• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

American Football

#61 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 12 September 2006 - 06:22 PM

hey, the sherrif sometimes managed the clock well... it was accidental, but it has happened before!

Yea, that was nice. It was nice to see the defense keep them back on that last drive as well, as that has been a problem in the past... it seemed that the vikings two minute defense was worse than their regular!

side note: think the twinks are going to win the Central?
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#62 User is offline   Dagger 

• Interloper
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 13 September 2006 - 02:12 AM

I am starting to think winning the Central is certainly doable. They need Liriano to come back strong and for the offense to keep it up. But the Tigers and the White Sox have not played well at all since the Break. It's the Twin's title if everything continues to go right.

Jesus, the Sherrif. I had forgotten that nickname. I understand his relationship with the Arizona press is no better than it was for him in MN. In fact, it might have gone sour even quicker.
"I can see my days of not taking you seriously are coming to a middle." - Mal Reynolds

#63 User is offline   Shinrei 

• charin charin

Posted 13 September 2006 - 03:07 AM

Obdigore;115159 said:

Shin..

Perhaps... Although the bears have done nothing for their offence. It still stinks... they only looked good because I do not think the packers defense is any good. Personaly I think the bears were overated last year, and they will be this year until they run into a good team... The Team I am most suprised about is Detroit... They actually had a game against Seattle. They could be an unexpectedly good team (I still think the bears will win the north, but they wont go any farther)

Well, there are a lot of people saying the exact opposite, i.e. people are saying Rex Grossman is underrated. Many of the plays the Bears made in the passing game were not the fault of the Packers defense, just simply perfect throws and wide receivers making sure catches.
You’ve never heard of the Silanda? … It’s the ship that made the Warren of Telas run in less than 12 parsecs.

#64 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 15 September 2006 - 09:30 PM

How good of a weekend is this going to be for football? Auburn and LSU? Are you kidding me? Yes please! Also, ND and Meechigan (boo Meechigan), Miami/Louisville, and of course the GAME OF THE CENTURY Ohio State vs, um, Cincinatti. ok, forget that last one, but rest will be good games.
Error: Signature not valid

#65 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 15 September 2006 - 09:39 PM

Gophers vs. Temple. DESTRUCTION!!!!

(because temple is the worst college team, perhaps... but it will be bad for them!)
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#66 User is offline   cauthon 

• Geek in progress
  • Interests:photography, fantasy

Posted 18 September 2006 - 02:16 AM

I was not really into American Football. But this week I'm in Seattle and seeing all those chicks go see the Seahawks play, made me decide to learn a bit about it. So we watched the Seattle Seahawks vs the Arizona Cardinals, which it seems, was quite a defensive game, or rather without too much action. But I kinda took a liking to it. Seattle won btw.

#67 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 18 September 2006 - 02:18 AM

yes... it can be entertaining once you figure out what is 'allowed' and what is not... like a chess game...

#68 User is offline   cauthon 

• Geek in progress
  • Interests:photography, fantasy

Posted 18 September 2006 - 02:25 AM

Ar least the girls seem to know and understand the rules. Unlike with soccer :-)

#69 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 01 November 2006 - 10:38 PM

some women love football, or baseball... never found a grown woman (in the US) who is really into soccer. ;)

#70 Guest_Hedge_*

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 02 November 2006 - 01:37 PM

Well this season has been a disaster for me so far. As a Pittsburgh fan i've had the to watch my team go from Superbowl Champs to a 2-5 team with the chances of making the post season just a wonderful dream.

The Rothlisberger saga just seems to roll on and on, the defence seems to have forgotten how to block and special teams are just plain embarrassing!!

Oh well I think it will be the Colts going all the way this year. I just can't see anyone stopping Peyton Manning.

#71 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 02 November 2006 - 02:38 PM

Vikings are possibly going to be wild cards! If they can figure out their offense, but I think the next 4 games should be pretty easy.

#72 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 02 November 2006 - 03:06 PM

American football is Rugby for pansies. That is all.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#73 User is offline   McLovin 

• Cutlery Enthusiast
  • Interests:Knives. Stabbing. Stabbing with knives.

Posted 02 November 2006 - 03:39 PM

Hedge;130225 said:

Oh well I think it will be the Colts going all the way this year. I just can't see anyone stopping Peyton Manning.

Peyton Manning can stop Peyton Manning. He's always strong in regular season, then falls apart in the post-season. Don't see any reason why that pattern won't be repeated again this year.
OK, I think I got it, but just in case, can you say the whole thing over again? I wasn't really listening.

#74 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove

Posted 03 November 2006 - 03:45 AM

Morgoth;130256 said:

American football is Rugby for pansies. That is all.

I've played both, and you're wrong.

#75 User is offline   Tremolo 

• High Fist

Posted 03 November 2006 - 09:35 AM

Go Ravens ;)
'We all have nukes, and we all know how to dance'

#76 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove

Posted 13 July 2007 - 10:50 PM

Getting excited for upcoming season. O-H-I-O! Go Packers!

#77 User is offline   Grumble 

• High Mage of High House HAWT

Posted 14 July 2007 - 11:17 PM

Roll on September, hopeful of 4th consecutive NFC West title and return to Super Bowl, Go Hawks !
What Would Jack Do ?

#78 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove

Posted 15 July 2007 - 12:50 AM

Grumble;200454 said:

Roll on September, hopeful of 4th consecutive NFC West title and return to Super Bowl, Go Hawks !

I live in Seattle, I'm hoping to make it to a game this season.

#79 User is offline   Grumble 

• High Mage of High House HAWT

Posted 15 July 2007 - 08:46 AM

Brilliant! I was over for a Holiday road trip in 2001 but did not get to see the Seahawks. Did manage to get to Safeco and watch Ichiro and the Mariners though during their record wins season (typically they lost the game I saw to Tampa Bay in extra innings) but it was a great experience.

Hoping to return maybe next year when my finances are in better order.Would love to take a tour of Qwest field and then see a live game, Awesome!

Did get on the pitch during a tour at Texas Stadium, Dallas, later in the same trip but not quite the same.

One Day ..... Go Hawks !
What Would Jack Do ?

#80 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 15 July 2007 - 10:15 PM

Grumble;200503 said:

Did get on the pitch during a tour at Texas Stadium, Dallas, later in the same trip but not quite the same.

FIELD, NOT PITCH. FIELD. YOUR BRITISH MANNERISMS AND CUTESY-WEUTSY PHRASES SHOULD DISAPPEAR ONCE YOU CROSS THE BORDER INTO THE GREAT YEW ESS OF AY.

A temporary exception can be given if you are inside a bar and/or are trying to pick up a chick.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

Share this topic:

• 87 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users