• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Silchas Ruin

#1 User is offline   pippin 

• Corporal
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 28 May 2007 - 02:47 PM

Ok, Silchas was easily defeated by a bunch of marines aided by Quick Ben. Silchas did not seem that tough against Quick Ben's magic. I thought I read somewhere that he killed of two Matrons.

How did he do that, stab them in the back? Were they already exhausted?

Or can Quick Ben defeat a Matron all of a sudden?

All in all Silchas does not seem very tough, but he is quite skilled (defeating Trull is not bad at all).

#2 User is offline   airheadgreg 

• Corporal

Posted 28 May 2007 - 02:54 PM

Right, Quick said he's become meaner, so I'd assume stronger. And Ruin has been beneath an azath house for a while, which is a living thing and i guess feeds off those buried in its grounds and so Ruin would be kinda drained after that ordeal...

-Greg :D

#3 User is offline   Danyah 

• Fist

Posted 28 May 2007 - 02:57 PM

Silchas ate two cussers... One of those things was enough to grind Raest pieces. Two, and he decides to fly off... he is still able to fly off.

#4 User is offline   Agraba 

• Emperor

Posted 28 May 2007 - 05:18 PM

Yeah, as Aardvark says. He's still rather powerful. But where did it say that he beat two matrons? I remember Kallor saying that the power of a matron could dwarf that of an elder god.

#5 User is offline   vaiski 

• High Fist

Posted 28 May 2007 - 05:22 PM

Actually, he was still intent on attacking after those two cussers, it was Quick who drove him out. Which I guess is impressive for both of them, but personally I'm scaling down my estimation of Tiste Eleints after RG.

I suppose Rake wasn't kidding when Baruk asked him that who could hold him accountable if he were to betray his word, and Rake said that Silanah, among others, would be capable of taking him down.
Ofcourse, things such as the three dragons we saw in BH, and Kilmandaros attacking Rake and ending up inside Azath seem to indicate otherwise..

#6 User is offline   Dolorous Menhir 

• God
  • Group: Wiki Contributor

Posted 28 May 2007 - 05:35 PM

Hard to reconcile with the vision Ruin showed Kettle in MT, of all the FA he'd killed. I don't think Quick Ben could kill those things that easily.

#7 User is offline   vaiski 

• High Fist

Posted 28 May 2007 - 06:00 PM

Yeah that's true DM, and nor do I think that Quick Ben could've assailed four skykeeps (and killing at least one matron, presumably more) like Silchas and Scandabari did.. but still, arrogance/weariness/etc aside, Tiste Eleint weren't what I expected.

#8 User is offline   Danyah 

• Fist

Posted 28 May 2007 - 06:32 PM

They are not immortal, that's for sure. Still, some cussers and a magical attack by a supposed ascended elite squad (at least Hedge, Fiddler and QB) would have done for most Soletaken, Tiste, ubercreature....

Something else, Kettle assisted Ruin in his escape. At some point Ruin tells Kettle she contains two souls. One would be the FA/Nameless One, the other would be the Azath itself, since she became a live Finnest. Is there a chance she'd somehow survive, like Nom, Vorcan or Kalam. Somehow, Ruin seemed reluctant to mass slaughter. He would only kill those who opposed them. It seems a little too cruel for Ruin to stab the girl without remorse...

#9 User is offline   EternalShadow 

• Recruit

Posted 28 May 2007 - 06:48 PM

If he had flown in and destroyed the whole city with an unveiling of his warren/s wouldnt have made much of a story would it?

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 28 May 2007 - 06:55 PM

Aardvark;189727 said:

They are not immortal, that's for sure.

Immortal doesn't mean they can't be killed :D

Something else, Kettle assisted Ruin in his escape. At some point Ruin tells Kettle she contains two souls. One would be the FA/Nameless One, the other would be the Azath itself, since she became a live Finnest

Kettles twin souls are FA and Eres/Edur not Azath.
The Finnest was the knife containing Scabandari's trapped soul.

#11 User is offline   Agraba 

• Emperor

Posted 28 May 2007 - 07:29 PM

Hetan, though it's a popular theory, I don't know if it was confirmed yet that Kettle is Trull/Eres' child. Unless I missed something...

#12 User is offline   vaiski 

• High Fist

Posted 28 May 2007 - 07:31 PM

Agraba, you missed this :D

#13 User is offline   fan_83 

• First Sword

Posted 28 May 2007 - 07:35 PM

this was discussed to death in the quick ben thread..

to recap:
ruin was flying to letharas to kill rhulad and the edur.. when he got there, the edur was gone, rhulad was gone.. before he could confirmed it he got hit with 2 cussers and a magic wave.. after that he flew off..

i surmise, he found no edur and therefore no target

#14 User is offline   pippin 

• Corporal

Posted 28 May 2007 - 07:38 PM

Agraba;189696 said:

Yeah, as Aardvark says. He's still rather powerful. But where did it say that he beat two matrons? I remember Kallor saying that the power of a matron could dwarf that of an elder god.

I remember not that he beat them, but killed them. Some kind of remark about his swords or something like that.

#15 User is offline   Dark Mac 

• Emperor

Posted 28 May 2007 - 08:13 PM

Dolorous Menhir;189711 said:

Hard to reconcile with the vision Ruin showed Kettle in MT, of all the FA he'd killed. I don't think Quick Ben could kill those things that easily.

Perhaps he didn't kill the FA alone. And remember Kilmandaros's inability to kill flying things...the FA might suffer the same problem.

When did he have time to kill them all anyway?

#16 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 28 May 2007 - 08:34 PM

Was he draconean when he killed the FA though? You have to take into account the circumstances of the two fights, you can't simply say Ruin beat all those FA, and QB drove off Ruin, so QB would beat the FA.
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#17 User is offline   airheadgreg 

• Corporal

Posted 29 May 2007 - 07:09 AM

I still go by the whole, You've been buried for a few thousand years you're not going to be at full strength.
I think the strong thing about the tiste elient was that if they stood together they could not be opposed but none of them will, they bicker among themselves.
And the whole munching on two cussers would daze you at least a little.
Also wasn't he flying to Lethras to get rid of the debt concept as well as the Edur? But Tehol had done most of that already. But i doubt he'd have just left without taking a server beating, or a good amount of persuasion. And lets all remember Quick isn't really just the one man, there are at least seven mages in him, possibly more as we find/can speculate from RG, so maybe something a bit more powerful...

-Greg ^_^

#18 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 29 May 2007 - 10:04 AM

Agraba;189696 said:

that not exactly right. The united power of the matrons stopped the EG coming to Wu from choas/SD.

#19 User is offline   Danyah 

• Fist

Posted 29 May 2007 - 11:17 AM

Well, they had certain magics that could trigger a deathspell and the like, but they didn't seem to have combat prowess. I mean the Letherii mages are powerfull enough, but one bullseye arrow can kill two mages and incapacitate a third one. I think that there are more examples throughout the series concerning those different "power levels".

#20 User is offline   Dark Mac 

• Emperor

Posted 29 May 2007 - 11:35 AM

airheadgreg;189838 said:

I still go by the whole, You've been buried for a few thousand years you're not going to be at full strength.

If that's so, I'd love to see what Calm can do after getting back into shape.

And Ruin had been out for over a year when the Lether fight took place, so I suspect he'd be mostly back in shape. The weakness of KG on that continent was probably a bigger issue, though I can't recall if Ruin ever used KG in dragon form.

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users