• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Rugby World Cup 2007

#121 User is offline   Tremolo 

• High Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 15 October 2007 - 11:45 AM

Well done England :o

The only way to stop the english from scoring is by breaking the legs of that Wilkinson guy...me thinks :p
'We all have nukes, and we all know how to dance'

#122 User is offline   Falco 

• First Sword

Posted 15 October 2007 - 05:33 PM

*Grits teeth*

Come. On. You. Bokke. C*nts.

#123 User is offline   Dancer+ 

• A Driven Individual
  • Group: Team Handsome

Posted 15 October 2007 - 08:51 PM

England will lose, call me the pesimist, but it's the only way they will actually win in the end. Believe they will lose, say they will lose and they will win, it works! Believe me! :p

#124 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 16 October 2007 - 02:44 PM

Not when you say it on purpose!
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti tęde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#125 User is offline   Dancer+ 

• A Driven Individual

Posted 16 October 2007 - 03:26 PM

That's the hard thing about it, I don't believe they can win even if I say this but it usually works. So it's just confusing...I still don't believe, but it's more likely they will win.

Thinking about it, it's entirely unrelated, so I can act in any way I want to :p

#126 User is offline   dktorode 

• Luck is my middle name, Mind you, my first name is Bad."
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 17 October 2007 - 07:36 AM

Saturday will reveal all......:p

I don't need to say who i'm rooting for, do I ?
...┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐...

Why dont they make the whole plane out of that black box stuff?

#127 User is offline   Dancer+ 

• A Driven Individual

Posted 17 October 2007 - 08:31 AM

No, no...we all know it's England :p

What's your guess on the scoreline? or whether it will be high or low scoring?

#128 User is offline   Flawed 

• Flawed
  • Interests:winning the lotto
  • Id like some peace....

Posted 17 October 2007 - 08:49 AM

I think England really need to pull it out of the bag in the final. I think Dessembrae that either it will be another last ditch kick to win by England or tother team will run away with it easily.

It will be good though
"I think i was a bad person before. Before this time. I do not try to be good now but i am not bad. Perhaps if i try harder i may get a better hand dealt next time? But surely that makes it pointless? Perhaps i am good. Just good at being pointless. But that would make me bad. Bad at having a point. Ah…. I see now. I was nothing before, I am nothing now. I am bad purely because im pointless. "

EQ 10

#129 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 17 October 2007 - 09:41 AM

The Cult of Dessembrae;214664 said:

No, no...we all know it's England :p

What's your guess on the scoreline? or whether it will be high or low scoring?

If it's high scoring, England will lose. Unless it's a shitloads of kicking type high-scoring.

It won't be though, it'll be tight and cagey, I reckon.
I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you.

#130 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 17 October 2007 - 01:23 PM

Finals are never good matches, so the odds are it'll be low-scoring and very close.
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti tęde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#131 User is offline   dktorode 

• Luck is my middle name, Mind you, my first name is Bad."
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 17 October 2007 - 02:28 PM

yea when its a final anything can happen...its do or die.
I wouldnt even attempt at guessing who is gonna win...its down to the side who makes the least mistakes.
...┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐...

Why dont they make the whole plane out of that black box stuff?

#132 User is offline   Fid 

• Old Git of High House Muttley

Posted 20 October 2007 - 05:08 PM

I am as pessimistic as I was before the game 36 days ago - behind the posts in Stade de France was NOT a good place to be that night and before every game since...I would take a one point win with a Wilko pen or drop in the last minute that wobbles over the bar. Would be soooo sweet. Likely to happen? No - but have to travel hopefully or would never travel at all. And at least we are playing tonight - which did not seem likely at the beginning of September. And you do have to be in it to win it...

#133 User is offline   Mort 

• Captain

Posted 20 October 2007 - 09:27 PM

Well, no tries, which would normally mean a Pommie victory, but instead the 'Boks are on top of the dais today! (Thankfully; I really don't think the world could handle the Poms winning the cup twice in a row!)

Was a tight game in terms of the score, I think the Poms were generally outplayed, although they did come closest to scoring a try, and probably can feel unlucky not to have been given the benefit. But on the other hand, when you're losing lineout on a regular basis, have lost a scrum, turn the ball over and generally go sideways rather than over the advantage line... well, seems like you probably should lose.

SA played as well as they needed, held a good defensive line and waited for the mistakes. Was it as good as it could have been? No, but then again I'm sure all South Africans will take a win this way than a high scoring contest where the English got over the top... though I'm sure we can all be grown ups and snigger at the concept of a high scoring English Team :p.

Go the Springboks!

#134 User is offline   Falco 

• First Sword

Posted 20 October 2007 - 10:27 PM

South Africa out-Englanded England and won, poetic justice in a way. Matfield and Botha were absolute monsters. Well done the Bokke.

#135 User is offline   Dancer+ 

• A Driven Individual

Posted 20 October 2007 - 10:50 PM

Well Done South Africa.

All South Africans (and the rest of the world - if you want) enjoy this moment :p

#136 User is offline   Hume 

• Banned Like a Mushroom
  • Group: Banned Users

Posted 21 October 2007 - 01:14 AM

HaHaha!

Eat Cock and Die England.
Now two Southern Hemisphere teams have won the world cup twice!

#137 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 21 October 2007 - 08:06 AM

Congrats to the Saffers. Pity there were no tries, but the fact that SA out-penaltied England is poetic justice indeed.

Cheers,

La Sombra, heaves a huge sigh of relief
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#138 User is offline   Flawed 

• Flawed
  • Interests:winning the lotto
  • Id like some peace....

Posted 21 October 2007 - 08:26 AM

Well done SA. Well deserved.

England were a little annoying. Kept running into no position areas where there were 7 or 8 massive SA chaps already there to stop them.

If the try was ok'd it would of been a different story i think.

ANyhow. Well done SA good match.
"I think i was a bad person before. Before this time. I do not try to be good now but i am not bad. Perhaps if i try harder i may get a better hand dealt next time? But surely that makes it pointless? Perhaps i am good. Just good at being pointless. But that would make me bad. Bad at having a point. Ah…. I see now. I was nothing before, I am nothing now. I am bad purely because im pointless. "

EQ 10

#139 User is offline   Fid 

• Old Git of High House Muttley

Posted 21 October 2007 - 09:33 AM

To lose a game by giving away silly errors hurts more than being blasted away by brilliance. The major task still awaits however which is to rebuild English rugby properly this time - as we singularly failed to do since 2003 - not knowing our best team until Marseille quarter final - oh dear - must never happen again. But with the likes of Sackey, Tait, Hipkiss, Strettle, Flood, Ellis, Sheridan, Stevens, Haskell, Rees etc we do have a young core who could be moulded into as great a side as the Woodward era produced. We certainly have the resources.

But on the night well done to the Yarpies - and at least I had the satisfaction of not having to endure their celebration in my previous home in the northern suburbs of Joburg but in a very quiet street in Cheshire where we heard one firework at 10:01 PM and that was it!

#140 User is offline   Binder of Demons 

• Lord of Light
  • View gallery
  • - Thread Killer -

Posted 21 October 2007 - 09:58 AM

Well done South Africa. Didn't get to see the final, but ye've probably been the most consistent side all tournament. Good job peaking at the right time too, considering how bad they looked in the tri-nations last season (not this season).

I'm curious how England fans will respond to losing in the final. Has Brian Ashton done better than ye hoped? Are ye confident he can take ye forward (obviously, as an Irishman I hoping not ;-p ). I'm glad to see Ashton do well, since I thought he did well enough for Irish rugby when he was in charge.

Again, well done the Boks.

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt - Mark Twain

Never argue with an idiot!
They'll drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!
- Anonymous

Share this topic:

• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

18 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 18 guests, 0 anonymous users