Malazan Empire: If you could live in the Malazan world... - Malazan Empire

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

If you could live in the Malazan world...

#81 User is offline   Sinisdar Toste 

• Dead Serious
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 18 May 2008 - 01:08 AM

bhok said:

the whole point of tooths nameing ceremonies is that you don't pick your own name, you get stuck with the one he gives you regardless of his accuracy.

toothys accuracy is damn near flawless from what i can see. how many times has limp hurt his leg? and whenever hellian decides to *ahem* corrupt skulldeath she's liable to get her head blown off, smiles? you better watch out for em, and then theres tarr. bottle i dont get but w.e, ther not all obvious
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

- Oscar Levant

#82 User is offline   vrai 

• Corporal

Posted 18 May 2008 - 01:35 AM

K'rul bar, opening night, listening to the Chain of Dogs story.

And staying there as long as possible.

#83 User is offline   Ain't_It_Just_ 

• The Recidivist
  • Group: LHTEC
  • Interests:Dungeons and Dragons, and the odd caramel slice.
  • The AIJman cometh

Posted 18 May 2008 - 03:05 AM

With Corabb, on a trip to Vegas. Rofl... remember in RG when he fired the crossbow at that Atri-Preda inside Letheras? He could have probably aimed straight up and still hit the target.

#84 User is offline   bhok'arala 

• Genuflector, High House Shadow

Posted 18 May 2008 - 03:09 AM

you know what happens when tar is heated up? it gets all sticky and bubbly and smelly. can that happen to a person? Tooth is pretty accurate but his view is very objective, he doesn't actually know you. if you pick your own name not only do you not have his accuracy but you're left with a subjective view which leaves you with what you think you're like in your mind not how others see you.

why? planning on getting in trouble? tell you what, stay as long as you like but you've gotta pass out on the local stuff that tastes like rat's piss first. and a note to the wise: ignore those shadowy figures that keep glancin' your way.
unless yuo've hired one of those bodyguards

to vegas?!! planinng to use those crossbow skills on a game of craps? just make sure he keeps his clubs and flails at home.
key word probably. his shot was lucky but so was that whole battle. Gesler falling down and tripping the edur? very conincidental. and i use the word coincidental very strongly.

given fid's luck! HOODS BALLS!!! Look what happened to those around him! Trotts! Hedge! The whole shebang at the Domin's palace. look at toc! he lsot an eye at pale following around the bridgeburners! the only luck fids got is is talent for the violin and the fact he didnt get buried with the rest of the bridgburners!

#85 User is offline   Optimus Prime 

• Daylight Oblivion
  • Interests:Ranting and Raving. Being the biggest Liberal on this forum. Arguing with Cold Iron (and winning). Writing (struggling right now), reading, Georgia Bulldog FOOTBALL!<br /><br />And the lades, of course, always the ladies ;)

Posted 18 May 2008 - 04:35 AM

After reading the RotCG first chapter, I'll change my vote to be an Avowed.....just pure awesome.

#86 User is offline   Dancer+ 

• A Driven Individual
  • Group: Team Handsome

Posted 18 May 2008 - 09:59 AM

You'd be in sharp contrast to myself, I'm a Malazan all the way. Anybody close to Dancer, Tayschrenn or Dassem Ultor (in the day); they were all superlative.

The Sword was great, they were the lightning rod of the battle and they would come across to support units in trouble.

#87 User is offline   bhok'arala 

Posted 18 May 2008 - 06:49 PM

QUIT CHANGING YOUR ANSWERS! damn cheaters, all of ya.

remember, tho to stay alive doesn't mean get next to dancer, you still have to hold your own, hes not gonna save you. And if you don't have those crazy sword skills lets jsut hope youve got skills with a crossbow like corrab or crazy enough to through a cusser near those guys.

the sword was great? first sword? Dassem's actual sword? a metaphor?
lightning rod? trying to get everyone dead?!! how about a standard of courage?

#88 User is offline   Dancer+ 

• A Driven Individual

Posted 18 May 2008 - 07:03 PM

His elite bodyguard unit, the Sword.
The Lightning Rod is the actual metaphor used in NoK, it works. They attract the deadly fire of the enemy.

(I haven't changed my answer :D)
I'd want to be good, I have the will power. If I wasn't good then there would be no use for me to guard Tay, Dassem or accompany Dancer; I'd die pretty quickly.

#89 User is offline   Optimus Prime 

• Daylight Oblivion
  • Interests:Ranting and Raving. Being the biggest Liberal on this forum. Arguing with Cold Iron (and winning). Writing (struggling right now), reading, Georgia Bulldog FOOTBALL!<br /><br />And the lades, of course, always the ladies ;)

Posted 18 May 2008 - 07:08 PM

Of course Dancer, were I an Avowed, I'd get to cross blades with you :D

And you, alas, would perish when I sliced you to kitten bits :D

#90 User is offline   Dancer+ 

• A Driven Individual

Posted 18 May 2008 - 07:13 PM

Kitten, you are thinking of the wrong opponent. I am akin to the First Hero Trake. I'd easily beat you and your Avowed scum, or get someone else to do it for me.

#91 User is offline   Optimus Prime 

• Daylight Oblivion

Posted 18 May 2008 - 08:00 PM

Dancer;310772 said:

Kitten, you are thinking of the wrong opponent. I am akin to the First Hero Trake. I'd easily beat you and your Avowed scum, or get someone else to do it for me.

All I got out of that is "Meow" *lick paw* "Meow" :D

I don't think there is a boring place to live in this world, which is why it is the greatest place ever :D

#92 User is offline   bhok'arala 

Posted 18 May 2008 - 08:40 PM

that get someone ot do it for you might work...anyone know Icarium's number?

as a lightning rod, do they want the enemy forces atracted to them because the sword can kill them really easily? remember what happended to the sheild anvil (mortal sword?) brukhalian (right guy?) in capustan? he slashed his way through hundreds of thousands of the domin's army but he still died in the end.

thanks for not changing your mind. you don't want to be at war with your inner thoughts now do you?

be careful what you say about being akin to trake. technically, everyone in the pantheon is related jsut not by blood. (akin means blood however) im sure Fener would have said the same thing before he was shorn from the Pantheon

don't underestimate the power of boredom. it is something that only humans can accomplish. while other creatures spend every minute fighting for survival, in our boredom, we explore ourselves and learn what _____ (replace with noun) actually means. think about this the next time you get bored, you'll most likely be thinking about the past, present or future about yourself.
reminds me of my tarot deck. its based off of cats and the peoples of the outer regions. who here thinks SE should make a deck of dragons available for the public? or would taht jsut put the wrong faces to our mind's characters?

@ your signature, xander: at the end, in italics put: or a well placed drum

#93 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 18 May 2008 - 08:51 PM

I might go for the janitor's job in the QoD nunnery. Mwahaha.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#94 User is offline   bhok'arala 

Posted 18 May 2008 - 08:55 PM

I TAKE IT BACK. THER CAN BE BORING.

a jannitor?!! imagine the cleaning! its not jsut throw-up and spilt milk anymore! its dessicated body parts! lingering bowels! not to mention other unmentionables those nuns might be leaving behind

I SEE WHAT YOU'RE TRYING TO PULL, DANCER!
you're not changing your answer, just restating it! Im watching you... *watches dancer*

[edit] i forgot to reply to that part about you having the will to be good, dancer: will's not gonna get you anywhere without a weapon. remember that, and don't throw your weapon unless you have another handy.

#95 User is offline   Dancer+ 

• A Driven Individual

Posted 18 May 2008 - 09:10 PM

Ah, the joys of watching Dancer. I hope you agree, handsome to the eyes *smirks*. Half of this stuff on this site involves repeating what you've said before, and then vowing temporary vengeance against Xander. It's what I do for fun to break the monotone; he and I are alike to Osserc and Anomander.
Bhok'arala, become an Avowed killer. Become who you were born to be!

#96 User is offline   Andy_is 

• Recruit

Posted 18 May 2008 - 09:13 PM

in a certain shack at a certain beach helping to build a strange and wonderfully big creature with a certain kickass napan

#97 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 18 May 2008 - 09:30 PM

Hey, it may be boring, but it's safe. And full of lonely nymphomaniacs.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#98 User is offline   Sparkimus 

• afternoon delight

Posted 18 May 2008 - 09:34 PM

Xander;310506 said:

After reading the RotCG first chapter, I'll change my vote to be an Avowed.....just pure awesome.

word.

QUOTE (Stalker @ Jan 23 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So last night I was walking downtown for some pizza at like 1am with some friends of mine,
and someone said, "I'm so hungry I could eat a whole pizza."

I said, "I bet I could eat 100 pizzas," and no one understood me. I was sad.

#99 User is offline   bhok'arala 

Posted 19 May 2008 - 01:53 AM

Wow! an invitation! yay! i shall make a vow: i vow against all idiots and the Mafia social group using higher morals and morales! and xander.

u couldn't have been any more vague could you? you leave no room for the imagination. i despise those like you. and xander (wow, my first vowed put down! im so happy!)

who wants to live in a safe world? the whole point of living in Malaz is cause its exciting and not here!
don't try using any more big words on me cause i, Bhok'arala is the quintessence of vicissitude in all examples of surfeit cloyness! excessively, of course.

YOU SIDE WITH THE MIND-CHANGER! i vow against you too. (you fall under the idiots category if you were asking) You didn't even post! you used some west side slang! racist! Mendax! tu omnes caudexi! omnibus tu! emmiserit feces tubi! (forgot the conjunction and declention on that last one so no telling me i said it wrong cause you still get the idea!)

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users