Sp... sp.... spo... sport!!!

#501 User is offline   Malarion 

• Malarion
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Reading...writing...drinking

Posted 24 June 2004 - 10:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Falco:
That was just so tight, for crying out loud. I feel sorry for the English that it had to end that way.

I'm not. Posted Image

quote:
I don't think Campbell's goal should have been disallowed, because Terry was cynically fouling the goalkeeper on purpose.

Eh? That made no sense. If he was cynically fouling the goalkeeper on purpose then it is a foul. Anyway, it doesn't have to be on purpose. Its a foul even if he doesn't mean to do it. A late tackle is.
Actually, when I first saw this goal I thought it was harshly disallowed. Later, when watching a replay, Terry was holding down the goalie. I think Campbell would probably have still scored, but blame Terry, not the referee. Terry made it an easy decision for him.

The shoot-out at the end was a laugh. Beckham's miss was awful, as was Rui Costas. But that mis-kick by the second-last Portugese kicker that bobbled over the line was hilarious. Not to mention the goalie saving Vassel's shot (I feel sorry for him, he was unlucky), and then saying "bugger it" and slotting away a nice penaly straight after.That was class.
Anyway, England's kicking was terrible. After Beckhams miss, the next 2 or three were straight down the middle. They were lucky to score. I noticed before it all started that the England players were bottling it. Deco was very calm.

Anyway, the better footballing team won, and thats enough for me. C'mon the Czechs.
Grumpy is only my middle name.

#502 Guest_Fingon_*

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 05 August 2004 - 10:24 AM

Toyota have sacked Cristiano Da Matta, and replaced him with Ricardo Zonta. I know Zonta has set impressive practice times but Da Matta was keeping pace with Panis, and after all he is a former CART champion, so he has a proven track (i know its a bad pun but i couldnt resist) record.

#503 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 15 January 2005 - 12:53 AM

Except Morientes is a bit of a good prospect. But we'll still have em Posted Image
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#504 User is offline   Fist Gamet 

• Mortal Sword
  • Interests:Writing, reading, writing, climbing, writing, scuba diving and writing (not at the same time)

Posted 30 September 2004 - 08:27 AM

*sob* The Pain! The Agony! *sob* Mugged in the last two minutes! *sob* gave Milan a roasting in their own backyard! *sob* Arghhhhhhh!
Victory is mine!

#505 User is offline   Fist Gamet 

• Mortal Sword
  • Interests:Writing, reading, writing, climbing, writing, scuba diving and writing (not at the same time)

Posted 18 June 2004 - 09:45 AM

Posted Image Sorry Lord G, was only kidding, just the standard Scots response...

Okay, Bulgaria V Denmark might have been a crap game, but, ONCE AGAIN, shocking referreeing has put an end to any chance it had of being interesting. Missing that blatant trip at the edge of the box and then booking Stilian Petrov for protesting a minute later, which, as the Captain he is entitled to do, but a combination of wee upstart dictators and crappy UEFA directives has turned this Tournament into a farce.

PS - The BBC1 commentators for this game are a disgrace, rarely have I heard such pigheaded, arrogant, disrespectful bile. It is people like them that turn us all off watching England games.

BAH!
Victory is mine!

#506 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 04 April 2005 - 03:31 PM

I was watching the newcastle match live. Took a few checks to realise quite what was happening. Sourness is obviously siding with Dyer, though that could be because he's far more popular with the fans than Bowyer...

Heart of Midlothian, they're a quality team, mustn't be underestimatedPosted Image I see they're playing each other again in the Scottish Cup next weekend. A chance for revenge maybe, but that match could well have handed Rangers the SPL title on a plate... the top two don't drop many points.
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#507 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 14 October 2004 - 01:12 PM

iirc someone mumbled something about a possible offer for him from Manu... can't say I'm sure about that but it would be nice, I would be able to like Manu then Posted Image
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#508 User is offline   Orfantal 

• First Sword

Posted 15 November 2004 - 02:00 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Brynjar:
quote:
Originally posted by Orfantal:
Baros - world class player for Czech republic, maybe - for Liverpool perhaps not.

eh? what was that? a hattrick? from this nonworldclass player? it can't be!

I lover you baros! I wanna have your children!

I take it all back - definately world class - Olympic medal for diving Posted Image Posted Image. Two penalties for Liverpool - surely not

#509 User is offline   Satan 

• Hunting for love

Posted 17 July 2004 - 12:14 AM

they were talking about dietmar hamann some time ago. but he might try to fight for his place in liverpool and the manager might use some time to decide. so it may be too late for barca.

but what do you think of Patrick Kluivert's supposedly transfere to newcastle? that man is pure class in my oppinion, but will he go on well with shearer?
Legalise drugs! And murder!

#510 User is offline   Satan 

• Hunting for love

Posted 15 September 2004 - 02:01 PM

you guys suck! now I have to doubble post..

but that's alright. I'm just a little bundle of joy today. caused by that big bundle of pure control from liverpool. I love rafael benítes. he is a sexy man.

#511 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 19 November 2004 - 05:59 AM

Well, the football only lasted about 15 minutes, then it just decended into a farce. However, FIFA seriously need to come down hard on the Spanish FA for that disgusting show of Racism. London complained beforehand about Madrid advertising its bid for the 2012 Olympics at the match, but by doing so the spaniards have ruled themselves out of the race completely to host it, the IOC couldn't possibly contemplate the chance of racist chanting at the Olympics.

But yes, abysmal performance by England. Mind you, at least we didn't loose 4-1Posted Image
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#512 User is offline   Satan 

• Hunting for love

Posted 16 September 2004 - 05:46 AM

was he that bad in the lyon game? whatever I've seen of manure, he's been pretty darn good.

but anyway, you might brag all you want about your win ratio with rio on your team, but noone comes back from an eight months break at their peak form. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I actually have hopes for this match. and for this season.

#513 User is offline   Lord Gordonis 

• Pursuivant of TQB

Posted 06 December 2004 - 01:23 AM

yep Man utd won again 3-0 against the saints, in the fa cup?? man utd have got exeter city in the 3rd round

#514 Guest_Falco_*

Posted 01 February 2005 - 08:45 PM

Phwoar! It was on for young and old at Highbury, but Ronaldo drew us up from 2-1 behind to smack the Arse 4-2. I like our form more and more going into Europe, the hiccup against Chelski in the League Cup notwithstanding. The league is probably, if not mathematically, out of our reach, so its either the FA Cup again or success in Europe if we don't want a trophyless year...

#515 Guest_Falco_*

Posted 20 October 2004 - 04:10 PM

Watched the Barca-Milan match today. What a fizzler- can't wait till the knock-out stages start. Ranieri in some trouble after Valencia lost 5-1 at home to Inter, while Arsenal are still useless in Europe only drawing 2-2 with Greek 'giants' Panathanaikos. Although I can't talk, with ManU's bad form continuing with a 0-0 draw with Sparta Prague.

Big, big, big match this weekend. Gunners, we're gonna break that run this weekend- ROOOOOOONEYYYYYY...

#516 Guest_Falco_*

Posted 14 January 2005 - 11:09 PM

Yeah, how much does this remind you of Houllier and the dodgy Frenchmen he kept buying...Gregory Vignal and Bruno Cheyrou= Antonio Nunez and Josemi?

#517 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 11 October 2004 - 09:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Falco:
Speaking of Brazil- they are so gonna win the WC in 2006. They won 5-2 in their qualifier against Venzeuela, with AC Milan star Kaka scoring two, Ronaldo scoring two and Inter Milan star (and the next Ronaldo) Adriano scoring as well. Oh, and I believe someone called Ronaldinho had a pretty good game too...

Samba Kings to win it in 2006. You heard it here first, from me Posted Image

Posted Image
"someone calle Ronaldinho"???? he's the freakin' best of them!!!
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#518 Guest_vartan_*

Posted 31 January 2005 - 12:32 PM

Anja Pärson!! YES, she did it again!!!

#519 User is offline   Satan 

• Hunting for love

Posted 21 October 2004 - 03:44 AM

hyypia has slavic blood? hmh. didn't know that...

#520 User is offline   Satan 

• Hunting for love

Posted 30 August 2004 - 12:25 PM

@gordonis: my jaw literally dropped when I read that. to give a guy the boot after just four games is just ridicules.

Share this topic:

• 50 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

20 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 20 guests, 0 anonymous users