• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ye Big TV Thread

#181 User is offline   Slum 

• House Knight
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 04 February 2009 - 12:58 PM

I enjoy Eureka. It's entertaining if a bit on the corny side at times.

The show that was my biggest unexpected surprise last year was Sons of Anarchy on FX. I was not expecting to like this show so much, but once I started to watch it I was hooked. Devoured season 1 in a couple of days. Really top-notch acting and an engaging story.

FX is usually pretty good for series that push the envelope a bit.

Burn Notice is also good fun. Fringe has been better since the break.

I watch too much TV.....

#182 User is offline   drinksinbars 

• Soletaken
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 04 February 2009 - 01:16 PM

11th hour is kinda corny but as a cheap mans xfiles /fringe it is pretty good :p

alsos aw first united states of tara, much like juno it seems to try to hard to be shocking and quirky but strong acting keeps it from getting too bad :p cant wait for reaper to restart, oh and season 4 supernatual has been bloody great!

#183 User is offline   Binder of Demons 

• Lord of Light
  • View gallery
  • - Thread Killer -

Posted 04 February 2009 - 02:21 PM

Cheers for the info guys. I'll see if i can track down season1 of eureka in the library here.

@ Slum - I'm already watching Burn Notice and Fringe and really enjoy them.

@ DiBs - I had forgotten about Reaper. Ooh, the excitement. That was good fun. I've never gotten into Supernatural. Maybe i'll check out the library for that too. I've seen the boxset there.

My biggest problem with TV shows in general is that I don't often get the impression that the people involved know where the story is going. you do get a few shows that are more or less full mapped out from start to finish, but it seems to usually be a case of , we have a cool idea, lets get going with it, and hopefully we can milk it for all it's worth. Like Heroes for example, which started out great, but it feels like no one knows what direction they want to take it in.
the X-files is of course the classic. It about the supernatural.... no, its aliens..... no it's a government conspiracy.... no..sorry, it's the government covering up an alien-government conspiracy....no..wait..there's no aliens, hang on there are aliens. Wait.... I'm confused..Let's just finish up here and see if we can make a movie or two. I mean WTF.

I like how DEXTER has done it. You get a storyline. It unfolds. It gets resolved..to a certain degree. A new season starts, we get the fall out from the previous season, and a new plot line unfolds. And that plot line gets resolved. A new season begins, and it proceeds like before. But there is a consistency to it that is reassuring. But that's what happens when you can commission full seasons I guess.

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt - Mark Twain

Never argue with an idiot!
They'll drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!
- Anonymous

#184 User is offline   drinksinbars 

• Soletaken

Posted 04 February 2009 - 04:06 PM

View PostBinder of Demons, on Feb 4 2009, 02:21 PM, said:

Cheers for the info guys. I'll see if i can track down season1 of eureka in the library here.

@ Slum - I'm already watching Burn Notice and Fringe and really enjoy them.

@ DiBs - I had forgotten about Reaper. Ooh, the excitement. That was good fun. I've never gotten into Supernatural. Maybe i'll check out the library for that too. I've seen the boxset there.

My biggest problem with TV shows in general is that I don't often get the impression that the people involved know where the story is going. you do get a few shows that are more or less full mapped out from start to finish, but it seems to usually be a case of , we have a cool idea, lets get going with it, and hopefully we can milk it for all it's worth. Like Heroes for example, which started out great, but it feels like no one knows what direction they want to take it in.
the X-files is of course the classic. It about the supernatural.... no, its aliens..... no it's a government conspiracy.... no..sorry, it's the government covering up an alien-government conspiracy....no..wait..there's no aliens, hang on there are aliens. Wait.... I'm confused..Let's just finish up here and see if we can make a movie or two. I mean WTF.

I like how DEXTER has done it. You get a storyline. It unfolds. It gets resolved..to a certain degree. A new season starts, we get the fall out from the previous season, and a new plot line unfolds. And that plot line gets resolved. A new season begins, and it proceeds like before. But there is a consistency to it that is reassuring. But that's what happens when you can commission full seasons I guess.

supernatural has an overall arc that has been going since the very start, and though it took a while to get started the seasons are just better one after the other

#185 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 04 February 2009 - 09:09 PM

PRATCHETT PROGRAM ON BBC 2

BEEN 10 MINUTES ALREADY

GO GO GO
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#186 User is offline   Slum 

• House Knight

Posted 05 February 2009 - 12:10 AM

Anyone been watching the new season of Scrubs? They've been airing two episodes per Tuesday for a few weeks now. It's still the same old goodness it's always been.

Last week Dr. Cox took Kelso's old job...

#187 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 05 February 2009 - 12:18 AM

DOES JD STILL LOVE ELLIOT BUT NOT LOVE HER AT THE SAME TIME AND VICE VERSA

THATS MY FAVOURITE PART

ITS SO GOOD THEY HAVE IT IN EVERY EPISODE AND IT NEVER GETS OLD

NEVER
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#188 User is offline   Slum 

• House Knight

Posted 05 February 2009 - 12:23 AM

When you post all in caps does that imply sarcasm?

Elliot and JD are a couple again as of the last episode. Who knows how long it'll last - they're both neurotic weirdos.

#189 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 05 February 2009 - 12:31 AM

Occasionally, and yes for this time. Sometimes for emphasis. And also when I am too lazy for punctuation.

#190 User is offline   Sir Thursday 

• House Knight

Posted 05 February 2009 - 02:52 AM

I'm currently eagerly awaiting the Terminator/Dollhouse Friday night combo that's supposed to be starting up soon...apart from that, I'm still enjoying Fringe's complete disregard for science - it's awesome...I was initially planning on ditching Heroes, but the first one after the break was actually a big improvement so I'll give it a few more episodes to see if they can keep it up. Of course, by that time Bryan Fuller will be on board and I'll have to watch the one's he's had a hand in to see if they're better, so I suspect I'll end up watching the rest of the series now.

Merlin and Dexter are finished for the time being, Eureka won't be back until the summer...so in actual fact my TV load will be reduced somewhat in the coming weeks.

Sir Thursday
Don't look now, but I think there's something weird attached to the bottom of my posts.

#191 User is offline   Dr Trouble 

• Pug Life

Posted 08 February 2009 - 10:06 AM

I've become hooked on Gossip Girl bros, Can someone take my man card from me? I don't deserve it anymore.

#192 User is offline   Binder of Demons 

• Lord of Light
  • View gallery
  • - Thread Killer -

Posted 08 February 2009 - 10:28 AM

View PostTrouble, on Feb 8 2009, 11:06 PM, said:

I've become hooked on Gossip Girl bros, Can someone take my man card from me? I don't deserve it anymore.

To paraphrase one of your countrymen,
"See..This here is Trouble........He watches Gossip Girl"
[slaps on back of head]
"Oi, Trouble.... Harden the f#ck Up!!!"

Can't say I've ever watched an episode of Gossip Girl, but I'm guessing there's plenty of hot chicks in it? So you may be excused, I don't know.

I've just watched the pilot of Eureka and I quite enjoyed it, but I'm not sure I can see it sustaining my interest through a ouple of seasons. But in the absence of other shows I may watch it anyway.

I can't wait for REAPER to start up again though.

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt - Mark Twain

Never argue with an idiot!
They'll drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!
- Anonymous

#193 User is offline   Dr Trouble 

• Pug Life

Posted 08 February 2009 - 10:29 AM

I met Chopper a few years back when I turned 18, and he actually said that to me. :harhar:

This post has been edited by Trouble: 08 February 2009 - 10:30 AM

#194 User is offline   Slum 

• House Knight

Posted 08 February 2009 - 01:22 PM

View PostTrouble, on Feb 8 2009, 05:06 AM, said:

I think there are support groups for that kind of thing...

Actually, I watch it sometimes. It's plenty entertaining, what with all the sex and drugs and hot high school girls trying to ruin each other.

#195 User is offline   Gem Windcaster 

• Bequeathed Overmind
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 08 February 2009 - 08:00 PM

I am totally addicted to 24 - so much that I am not sure how I am supposed to get through the days in between the episodes. Thankfully there was a 24 marathon on a channel here in Sweden this week, so I think I'll make it unharmed until the next episode, but I am not sure what I will do after that. The 7th season so far is totally BADASS! :harhar: After watching the wishy washy season of prison break, I think I am going to cry of happiness to get some shiny goodies to watch again.
Spoiler

_ In the dark I play the night, like a tune vividly fright_
So light it blows, at lark it goes _
invisible indifferent sight_

#196 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 09 February 2009 - 11:32 AM

Easy there Gem! Have to agree about the total badass-ness (?) of 24. I watched the whole of season 6 over about three days; then Redemption, just before series 7 started.

Only problem is that now I've caught up I have to wait a whole week for a new episode...
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#197 User is offline   Gem Windcaster 

• Bequeathed Overmind
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 09 February 2009 - 02:32 PM

Yeah I know right - It's torture. Hehe, did you see what I did there... :)
_ In the dark I play the night, like a tune vividly fright_
So light it blows, at lark it goes _
invisible indifferent sight_

#198 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 09 February 2009 - 08:46 PM

And more to go tonight! I don't think any other program holds my attention as totally as 24.

Has anyone caught 'Being Human?' I saw what i think was episode 2 - it's about a werewolf, a vampire and a ghost, all sharing a flat. It was advertised as a comedy drama - the one I saw didn't have much comedy, but definitly had a lot of drama. And blood.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#199 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 09 February 2009 - 09:37 PM

I'm annoyed that they have the new episodes of Scrubs on at the same time as Fringe. Weak.
Error: Signature not valid

#200 User is offline   Slum 

• House Knight

Posted 09 February 2009 - 10:27 PM

View PostRaymond Luxury Yacht, on Feb 9 2009, 04:37 PM, said:

I'm annoyed that they have the new episodes of Scrubs on at the same time as Fringe. Weak.

Ray, you can watch either one on your computer, you know. Not pirated, I know how you feel about that. They're free. ABC.com has particularly good quality videos.

Fringe

Scrubs

Share this topic:

• 389 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

11 User(s) are reading this topic
1 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users

1. Tsundoku