• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sp... sp.... spo... sport!!!

#541 Guest_Falco_*

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 24 September 2004 - 05:26 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Mezla PigDog:
Have you ever been to the UK and been to Old Trafford Falco? Highly recommended.

Its one of my life's goals to see ManU live at OT- first thing on my first trip to Europe will be be attending the Theatre of Dreams (yeah, I know its pretentious) on match night. Oh, even watching the pitiful telecasts down here in Melbourne is enough to get the heart racing.

Ohhh, you are so deluded Brood- Ronaldo is arguably the best winger in the world at the moment on form, and you better hope that Fergie decides to rest him. Santini may well play everyone behind the ball, but we have players more capable of breaking down defences than Chelski and the fact that our 2nd team (missing were RVN, Ferdinand, Brown, Ronaldo and Scholes) lost to them early in the season is of no particular concern to me.

Watch, come a day or two I'll be gloating over you like I was gloating over Bryn Posted Image

#542 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 21 October 2004 - 01:18 PM

you're worse than Middlesboroughoguhtough, you lot arePosted Image
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#543 User is offline   kettle 

• Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 20 June 2004 - 01:16 PM

@ LG, he (jensen) retired with a gearbox problem Posted Image

Have to agree with Fingon, what a race it was Posted Image, Williams have said Ralph escaped his huge accident uninjured thankfully, poor Sato, (someone needs to pull their socks up at BAR), still he was happy with his podium finish, though I think he had the car today to do better maybe even challenge for the win, Williams getting it wrong again with Montoya, what is happenong to that team? still both McLarens scored valuable points and well done to Minardis Baumgartner Posted Image even though only 8 cars finished the race Posted Image

#544 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 26 June 2004 - 01:48 PM

yeah, noticed. so it's a tie - you won yesterday. for now you're through though - you've won better with Japan...
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#545 User is offline   Satan 

• Hunting for love

Posted 14 October 2004 - 12:39 PM

I'm actually with gothos on this one; carlos isn't the best left back in the world. the things I think he's got going for him is his stamina and offensive support (he's practically a left wing most of the time). and no, I won't include his shot into his qualities. if you look at the statistics, the man only hits the goal once for every million shots he makes. in other words: there's no finesse here, only power.

and the world cup is two years away. a lot of things can happen 'till then. the brazilian backline isn't the youngest in the world. so if any of them gets a serious injury, it could be the end of them.

now dudek looks to be a little problem in the future. seems like he's got the liverpool/nintendo curse over him, and he's being replaced by kirkland (which should have been the english goalie now if not for all those injuries). and it looks like liverpools got another keeper prodigy comming up the ranks at the academy. he's only 18 (17?) and he's already replaced the 3rd keeper (luci). I hope we'll be seing more of him next season.
Legalise drugs! And murder!

#546 User is offline   Mulch 

• Fist

Posted 21 October 2004 - 05:26 AM

I think we'll start with Bellamy and Shearer up front, they're both fit.

Dyer is no loss, he's way over-rated. Bellamy is a handfull for opposition but not as good as Kluivert, with luck we'll either get decent money for him or he'll be there for the next two seasons.

Even if he goes Milner can fill his boots easily enough
"Here's to beer!, the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems" Homer Simpson

#547 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 24 September 2004 - 05:06 AM

Have you ever been to the UK and been to Old Trafford Falco? Highly recommended. First time i saw them they lost to Derby flippin County and i thought i was a jinx but it got better after that! Don't get to see them much nowadays since i moved from Manchester.....boo hoo!
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#548 Guest__*

Posted 12 June 2004 - 02:35 PM

Bah! Missed it again!!! FFS! Was my own fault thought this time, I remembered but was playing AVP2 for too long Posted Image. DOH!!! Any Good highlights? And whats the Grid look like? It's the Canadian Grandprix, correct?

#549 User is offline   Tremolo 

• High Fist

Posted 23 June 2004 - 05:58 AM

LOL! The door to the danish consoulate in Milan, Italy was egged last night...those italians must be a bit frustrated me thinks Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
'We all have nukes, and we all know how to dance'

#550 Guest_Falco_*

Posted 13 November 2004 - 06:20 AM

@Pale: see my EDIT above...everyone pay out Broody now... Posted Image

#551 Guest_Buck Tooth_*

Posted 20 October 2004 - 05:06 AM

Liverpool are absolutely awful at the moment. Fulham decided to give them a game as a present in pity over the weekend and last night a Depor. team with an average age of 98 prob. should have won the game. Kewell's a waste of space on the left, Hyypia's lost it in defence and Cisse and Baros cannot play together up front. Benitez needs money and to get rid of players.

#552 Guest_Falco_*

Posted 24 September 2004 - 05:39 AM

OK, the talk has been talked- now its time for the teams to walk the walk. You just thank your luck that Rooney isn't ready to make his ManU debut- then there would be really no chance at all...

#553 User is offline   Satan 

• Hunting for love

Posted 29 July 2004 - 12:21 PM

http://www.thefa.com/

I didn't like it (no orginized overview over the teams), but might as well be as good as any other. but I think you should take your time in learning to love the game, and each team. you're starting with completely clean sheets, so just follow your heart to your favourite team (not like me who was born with a liverpool heart).

#554 Guest_Pale Remnants_*

Posted 11 November 2004 - 01:03 PM

Actually I hope to see the Kids play...at least they seem to score these days.Ho hum.

#555 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 22 June 2004 - 07:14 AM

Henman through the first round after an early scare... thank godPosted Image
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#556 User is offline   Satan 

• Hunting for love

Posted 14 November 2004 - 04:30 AM

not if he was playing for any team I support. I'm a curse, you see?

#557 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 14 January 2005 - 09:48 AM

Giggsy's gonna teach them scousers a footballing lesson .... if he passes his fitness test anyway! Not that they're very scouse anymore, more Spaniards than Real Madrid.
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#558 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 09 September 2004 - 01:06 AM

quote:
Wayne Bridge is now Englands best crosser of the ball

very worrying...

on the other hand, even galacticos are allowed patches of bad form once or twice in their careersPosted Image

#559 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 23 June 2004 - 03:58 AM

@Ashnak - well, if they did that (changing results) at every time like they should, Italy wouldn't win a single game... nor would South Korea and Japan in the 2002 WC... and some other teams, like France and Portugal, would be tackled. so, the main UEFA stars wouldn't be pleased...

anyways, Sweden could have done all that to have a 2-2 draw, I also have a feeling that they lost to Latvia on purpose in the qualifying round so that we don't get into the E2004 fun. but that's no explanation for anyone: if Italy (or we) won the matches they should, nobody would be able to take away their success. don't talk, just play.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#560 User is offline   kettle 

• Fist

Posted 10 July 2004 - 01:55 PM

I think that if Schummi had square wheels he would still win Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 50 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

17 User(s) are reading this topic