• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New powerhouse

#41 User is offline   Tiger_sword 

• First Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 17 October 2006 - 05:46 PM

We know that Sky keeps were attempting to access Wu via seven cities because Ganath sealed the route in (plus a sky keep) prehaps one managed to get through but crashed? Or all within were killed bar one?

#42 Guest_figroll_*

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 18 October 2006 - 12:00 PM

Icarium tells Mappo that the sky keep trapped by Ganath was merely fleeing the KC civil war. That's probably the civil war that destroyed morn, or the end of a similar CM/NR society. Either way, the NR skykeep in tBH was coming from somewhere else on Wu and not trying to invade.

#43 User is offline   Tehol-Beddict 

• Recruit

Posted 19 October 2006 - 04:58 AM

I think it could be possibly the first or second Seguel, I can't quite remember which one they mentioned had been missing for years. In terms of the physical description of the Seguel, Erikson was fairly vague in MofI, so this new "Power House", might be the famed First. I would like to see a showdown between He and Icarium, or He and Karsa.

#44 User is offline   The Rope 

• Fist

Posted 19 October 2006 - 05:53 AM

The first of the seguleh? Except his mask is supposed to be plain - red is not plain... or was it just to be solid color?

#45 User is offline   Tiger_sword 

• First Sword

Posted 19 October 2006 - 10:53 AM

I think the main problem with that theory is that this guy seams to have come from lether originally and has returned 'home'. The Seguleh definately don't come from Lether. Unless the Seguleh first is not a Seguleh...

#46 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 19 October 2006 - 12:50 PM

Well, the Seguleh seventh most certainly isn't a Seguleh.
I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you.

#47 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 19 October 2006 - 03:31 PM

It's not like the Seguleh are the only ones wearing masks. The Jheck did in MT.

- Abyss, trick or treat or spear.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#48 User is offline   Kage-za 

• Captain

Posted 19 October 2006 - 10:50 PM

I think there are a lot of hints in MT from the Errant that the Letheri were not the only colony from the 1st Empire to settle on the Letheri continent, and I think this new powerhouse-- and the mysterious heart-eating wolves--are all related to that somehow.

When the colonists first arrived, all of the crazy soultaken/d'ivers were pushed north and east from Lether, if I'm not mistaken. In MT the Errant thinks that the Jheck meeting up with their god the Pack (the first lizard/cat d'ivers that was really scary to everyone but easily killed in the end) is the only real threat posed by the Edur invasion. The Edur empire and the CG is one threat that faces the people of WU, but I get the feeling that soultaken gaining power and getting out of control is something that could lead to the extinction of the human race. Red-mask and his companions could have something to do with that threat.

At least, it wouldn't be weird for more to come out about the 1st empire in this book... getting ready for Toll the Hounds which may have a lot to do with the Deragoth and Dessilembackis (on Genabackis in Darujhistan, but whatever).

#49 User is offline   Clip 

• Archaeologist

Posted 23 October 2006 - 06:50 PM

well, the Letharii know a lot about their history and the history of the First Empire so its unlikely that there would only be hints that there is another colony nearby, and if there is, they must be pretty far gone to wear masks and be connected to heart-eating wolves.

I think that the army is the new Grey Swords (Helms?), the group Toc/Anaster was/is in command of, and since they are dedicated to Togg and Fanderay the wolves ate only the hearts to honour them.
Eyes like moonlight on barbed wire

#50 User is offline   Onrack the breakable 

• Captain

Posted 26 October 2006 - 04:41 AM

Maybe a divergence here. I don't think this guy has any relation to the Grey helms, swords, etc. They are crusaders for war or religious fanatics depending on your viewpoint. This guy doesn't seem religious.

So far we have met the Grey swords and the Grey Helms. I'm wondering how many more armor parts there are? Grey Shields, Grey Gauntlets, Grey Pauldrons, Grey Boots, Grey Codpiece, whatever... My bet is the slaughtered army is of the Grey Ale Flagons. They were too drunk to fight.

#51 User is offline   Locke Reaper 

• Captain

Posted 29 October 2006 - 11:24 AM

"Foreigners. Here, in the land of his birth.
Behind the mask, he scowled. Gone. Too long. Am I now the stranger?"

This little passage brings me to the conclusion that this "man" is completely new with a whole new set of problems. yet i think he is either a shapeshifter or an ascendant. he's walking around with way too much confidence not to be a badass in some shape or form. There are too many empty spaces in the deck of dragons to be lumping this man with the races we know. i think he is a whole new angle in this mess.

#52 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 29 October 2006 - 04:52 PM

IM not convinced hes an ascendent. I think hes just a soldier from Awl who left. A mage maybe given the potential power of his companions. But given that he carries cures for poison round with him means hes not an ascendent as poison doesnt effect them as far as im concerned.

#53 User is offline   Locke Reaper 

• Captain

Posted 29 October 2006 - 05:14 PM

No mage in his right mind runs around with big scary monsters, to many things can go wrong. Even cotillion is careful around an aptorian.

#54 User is offline   The Rope 

• Fist

Posted 30 October 2006 - 07:55 AM

Where does it say he has antidotes for poison? maybe its for the demons, not himself? or maybe there are poisons that can affect even ascendants?

#55 User is offline   Dark Mac 

• Emperor

Posted 30 October 2006 - 05:20 PM

Locke Reaper;128728 said:

No mage in his right mind runs around with big scary monsters, to many things can go wrong. Even cotillion is careful around an aptorian.

Bauchelain certainly disagrees with that idea.

#56 User is offline   GardenGnome 

• Emperor

Posted 30 October 2006 - 05:22 PM

Who says Bauchelain is in his right mind? ;)

#57 User is offline   Clip 

• Archaeologist

Posted 30 October 2006 - 08:04 PM

There's a lot about the other tribes/city-states/kingdoms on Lether that we don't know. So he could be a mage/shaman/leader person of whoever lives/lived in the area he refers to as "...the land of his birth." and that he was just gone for whatever reason for a long time.
Eyes like moonlight on barbed wire

#58 User is offline   Lister of Smeg 

• King of High House Smeg

Posted 30 October 2006 - 10:12 PM

Maybe he is the infamous Green Pig!
Avoid being seen as racist by saying, "I'm not a racist, but ..." prior to making a racist comment.

#59 User is offline   The Rope 

• Fist

Posted 31 October 2006 - 03:42 AM

maybe the "land of his birth" is a broader term... refers to the whole land of Wu, back to the First Empire - from what we know, the letherii havent really changed much since the first empire...?

i meant the whole realm - he may have been in an entirely different realm....

#60 User is offline   GingerBreadMan 

• High Fist

Posted 31 October 2006 - 06:27 AM

Good point, he may have been off in some other realm/world for the past hundred thousand years and just recently came back to see his Mommy..

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users