• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Toll the Hounds Discussion Thread

#621 User is offline   Dancer+ 

• A Driven Individual
  • Group: Team Handsome

Posted 27 February 2008 - 03:22 PM

I just want to reassert contrary to popular opinion that the prologue will not be posted in a thread called, Sausages at Dawn. Thanks Flawed for your contribution, and subsequent confusion of half of the forum! *winks*

*begs Flawed to divulge no more secret thread titles*

Of course if a new Toll the Hounds forum category appears it will be left fairly bare apart from discussion about the prologue and the multiple threads that could ensue from the prologue. I actually think it would be a solid plan to install a new forum to house the forum. I think that is the plan anyway.

#622 User is offline   Thelomen Toblerone 

• Ascendant

Posted 27 February 2008 - 03:54 PM

Rabble rabble rabble!

Cheers Hetsy babes! :D

*tries cunning use of nickname to get into the inner circle and read the prologue first*

#623 User is offline   Jorram 

• High Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 27 February 2008 - 04:05 PM

cunningness itself ;p

#624 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 27 February 2008 - 05:44 PM

Brainz?

- Abyss, also sends hetan worship gratitude and rep...
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#625 User is offline   Skywalker 

• Mortal LightSaber
  • Pedant.

Posted 27 February 2008 - 09:14 PM

Whimpering in anticipation...

(Maybe I peed a bit too... not telling!)
Forum Member from the Old Days. Alive, but mostly inactive/ occasionally lurking

#626 User is offline   Nequam 

• High Fist

Posted 28 February 2008 - 02:10 AM

This was most likely covered somehwere but I'm too lazy to read through 40+ pages and my searchs were too broad and I'm kinda in hurry now anyway...

So are the events in Toll the Hounds going to pick up right after we left Genabackis last time? Like how DG and MoI basically happened at the same time. Y'know what I mean right?
Or is everything taking place after Reaper's Gale?

#627 User is offline   Optimus Prime 

• Daylight Oblivion
  • Interests:Ranting and Raving. Being the biggest Liberal on this forum. Arguing with Cold Iron (and winning). Writing (struggling right now), reading, Georgia Bulldog FOOTBALL!<br /><br />And the lades, of course, always the ladies ;)

Posted 28 February 2008 - 03:21 AM

As far as we know, most likely.

The plot seems to center around events in Darujhistan and Black Coral respectively....

#628 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 28 February 2008 - 05:26 AM

the events should be concurrent with RG, i beleieve.
I mean, we expect to see Spite's ship and all of its crew there, meaning they'd have had to get there over the ocean and then down to Darujhistan's whereabouts...
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#629 User is offline   Optimus Prime 

• Daylight Oblivion
  • Interests:Ranting and Raving. Being the biggest Liberal on this forum. Arguing with Cold Iron (and winning). Writing (struggling right now), reading, Georgia Bulldog FOOTBALL!<br /><br />And the lades, of course, always the ladies ;)

Posted 28 February 2008 - 05:33 AM

You should see a lot of the characters from MoI (those still alive...and maybe a few you thought dead :p ).

In addition, you may see the plots of the Genabackis continent begin to tighten with the Lether and other area plots....hopefully :p

#630 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 28 February 2008 - 05:40 AM

lol, well, obviously, we'd see the Darujnistan crew (including the last BB's), Rake, probably Brood
but the there's a ship manned by Andii ghosts with
Cutter
Scillara
Spite
Mappo
Pust
Mule
Barathol
Chaur

on board, also presumably hedaing to Genabackis as of tBH. and if Tavore's fleet had enough time to get through Togg's warren to Quuon tali. fight in the Malaz bay, sail to Lether and topple an empire, I'm assuming that one ship could've gotten from Otataral island to Genabackis...
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#631 User is offline   Optimus Prime 

• Daylight Oblivion

Posted 28 February 2008 - 05:54 AM

Definitely. I'm sure we'll see a host of new players as well. We still don't know what exactly has gone bad in the City of Blue Fire.

#632 User is offline   TOGGS 

• Recruit

Posted 28 February 2008 - 08:23 AM

Excellent,

However I gotta say, after looking over the last few pages I wonder why SE, ICE, Hetan et al bother considering the way some people have acted.
I'm almost (but not really) tempted to say we should not be given the prologue, being a bunch of ungrateful SOBs

Consider how much work SE put into producing this series at such a rate. Christs sake!! I had two younger brothers grow up, learn to read, enter teens and still have to wait for for the last of the Dark Tower books
I'll give it 24 hours before people start calling Hetan names again

TOGGS
Lord of Wolves and Swimwear and once again, lacking faith in humanity

#633 User is offline   Optimus Prime 

• Daylight Oblivion

Posted 28 February 2008 - 08:25 AM

/End Rant

Wow, preach it sister!

There are still a few people with manners around here...

look under the couch cushions.

#634 User is offline   TOGGS 

• Recruit

Posted 28 February 2008 - 08:51 AM

Hehe

Just looked under the couch and found enough to buy the limited edition of RotCG. Is that what they call Karma? Or may just bad financial control/hygeine. ?? Is that right, Hi Gene how are ya?
Anyway, gotta go train some young geos, God help 'em all

TOGGS
Lord of Wolves and Swimwear and currently flush with cash

#635 User is offline   Ain't_It_Just_ 

• The Recidivist
  • Group: LHTEC
  • Interests:Dungeons and Dragons, and the odd caramel slice.
  • The AIJman cometh

Posted 28 February 2008 - 10:07 AM

kud13;265055 said:

lol, well, obviously, we'd see the Darujnistan crew (including the last BB's), Rake, probably Brood
but the there's a ship manned by Andii ghosts with
Cutter
Scillara
Spite
Mappo
Pust
Mule
Barathol
Chaur

on board, also presumably hedaing to Genabackis as of tBH. and if Tavore's fleet had enough time to get through Togg's warren to Quuon tali. fight in the Malaz bay, sail to Lether and topple an empire, I'm assuming that one ship could've gotten from Otataral island to Genabackis...

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I loved the BB's! I soooooo hope we see them again. It's practically guaranteed! Yey! And Duiker, love that old bastard.

And Xander, the weather's gone bad in Darujhistan. Sweltering heat. Sizzling eggs. that sort of thing.

PS: Where do ya suppose Brood has gone? The alliance broke up, so where will he go?

We might see Envy as well, and maybe the Seguleh... coming into contact with their 1st Empire roots.

#636 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 28 February 2008 - 10:13 AM

I believe they gave up northern Genebackis to the Malazan Empire, so Caladan is probably hanging out with Rake in the south.

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 28 February 2008 - 01:30 PM

Just to clarify things -

I will create a new forum for Toll the Hounds when the prologue is available for posting - so no-one will have to wade through pages to find it. It will be a stickied and closed thread. Anyone wanting to post speculation can do so in a seperate thread.

@blackzoid - I have had no further word from ICE on the prologue of RotCG so that does not bode well. I will talk to the publishers again, once we've got our hands on Toll prologue.

my home phone/internet line is still very dead :p bloody pikies ran off with (or pulled out) 600m cabling and screwed the entire bt network where I live.

#638 User is offline   Flawed 

• Flawed
  • Interests:winning the lotto
  • Id like some peace....

Posted 28 February 2008 - 01:41 PM

Pikies!
"I think i was a bad person before. Before this time. I do not try to be good now but i am not bad. Perhaps if i try harder i may get a better hand dealt next time? But surely that makes it pointless? Perhaps i am good. Just good at being pointless. But that would make me bad. Bad at having a point. Ah…. I see now. I was nothing before, I am nothing now. I am bad purely because im pointless. "

EQ 10

#639 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 28 February 2008 - 01:45 PM

Hetan;265238 said:

Just to clarify things -

I will create a new forum for Toll the Hounds when the prologue is available for posting - so no-one will have to wade through pages to find it. It will be a stickied and closed thread. Anyone wanting to post speculation can do so in a seperate thread.

Does it have to be a closed thread?

I thought it worked well to have the discussion on the prologue, in the prologue thread, like the current RG prologue thread.

This thread, the toll the hounds discussion thread, could either remain open or just be closed so that all future discussion on the upcoming book takes place in the prologue thread - again like we did with the RG one.

#640 User is offline   Deragoth 

• Lieutenant

Posted 28 February 2008 - 01:54 PM

Hetan;265238 said:

my home phone/internet line is still very dead :p bloody pikies ran off with (or pulled out) 600m cabling and screwed the entire bt network where I live.

did they look like Brad Pitt?

Share this topic:

• 33 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users