• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Who Do You Reckon The 6 Dragons Are? Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   Lord of Salvation 

• Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 26 August 2006 - 06:25 AM

There are just so many dragons I cant keep track. I have to assume that Rake would not kill a pure dragon with Dragnipure, since Draconis said there were dragons chained.

#22 User is offline   Orfantal 

• First Sword

Posted 26 August 2006 - 07:21 AM

Hm that's right Draconus said "there are dragons among us" although he would be including himself anf they might be soletaken rather than pure. Of course any there might have been killed by him rather than Rake. If I recall the 3 chained dragons had a particular dislike for him, perhaps that's why. I'll have to try and find what they said.

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 26 August 2006 - 07:47 AM

on Draconus :
“The most reviled of them all!” Eloth shrieked, the voice filling Cotillion’s skull so that he winced.

Rake may well kill feral dragons...I can't think of a good reason why not :)

#24 User is offline   Orfantal 

• First Sword

Posted 26 August 2006 - 08:40 AM

Yep certainly seem to dislike him, perhaps even more than Rake who actually chained them!

Well he might do, but the only three dragons we know he came up against he didn't kill but chained in shadow.... presumably he could have killed them if he chose. Makes you wonder why he didn't.

Posted 26 August 2006 - 09:50 AM

I don't think Rake would kill the chained three because they are the warrens aspects, and as we have seen the killing of Sorrit has potentially serious implications for Serc.

But someone has killed using Dragnipur:

‘Gethol’s Breath,’ the stranger gasped. ‘Will they never cease?’
‘I don’t think they will,’ Paran said. ‘Can those chains be broken?’
‘No. None have managed it yet, that is, and there are dragons among
us. But these Hounds . . .

the question is was it Rake or Draconus (I favour the latter) and were they eleint or feral eleint?

#26 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 26 August 2006 - 10:53 AM

Sir Thursday;109184 said:

I reckon they are the royal line of Edur that Scabby killed to gain control of the Edur.

Sir Thursday

I doubt it. With the way Rake goes there are soletaken eleint now aswell as feral i think the edur royal family were just powerful normal edur.

Also i agree with Hetan. It seems likely that meaning they are feral or wild as i beleive it means (not looking it up) therefore uncivilised and not participating in the whole aspected dragon thing. Or maybe they are wild dragons that didnt appear in the list we get in MT

"I am Ampelas, who shaped the Blood in the paths of Emerlahn. The sorcery wielded by the Tiste Edur was born of my will."

This as just occured to me and may be obvoius to every one else but it seems the dragons were actually the ones that made the warrens. I mean Krul is still the conduit and holds the power within him but the dragons used there will to shape them into there aspects. This may be obvious to everyone else but i never knew the dragons played such a big part. I simply assumed that the warrens took the aspect of the dragons and maybe they provided the power forr their aspected warrens (elder god Krul may be be we dont know how powerful they are so likely he needed help.) but now i find out they shaped using there will.

Interesting and likely obvious to evryone else. Sorry

#27 Guest_Ceuningske_*

Posted 26 August 2006 - 02:49 PM

Sir Thursday;109184 said:

I reckon they are the royal line of Edur that Scabby killed to gain control of the Edur.

That was my first thought also

#28 User is offline   Lord of Salvation 

• Fist

Posted 26 August 2006 - 05:01 PM

Do we know if Draconis would go out to challenge Dragons with his newly forged sword, or he did it for a reason?

I cant possibly see Draconis a partner with K'rul killing the Dragons which are aspected to the Warrens which K'rul worked so hard to forge.

I think they have to be soletaken, or the feral ones, because I dont see Rake killing pure dragons either.

#29 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 27 August 2006 - 04:35 PM

Come now, people, if a Dragon stands in Rake, Draconus or any other powerful enough creatures way they will remove that threat... if they can. Neither Rake or the Elder Gods are nice creatures, killing dragons for sport seemed on Kilmandaros mind when she looks up at three and growls at them.

On the subject of Dragons in Dragnipur both Draconus and Rake could have taken them. Say naughty dragons reaking havoc in Emurhlan during the sundering, we hear that Kilmandaros and Rake agreed to protect the place.

If anything Rake shows too much mercy with Dragnipur while Draconus showed no such faults. It has been said that around the time Rake killed Draconus, the EG was doing a lot of horrible things. Collecting dragons to pull his vagon could be one of the things that turned Envy against him.

#30 User is offline   Lord of Salvation 

• Fist

Posted 27 August 2006 - 05:28 PM

collecting dragons to pull his wagon

hmm I dont know if he would think that way, but it is possible. Probably just soletaken or the feral dragons though, no aspected dragons.

#31 Guest_potsherds_*

Posted 27 August 2006 - 05:33 PM

Lord of Salvation said:

collecting dragons to pull his wagon

hmm I dont know if he would think that way, but it is possible. Probably just soletaken or the feral dragons though, no aspected dragons.

Just my unsupported two cents: I always thought of it that way. Seemed the 'rational' thing to do, find some powerful folks to keep that wagon going. EG's, in general, don't seem the merciful and compassionate type.

#32 User is offline   Bloodyrazor 

• Recruit

Posted 28 August 2006 - 12:16 PM

Am I the only one believing the feral dragons being Wyval/Enkaral-whatevernametheygetinthisbook:)

Quote from MT:

Wyval are spawn of the Eleint. They are the mongrels of the dragons, and even the dragons do not control them. They are of the hold yet FERAL.

Seemed an obvious conection to me...

Posted 28 August 2006 - 12:17 PM

good catch :) I'd rep you but you don't have it enabled :)

although I'm not sure they why they would be called feral eleintdragons rather than simply Wyvals :D

#34 User is offline   Bloodyrazor 

• Recruit

Posted 28 August 2006 - 12:25 PM

To make it sound all mysterious i bet:D

#35 User is offline   Lord of Salvation 

• Fist

Posted 28 August 2006 - 01:41 PM

I had thought about that, but for some reason I believed the Feral dragons were more in size to the dragons than the Wyval.

#36 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 28 August 2006 - 03:42 PM

Interesting debate. Jumping back to Telorast and Curdle, they could be two of the wraiths mentioned being bound the the blood, who took on a dragon aspect that Bottle saw and was misled by.

Which begs the question why there are wraiths running around KE, long before the Edur on Leth bound the Andii spirits.

- Abyss, intrigued.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

Posted 28 August 2006 - 04:29 PM

I remember Seren and also Udinaas saying there were wraiths - ancestral kin to the mortal Edur... and then there were the Andii wraiths.

Whats all that about Bottle being misled Abyss?
He thinks they are the shades of dragons yes?

#38 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 28 August 2006 - 05:44 PM

In TB Bottle asks Fiddler or someone why Apsalar is hanging out with two dragon spirits/ghosts (Telorast and Curdle).

I'm wondering whether these are not actually dragon spirits, but wraiths who, through long contact with dragon blood, took on some draconic aspect.

re: Wyvals, the description of the bodies seems to suggest greater size than any ekaral/wyval we've seen, and there's the effect of the blood, which didn't happen when Kalam killed the summoned one in DG, the possessed one in HoC, or when Udi stabbed the invisible one in MT.

I think 'feral' dragon means a dragon not aspected to any warren or aligned with any power. Those six may very well have been killed by the three in the air.

- Abyss, wonders if Ossi and his 2 daughters are candidates.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#39 User is offline   Dolorous Menhir 

• God
  • Group: Wiki Contributor

Posted 28 August 2006 - 05:46 PM

When we first meet Telorast & Curdle, they've taken on the behaviour, language and character of the Tiste Andii corpse near them.

I think Abyss is arguing that, although Bottle identified them as Dragons, they may have picked up this dragon-character by a similar absorption from a dead Dragon.

Note: Telorast and Curdle probably are not the dead dragons, because they say that Kallor feared them, and he lived long after these 6 died at Kilmandaros' hands.

It doesn't eliminate the possibility that T & C interacted with Kallor in their current ghost/spirit/whatever forms though.

Posted 28 August 2006 - 06:42 PM

hmmm... Apsalar muses on their depth of knowledge of Starvald Demelain...
and I do trust Bottle's instincts for creatures etc..

I don't think they have anything to do with the 6 dead dragons in the prologue, but I do think they may be dragon spirits...

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users