• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ye Big TV Thread

#161 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 18 November 2008 - 07:38 PM

My own Worst Enemy got cancelled. Boo. I was starting to get into it.
Error: Signature not valid

#162 User is offline   Lost Marine 

• Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 19 November 2008 - 02:29 AM

View PostRaymond Luxury Yacht, on Nov 18 2008, 02:38 PM, said:

I never could get into that one. I just started watching Life, I got sucked in pretty quick. I kind of want to see him really go off on someone.

Pushing Daisies is pretty interesting too.

#163 User is offline   RodeoRanch 

• The Midnight Special
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 19 November 2008 - 05:04 AM

Pushing Daisies is right on the edge of getting canceled, so I've heard. I like Life too.

#164 User is offline   drinksinbars 

• Soletaken
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 19 November 2008 - 10:23 AM

View PostMezla PigDog, on Oct 31 2008, 03:01 PM, said:

I currently love watching the ridiculous Saturday evening BBC1 show "Hole In The Wall". C-list celebrities dress in silver spandex and helmets and have to jump through a wall with strange shaped holes in it travelling towards them at high speed before it knocks them into a pool of water. Yes, it was originally Japanese.

i saw a few minutes of that the other night witht he wee girl from hollyoaks on it............. dear god what are those people on???? i had to turn over, the bulges were scaring me and the woman and i had just eaten.

#165 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 19 November 2008 - 06:12 PM

View Postch'arlz, on Oct 24 2008, 03:10 PM, said:

I'm enjoying Fringe this year much more than Heroes.

I'm totally in agreement with you. I've reached the point where i think i may be watching Heroes out of stubborness and genre loyalty more than actual likey.

View PostSir Thursday, on Oct 24 2008, 09:43 PM, said:

I was until the last episode, which was all over the place in terms of characterization ...If the event was that traumatising, it would have affected her personality in previous episodes too.
Sir Thursday

There were only like a total of five episodes at that point. Do you expect the show to show you EVERYTHING about EVERYONE in the first 44min segment?

Put another way, it's hardly a novel idea that someone would act differently on their birthday/anniversary of a traumatic event than any other day.

View PostRaymond Luxury Yacht, on Nov 18 2008, 02:38 PM, said:

Out of fondness for Slater back when he was cool (it was about seventeen days back in the early nineties, most of you missed it) i tried, but it was just too predictable, weak and unitneresting for me.

I currently love watching the ridiculous Saturday evening BBC1 show "Hole In The Wall". C-list celebrities dress in silver spandex and helmets and have to jump through a wall with strange shaped holes in it travelling towards them at high speed before it knocks them into a pool of water. Yes, it was originally Japanese.

every time i think reality tv has sunk as low as it can go, it digs down a little lower...

This season, i have settled on Terminator, Heroes (see above), Fringe, and House (and So You Think You Can Dance Canada but we don't need to talk about that... shut up... i hear you laughing over there i said shut it...) .
Am eagerly anticipating the return of Lost, Battlestar Galactica and yes, The L Word (you heard me say shut it, right? right?) .
Am also looking forward to Dollhouse, altho am skeptical whether Joss can make it work.

- Abyss, ...oh, fuck off... it's a good show...
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#166 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 20 November 2008 - 11:18 AM

View Postdrinksinbars, on Nov 19 2008, 10:23 AM, said:

i saw a few minutes of that the other night witht he wee girl from hollyoaks on it............. dear god what are those people on???? i had to turn over, the bulges were scaring me and the woman and i had just eaten.

In which case, you will be disappointed to hear that you have missed Neil and Christine Hamilton AND Vanessa Feltz dressed in silver spandex and negotiating the wall!!
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#167 User is offline   drinksinbars 

• Soletaken

Posted 20 November 2008 - 02:42 PM

dear god mezla, your eyes, YOUR EYES!!!!!!! how can you punish them so?????!!!!!

#168 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 20 November 2008 - 05:06 PM

View Postdrinksinbars, on Nov 20 2008, 02:42 PM, said:

dear god mezla, your eyes, YOUR EYES!!!!!!! how can you punish them so?????!!!!!

It all becomes worth it when they get twatted with a moving wall :p (<---- literally!)
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#169 User is offline   Gilgamesh1082 

• Recruit

Posted 24 November 2008 - 12:41 PM

For those who don't sit down in front of the tube to watch the FX Network at 10/9 central on Tuesday nights, I weep for you. The greatest cop show of all time and possibly the best show of all time comes to a close this week when The Shield takes its final 90 minute bow. From the first episode when Vic puts a bullet into Terry to last week's chilling confession of the Strike Team's criminal enterprise, this show has managed to up the tempo each and every week it's aired these last 7 years. I just wish that the FCC would would have given Shawn Ryan his F-bomb last week. It would have made Claudette's breakdown at finding Vic had full immunity even better.

#170 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 24 November 2008 - 01:33 PM

View PostLost Marine, on Nov 19 2008, 02:29 AM, said:

Is there a second series going then? Oooooh :D
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#171 User is offline   Dr Trouble 

• Pug Life

Posted 24 November 2008 - 10:31 PM

View PostGilgamesh1082, on Nov 24 2008, 09:41 PM, said:

For those who don't sit down in front of the tube to watch the FX Network at 10/9 central on Tuesday nights, I weep for you. The greatest cop show of all time and possibly the best show of all time comes to a close this week when The Shield takes its final 90 minute bow. From the first episode when Vic puts a bullet into Terry to last week's chilling confession of the Strike Team's criminal enterprise, this show has managed to up the tempo each and every week it's aired these last 7 years. I just wish that the FCC would would have given Shawn Ryan his F-bomb last week. It would have made Claudette's breakdown at finding Vic had full immunity even better.

Do you work for The Shield by any chance? :rant:

The Wire is superior in every way.

#172 User is offline   Sir Thursday 

• House Knight

Posted 26 November 2008 - 01:57 AM

View Postcaladanbrood, on Nov 24 2008, 01:33 PM, said:

View PostLost Marine, on Nov 19 2008, 02:29 AM, said:

Is there a second series going then? Oooooh :rant:

It's been cancelled now, you're too late...

Sir Thursday
Don't look now, but I think there's something weird attached to the bottom of my posts.

#173 User is offline   Lost Marine 

• Fist

Posted 26 November 2008 - 12:00 PM

Pushing Daisies was cancelled? That sucks I really liked that show. Plus it had more cleavage per frame then any other show on tv.

#174 User is offline   Slum 

• House Knight

Posted 03 January 2009 - 12:30 AM

Lord help me! I started watching The L Word, because, well, I was curious, and now I can't stop. Great characters and gratuitous girl-on-girl scenes are win in my book.

#175 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 03 January 2009 - 04:30 PM

I ended up watching an episode of something called Wipeout, and I couldn't stop laughing. Does that make me a bad person?
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#176 User is offline   Gilgamesh1082 

• Recruit

Posted 05 January 2009 - 04:13 PM

View PostTrouble, on Nov 24 2008, 04:31 PM, said:

View PostGilgamesh1082, on Nov 24 2008, 09:41 PM, said:

Do you work for The Shield by any chance? :p

The Wire is superior in every way.

That would be a negative. I have started watching The Wire recently (woohoo half off HBO boxes at Best Buy) and am currently halfway through season 3. I still say The Shield is better, though. However, I can see where the storyline is going and can definitely see this show matching or surpassing The Shield in season 4 or 5.

#177 User is offline   stone monkey 

• I'm the baddest man alive and I don't plan to die...
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods

Posted 08 January 2009 - 05:59 PM

Oh I'm sure I missed the boat on this one but I was off sick on Tuesday, so I spent it in bed watching Season 1 of The Wire which turns out to be even better than everyone says.
If an opinion contrary to your own makes you angry, that is a sign that you are subconsciously aware of having no good reason for thinking as you do. If some one maintains that two and two are five, or that Iceland is on the equator, you feel pity rather than anger, unless you know so little of arithmetic or geography that his opinion shakes your own contrary conviction. … So whenever you find yourself getting angry about a difference of opinion, be on your guard; you will probably find, on examination, that your belief is going beyond what the evidence warrants. Bertrand Russell

#178 User is offline   Binder of Demons 

• Lord of Light
  • View gallery
  • - Thread Killer -

Posted 02 February 2009 - 11:19 AM

OK, I've nearly exhausted my TV viewing, and am looking for something else to pass the time.

One series i heard a few people mention but i've never seen is Eureka.
Is that worth watching?

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt - Mark Twain

Never argue with an idiot!
They'll drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!
- Anonymous

#179 User is offline   Catherine 

• Lieutenant
  • Interests:SCA<br />International Side-saddle Association<br />good books<br />the Space Channe<br />Arabian horses

Posted 02 February 2009 - 09:37 PM

I love Eureka, a town full of geniuses except for the sheriff who is not but usually the person that saves the day. Very quirky with great toys. One episode was about a dog show - best of breeds but all the dogs are mechanical, ends up the winner cheated and substituted a mechanical dog for a real one. Lots of interesting characters, science gone wild.

#180 User is offline   Sir Thursday 

• House Knight

Posted 04 February 2009 - 03:28 AM

View PostCatherine, on Feb 2 2009, 09:37 PM, said:

I love Eureka, a town full of geniuses except for the sheriff who is not but usually the person that saves the day. Very quirky with great toys. One episode was about a dog show - best of breeds but all the dogs are mechanical, ends up the winner cheated and substituted a mechanical dog for a real one. Lots of interesting characters, science gone wild.

Unfortunately, we're going to have to wait until the summer to see more of it :p. I've enjoyed what I've seen thus far though, although I thought its latest attempt at an extended story arc fell a little flat in Season 3.

Sir Thursday

This post has been edited by Sir Thursday: 04 February 2009 - 03:29 AM

Don't look now, but I think there's something weird attached to the bottom of my posts.

Share this topic:

• 388 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users