• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

American Football

#41 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 08 September 2006 - 12:09 AM

Brett favre is still good, just not great as he once was. Many of his flaws are magnified by always trying to come from behind. What's the deal with Australian football? As far as flow, if you watch enough football, there is flow to it. It's hard to explain, but it's there.
Error: Signature not valid

#42 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove

Posted 08 September 2006 - 12:13 AM

tiam;112912 said:

Note i am slightly biased of course being British and not likeing the American culture

I think it might be a little extreme to turn a discussion about sports into an attack on our entire culture. Besides, it makes you sound bitter about that whole revolution thing. :D

#43 User is offline   Shinrei 

• charin charin
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 08 September 2006 - 12:36 AM

Just signing in to say that I have tickets to the season opener of the Packers vs. the Bears. :D :D :p

And yes, I support the good guys. Go Favre!
You’ve never heard of the Silanda? … It’s the ship that made the Warren of Telas run in less than 12 parsecs.

#44 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove

Posted 08 September 2006 - 03:14 AM

Shinrei no Shintai;113008 said:

Just signing in to say that I have tickets to the season opener of the Packers vs. the Bears. :D :D :p

And yes, I support the good guys. Go Favre!

i am a jealous man. what did those cost you?

#45 User is offline   temp 

• temp

Posted 08 September 2006 - 01:18 PM

Oh but we have a problem with you noisy bastards. Just you wait, the invasion plans are coming along nicely. LIGHTNING BOLT!

But I've said too much.

Shhh Rodeo, don't let them on to our secret invasion plans.

For Canadians on this forum (most of the humour will be lost on non-Canadians):
http://www.canadaka.net/modules.php?name=N...d=5&action=view
The price is wrong bitch!

#46 User is offline   Dagger 

• Interloper

Posted 08 September 2006 - 01:18 PM

Good God, that must have taken some $$$! You need to take a few photos and post them on this thread.
"I can see my days of not taking you seriously are coming to a middle." - Mal Reynolds

#47 User is offline   Kage-za 

• Captain

Posted 08 September 2006 - 06:11 PM

Shin, that Cheesehead, has had season tix since oh, before he was born. We used to sit around at my place and play Madden while listening to a double-header on internet radio-- when we were both working in the same town over here. First the Steelers and Myron Cope announcing, followed by the Packers game. Of course his wife would yell at me about how he shouldn't be drinking before work on a Monday, but it was a small price to pay!

Anyways, the Steelers were alright. As for hockey, I'm still looking for a new team to root for, since I grew up in Hartford. Last year, Carolina winning just didn't do much for me...

#48 User is offline   Shinrei 

• charin charin

Posted 09 September 2006 - 12:57 AM

yeah, my grandpa has had season tix since the 60's. He attended the Ice Bowl.

I went to the games regularly from 1990 to 1997, so I saw the rise of the Packers and Brett Favre's career. Then I moved out of Wisconsin and only made the games occasionally. My uncle and cousin have been going in my stead. But, I'll make a few games this year, including Da Bears. Uncle hates the cold weather games, so I'll get to go to those.
You’ve never heard of the Silanda? … It’s the ship that made the Warren of Telas run in less than 12 parsecs.

#49 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove

Posted 09 September 2006 - 04:26 AM

Shinrei no Shintai;113577 said:

yeah, my grandpa has had season tix since the 60's. He attended the Ice Bowl.

I went to the games regularly from 1990 to 1997, so I saw the rise of the Packers and Brett Favre's career. Then I moved out of Wisconsin and only made the games occasionally. My uncle and cousin have been going in my stead. But, I'll make a few games this year, including Da Bears. Uncle hates the cold weather games, so I'll get to go to those.

Any chance of getting adopted into your family?

#50 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove

Posted 10 September 2006 - 05:45 AM

Ohio State won! THey beat Texas 24-7. Sweet revenge. Now it's all set up for a run at the national championship.

#51 User is offline   McLovin 

• Cutlery Enthusiast
  • Interests:Knives. Stabbing. Stabbing with knives.

Posted 10 September 2006 - 01:39 PM

Gah. Wonder how far in the polls Texas will fall...
OK, I think I got it, but just in case, can you say the whole thing over again? I wasn't really listening.

#52 User is offline   Dagger 

• Interloper

Posted 12 September 2006 - 02:50 AM

Ohio State looked incredible in that game - just dominating.

My Vikings won tonight, a game that most fans expected they would lose. You just don't beat a playoff team on the road, but they did it. Plenty of mistakes on both sides but no major turnovers. And it looks like Taylor might turn out to be a decent running back after all.

The Vikes are trying to get things stirred up for their season, which normally they can do pretty easily. But the Twins have been so hot that everyone is caught up in baseball and ignoring football. If the Twins keep it up, most Minnesota fans won't be turning to the Vikings until late October.
"I can see my days of not taking you seriously are coming to a middle." - Mal Reynolds

#53 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 12 September 2006 - 03:18 AM

I actually watched the Vike's game tonight Dagger. And I have been a twins fan for years... I'll watch the baseball playoffs, but I love football...
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#54 User is offline   RodeoRanch 

• The Midnight Special
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 12 September 2006 - 03:22 AM

I caught the tail end of the Vikings game too. Pretty damn close!

#55 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 12 September 2006 - 03:26 AM

better than what I thought was going to happen... Im hoping they can go 3-1 before their bye week. that would be sweet.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#56 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove

Posted 12 September 2006 - 09:47 AM

This is going to be a bittersweet football season for me. It is possible that my college team (Ohio State) will win every single Saturday, making me very happy for that day. Unfortunately, It's just as likely that my Packers will lose every single Sunday, making me sad. I might be bipolar by the end of the season.

#57 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 12 September 2006 - 12:03 PM

did you think the pack was going to win more than 4 games this season?

if brett quits, they might get 6 or 7, but with him starting, they are going to play every game if they ever get behind.

#58 User is offline   Shinrei 

• charin charin

Posted 12 September 2006 - 05:49 PM

Believe it or not, I saw positives in the Packers play.

1. Running game: Green 111 yards on 20 carries.
2. Offensive line: Was a big "?" before the season but Favre wasn't constantly running for his life against a very dominant Bears defense.
3. Run defense: Consistently solid, and the defense only gave up 16 points (3 points were because of a turnover-short field and 7 came from special teams).
4. Favre only threw interceptions at the end during "desperation time."

We have to remember that the Bears are very likely going to be one of the most dominant teams in the NFC. Maybe the Packers can't play with them, but I feel they'll do better against non top-tier opponents

#59 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 12 September 2006 - 06:10 PM

Shin..

Perhaps... Although the bears have done nothing for their offence. It still stinks... they only looked good because I do not think the packers defense is any good. Personaly I think the bears were overated last year, and they will be this year until they run into a good team... The Team I am most suprised about is Detroit... They actually had a game against Seattle. They could be an unexpectedly good team (I still think the bears will win the north, but they wont go any farther)

#60 User is offline   Dagger 

• Interloper

Posted 12 September 2006 - 06:18 PM

Yeah, that Detroit game was a wake-up call. They might actually have a coach that knows what he is doing.

Speaking of a coach that knows what he is doing, in the Vikings game we saw actual clock management - something that never, ever happened in the Green/Tice era.

Share this topic:

• 87 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users