it's excellent light entertainment, in my opinion.

Sir Thursday
Don't look now, but I think there's something weird attached to the bottom of my posts.

#230 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit

Posted 19 March 2009 - 06:07 PM

View PostSlumgullion Spitteler, on Mar 19 2009, 01:00 PM, said:

I read somewhere that NBC hired a pretty well-regarded feature director to direct the pilot. I forget who....but that might be why the pilot seemed like such quality TV.

I thought the show was pretty good. I'll watch anything with Ian McShane in it. :o

It reminds me of the Ensign Flandry series by Poul Anderson. Like old-school sci-fi.

The director is Francis Lawrence (thanks IMDB), and he also did I Am Legend. That was a solidly entertaining movie, if different from the source material.

#231 User is offline   Slum 

• House Knight

Posted 19 March 2009 - 06:37 PM

View Postamphibian, on Mar 19 2009, 02:07 PM, said:

View PostSlumgullion Spitteler, on Mar 19 2009, 01:00 PM, said:

It reminds me of the Ensign Flandry series by Poul Anderson. Like old-school sci-fi.

The director is Francis Lawrence (thanks IMDB), and he also did I Am Legend. That was a solidly entertaining movie, if different from the source material.

Ah, right on. I dug I Am Legend. Hopefully NBC keeps up the production quality b/c that's was a good looking pilot, imo. Do you know if Lawrence is going to keep directing the series or if that was a one time deal?

Well, I guess I could do a little investigating.....

EDIT - Looks like he signed on for the whole shebang. Director and executive producer. Sweet. Nice to see he's got that much faith in the story.

Actually, I just read another article where it said that he's only signed on for the first four episodes...I guess he's waiting to see how it does. Didn't do great in the ratings, apparently. We've all seen what NBC does to great shows with low ratings. Journeyman, anyone?

I never read any of the books you mentioned, but it'd be sweet if they introduced more fantasy/sci-fi elements other than the alternate America they seem to be going with.

This post has been edited by Slumgullion Spitteler: 19 March 2009 - 07:10 PM

#232 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 20 March 2009 - 07:50 AM

View Postamphibian, on Mar 19 2009, 07:07 PM, said:

The director is Francis Lawrence (thanks IMDB), and he also did I Am Legend. That was a solidly entertaining movie, if murdering the source material.

just went and fixed that for you
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#233 User is offline   Grimjust Bearegular 

• Irregular Bacon Berserker Medic of the Abyssmal Army
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:MAFIA, drawing and writing.
  • Godless killing machine - and proud of it!

Also, braaaaiiiinnnnzzzzzzzz!

Posted 20 March 2009 - 01:12 PM

anybody here watch Moonlight?
Things and stuffs...and other important objects.

#234 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 20 March 2009 - 01:49 PM

Awfull series. I don't know why this trend to make vampires human and social persists. It makes me so angry. You can't both have them be supernatural predators with no sould and craving for human flesh and at the same time maintaining a group of mortal friends and keeping up a day job.

#235 User is offline   Slum 

• House Knight

Posted 20 March 2009 - 03:06 PM

View PostAptorian, on Mar 20 2009, 09:49 AM, said:

Awfull series. I don't know why this trend to make vampires human and social persists. It makes me so angry. You can't both have them be supernatural predators with no sould and craving for human flesh and at the same time maintaining a group of mortal friends and keeping up a day job.

Only paragon of virtue Mick St. John could resist the urge to ravage/turn the blond hottie reporter on that show....

#236 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit

Posted 20 March 2009 - 05:21 PM

View PostSlumgullion Spitteler, on Mar 20 2009, 11:06 AM, said:

Only paragon of virtue Mick St. John could resist the urge to ravage/turn the blond hottie reporter on that show....

She's not hot. It may be shallow, but that was my third biggest sticking point to the show (story made no sense, horrible direction being the first two).

#237 User is offline   Slum 

• House Knight

Posted 20 March 2009 - 06:10 PM

Well, hmmph! I think she's smoking hot. The show still sucks, but she's hot.

Also, there's Shannyn Sossamon. I hardly think a lack of hot chicks is one of this shows many faults...

#238 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit

Posted 20 March 2009 - 08:56 PM

View PostSlumgullion Spitteler, on Mar 20 2009, 02:10 PM, said:

Also, there's Shannyn Sossamon. I hardly think a lack of hot chicks is one of this shows many faults...

You're telling me that this girl is hot? I've seen her in a few movies, which do a much, much better job of lighting and framing her right, and she's still not that hot.

Taken straight from the CBS page for the show:
Posted Image

I will give you Sossamon.

This post has been edited by amphibian: 20 March 2009 - 08:57 PM

#239 User is offline   masan's saddle 

• Emperor

Posted 20 March 2009 - 11:53 PM

View Postamphibian, on Mar 20 2009, 08:56 PM, said:

View PostSlumgullion Spitteler, on Mar 20 2009, 02:10 PM, said:

You're telling me that this girl is hot? I've seen her in a few movies, which do a much, much better job of lighting and framing her right, and she's still not that hot.

Taken straight from the CBS page for the show:
Posted Image

I will give you Sossamon.

This looks like Sophie Myles ? I have'nt seen this show but Ms Myles is in Underworld, Dr Who and various other shows on this side of the pond.
This is not a flattering photo, but she is sweet.
Now all the friends that you knew in school they used to be so cool, now they just bore you.
Just look at em' now, already pullin' the plow. So quick to take to grain, like some old mule.

#240 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 20 March 2009 - 11:55 PM

It looks like her, and yes, I think she is hot.

Especially in Underworld.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

Share this topic:

• 389 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users