Malazan Empire: Who would SE be as Malazan character? - Malazan Empire

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Who would SE be as Malazan character?

#21 User is offline   Ain't_It_Just_ 

• The Recidivist
  • Group: LHTEC
  • Interests:Dungeons and Dragons, and the odd caramel slice.
  • The AIJman cometh

Posted 18 March 2008 - 10:47 AM

Dolorous Menhir;276450 said:

Duiker?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I bet he's probably a mix of characters. That's what some do, as well as putting the personalities of close friends into characters. :D

Hmmm.... i wonder if he based Karsa on a friend?

SE: good morning Robert. What a beautiful day. Where are you going? To the pub? I like that place myself-

Robert: Too many words.

:) :D :p

#22 User is offline   Quick~ 

• Fist
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 18 March 2008 - 11:20 AM

The Errant

push, pull, prod, poke and poignant moments aplenty

#23 User is offline   Lisheo 

• Difference Engineer
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:All of the things.

Posted 18 March 2008 - 11:21 AM

No, definatly not lol... SE is cule, the Errant is not :)
“People have wanted to narrate since first we banged rocks together & wondered about fire. There’ll be tellings as long as there are any of us here, until the stars disappear one by one like turned-out lights.”
- China Mieville

#24 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 18 March 2008 - 02:32 PM

He's one of the Crusts. Possibly a mix of the two. In some strange fictional blender.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#25 User is offline   GardenGnome 

• Emperor
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 18 March 2008 - 05:05 PM

Sinisdar Toste;276438 said:

isnt bauchelain and korbal broach based on SE and some guy named patch or something?

At least in the painting he published of those two, it's clear that it's actually SE and Kallor/Patch :) So yeah, I've struck with that idea. Somehow, Kallor as a eunuch necromancer seems to fit :D Damn tease that he is...

#26 User is offline   Rat Mentor 

• Captain

Posted 18 March 2008 - 05:23 PM

If he was a character it would have to be from the first book so....

I'll go for Crokus / Cutter....

#27 User is offline   GardenGnome 

• Emperor

Posted 18 March 2008 - 05:24 PM

I somehow can't imagine SE as quite that annoying and emo...

#28 User is offline   Adjutant Stormy~ 

• Captain, Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 18 March 2008 - 07:35 PM

emos hide in the most unlikely places. But I shall not so blaspheme.
<!--quoteo(post=462161:date=Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM:name=Aptorian)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Aptorian @ Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=462161"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God damn. Mighty drunk. Must ... what is the english movement movement movement for drunk... with out you seemimg drunk?

bla bla bla

Peopleare harrasing me... grrrrrh.

Also people with big noses aren't jews, they're just french

EDIT: We has editted so mucj that5 we're not quite sure... also, leave britney alone.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#29 User is offline   Urb 

• Emperor
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 18 March 2008 - 07:37 PM

'Mancy the luckless' :)
aka Emancipor Reese
The leader, his audience still,
considered their scholarly will.
He lowered his head
and with anguish he said,
"But how will we teach them to kill?"

-some poet on reddit

#30 User is offline   Rich the Great 

• First Sword

Posted 18 March 2008 - 07:56 PM

Illuyankas;276711 said:

He's one of the Crusts. Possibly a mix of the two. In some strange fictional blender.

I believe this subject was broached with Mal at the last BBQ, and we came up with Bugg.

#31 User is offline   Adjutant Stormy~ 

• Captain, Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 18 March 2008 - 08:22 PM

that's a good one. Bugg's another one of those characters with sound moral fibre, and just a bit of embittered-jaded objectiveness.
<!--quoteo(post=462161:date=Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM:name=Aptorian)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Aptorian @ Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=462161"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God damn. Mighty drunk. Must ... what is the english movement movement movement for drunk... with out you seemimg drunk?

bla bla bla

Peopleare harrasing me... grrrrrh.

Also people with big noses aren't jews, they're just french

EDIT: We has editted so mucj that5 we're not quite sure... also, leave britney alone.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#32 User is offline   q21 

• Condemned of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Reading, Steven Erikson (duh...), Arsenal, Football, Warhammer 40K, Drums

Posted 18 March 2008 - 09:25 PM

Because no one has mentioned him yet... Tayschrenn? Powerful, intelligent character who is very rarely directly involved in the story... apart from the first book.

I only mention him as people have already mentioned my favourites: Quick Ben, Gothos, Fiddler.
Flying Monkeys definitely win.

#33 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 18 March 2008 - 09:29 PM

@Rich: Was this in the Q&A? Weren't you unconscious by then?
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#34 User is offline   Sparkimus 

• afternoon delight

Posted 19 March 2008 - 06:08 AM

I'd go with Fiddler or Dukier.

QUOTE (Stalker @ Jan 23 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So last night I was walking downtown for some pizza at like 1am with some friends of mine,
and someone said, "I'm so hungry I could eat a whole pizza."

I said, "I bet I could eat 100 pizzas," and no one understood me. I was sad.

#35 User is offline   Rich the Great 

• First Sword

Posted 19 March 2008 - 12:57 PM

Illuyankas;276922 said:

@Rich: Was this in the Q&A? Weren't you unconscious by then?

I do not remember how I came to this knowledge. Perhaps there was a recap session the following morning to ease my hangover. I remember there being a good 10 questions left the next day though, so the Q&A session can't have lasted too long.

#36 User is offline   Nequam 

• High Fist

Posted 19 March 2008 - 02:34 PM

Hmm yeah, I don't think old Steve reflects himself through one character. But more likely different aspects of himself through many.

But if I were to pick one, I'd say...umm, Duiker. No, no wait, Kruppe. Wait! Uh, gee I don't know. I'm just not going to pick one.
..So I don't think he is any of characters, just parts of him, I guess. :D

#37 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 19 March 2008 - 03:08 PM

Rich the Great;277214 said:

I do not remember how I came to this knowledge. Perhaps there was a recap session the following morning to ease my hangover. I remember there being a good 10 questions left the next day though, so the Q&A session can't have lasted too long.

It did get to the point where all the questions we could think of we either didn't want to know, they couldn't tell us or we forgot about them. I'm glad about the fact everyone forgot about OUR ADVANCE KNOWLEDGE OF TOLL THE HOUNDS, though, it'd be pretty uncomfortable posting while gloating like a certain Tiste.

#38 User is offline   Fiddlers Drum 

• Corporal

Posted 21 March 2008 - 09:18 PM

ShadowThrone

#39 User is offline   Sir Bob 

• High Fist
  • Interests:I am a sponge and I soak up everyone else's interests. I am however partial to socks.

And sarcasm.
  • @DolefulDoug

Posted 22 March 2008 - 01:04 AM

whovever he wants to be!!!!!!

or maybe the dude who karsa met that was bilding the skelingtons(thats how you spell it honest) cant remeber his name.
cause you know steve is a archaeologist and all that.
maybe
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain(wrong series, ed)

pullupapew.wordpress.com

*hugs*

#40 User is offline   Venerus 

• High Fist

Posted 28 March 2008 - 03:29 PM

For my two cents, he's Laseen.

-So much of what she does is obscure and weird and "wtf" and many of us think it's stupid until a little piece of information comes along much later and, in hindsight, it's obvious that she's been a master schemer and tactician all along, and then some of us (me) feel stupid for not having figured out how brilliant it was from the start.

-She's moving around big "plot" events, putting characters in place and letting them do their thing, setting up grand-scale conflicts. That's almost verbatim how SE describes his writing; he sets up the situation and then lets the characters do the talking/fill in the minutiae.

-I crave more Laseen just as I crave more SE.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users