• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sp... sp.... spo... sport!!!

#101 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 13 August 2004 - 09:00 AM

well, in Real's place, I'd let Morientes play more than as a substitute...
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#102 User is offline   Fist Gamet 

• Mortal Sword
  • Interests:Writing, reading, writing, climbing, writing, scuba diving and writing (not at the same time)

Posted 13 June 2004 - 07:16 AM

Me-thinks that if the French play to their best tonight, England could be in for a good seeing to. I will bet 100 Malazan pounds (*not real money) on a French win.

VIVE LA FRANCE!
Victory is mine!

#103 User is offline   Satan 

• Hunting for love

Posted 13 July 2004 - 02:18 AM

chess?
Legalise drugs! And murder!

#104 Guest_Ashnak_*

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 30 June 2004 - 01:36 PM

so, portugal first team in the final... let's see if the greeks can cause any further uspets tomorrow...

#105 Guest_Falco_*

Posted 25 June 2004 - 10:06 PM

@Mal: Dammit, I mean't wasn't, not was...

Oh yes baby, come on the Dutch. All the big teams are getting knocked out, this tournaments is really opening up- odds on for Portugal to win at home now, surely?

#106 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 23 June 2004 - 07:37 AM

Posted Image

one headline I loved:
quote:
LEGO - Ikea 2:2

Posted Image
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#107 Guest_Edge_*

Posted 02 January 2005 - 10:20 AM

The worst of it was Riley putting the whistle up to his mouth to blow for a penalty and then changing his mind. Posted Image

Worst ...referee...ever.

And now Alonso is out for at least six weeks. Posted Image

#108 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 16 June 2004 - 01:06 PM

well, iirc, Spain can remember that match with Korea as a bad experience... nobody likes cheating referees

as an anegdote, in volleyball, our team got eliminated in Argentina in the World Championships BY Argentine a year or two ago, thanks to a great deal of help from the referees. thankfully, after our intervention, those referees are now unemployed...

#109 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 29 September 2004 - 12:13 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Brynjar:
3-0 to us who?

3-0 to us Man Utd!

I don't like to succumb to peer pressure or sound like something of a lout but may i just say: ROONEY!! ROONEY!! ROONEY!!
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#110 Guest_Falco_*

Posted 10 September 2004 - 04:46 AM

Yeah, now that we have Cristiano Ronaldo, that statement is not that ridiculous. The next Figo, and he plays in a red Mancunian shirt...

Anyway, more injury problems for us against Bolton- O'Shea is injured, as Gary Neville and Louis Saha with Ferdinand days away now, and with Brown out too, not to mention Rooney and Van the Man. What have we done to deserve this??? Posted Image

#111 User is offline   MagnanimousOne 

• Corporal

Posted 29 July 2004 - 12:06 PM

Thanks for the help guys. BTW, funny how Morningstar and Brynjar answered at the same time and said basically the same thing.

I think I get English Premier and Champions but I'm not sure if I get Spanish Primera - I'll have to check it out.

Know any good websites to read up on the English Premiership?

#112 User is offline   Satan 

• Hunting for love

Posted 20 August 2004 - 06:14 AM

you've got to be ****ting me!? what happens to my woodgate on the fantasy football team now?

and yes, falco, I have noticed the singlemindedness of our new manager. does worry me quite a bit.

feck! looks like forlans leaving manure. who are we to laugh at now?

#113 User is offline   Satan 

• Hunting for love

Posted 26 July 2004 - 02:48 AM

wouldn't that be a shame. I find it really inspiring that someone could excell as he does in a thing.

#114 Guest_LooseCannon_*

Posted 13 June 2004 - 12:44 PM

Hmm, and when is Poland's first match?

#115 User is offline   Lord Gordonis 

• Pursuivant of TQB
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 25 September 2004 - 11:16 AM

it was 1-0 to Man UTD hurrah at last we got successive wins just need to ARSE and chleski to lose all season now lol

#116 User is offline   Farad 

• Fist

Posted 15 June 2004 - 08:49 AM

half time latvia 1 - Czech Republic 0

go latvia go

#117 Guest_Fingon_*

Posted 11 July 2004 - 06:09 AM

Well, bowl me over with a feathter, he won again. Still, it was a good race, well done Kimi and well done McLaren on their resurgance Posted Image . Luckily Trulli is ok, that was quite a big shunt. It is a worrying thing for the suspension to fail suddenly, luckily he didnt go head on into the tyres which would have been a more sudden decelaration. I cant help thinking though if the Jag and Toyota werent in fornt of Kimi, maybe he would have got a tow on Michael after the SC went off?

#118 Guest_Buck Tooth_*

Posted 21 October 2004 - 05:20 AM

@Mulch: Yeah should be an easy win for the Toon. Reckon Bellamy'll play? I've got my doubts. Looks like he and Dyer are off come january. Not bothered by Dyer leaving but when bellamy's up for it he can be an absolute nightmare for the opposition. And if any of you Liverpool fans think that you shouldn't sell Biscan, Diao or Traore then you're all obviously on drugs.

#119 User is offline   Fist Gamet 

• Mortal Sword
  • Interests:Writing, reading, writing, climbing, writing, scuba diving and writing (not at the same time)

Posted 16 June 2004 - 11:53 AM

Posted ImageOkay, so perhaps Gothos went a little overboard in his rant, but it was a shocking decision. In such cases, if there is any doubt that he handled then the keeper should get the benefit of the doubt, but, what makes it worse is the extent he went to to actually avoid touching the ball the his hands. Ruined the game. The time has long since come for instant video reply refereeing in thse big tournaments.
Victory is mine!

#120 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 19 June 2004 - 02:49 PM

I was laughing out loud today at the germans. LOL! 0-0 with Latvia Posted Image

but Czech Rep. - Holland was the best game on the championships so far. brilliant! 4' 1:0 Holland. 19' 2:0 Holland... and they lost 2:3! YAY! GO CZECHS!!! and that shot from 30 meters by Nedved... friggin' awesome! 5 centimeters lower and it'd be the best goal of the championships. bity, only the bar.

I think we can safely say that it's Sweden or Czech Rep. to win Euro 2004 (counted without the referee interference)

Share this topic:

• 50 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

19 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 19 guests, 0 anonymous users