• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Reaper's Gale Prologue

#381 User is offline   Wry 

• High Fist
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 07 November 2006 - 04:25 AM

Urko Crust;131822 said:

i think this means she has just been punching alot.
I originally thought KC, but FA just seems to fit. Although is there any evidence that gods resemble their children in any way?

Punching dragons :D
“Arm yourself, Watson, there is an evil hand afoot ahead"

#382 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 09 November 2006 - 05:25 PM

she actually shows Imass facial features with KCCM features along with the typical FA extra joint thing aswell as being as big as couple of toblakai. She could be mother to all those really

#383 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 09 November 2006 - 05:48 PM

Dragons have a 'mother'. So do Tiste. Why shouldn't other Elder races?

Tho' i stick with my theory that some of the races exist due to KC genetic meddling (T3) and/or intrusions from other dimensions (KC, Jaghut).

- Abyss, was impressed with the character the second it was implied she skullpunches dragons for recreation.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#384 User is offline   Dolorous Menhir 

• God
  • Group: Wiki Contributor

Posted 09 November 2006 - 09:27 PM

What KCCM features did Kilmandaros have? I can see Imass & certainly FA in her description, but not KCCM.

#385 User is offline   Locke Reaper 

• Captain
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 10 November 2006 - 07:45 AM

Maybe she has a short stubby tail that was not mentioned, or maybe somebody gave her a fright and she lost it like a lizard. hell if her children are half as ugly as she sounds i'd be frightened too.

Wonder what dad looks like?

#386 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 10 November 2006 - 05:21 PM

Dolorous Menhir;133201 said:

What KCCM features did Kilmandaros have? I can see Imass & certainly FA in her description, but not KCCM.

I actually dont know lol. Just someone mentioned she did and i err kinda borrowed it for my point :D

#387 User is offline   The Rope 

• Fist

Posted 11 November 2006 - 04:05 AM

im preparing for the possibility that its a group we know nothing about yet...

#388 User is offline   Urko Crust 

• Lieutenant

Posted 12 November 2006 - 12:38 AM

I thought the description of her was similar to the description of the KCCM Matron, the pebbled lizardlike skin

#389 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 18 November 2006 - 11:46 AM

Reason why Simeon is stupid #532.

I only just realised this thread was here... :D

Thanks Patch, you are a legend!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#390 User is offline   Monoch Ochem 

• First Sword

Posted 23 November 2006 - 04:22 PM

Bumped into TS on the IM and discovered the Prologue was out!!!!!

OK, with all due sobriety, thank you Kallor (even using your correct name today).

Interesting read. So the grey Swords seem to be on Lether and seem to have come under fire. Who do you reckon the woman was that the red-masked stranger examined? The Destriant perhaps? Since she was damaged by mage-fire, it would appear that it was some sorcerous battle. All those Barghast boats....so who else is on Lether? And what about new arrivals? Know where this is heading right???

Yup: conflagration! What, where who, how and WHEN??????
"We greet you Jaghut."

#391 User is offline   Xaspian 

• Sergeant

Posted 23 November 2006 - 07:48 PM

Woman? That would put an interesting new perspective on things. Although, he is refered to as 'he' several times...

#392 User is offline   Lister of Smeg 

• King of High House Smeg

Posted 23 November 2006 - 07:53 PM

The woman Monoch Ochem was referring to was one of the corpses that Redmask investigates. It does seem like she was a magic user, as Redmask doesn't mention any magical wounds on the others. Probably was the Destriant, therefore. And if it is, I really hope that this band isn't Toc's lot of Grey Swords, because I like his Destriant.
Avoid being seen as racist by saying, "I'm not a racist, but ..." prior to making a racist comment.

#393 User is offline   Xaspian 

• Sergeant

Posted 23 November 2006 - 09:31 PM

My signature covers me in situations like that...

Thanks for the clarification, though.

#394 User is offline   Monoch Ochem 

• First Sword

Posted 28 November 2006 - 12:43 PM

Iarwain: Hi there! don't sweat the errors...they're fun!

Indeed Lister...the context suggests that she was targeted and the magefire is usually targeted at magic-users first and foremost. Of course, this need not necessarily have been the case. Maybe she was the commander and their attackers sought to cause confusion by taking out the squad's command.

But this is intriguing...500,000 people possibly landed on Lether. Likely so, given the number of ships used. And let's face it, some pretty powerful sorcery must have been in play to land them there....the Barghast gods? Togg and Fanderay via the Grey Swords?

And where-o-where is that enkaral/toblakai who was at the bottom of the well??? Can't wait to see him in action!
"We greet you Jaghut."

#395 User is offline   Izingad 

• Recruit

Posted 30 November 2006 - 11:44 PM

The toblakai that Kalam found? Random. What book was that (I hate that I can't remember!)?

Logistically its impossible that no one would see them; that is to say that at least one person on the continent would discover the landing (someone other than they whom fell blades-The Drene).

"The Drene legions had taken away their dead, leaving naught but their victims to feed the grasses of the plain. The morning’s frost still mapped glistening patterns on death-dark skin, but the melt had already begun, and it seemed to him that these dead soldiers now wept, from stilled faces, from open eyes, from mortal wounds."

Regardless, it wouldn't be much of a step then to say that they had help or that someone knew they were coming. Perhaps the Onyx Wizards, aka: The Tiste Andii. Sorcery isn't necessarily involved...but then when is it ever absent? But to catch my ramblings from falling over the edge of idiocy -would the Andii help the children/worshippers of the Togg and Fanderay? Me thinks that even this wouldn't jar the dusty doldrums from their despondency.

#396 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 01 December 2006 - 07:07 AM

Izingad;140112 said:

The toblakai that Kalam found? Random. What book was that (I hate that I can't remember!)?

Their talking about the demon possesed body of a huge TTT lying on the bottom of a well in House of Chains.

Kalam stabs the TTT in the chest and free's the demons spirit. An Enkaral bull, a huge lizardbird/small dragon thing, drinks the water and it's soul changes places with the demon in the TTT.

At the end of the book, the confused creature maybe still in the form of the TTT (can't remember) is chosen as a guardian of The Beast Hold by TnF.

---------

To those of you who just stumbled upon the reapers gale section, try looking back through this thread and look at the dozen of other pages for all the speculations about the canoes, the secret army, the redmasked guy, etc.

Its been discussed to infinity, personally it does my head in since none of the theories IMO actually make sense, they are just approximations.

#397 User is offline   Monoch Ochem 

• First Sword

Posted 01 December 2006 - 12:09 PM

I don't think the Onxy Wizards exist anymore Izingad. Weren't they eliminated by Lether's conquest?

You know, when I think about it, Lether really is despicable. I think that the reason I was so removed from this fact when I read MT was because I was so taken up with the personalities...how the First concubine loved that dozy king; how Preda Unutal Hebaz seemed so noble and admired Brys; and, of course the death of the Ceda caused me intractable grief (don't think I've ever read any novel that affected me so much). But they were all agents of a brutal and ruthless empire. Queen Janall and her brat were just more visible representations.

Now the faces have changed and it seems their about their usual business of opression. Here we see the Drene at it.
"We greet you Jaghut."

#398 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 02 December 2006 - 11:56 PM

I guess I need to get around to reading that thing don't I...
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#399 User is offline   Izingad 

• Recruit

Posted 03 December 2006 - 07:32 PM

Ok Apt. What do you want to talk about?

As for the Onyx Wizards, I think they were beaten and assimilated by Lether but still survive. There is mention, by Ahlrada Ahn, that there is a presence of Andii still in Lether (BH).

#400 User is offline   Monoch Ochem 

• First Sword

Posted 06 December 2006 - 11:38 AM

Get 'round to reading what TS?

There's the Blue Rose Izingad..they're Andii/mixed-Andii so that's probably who. but I think the Council of the Onyx Wizards was eradicated. Believe it says so in Midnight Tides. I'd imagine Lether's response to them would have been 'absolute'.
"We greet you Jaghut."

Share this topic:

• 26 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

8 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users