• You cannot reply to this topic

Toll the Hounds Discussion Thread

#641 User is offline   Skywalker 

• Mortal LightSaber
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Pedant.

Posted 28 February 2008 - 04:06 PM

Nequam;264938 said:

This was most likely covered somehwere but I'm too lazy to read through 40+ pages and my searchs were too broad and I'm kinda in hurry now anyway...

So are the events in Toll the Hounds going to pick up right after we left Genabackis last time? Like how DG and MoI basically happened at the same time. Y'know what I mean right?
Or is everything taking place after Reaper's Gale?

I believe the events of TtH (the main, non-prologue events) will kick off sometime during RG (the Bonehunters' invasion of Lether) and will then go past the RG timeline. I think SE had confirmed in some interview that there is significant time lapse between the end of MOI and the start of TtH.
Forum Member from the Old Days. Alive, but mostly inactive/ occasionally lurking

#642 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 28 February 2008 - 04:19 PM

Hetan;265238 said:

my home phone/internet line is still very dead :p bloody pikies ran off with (or pulled out) 600m cabling and screwed the entire bt network where I live.

It's that new Afghan heroin, I tell you.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#643 User is offline   Nequam 

• High Fist

Posted 28 February 2008 - 05:24 PM

Skywalker;265334 said:

I believe the events of TtH (the main, non-prologue events) will kick off sometime during RG (the Bonehunters' invasion of Lether) and will then go past the RG timeline. I think SE had confirmed in some interview that there is significant time lapse between the end of MOI and the start of TtH.

Cool. Thank you.

Oh and thanks to everyone else who answered too! :p It's just that this was what I was specifically wondering. If it happened right after MoI.

#644 User is offline   Optimus Prime 

• Daylight Oblivion
  • Interests:Ranting and Raving. Being the biggest Liberal on this forum. Arguing with Cold Iron (and winning). Writing (struggling right now), reading, Georgia Bulldog FOOTBALL!<br /><br />And the lades, of course, always the ladies ;)

Posted 28 February 2008 - 05:47 PM

Hetan;265238 said:

Just to clarify things -

I will create a new forum for Toll the Hounds when the prologue is available for posting - so no-one will have to wade through pages to find it. It will be a stickied and closed thread. Anyone wanting to post speculation can do so in a seperate thread.

@blackzoid - I have had no further word from ICE on the prologue of RotCG so that does not bode well. I will talk to the publishers again, once we've got our hands on Toll prologue.

my home phone/internet line is still very dead :p bloody pikies ran off with (or pulled out) 600m cabling and screwed the entire bt network where I live.

Alright, where do you live? I'm coming that way with many types of weapons and a desire to kill pikies....

Thanks for the updates Hetan :p

#645 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 28 February 2008 - 06:56 PM

What's a pikie?

- Abyss, has caught and gutted pike if that helps...
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#646 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • very good...;)

Posted 28 February 2008 - 07:03 PM

I do believe that it is english slang for gypsies? You know the kind that Brad Pitt was in Snatch....:p

-Vengeance glances around hopefully.....Then beems....:hand:
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#647 User is offline   Bhurnae 

• Close to the hedge.........
  • Group: LHTEC
  • Interests:all the usual stereotypical male ones

Posted 29 February 2008 - 11:54 AM

Vengeance;265476 said:

I do believe that it is english slang for gypsies? You know the kind that Brad Pitt was in Snatch....:p

-Vengeance glances around hopefully.....Then beems....:hand:

Tis indeed...................

View PostMezla PigDog, on 28 September 2009 - 09:34 PM, said:

I have been entertaining tourists for many years now.... A girls gotta make a living.

#648 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 29 February 2008 - 04:45 PM

Oh, okay, i was thinking it was a pixie with a pike jammed up its HEY LOOK THE PROLOGUE'S HERE!!!!!!!!

- Abyss, ...what? :p
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#649 User is offline   crokus younghand 

• Recruit

Posted 06 March 2008 - 08:05 AM

i live in B.C Canada and its march 6th 2008 does anyone know when i can expect a release date for toll the hounds

#650 User is offline   brettskib 

• Recruit

Posted 08 March 2008 - 08:29 AM

its been alog journet the tite andi are defeated now we go back to Genbakis I wonder what lies ahead , Another day another drawn sword what of Sister Spite and the rest , Rake I gather is in troble , will the empire challenge him or the crippled god we shal see ,I suspect the elder gods will come out and play , and of course what is Felsin up to has she been entirely corupted and will asalar return or is tat to easy a guess i think not , But Shadowthrone and the Rope are now on shaky ground yes they have mapped the Azar houses but will they be drawn into the fight I think so I also sense a parting of the ways and will the Priest of shadow make a reappreance I hope so he is one of the best chracters and just what or who is his donkey hmm we shall have to wait and see

#651 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit

Posted 08 March 2008 - 04:27 PM

brettskib;271070 said:

its been alog journet the tite andi are defeated now we go back to Genbakis I wonder what lies ahead , Another day another drawn sword what of Sister Spite and the rest , Rake I gather is in troble , will the empire challenge him or the crippled god we shal see ,I suspect the elder gods will come out and play , and of course what is Felsin up to has she been entirely corupted and will asalar return or is tat to easy a guess i think not , But Shadowthrone and the Rope are now on shaky ground yes they have mapped the Azar houses but will they be drawn into the fight I think so I also sense a parting of the ways and will the Priest of shadow make a reappreance I hope so he is one of the best chracters and just what or who is his donkey hmm we shall have to wait and see

"Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

When you wrote "tite andi", you meant that the Tiste Edur were defeated.

K'Rul physically manifested an avatar back in Memories of Ice, the third book, Draconus has been intermittently pushing Paran and Nightchill is inside Silverfox. The Elder Gods have been involved for a while now.

Shadowthrone and Cotillion have been in the fight since the beginning. Cotillion was at the chaining and the Malazan Empire has known about the Crippled God since before Dujek went outlaw. Their position isn't that secure, but it is firmer than it looks and their relationship with Hood, possibly the most powerful regular god, has only been getting better.

The rest of your post is proper speculation and I hope we get answers to your questions.

#652 User is offline   Lisheo 

• Difference Engineer
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:All of the things.

Posted 08 March 2008 - 05:56 PM

I reckon, actually, Hood is the SECOND most powerful regular God, cus lets face it, Drek seems insanely powerful, if Her cull was anything to go by...
She doesnt need worshippers, obviously.
Hood needs souls.
Its like rock paper scissors, except Jaghut God of Death, Big Eating Worm-Maggot-Thing and em, something else. A stone or something. One of Quick's pet rocks.

Lisheo, just rocks.
“People have wanted to narrate since first we banged rocks together & wondered about fire. There’ll be tellings as long as there are any of us here, until the stars disappear one by one like turned-out lights.”
- China Mieville

#653 User is offline   Ain't_It_Just_ 

• The Recidivist
  • Interests:Dungeons and Dragons, and the odd caramel slice.
  • The AIJman cometh

Posted 09 March 2008 - 07:26 AM

[QUOTE=amphibian;271175]"Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."
QUOTE]

Lol, I remember that.

Do you suppose we might see Pannion? Or did he and his sister go into Omtose Phellack or something?....

And I think someone said this, but Hood was a mortal that ascended. Now THAT is very interesting....

#654 User is offline   Lisheo 

• Difference Engineer

Posted 09 March 2008 - 11:21 AM

Are you sure Hood was an ascendant mortal? Cus that whole scene with the Throne of Ice suggested that the King of Ice fled the fall of the Holds by evacuating his body, for want of a better term. And Hood seems Jaghut-like, green skin, tall, a little decayed. Cant imagine a mortal choosing that appearance.
“People have wanted to narrate since first we banged rocks together & wondered about fire. There’ll be tellings as long as there are any of us here, until the stars disappear one by one like turned-out lights.”
- China Mieville

#655 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 09 March 2008 - 07:40 PM

Well... Jaghut are technically, mortals... So Hood could've been both
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#656 User is offline   sphish 

• Corporal

Posted 09 March 2008 - 07:59 PM

crokus younghand;270041 said:

i live in B.C Canada and its march 6th 2008 does anyone know when i can expect a release date for toll the hounds

from the UK, June 30th, 08
in Canada, September 16th, 08

#657 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit

Posted 09 March 2008 - 09:04 PM

Ain said:

Do you suppose we might see Pannion? Or did he and his sister go into Omtose Phellack or something?....

And I think someone said this, but Hood was a mortal that ascended. Now THAT is very interesting....

Pannion and his sister brought Omtose Phellack inside Burn's body, to slow the Crippled God's poison, and are living there under the guidance of some crazy witch aspected to Burn, while Omtose Phellack survives and maybe even recuperates a little bit.

Thus far, every shred of evidence points to Hood being a Jaghut. It hasn't been explicitly confirmed, but pretty much everyone is on-board that particular bandwagon.

#658 User is offline   Ain't_It_Just_ 

• The Recidivist
  • Interests:Dungeons and Dragons, and the odd caramel slice.
  • The AIJman cometh

Posted 10 March 2008 - 09:03 AM

Lisheo;271420 said:

Are you sure Hood was an ascendant mortal? Cus that whole scene with the Throne of Ice suggested that the King of Ice fled the fall of the Holds by evacuating his body, for want of a better term. And Hood seems Jaghut-like, green skin, tall, a little decayed. Cant imagine a mortal choosing that appearance.

AH! But recall Hood's servant in GotM, when Paran has been saved by Oponn! He kept changing his form, from a mangled trell, to a desicated Tiste Andii....

Who's to say that Hood himself can't change form?

#659 User is offline   Lisheo 

• Difference Engineer

Posted 14 March 2008 - 05:52 PM

Im gonna go right out and say GotMism, since its never been mentioned again lol.
And why would a mortal want to change his form to that of a Jaghut?

NOK SPOILER
Spoiler

- China Mieville

#660 User is offline   Venerus 

• High Fist

Posted 14 March 2008 - 07:47 PM

Plus, from Silchas in MT, we know Hood has balls. Only Jaghut have balls, therefore he is a Jaghut, QED.

Share this topic:

• 33 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users