#11982 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 14 May 2022 - 09:39 AM

#11983 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 16 May 2022 - 12:34 PM

There are a couple of British labels bringing Japanese rock bands to the West. JPU Records, based in Enfield, have been established the longest. Setsuzoku Records, a division of Orion Live, began trading last year and they're about to release (well, mine's arrived four days early Posted Image) a re-mastered compilation by one of my favourite bands, exist†trace, called "NEO JAPANESE HEROINE". Naturally they chose to open the album with an absolute banger, "Dream Rider".

#11984 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 18 May 2022 - 08:25 AM

My current faves, Hitsujibungaku, have collaborated with Taiwanese singer/songwriter LÜCY on new single "OH HEY".

#11985 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 20 May 2022 - 08:42 AM

RIP Vangelis. :(

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#11986 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 20 May 2022 - 01:46 PM

My favourite bands seem to be very active at the moment. Brand new MVs from:

the totally wonderful (and utterly bonkers) Necry Talkie

and yet another new MV from Hitsujibungaku

#11987 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 21 May 2022 - 11:38 PM

#11988 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 22 May 2022 - 09:17 AM

View PostSerenity, on 18 May 2022 - 08:25 AM, said:

My current faves, Hitsujibungaku, have collaborated with Taiwanese singer/songwriter LÜCY on new single "OH HEY".

Here's LÜCY performing "OH HEY" solo.

#11989 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 27 May 2022 - 05:53 PM

Ok, y'all know what time it is. Memorial day weekend here in the States so lets get #BangerSummer2022 going, bizznatches! I'll start.

#BangerSummer2022

Yeah, yeah, I know, this dropped a few months ago, but it just started poppin' in my neck of the woods, and you just know it's going to have the walls pulsing at house parties this summer or shaking the parasols at beach parties. Also, it offers some excellent financial advice: "scared money don't make no money."

#11990 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 27 May 2022 - 07:05 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 27 May 2022 - 05:53 PM, said:

Ok, y'all know what time it is. Memorial day weekend here in the States so lets get #BangerSummer2022 going, bizznatches! I'll start.

#BangerSummer2022

Yeah, yeah, I know, this dropped a few months ago, but it just started poppin' in my neck of the woods, and you just know it's going to have the walls pulsing at house parties this summer or shaking the parasols at beach parties. Also, it offers some excellent financial advice: "scared money don't make no money."

Or as Warren Buffett put it: 'be greedy when others are fearful'. Bought the dip just before it ripped (up now for at least a bit...).

'Got the drop
on the opp
We Dora explore it' lol

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 27 May 2022 - 07:06 PM

#11991 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 28 May 2022 - 12:41 AM

'I Have Seen the Future of Music. It's Scary, and Utterly Brilliant

Imagine being able to tell an app exactly the type of music you'd like to create – the key, the tempo, the genre, the sub-genre – and then that app just… making it for you.

Imagine recording yourself singing a verse and a chorus into your phone, uploading this vocal to a platform, and that platform wrapping an entire professional musical production around it, all in the style of your choosing.

[....] artificial intelligence-driven platform, currently in beta[...]

[...] hit songwriter Kennedi (Britney Spears, Snoop Dogg, Demi Lovato), who has been working with Soundful as a tool to assist her in the studio.

With Soundful users not only able to create AI-constructed tracks at a click of a button – but also to download the stems of these tracks and import them into external production software – Kennedi says she sees the app as "almost as if a new instrument [has] been created".'

I have seen the future of music. It's scary, and utterly brilliant. - Music Business Worldwide

Free public beta (or at least sign-ups are still open for now):

Empowering the World to Create Music | Soundful

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 28 May 2022 - 12:43 AM

#11992 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 05 June 2022 - 04:50 PM

Figured this is appropriate for the times. Seventy years. Man, do you think she'll outlive Charles and so Bill will become the next monarch when she finally kicks the bucket? I know she hasn't attended many of the activities that are ongoing in celebrating her seventy year reign, which suggests she is in declining health. It was only a few years ago that I saw footage of that old bat driving a car.

#11993 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 07 June 2022 - 10:16 AM

As it's Yuko (WagakkiBand) Suzuhana's birthday today

#11994 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 08 June 2022 - 04:44 PM

'This Music-Powered Digital Drug Could Treat Alzheimer's

[...]

"With Alzheimer's disease, the areas in the brain that are involved with music processing are the areas that go last," [...] professor of neurology[...]

"People lose verbal memory first, visual memory next, and really near the end is musical memory."

Researchers [...] have devoted their careers to studying how exactly music can alleviate the problems caused by conditions and illnesses such as Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, and dementia.

[...] patients who underwent music-based treatments have had incredibly promising and powerful results. "If you play music for them, it kind of wakes them up," [...] "The music taps immediately into their motor systems. Patients want to dance. They'll play percussion instruments and participate in the music."

[...] Studies have suggested that music intervention and music therapy can be incredibly beneficial to patients with dementia, with participants reporting better moods, less anxiety, and even better relationships with their caregivers.

[...] a music therapist or clinician who can assist with music intervention can be hard to come by—especially if you live in a remote area or can't afford it. Another issue is the fact that they can't be on call 24/7. You might simply be out of luck if a problem during a session strikes at an odd hour.

That's the problem [...] LUCID is trying to solve. [...] "turning music into medicine," [...] They've developed an AI platform that they claim combines machine-learning with neuroscience to help reduce feelings of anxiety in adults.

"Music interventions can ease these psychiatric symptoms and spark joy," [...] "We're committed to delivering new care paradigms in an evidence-based way."

[...] results of its first controlled clinical trial. [...] music and binaural beats—an auditory illusion that occurs when you play different tones in each ear—curated by LUCID's AI [...] the group that had listened to the AI-powered playlist of music and beats had a significant reduction in their anxiety.

[...] songs and beats compiled by LUCID's AI are unique to each listener, providing an entirely personalized experience based on their needs and mood at the time of listening. [...] the music must be personalized to the individual patient in order to get the best results. [...]

[...] music that provides the most therapeutic benefit for an individual often comes from their own past.

This is consistent with [...] research using music therapy for dementia patients [...] music [...] patients respond best to often comes from their childhood through their twenties. [...]

"In patients with dementia, the long-term memory of music is retained," [...] "When they listen to familiar music that they liked when they were younger, it brings back long term memories of a time in their life when they felt safe, because in their current life, they're lost. They're anxious. Sometimes, they know they have Alzheimer's. But then you take them to when they were younger with beautiful music and it brings them memories and back to their past when things were much more calming."

[...] ideally, the music would be actually improvised in front of the patient in a method called clinically designed improvisatory music. "Music therapists often compose in the moment," he said. "It lets them interact with the patient to see what's working. If it's not, they immediately adapt. Pre-recorded music has less flexibility."'

Alzheimer's Could Be Treated With AI-Designed Music Used as a Digital Drug

AI improvisation and biometric monitoring (perhaps in virtual reality, measuring pupil dilation etc.) could more accurately (and rapidly) adapt to the listener's response... not just for therapy, but for general listening (adapting to different moods or different goals or contexts).

'The Musician TikTok Hostage Crisis

Record labels are demanding their talent go viral on TikTok to release new music.

[...] TikTok, an app that all of us apparently are sick of, including musicians.

[...] the label are begging me for, quote, lo fi tik tok. [...]

[...] That is not, in fact, [Tokio] Hotel singing. That is the Reading Rainbow theme, which is a recent trend that has been on TikTok, where the Reading Rainbow theme plays, and then the head of the people recording the videos kind of floats around in space. So while the song is going, the onscreen caption reads us trying to figure out Tik Tok after the label forced us to be on here.

[...] Charli XCX [...] harli's lip syncing to an audio of Naomi Campbell testifying during a war crimes trial. Fun little Madlib and the screen reads when the label asked me to make my eighth tik tok of the week.

[...] I have a song that I love that I want to release ASAP, but my record label won't let me. I've been in this industry for eight years. I've sold over 165 million records, and my record company is saying that I can't release it until they can fake a viral moment on Tik Tok. Everything is marketing and they're doing this to basically every artist these days.'

Transcript - The Musician TikTok Hostage Crisis

#11995 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 10 June 2022 - 10:46 AM

Something a little bit different but quite awesome.

The best comment:
Alfredo Rafael Habersham Pabon
10 months ago
Fun fact: you didn't search for this

Fun fact #2: you enjoyed every darn second of it
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#11996 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 10 June 2022 - 11:33 AM

Gen Z "discovering" Kate Bush (due to 'Running up that Hill' being in a pivotal STRANGER THINGS scene) and acting like she's "slept on"....is doing my Gen X head in.

No, you fucking wankers, she's one of the greatest and most innovative artists who has ever lived and has been on top ten lists many times.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#11997 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 10 June 2022 - 12:55 PM

Tis ever the way QT I remember when (I think) Kanye did some kind of collab with Paul McCartney and there was a load of people going "I dunno who that is dude with Kanye is but his career is going to kick off now as a result" or words to that effect.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#11998 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 10 June 2022 - 01:05 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 10 June 2022 - 12:55 PM, said:

Tis ever the way QT I remember when (I think) Kanye did some kind of collab with Paul McCartney and there was a load of people going "I dunno who that is dude with Kanye is but his career is going to kick off now as a result" or words to that effect.

LOL! I can't imagine.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#11999 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 10 June 2022 - 04:25 PM

If you only could.
Would you make a deal with God?
And get him to swap your places (with the gen z wankers)?

C'mon, angel, c'mon, c'mon, darling.
Exchange the experience.

#-#-#-#-#

Alternatively - Ok Boomer.

Posted Image

#12000 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 10 June 2022 - 04:45 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 10 June 2022 - 11:33 AM, said:

Gen Z "discovering" Kate Bush (due to 'Running up that Hill' being in a pivotal STRANGER THINGS scene) and acting like she's "slept on"....is doing my Gen X head in.

No, you fucking wankers, she's one of the greatest and most innovative artists who has ever lived and has been on top ten lists many times.

To be fair, I was alive through much of the 80's and (thereafter) listened to a fair amount of alternative/experimental 80's music and went to quite a few '80's night' parties but I only became aware of Kate Bush (beyond brief clips of Babushka iirc) about five years ago (when a local nightclub was advertising 'Night of a Thousand Kates').

Share this topic:

• 613 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users