• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ye Big TV Thread

#241 User is offline   masan's saddle 

• Emperor
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 20 March 2009 - 11:57 PM

Ah...... Underworld,..........Kate....(gnnnn)......Beckinsale........., gotta go ! :p
Now all the friends that you knew in school they used to be so cool, now they just bore you.
Just look at em' now, already pullin' the plow. So quick to take to grain, like some old mule.

#242 User is offline   Sir Thursday 

• House Knight
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 20 March 2009 - 11:58 PM

Posted Image

Make you rethink at all, Amp?

This post has been edited by Sir Thursday: 20 March 2009 - 11:58 PM

Don't look now, but I think there's something weird attached to the bottom of my posts.

#243 User is offline   masan's saddle 

• Emperor

Posted 20 March 2009 - 11:59 PM

View PostSir Thursday, on Mar 20 2009, 11:58 PM, said:

Posted Image

WIN !
Now all the friends that you knew in school they used to be so cool, now they just bore you.
Just look at em' now, already pullin' the plow. So quick to take to grain, like some old mule.

#244 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 21 March 2009 - 05:47 AM

View PostSir Thursday, on Mar 20 2009, 07:58 PM, said:

Posted Image

Broken link. And even after seeing the actual photo you're referring to (found the URL), nope.

I honestly get involved with better looking women than that.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#245 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 21 March 2009 - 07:46 AM

it pains me to say this, but I agree with Amphibian
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#246 User is offline   Dr Trouble 

• Pug Life

Posted 21 March 2009 - 08:36 AM

I also agree.

Bitch just isn't pretty.

#247 User is offline   Anomander 

• Wielder of Dragnipur
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 21 March 2009 - 02:46 PM

I thought she was plenty hot in Underworld, but outside of that... mostly meh.
And so the First denied their Mother,
in their fury, and so were cast out,
doomed children of Mother Dark.

#248 User is offline   Slum 

• House Knight

Posted 22 March 2009 - 08:17 PM

I've finished the first season of Damages, which I thought was pretty good. More quality from the folks at FX. The season finale I felt was a little weak, but I don't see any other way they could've done it, really.

Still, top-notch acting in this show. I started the second season and it looks to have a more interesting premise than the first, so yeah...

Also, I would hump Sophie Myles any day of the week. That is all.

#249 User is offline   Binder of Demons 

• Lord of Light
  • View gallery
  • - Thread Killer -

Posted 22 March 2009 - 11:58 PM

View PostSlumgullion Spitteler, on Mar 23 2009, 09:17 AM, said:

I've finished the first season of Damages, which I thought was pretty good. More quality from the folks at FX. The season finale I felt was a little weak, but I don't see any other way they could've done it, really.

Still, top-notch acting in this show. I started the second season and it looks to have a more interesting premise than the first, so yeah...

Been watching Season2 of Damages and it has been surprisingly good. They've managed to keep the quality pretty high.

View PostSlumgullion Spitteler, on Mar 23 2009, 09:17 AM, said:

Also, I would hump Sophie Myles any day of the week. That is all.

Having only seen her in a double episode of Dr Who, I will wholeheartedly concur with this. She was really hot in that ep.

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt - Mark Twain

Never argue with an idiot!
They'll drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!
- Anonymous

#250 User is offline   Grimjust Bearegular 

• Irregular Bacon Berserker Medic of the Abyssmal Army
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:MAFIA, drawing and writing.
  • Godless killing machine - and proud of it!

Also, braaaaiiiinnnnzzzzzzzz!

Posted 23 March 2009 - 11:35 AM

I think she is adorable, so there!

And I quite like the show, it's soooo romantic! It's a different take on vampires that I actually don't hate...which I normally do.
Things and stuffs...and other important objects.

#251 User is offline   McLovin 

• Cutlery Enthusiast
  • Interests:Knives. Stabbing. Stabbing with knives.

Posted 29 March 2009 - 01:32 AM

Watched the series premiere of Kings. Didn't sound that interesting, but I did it out of respect for Ian McShane. It was OK, strictly OK. Not sure I'll hang with it for many more eps, but you never know.

Heroes is seriously p!ssing me off though. This season is sucking hard - just not going anywhere...
OK, I think I got it, but just in case, can you say the whole thing over again? I wasn't really listening.

#252 User is offline   Slum 

• House Knight

Posted 31 March 2009 - 11:21 PM

View PostMcLovin, on Mar 28 2009, 09:32 PM, said:

Heroes is seriously p!ssing me off though. This season is sucking hard - just not going anywhere...

For real. This has been such a disappointing season. Even Sylar couldn't save last night's episode from sub-mediocrity.

Seriously, Sylar stands in the pouring rain, grinning maniacally while Del Shannon's Runaway plays in the background, "I'm walking in the rain, tears are falling, I feel the pain..." My cheese-o-meter red-lined on that one....

It just keeps getting worse and worse.

#253 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 05 April 2009 - 07:19 PM

Just borrowed the first season of Dexter from one of my friends. Now i can finally find out what the hell you all are talking about. :(
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#254 User is offline   RodeoRanch 

• The Midnight Special
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 05 April 2009 - 07:26 PM

Fantastic episode of Terminator this week. Just brilliant. The show has really shaped into something smart. Too bad it's likely going to be canceled soon.

#255 User is offline   Grimjust Bearegular 

• Irregular Bacon Berserker Medic of the Abyssmal Army
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:MAFIA, drawing and writing.
  • Godless killing machine - and proud of it!

Also, braaaaiiiinnnnzzzzzzzz!

Posted 06 April 2009 - 12:41 PM

View PostSlow Ben, on Apr 5 2009, 07:19 PM, said:

Just borrowed the first season of Dexter from one of my friends. Now i can finally find out what the hell you all are talking about. :(

Dexter is fucking excellent! The first and third seasons are the best. The second is rather slow, but picks up its pace after a while...a looong while.
Things and stuffs...and other important objects.

#256 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 06 April 2009 - 02:47 PM

Kings is getting even better. The third episode was extremely solid all the way through and the dialogue has turned absolutely top-notch.

Ian McShane is in the process of creating one of the best characters in TV history.

I hope the internet viewies/TiVo is sufficient for this show to keep running. This is so much better than The Black Donnellys or any other big budget epic attempt I've seen in years. And it's kind of SF to boot.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#257 User is offline   masan's saddle 

• Emperor

Posted 06 April 2009 - 05:49 PM

View PostRodeoRanch, on Apr 5 2009, 08:26 PM, said:

Fantastic episode of Terminator this week. Just brilliant. The show has really shaped into something smart. Too bad it's likely going to be canceled soon.

What's this ! Why is it going to be cancelled ? Granted it has the odd meandering " fuck all" happens episode but it's an excellent series. The potential for a long runner is massive, I mean how old is John Connor at the mo 15/16 ? Christ they've got another 20 years of his life to muck about with yet, let alone mucking about with viewer perceptions/reality/paradox.

Cancelling this show would be a crime, it's TERMINATOR maaaaan!, the movie is out soon as well ! :p:

View PostGrimhilde, on Apr 6 2009, 01:41 PM, said:

View PostSlow Ben, on Apr 5 2009, 07:19 PM, said:

Dexter is fucking excellent! The first and third seasons are the best. The second is rather slow, but picks up its pace after a while...a looong while.

Thirded ! by far the best thing I watched last year along with BSG. Dexter is the one of the best anti-heroes ever and it messes with your mind a bit when you find yourself cheering him on, with a bone saw in one hand and cling wrap in the other !

#258 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 06 April 2009 - 06:31 PM

View Postmasan's saddle, on Apr 6 2009, 07:49 PM, said:

What's this ! Why is it going to be cancelled ? Granted it has the odd meandering " fuck all" happens episode but it's an excellent series. The potential for a long runner is massive, I mean how old is John Connor at the mo 15/16 ? Christ they've got another 20 years of his life to muck about with yet, let alone mucking about with viewer perceptions/reality/paradox.

Cancelling this show would be a crime, it's TERMINATOR maaaaan!, the movie is out soon as well ! :(:

It's a terminator series where Connor spends half his time... GOING TO FUCKING HIGHSCHOOOOLLL!!! Fuck that.

I quiet watching a few episodes into the second season because it was just too stupid and nothing was really happening.

#259 User is offline   Sir Thursday 

• House Knight

Posted 06 April 2009 - 08:51 PM

View PostAptorian, on Apr 6 2009, 07:31 PM, said:

View Postmasan's saddle, on Apr 6 2009, 07:49 PM, said:

Cancelling this show would be a crime, it's TERMINATOR maaaaan!, the movie is out soon as well ! :(:

It's a terminator series where Connor spends half his time... GOING TO FUCKING HIGHSCHOOOOLLL!!! Fuck that.

I quiet watching a few episodes into the second season because it was just too stupid and nothing was really happening.

Whaa???!!! I've been watching the second season and I haven't even seen the inside of a school since about the 3rd episode. The last three eps have been some of the best TV I've seen in ages. Seriously, I'd recommend you give it another shot. It's true that it does have the occasional introspective episode in which not much happens, but there's a ton of good stuff in there. Way better than any other sci-fi show currently airing on US network TV, IMO (although admittedly that doesn't mean all that much at the moment.)

Sir Thursday
Don't look now, but I think there's something weird attached to the bottom of my posts.

#260 User is offline   Sir Thursday 

• House Knight

Posted 07 April 2009 - 02:40 AM

Hmm, tonight's episode of Chuck was unfortunately rather predictable. They seem to have lost some of the humour recently - this episode didn't have enough Buy More, and unfortunately Fulcrum make for too ruthless an enemy to have much zany spy action going on. Just hope that they can recover that blend of action and comedy that made it so great before.

Sir Thursday

Share this topic:

• 389 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

5 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users