• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Doctor Who is back!!

#61 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 11 May 2008 - 06:16 PM

Binder of Demons;306193 said:

What's funny about that episode is that the actress playing the part of Jenny is actually the daughter of a former Time Lord (Peter Davison : the fifth doctor).

Also, she auditioned for Rose, but only got turned down because they thought a big name like Billie Piper would attract more interest;)
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#62 User is offline   Thelomen Toblerone 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Team Handsome

Posted 11 May 2008 - 06:47 PM

Well, both of them certainly arouse my interest, I'll give you that. :heyhey:

...I'm sorry it had to be said. I shall accept your slaps now. :D

#63 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 12 May 2008 - 01:59 AM

The Dark Wanderer;306145 said:

To be ridiculously picky, the show was restarted with the premise that the Doctor thought he was the last of the Time Lords.

Also, anyone else want to complain that when Jennie re-generated she didn't change physical forms? Or am I being slightly sad now?

She didn't regenerate. The stuff she expelled from her mouth was a bit of the terraforming dust, which rejuvenated her from death. HAD she regenerated for real it likely would have been like when the Doctor does it. Or at least that's the word over at the Outpost Gallifrey forums.

At any rate, I loved Jenny. She was sassy, sexy, and Steven Moffat rescued her from death, as in the earlier script, Russel T Davies had her stay dead....and Moffatt wanted to bring her back. Good for him. I was sick of the good guys always biting it. It's nice that they win for once.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#64 User is offline   Sir Thursday 

• House Knight
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 12 May 2008 - 02:17 AM

QuickTidal;306375 said:

She didn't regenerate. The stuff she expelled from her mouth was a bit of the terraforming dust, which rejuvenated her from death. HAD she regenerated for real it likely would have been like when the Doctor does it. Or at least that's the word over at the Outpost Gallifrey forums.

At any rate, I loved Jenny. She was sassy, sexy, and Steven Moffat rescued her from death, as in the earlier script, Russel T Davies had her stay dead....and Moffatt wanted to bring her back. Good for him. I was sick of the good guys always biting it. It's nice that they win for once.

That makes sense - it did feel a little like her revival was tacked on at the end somewhat. Like you I like the fact that she was kept alive - I love it when shows give awesome characters the potential to be recurring as opposed to one-offs, it adds depth to the story and makes the show feel like more than just a collection of independent stories.

Sir Thursday
Don't look now, but I think there's something weird attached to the bottom of my posts.

#65 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 12 May 2008 - 02:56 AM

Sir Thursday;306386 said:

That makes sense - it did feel a little like her revival was tacked on at the end somewhat. Like you I like the fact that she was kept alive - I love it when shows give awesome characters the potential to be recurring as opposed to one-offs, it adds depth to the story and makes the show feel like more than just a collection of independent stories.

Sir Thursday

Yeah, and part of me would have felt let down had they created this great idea and dynamic for then Doctor to have this tie to family cruising around the universe on her own, only to have her die. Yeah, it was a nice little addition.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#66 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 12 May 2008 - 02:57 AM

Why would the terraforming dust regenerate her?:confused:
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#67 User is offline   Binder of Demons 

• Lord of Light
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • - Thread Killer -

Posted 12 May 2008 - 03:54 AM

I haven't seen the episode itself, but maybe the dust could work like those nano-thingamijigs in "The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances" episode.

They did some spectacular work so at least they've already established something like that is possible on this series??

Does that make sense?

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt - Mark Twain

Never argue with an idiot!
They'll drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!
- Anonymous

#68 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 12 May 2008 - 11:03 AM

caladanbrood;306416 said:

Why wouldn't it? You ever seen terraforming dust?

#69 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 12 May 2008 - 04:01 PM

caladanbrood;306416 said:

-ahem-

Star Trek 3 anyone?
meh. Link was dead :(

#70 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 12 May 2008 - 10:20 PM

Apparently... the latest popular theory floating around is that she was alive for less than 23 hours at that point, therefore, being an almost-Time Lord, she regenerated again automatically anyway, which also explains why her appearence didn't change - the same way the Doctor grew his hand back after it was chopped off in The Christmas Invasion

#71 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 12 May 2008 - 10:56 PM

caladanbrood;306967 said:

Apparently... the latest popular theory floating around is that she was alive for less than 23 hours at that point, therefore, being an almost-Time Lord, she regenerated again automatically anyway, which also explains why her appearence didn't change - the same way the Doctor grew his hand back after it was chopped off in The Christmas Invasion

Ah. Good theory. I like it.

#72 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 15 May 2008 - 12:41 AM

In all seriousness though. Georgia Moffett: Hotter than the surface of the sun. Hot damn!

Posted Image

#73 User is offline   Thelomen Toblerone 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Team Handsome

Posted 15 May 2008 - 12:43 AM

And that's not even a particularly flattering picture.:D

#74 User is offline   RodeoRanch 

• The Midnight Special
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 15 May 2008 - 12:52 AM

Decent episode. Very reminiscent of 4th Doctor adventures.

I smell spin-off series with Doctor's hot daughter.

#75 User is offline   Sir Thursday 

• House Knight

Posted 15 May 2008 - 01:12 AM

Posted Image

Better picture :D.

Sir Thursday
Don't look now, but I think there's something weird attached to the bottom of my posts.

#76 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 15 May 2008 - 02:19 AM

Sir Thursday;308721 said:

Posted Image

Better picture :D.

Sir Thursday

Oh I could have used that one, but I was trying to find a non-Doctor pic to represent her, but she's not done much else.

that said, it IS a better pic.

Oh, and we don't need a REASON to post pics of her. Any picture of her is hotness.

#77 User is offline   Sir Thursday 

• House Knight

Posted 15 May 2008 - 02:43 AM

How about this one then?

Posted Image

Sir Thursday

#78 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 15 May 2008 - 03:34 AM

Sir Thursday;308743 said:

How about this one then?

Posted Image

Sir Thursday

Nicely chosen! Very hot indeed.

#79 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 18 May 2008 - 05:20 AM

Agatha Christie, best selling novellist in universal history :lachen70: Lovely touch at the end.

I really liked the logistics of this episode - how they fitted things together in a completely ridiculous Poirot manner, but still made it make sense. It's starting to turn into a proper series of Doctor Who now, after a shaky start. Starting with the Sontaran episodes, they've been very good.

I do quite like the look of next week's, too. The teaser reminds me a bit of Blink, which is one of my favourite New Doctor episodes.

#80 User is offline   The Dark Wanderer 

• Captain
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 18 May 2008 - 11:18 AM

Enjoyed this week's episode, very light hearted after a couple of slightly darker episodes and what looks like a couple of very dark episodes to come. Unfortunately, next week has no Doctor Who (damn Eurovision), but it will return the week after and the trailer looked very very good. I'm pretty sure it's a two-parter written by the same person who wrote Blink and possibly the WW2 stories from way back in series one.

Share this topic:

• 8 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users