Malazan Empire: If you could live in the Malazan world... - Malazan Empire

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

If you could live in the Malazan world...

#1 User is offline   SonOfDarkness 

• Lord of Moons Spawn
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Mother Darks Favoured Son

Posted 30 April 2008 - 09:22 PM

If you could live in the Malazan world created by SE, who's company would you like to be in. Along the story line who would you accompany and where do you see yourself going.

Not neccesarily be a character, but where do you see yourself begining this adventure.

I would like to start my adventure in Genebackis in Onearms host as a legion, perhaps a bridgeburner.

Or id love to travel with Anomandaris Purake.

How about you?

#2 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 30 April 2008 - 09:27 PM

Realistically, the best you could hope for is getting horribly stabbed to death by someone attractive, like Apsalar.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#3 User is offline   bhok'arala 

• Genuflector, High House Shadow

Posted 30 April 2008 - 09:32 PM

That's horrible! You think Ganoes "died" the best way possible?

I would either join fiddler's squad (the half that isn't already dead) or travel with Tehol, Bugg, and Ezgartha

#4 User is offline   Optimus Prime 

• Daylight Oblivion
  • Interests:Ranting and Raving. Being the biggest Liberal on this forum. Arguing with Cold Iron (and winning). Writing (struggling right now), reading, Georgia Bulldog FOOTBALL!<br /><br />And the lades, of course, always the ladies ;)

Posted 30 April 2008 - 09:32 PM

Illuyankas;298168 said:

Realistically, the best you could hope for is getting horribly stabbed to death by someone attractive, like Apsalar.

Agreed. And maybe she would throw you some pity sex before hand...but probably not....

#5 User is offline   SonOfDarkness 

• Lord of Moons Spawn

Posted 30 April 2008 - 09:35 PM

Illuyankas;298168 said:

If you got Rake as a Travelling companion, she aint coming close to ya ;)

#6 User is offline   bhok'arala 

Posted 30 April 2008 - 09:36 PM

not so much. besides when apsalar killed ganoes she was still Sorry and maybe even creepier than she is now.

So if you don't want to die a painful death, travle with Apsalar or maybe Curdle and Telorast

#7 User is offline   Ammanas 

• UberSchemer

Posted 30 April 2008 - 09:38 PM

Me, I'd like to hang out with the QOD. Nobody seems to mess with her and she's traveled with Rake and Osric so you KNOW she has some killer stories to tell.

#8 User is offline   Optimus Prime 

• Daylight Oblivion
  • Interests:Ranting and Raving. Being the biggest Liberal on this forum. Arguing with Cold Iron (and winning). Writing (struggling right now), reading, Georgia Bulldog FOOTBALL!<br /><br />And the lades, of course, always the ladies ;)

Posted 30 April 2008 - 09:39 PM

The Chain of Dogs would have been amazing to see first hand, and also terrifying and most likely fatal ;)

#9 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 30 April 2008 - 09:40 PM

hmm..
I could see myself being a 7C native and rising up in the Apocalypse... and then ending up sighning up with the 14th after Raraku..

Or, Alternatively, living in the Mouse, since that seems to be a cool, albeit dangerous place...
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#10 User is offline   bhok'arala 

Posted 30 April 2008 - 09:48 PM

yeah but if you rose up with the apocolypse, you would have most likely ended up sterilized, fevered and delusional or just plain delusional with paronaia and delusions of granduer thrown in.

In the mouse you'd either be starving or being bricked and/or have your head cut off by some crazy dude's shackles

#11 User is offline   Dancer+ 

• A Driven Individual
  • Group: Team Handsome

Posted 30 April 2008 - 09:49 PM

I would like to have been part of the First Sword, Dassem's old elite unit. Failing that part of the talons. Dassem Ultor and Dancer are the two characters I'd like to have a close affinity with. Aside from that it's Fiddler, Quick Ben and Kalam.

#12 User is offline   Thelomen Toblerone 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Team Handsome

Posted 30 April 2008 - 10:01 PM

An Avowed with the Crimson Guard maybe, they have some awesome adventures across the whole world and can handle themselves against most.

#13 User is offline   Paleman 

• Sergeant

Posted 30 April 2008 - 10:03 PM

Why, Pale of course; hence the name.

All we really know about Pale is the aftermath of the Malazan victory there, but what was it really like to be a member of the city guard or some-one similar. Either that or being one of the Mott Irregulars would be quite intriguing.

#14 User is offline   SonOfDarkness 

• Lord of Moons Spawn

Posted 30 April 2008 - 10:06 PM

Being part of Dassems Crew would have been awesome also.

Rake is still my choice, Would love to know whats going on in his head, his plans, his thoughts on wine and women lol ;)

He must have alot of stories to tell, but it would be hard to get them out of him.

Also he would have your back with that bad ass sword.

Then again Karsa would be an awesome travelling compannion. Just so I can Witness!!!!! :D

#15 User is offline   RatManHEB 

• Corporal

Posted 30 April 2008 - 10:16 PM

Definitely one of Shurq's crew. She would almost undoubtedly never... ummm "use" me, but I would be standing right besider Skorgan drooling over her.

#16 User is offline   Gem Windcaster 

• Bequeathed Overmind
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 30 April 2008 - 10:24 PM

I'd find a place where I can hide - at least until I gain some really powerful friends like Quick and Fid so I won't die right away when I stick my nose out.

But the problem with Wu is that there's nowhere to hide, not really, because everything happening out there is gonna affect you sooner or later, hiding or not, so you might aswell get out there and fight. It's better to die saving people than die from a apocalypse when hiding.
_ In the dark I play the night, like a tune vividly fright_
So light it blows, at lark it goes _
invisible indifferent sight_

#17 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 30 April 2008 - 10:25 PM

bhok said:

yeah but if you rose up with the apocolypse, you would have most likely ended up sterilized, fevered and delusional or just plain delusional with paronaia and delusions of granduer thrown in.

In the mouse you'd either be starving or being bricked and/or have your head cut off by some crazy dude's shackles

Ahem...
I come from Eastern Europe, rampart nationalism and believing into a cause to the point of dying for it comes naturally to me.
As for the Mouse--same thing, grew up in the heydeys of "robber capitalism", mean streets and all that jazz...
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#18 User is offline   Gruntle 

• Recruit

Posted 30 April 2008 - 11:02 PM

Stuck at a bar flirtin with Stonny and getting drunk with Gruntle ;)

#19 User is offline   Paleman 

• Sergeant

Posted 30 April 2008 - 11:09 PM

Just following on from my mention of the Mott Irregulars, I reckon they'd be the safest group to be with, after all, they did give the Bridgeburners the runaround and they did have a penchant for beating up Rhivi dung guarders and generally staying out of trouble when they were part of Broods host in MOI. They're also pretty (not) good at despatching necromancers so all in all I think being the second cousin of one of the 23 Bole brothers would be a reasonably safe bet.

#20 User is offline   chthonian 

• Corporal

Posted 30 April 2008 - 11:17 PM

i have to agree with thelomen toblerone, being part of the crimson guard, and possibly an avowed chilling out with skinner and corporal blues would be awesome!

aside from that maybe chilling in Coops' Hanged Man Inn, everything seems to hinge around that joint! =P

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users