• You cannot reply to this topic

Worst Movie you've ever Seen?

#141 User is offline   Cougar 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • View gallery
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 16 May 2008 - 03:38 PM

Darkwatch;309621 said:

The movie and books were based on an RPG he plays with his friends. He accomplished a good many geeks dream of making a high budget movie out of their campaign. Essentialy it was like the DnD movie but with a specific game setting.

Which is pretty similar to what SE and ICE have managed
I AM A TWAT

#142 User is offline   Binder of Demons 

• Lord of Light
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • - Thread Killer -

Posted 16 May 2008 - 03:41 PM

Since people have been mentioning Jonny Moronic, it has reminded me of a movie i thought i wiped from my memory.
TANK GIRL.
Dear God, how can anybody tolerate that whiney twit Lori Petty as an actress. Her voice is a certified torture device. Fortunately I only ever came across it on TV because I can't imagine paying money for that shite!

A movie I have only seen pieces of (but that's more that enough) that looked horrendous was CAST AWAY. I just wish he drowned!! Or starved...... Or [insert painful ending here] What were you thinking Mr Hanks?

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt - Mark Twain

Never argue with an idiot!
They'll drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!
- Anonymous

#143 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 16 May 2008 - 03:43 PM

What? Cast Away was awesome! I nearly cried when the Wilson ball fell into the water.

#144 User is offline   Cougar 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • View gallery

Posted 16 May 2008 - 03:44 PM

I'm gonna have to say that the Thin Red Line was one of the worst 3 hours of my life.

Also 'Eyes Wide Shut'...I fucking wish mine had been for the whole film
I AM A TWAT

#145 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 16 May 2008 - 04:01 PM

Binder of Demons;309626 said:

Since people have been mentioning Jonny Moronic, it has reminded me of a movie i thought i wiped from my memory.
TANK GIRL.
Dear God, how can anybody tolerate that whiney twit Lori Petty as an actress. Her voice is a certified torture device. Fortunately I only ever came across it on TV because I can't imagine paying money for that shite!

A movie I have only seen pieces of (but that's more that enough) that looked horrendous was CAST AWAY. I just wish he drowned!! Or starved...... Or [insert painful ending here] What were you thinking Mr Hanks?

Castaway IMO was simply great...til he left the island. He should have died instead of having that lamewad 45 mins of him whining about his stupid wife at the end. What a buzzkill.

As for riddick, I'll say the theatrical version is dumb as a post. The director's cut contains 15 crucial minutes of backstory that make the ENTIRE FRACKING MOVIE make sense. In those 15 minutes are the furion story, Riddick's motivation for wanting to kill the Lord Marshal, the Lord Marshal's reason for wanting to kill riddick, The reason Vacko didn't kill Ridick on the landing strip on Crematoria and a cool part of one of the action scenes. They could have cut so much other stuff...I never get why the theatrical version took so much away from the story.
SO ALL OF YOU SHUT YOUR STUPID MOUTHS ABOUT RIDDICK
That movie is awesome *cries shamelessly to self*
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#146 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 16 May 2008 - 04:04 PM

Aptorian;309628 said:

What? Cast Away was awesome! I nearly cried when the Wilson ball fell into the water.

I thought it was okay. I was sort of hoping a shark would swim by and eat the ball at that point.

Cougar;309630 said:

I'm gonna have to say that the Thin Red Line was one of the worst 3 hours of my life....

Agreed on this one. Here's a bunch of interchangeable skinny white guys. Watch them walk thru the jungle, and babble philosophy, and in case you start to realize how thoroughly crap this is, hey, look, gratuitous George Clooney appearance!

- Abyss, notes however that if a sniper had taken George out right at that moment, the movie would have been saved.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#147 User is offline   Darkwatch 

• A Strange Human
  • Group: The Most Holy and Exalted Inquis

Posted 16 May 2008 - 04:05 PM

Abyss;309646 said:

gratuitous George Clooney appearance!

I love the way that's phrased.
The Pub is Always Open

Proud supporter of the Wolves of Winter. Glory be to her Majesty, The Lady Snow.
Cursed Summer returns. The Lady Now Sleeps.

The Sexy Thatch Burning Physicist

Τον Πρωτος Αληθη Δεσποτην της Οικιας Αυτος

RodeoRanch said:

You're a rock.
A non-touching itself rock.

#148 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 16 May 2008 - 04:17 PM

Worst animated film ever... Final Fantasy: Advent Children

Honestly, it's shockingly bad. Even worse than the other one they did - Spirit Inside or something, which was saved by having a supremely awesome cast.
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#149 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 16 May 2008 - 04:22 PM

You can't seriously say the FF films are the worst ever. I mean, they have boring parts, weird dialogue only hardcore final fantasy nerds give a crap about, but the action and the animantion is super awesome

That scene in Advent Children where the bird dragon monster thing shows up is just about the coolest thing ever.

And the first FF movie was practically ground breaking in its quality. Also the ghost things where awesome.

#150 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 16 May 2008 - 04:28 PM

No, honestly, I actually payed money for the Advent Children DVD, which seriously pissed me off. I'm an FF geek and I still hated it. If I want to watch gorgeous animation with no appreciable links between scenes I'll just play the FF10 cut-scenes back to back, it would be better :D
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#151 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 16 May 2008 - 04:35 PM

Aptorian;309661 said:

You can't say seriously say the FF films are the worst ever. I mean, they have boring parts, weird dialogue only hardcore final fantasy nerds give a crap about, but the action and the animantion is super awesome

That scene in Advent Children where the bird dragon monster thing shows up is just about the coolest thing ever.

And the first FF movie was practically ground breaking in its quality. Also the ghost things where awesome.

I

Gotta say I side with the above. Both FF movies had me stunned with the visual quality. Poorly linked story but absolutely incredible in looks. There's got to be worse animated movies out there.

liiiiiiike...

garfield and scooby doo. Those were some fncking horrible animated (or at least semi animated) movies.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#152 User is offline   stone monkey 

• I'm the baddest man alive and I don't plan to die...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: (COPPA) Users Awaiting Moderatio

Posted 16 May 2008 - 04:50 PM

I rather enjoyed FFVII: Advent Children - and I too paid money for it. The characters have a bit too much of Uncanny Valley about them for my tastes, but the images are gorgeous in places. But if you're the type to seek coherent plots and the like, I wouldn't say that that would be the best place to go looking for them...
If an opinion contrary to your own makes you angry, that is a sign that you are subconsciously aware of having no good reason for thinking as you do. If some one maintains that two and two are five, or that Iceland is on the equator, you feel pity rather than anger, unless you know so little of arithmetic or geography that his opinion shakes your own contrary conviction. … So whenever you find yourself getting angry about a difference of opinion, be on your guard; you will probably find, on examination, that your belief is going beyond what the evidence warrants. Bertrand Russell

#153 User is offline   Whiskey Freak 

• Recruit

Posted 16 May 2008 - 05:03 PM

worst movie ever? the brothers grimm. me and a buddy both walked out of that one at the same point in the movie. we were in different theatres and were watching at different times.

worse movie ive been forced to watch because it was a "classic" - Taxi Driver or whatever it was called. with deniro.

#154 User is offline   Darkwatch 

• A Strange Human
  • Group: The Most Holy and Exalted Inquis

Posted 16 May 2008 - 05:04 PM

The Bahamut fight scene and the motor cycle chase are awesome.

And Spirit's Within had a great cast and awesome animation. Not to mention the Zeus Cannon was simply insane.
The Pub is Always Open

Proud supporter of the Wolves of Winter. Glory be to her Majesty, The Lady Snow.
Cursed Summer returns. The Lady Now Sleeps.

The Sexy Thatch Burning Physicist

Τον Πρωτος Αληθη Δεσποτην της Οικιας Αυτος

RodeoRanch said:

You're a rock.
A non-touching itself rock.

#155 User is offline   Tif the Barber Boy 

• Captain

Posted 16 May 2008 - 05:21 PM

cerveza_fiesta;309643 said:

As for riddick, I'll say the theatrical version is dumb as a post. The director's cut contains 15 crucial minutes of backstory that make the ENTIRE FRACKING MOVIE make sense. In those 15 minutes are the furion story, Riddick's motivation for wanting to kill the Lord Marshal, the Lord Marshal's reason for wanting to kill riddick, The reason Vacko didn't kill Ridick on the landing strip on Crematoria and a cool part of one of the action scenes. They could have cut so much other stuff...I never get why the theatrical version took so much away from the story.
SO ALL OF YOU SHUT YOUR STUPID MOUTHS ABOUT RIDDICK
That movie is awesome *cries shamelessly to self*

You know Riddick was on TV a few days back and I started watching it, and as it went along, I would think, "hmm, I dont recall seeing that little scene before", or "I'm sure this scene was shorter when i saw this." So I guessed I was watching some kind of director's cut. Whats funny is that its not hugely different - you say they cut 15 minutes and I guess all these snippets probably add up to that much, but I have to say, the story did seem to be a whole lot more interesting than I remembered it being.

I still maintain Riddick is the best Sword & Sorcery movie ever made. Sure it has spaceships and laser guns, but at heart Riddick is Conan. Its very, very different from the first movie.

As for Thin Red Line - its an odd duck, particularly since its climatic scene [taking the village] happens about half way through the movie. It feels like everything that follows is an anticlimax. The large cast and the refusal to stick to the usual 'band of heroes' storyline is also unusual. Its obvious that the director had some trouble in making his movie come together. The original cut was five hours long. One of the pivotal characters was played by Adrian Brody who was almost entirely chopped out of the movie in the final cut (he is left with a couple of lines of dialogue). Originally Billy Bob Thornton also had a significant role and he provided 3 hours of narration - he was also dropped from the final cut. Other actors whose parts were completely cut out of the final version include Martin Sheen, Gary Oldman, Bill Pullman, Viggo Mortenson and Mickey Rourke!

As for George Clooney, apparently the studio made it a condition of funding the movie that he be in it, so he was given a minor role which was milked by the marketing people for all it was worth. As it so happens, I thought his cameo is very effective.

For all its problems, I liked Thin Red Line a whole lot. Its flawed, its a mess, its confused, but its brilliantly flawed.

#156 User is offline   lobo the wolfman 

• Wide Eyed Stupid
  • Interests:Beer, books and heavy metal.

Posted 16 May 2008 - 10:44 PM

I have watched both versions of Riddick, and i still couldn't bring myself to care about what was going on. Vin as a actor is painful to watch, the story is boring with a few 'fantasy' names and words thown in for no good reason, i could go on but at the end of the day it's my opinion of the movie.

Thin Red Line, fell asleep after 30 mins, first and only time watching a movie.

But i can't belive that i forgot any and all of the Star Trek films in my first post.

#157 User is offline   Sparkimus 

• afternoon delight

Posted 16 May 2008 - 11:01 PM

Sweet jesus I forgot the The Thin Red Line even existed.

I rented that particular shit sandwich and returned it about an hour later with a few choice words to the jackass there that recommended it to me.

And I'll also throw out Little Ninjas there for you...fucking horrible movie.

And leave Riddick alone :D

QUOTE (Stalker @ Jan 23 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So last night I was walking downtown for some pizza at like 1am with some friends of mine,
and someone said, "I'm so hungry I could eat a whole pizza."

I said, "I bet I could eat 100 pizzas," and no one understood me. I was sad.

#158 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 16 May 2008 - 11:22 PM

Tank Girl

[SIZE=FUCKING HUGE]AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#159 User is offline   Zanth13 

• We are not the same
  • Group: Kings of Drink

Posted 17 May 2008 - 03:59 AM

Sparkimus;309917 said:

Sweet jesus I forgot the The Thin Red Line even existed.

I rented that particular shit sandwich and returned it about an hour later with a few choice words to the jackass there that recommended it to me.

And I'll also throw out Little Ninjas there for you...fucking horrible movie.

And leave Riddick alone :D

Little Nijas was teh aw0some3 when your like 10, dont hate it now because your a "grown up"...

if were thinking about the same movie

(3 kids who know Karate)
You can't find me because I'm lost in the music

#160 User is offline   DarkGothicGirl 

• Corporal
  • Interests:I like reading, fishing, and going to the movies.

Posted 02 August 2008 - 06:58 PM

The worst movie I ever saw was Eragon that movie really sucked.

Share this topic:

• 14 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

6 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users