• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

seguleh first?

#181 User is offline   Vaddon Ra 

• Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 14 July 2011 - 08:46 AM

View PostPennyapt, on 29 April 2008 - 09:22 AM, said:

Why would you think the First was dead? We've only ever heard of him issuing orders from the Seguleh Island. He's only ever actually mentioned in MoI I believe.

We don't understand how the hierarchy of the Seguleh warriors work. First of all we don't know if Hoods Soldier actually is the second. We don't know if the Seguleh Second if that is what the Soldier is, loses his tittle if he is dead. Can undead not hold a position? If the Soldier was in fact killed in Combat while he was the Second, then his killer is the Second.

Mok only advances in the hierachy if he kills the Second or the First. After all, Rake has been the seventh for probably hundreds or thousands of years, and his place has not been usurped.

The seguleh second is the Soldier of Death :p although he is dead, he retains his mask and is somewhat excentric :p I dont think he was killed fairly which may explain his need to kill SKIIINNEEEERRRR!!!!! :D I hope we see that duel hehe. Mok is the third until he defeats the second or first :p the second is still around so can still claim to be the second. One of the Best characters in the series too I think :p I hope ICE has the second vs Skinner in his Daru novel :p and I hope in Daru we will see Mok again, as Lady Envy was in Daru with Therule...so it makes sense that they are still all there :p ICE had better put them in...or I shalt be unamused.

#182 User is offline   Seatiger 

• Soletaken

Posted 14 July 2011 - 10:36 PM

Few minor questions I think fit here good enoup..

1st Did one of the 3 Seguleh Die at the end of book 3? (thinking Senu died)

2nd question if skinner beat the Seguleh 2nd shouldnt skinner take his rank ? like Rake is ranked 7-8th because he beat them to that point and Iron bars got put into the names of the Akatti (not sure spelling) top 1k for beating that chick..

3rd there was someone in a white mask mentioned in RG who was that ?
Take me as a knife and I will turn in your hand. I swear it.

#183 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 14 July 2011 - 11:04 PM

1 - don't remember
2 - nobody knows what happened between those two, it's not even confirmed they fought or dueled. Skinner just made S2 mad somehow.
3 - there's a female Seguleh in the gladiator pen along with Karsa et al, if that's who you mean. Her escape through a side passage facilitates the BH's entry into the city by the same door.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#184 User is offline   Seatiger 

• Soletaken

Posted 14 July 2011 - 11:26 PM

No I think its when 1 of the kids escaped from the 2 Kell hunters? on the farm the little girl goes wild or something and a white masked person crosses her path..

#185 User is offline   Sinisdar Toste 

• Dead Serious
  • View gallery

Posted 15 July 2011 - 03:55 AM

View PostSeatiger, on 14 July 2011 - 11:26 PM, said:

No I think its when 1 of the kids escaped from the 2 Kell hunters? on the farm the little girl goes wild or something and a white masked person crosses her path..

ahh but that's not a mask. that's war paint. that was a white-face barghast and i absolutely loved learning how the barghast came to be and why they wear the skull face paint. just fyi.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

- Oscar Levant

#186 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 15 July 2011 - 04:27 AM

Ah yes, ST is absolutely correct. The Barghast acting in the background throughout the book is some of the sweetest hint-planting SE ever does, IMO. Such a satisfying reveal the first time through, and pretty wink-wink awesome on a re-read.

#187 User is offline   Seatiger 

• Soletaken

Posted 15 July 2011 - 09:36 PM

Shoot I didnt even link the white face to that part I just assumed it was a Seguleh and when nothing was mentioned about a Seguleh again I put it in the back of my head.

I really cant wait till im done the series to re-read I bet there lots of hidden stuff you dont pick up on first read threw

#188 User is offline   JohnO 

• Corporal

Posted 16 July 2011 - 05:19 PM

Just a thought but what came first, being Seguleh second or dieing. Logically it has to be undeath, since the alternative means someone else is second. Unless of course he was second, got killed and became undead, then killed his killer. That works too.

#189 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 16 July 2011 - 07:32 PM

He's a Second who died in a way other than mutual combat, and so was never bested.

#190 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 17 July 2011 - 10:19 PM

Where does it say that? Is it reliable or like is 'pivoting stick kin' speech he does in BH?

#191 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 17 July 2011 - 10:42 PM

I don't think it says that, that's just my take on what he is. I'm basing it on the notion that he was undead long before his little fallout with Skinner. And I base that on the fact that it's much more likely he's been undead a long time than it is that he had a magically sustained life while alive and only died after meeting Skinner, which would have only been within the past century. Also, it's most likely he developed a sense of humor post-life, and it's clear his hunt for Skinner is "fun" for him more than it is traditional Seguleh honor/duty, which he is clearly over and done with.

#192 User is offline   IgnatiusKruppe 

• Lieutenant

Posted 03 October 2011 - 03:45 PM

I always thought Skinner was the Seguleh first, which was why the Second was always looking for him

And the first time Kyle sees Skinner in RotCG he thinks he's seeing a Jhag... which never really lead anywhere so i guess he was wrong
and just imagined it

This post has been edited by IgnatiusKruppe: 03 October 2011 - 03:47 PM

#193 User is offline   IgnatiusKruppe 

• Lieutenant

Posted 03 October 2011 - 03:58 PM

"" i dont think the sword was ever meant for Karsa, the CG just tried to play it off once he killed Rhulald "

Well we have to keep in mind that the sword was intended for Hannag Mosag (maybe not to actually hold himself) and not Rhulad..I'm guessing that Mosag
wanted Scabarandi to have the sword, but i'm usually wrong when i start making wild guesses.

The CG desperately wanted Karsa and was operating under the conceit that Karsa would be under his control if he had the sword. No way did he want crazy ass
Rhulad to hold it.

I didn't think it was dumb that Rhulad would eventually kill anyone despite having little to no natural skill of his own. Who would actually want to spend the time
to just kill him over and over again if it wasn't for the 'challenges'? If it wasn't for the framework of the challenges somebody would have eventually pulled some
variation on a Brys Beddict and incapacitate him in some way to take him out of the game.

I'm just curious how in all those deaths Rhulad never once got his sword arm lopped off before dying. I wonder what would have happened then?

#194 User is offline   Brujah 

• Suicide of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:21 PM

View PostDolmen+, on 18 May 2008 - 11:10 AM, said:

<!--QuoteBegin-Aptorian;310605+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Aptorian;310605)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->The Second isn't a part of the Seguleh society, he most likely died thousands of years ago, he hasn't been anywhere near Darujistan or Seguleh Island since. So Hood isn't using him to get a foothold in the sehuleh society.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Well that isn't a certainty. As stated before there is a very real possibility the position of second still belongs to one who has died and has broken away from the social structure of the seguleh. after all anomander doen't even care and he has held the position of seventh for ages. I like the idea that you can jump over this position explaining Mok (a mortal) as the third. but can't jump the position off second due to special laws making the rise of Mok to first imposible until he locates the second...

Possible ?
Maybe the Seg 2nd is now the 2nd because he WAS THE 1ST when he was defeated.(by skinner)
Combine that with a hatred for skinner then maybe skinner is the 1st.
But you'd have to add some type of treachery involved on skinners part, because the former first, now second, wouldn't be after him. He would have had to just accept he was defeated.
This is purely theory. I've only read up thru TtH and RotCg. Gonna start Sw then DoD then CG.
Where does Orb Scepter Throne come in. After CG?

This post has been edited by Brujah: 14 April 2012 - 10:36 PM

And when you're Gone, you stay Gone, or you be Gone. You lost all your Seven Cities privileges. - Karsa

you're such an inspiration for the ways that I will never, ever choose to be...
- Maynard James Keenan

#195 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:04 AM

Chronologically after TTH and parallel (somewhat) with DoD, but publishing order is perhaps best.

This post has been edited by worrywort: 15 April 2012 - 12:05 AM

Share this topic:

• 10 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users