Malazan Empire: If you could live in the Malazan world... - Malazan Empire

• 5 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

If you could live in the Malazan world...

#41 User is offline   bhok'arala 

• Genuflector, High House Shadow
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 03 May 2008 - 09:24 PM

A mott Iregular would be pretty cool but ive got to make it seem bad like the others.
hmmmm. You'd have to live in a swamp with lots of bugs and diseases

I chose to go with tehol too but who wants to live in an empire facing civil war and regression/inflation. Wait, that second part just descirbed america. Shit.

#42 User is offline   Sinisdar Toste 

• Dead Serious
  • View gallery

Posted 04 May 2008 - 03:49 AM

i'd live in darujhistan, its a pretty sweet place i reckon, night lamps and all that
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

- Oscar Levant

#43 User is offline   Tehol Beddict 

• Corporal

Posted 05 May 2008 - 03:06 AM

I'd go with... the MOTT IRREGULARS!!:D, simply because it would be a freaking party and a half... I mean, they worship a SALAMANDER... Cheers:D:p
Bugg: 'What will you be doing today, master?'
Tehol: 'Why, I think I shall go back to bed.'

#44 User is offline   Bauchelain the Evil 

• Greatest necromancer ever
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Not much

Posted 05 May 2008 - 05:52 PM

I'd have liken being on the Silanda when they all got magically burned.
Or I'd take Emancipor Reese place and travel with the negromancers.

#45 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 05 May 2008 - 06:15 PM

BauchelaintheEvil;300928 said:

Or I'd take Emancipor Reese place and travel with the negromancers.

I really don't think you'd like that. The tales of KB&B are amusing, but the two necromancers aren't particularly nice.

The things they've done and continue to do are grusome and grotesque. It's liek traveling with Jack the Ripper and Dr. Mengele.

#46 User is offline   Warqueen 

• Sergeant

Posted 05 May 2008 - 06:43 PM

loucanucks@gmail.com;299327 said:

I would want to be A Mott Irreagular that would be awesome

you might have to lower your IQ for that one...

#47 User is offline   Sexy Beast 

• Recruit

Posted 05 May 2008 - 07:41 PM

I think id like to be part of a sapper company, in some malazan army or another. id probably get myself blown up or killed in some other fashion but i still wanna be a sapper.

#48 User is offline   Ain't_It_Just_ 

• The Recidivist
  • Group: LHTEC
  • Interests:Dungeons and Dragons, and the odd caramel slice.
  • The AIJman cometh

Posted 06 May 2008 - 11:15 AM

Being a sapper means you have to be, quote, "shaking like leaves, with pock-marked splash burns and a dark, manic gleam in their eyes."

Sounds great.

#49 User is offline   I HATE PORMQUAL 

• Lieutenant

Posted 06 May 2008 - 11:26 AM

dude.

I would totally be in Mage School.
Being a conjurer of magic would kick ass. I'd go for Baruk's student in Darujhistan. Come on, i could use a shit load of warrens after many years FLYING! FIREBALLS! and all the the jazz.

The things you could mould. And if im with Baruk, maybe i could get onto those potions kallor keeps taking

#50 User is offline   I HATE PORMQUAL 

• Lieutenant

Posted 06 May 2008 - 11:35 AM

FilthyGnome;298585 said:

I'd join Kruppe. I'd be relatively safe and i'd have his witty humour and charm to keep me company.

Dude, Can you honestly say that to me. I would go FUCKING BESERK! Listening to him all the time

Tho i do like that idea of living with the wickans......... But Baruks apprentice still takes the cheese

#51 User is offline   Seed 

• Sergeant

Posted 06 May 2008 - 11:49 AM

Well, I don't think I could pass up a magical character as it were, I find warrens too fascinating an oportunity.

Hmmm, like Sinistar, I think Darujhistan seems reasonably less fatal than most parts of the world. I'd probably make a play for an apprenticeship with one of the Alchemists Guild.

Letheras wouldn't be too bad either, especially if I could hang with the Ceda for some training.

I'd train up a bit in either situation and romp off to explore the warrens and other interesting places for the next 10 - 20 years or so until I made High Mage. Warren diving ethernaut ftw. Naturally I'd be all quick-ben style ninja warren travelling and generally skulking around until I had a decent enough powerlevel to at least get me out of dodge/trouble in most human accessible warrens (runaway!). :D

In fact, now that I think about the Trygelle Trading Guild would be kinda keen, if rather potentially fatal. So lets say being competent/lucky enough to survive...I might have to smooze to the twins or the errant or something for a bit of lucky survivability, corabb style. Maybe go hang with Gothos for a bit to break up the time presuming I didn't trip and end up stuck 6' under the front lawn of the local Azath house or something for the rest of time.

Should I survive all that I'd then retire to Darujhistan and write books and atlas' and marvel at my general omg-I'm-still-alive state of being. :D

(heh, I type too slow...and it seems we think alike I-Hate-Pormqual. :D

#52 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 06 May 2008 - 11:52 AM

I have a feeling that Darujistan is about to become a less pleasant place as of Toll the Hounds.

#53 User is offline   VampireGoat 

• Lieutenant

Posted 07 May 2008 - 01:09 PM

the whole story is caught up in a sorta world war with beings all shapes sizes and power involved, safe really isn't an option anywhere.

dont get going for the safe option, as much as i like the idea of spendin a lot of time in somewhere safe getting drunk, i really dont have to go to the malaz world to do that.

If survivablity wasn't an issue, a marine squad mage would suit me. All the fun of the hung-ho marine warfare coupled with a magic usage would be suicidal paradise for me

#54 User is offline   Warqueen 

• Sergeant

Posted 07 May 2008 - 02:04 PM

SonOfDarkness;298664 said:

That would be awesome warqueen.

cross Kruppe's mule with Pust's mule and raise a herd of...I'm not sure what but it would be fun to see what you get..:D

#55 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 07 May 2008 - 02:07 PM

aren't mules called mules because they are the offspring of a donkey and horse and cannot reproduce?

edit: looked it up... almost always sterile because the species have 62 or 64 chromosomes.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#56 User is offline   Warqueen 

• Sergeant

Posted 07 May 2008 - 02:11 PM

if you stood before Braven Tooth right now what name would he give you?...be honest...you can't be one of the existing characters..you have to be a new one
like I might be Push or Crank

#57 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 07 May 2008 - 02:21 PM

Thought I think. Or maybe Think.

When I think about what I'm doing physically, I can't do it. When I think about what other people are doing or paying attention to something else, I'm a flippen athelete.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#58 User is offline   bhok'arala 

Posted 07 May 2008 - 08:01 PM

the whole point of tooths nameing ceremonies is that you don't pick your own name, you get stuck with the one he gives you regardless of his accuracy.

#59 User is offline   Trull's son 

• First Sword

Posted 07 May 2008 - 10:28 PM

it seems a lot of roofs get walked, skulked, treaded, and otherwise trespassed on in Darujhistan. I would be a local, and open a company concentrated on keeping people OFF your house. Using inventions such as:
1. Concealed sharpers, rigged with trip wires
2. Trained bands of bhok'aral to patrol your roof, throwing feces when necessary

These protections and many more can be available to all non-thief / assasine types. And We're passing the savings on to YOU!

...Anyone wanna buy some shares of the company?

#60 User is offline   bhok'arala 

Posted 07 May 2008 - 11:01 PM

excuse me! its not your place to make their choices look bad!

i already did Mott irregulars so... ah! If you lived in darujhistan, you might just blow up one day from a gas leak or something.(or a cusser)

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users