• I am not yet done

Posted 05 June 2006 - 06:00 PM

What 'bout this?...

http://www.planet-f1.com/News/Story_Page/0...1257630,00.html
And one by one the gardens died

#202 Guest_BAD_*

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 05 June 2006 - 06:40 PM

Points me into thinking of "Team Orders". . .

#203 User is offline   Folken 

• Never throw your life away so easily
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 05 June 2006 - 07:41 PM

Well perhaps now that Fernando is pretty much assured the World Championship, Renault will follow suite on their past and start to give Fisi all of the upgrades and make him do most of the testing. So said article is really of no big surprise as such a reaction is expected from Renault. The out-going driver is always given the lesser machinery.
<div align='center'>You must always strive to be the best, but you must never believe that you are - Juan Manuel Fangio</div>

#204 User is offline   Called-by-the-Voices 

• High Fist
  • I am not yet done

Posted 05 June 2006 - 07:45 PM

Jen said:

Well perhaps now that Fernando is pretty much assured the World Championship, Renault will follow suite on their past and start to give Fisi all of the upgrades and make him do most of the testing. So said article is really of no big surprise as such a reaction is expected from Renault. The out-going driver is always given the lesser machinery.

Well, I wouldn't be so sure about the Champs... 22 points gap? Yeah, but 10 more races to go... Two mistakes from Fernando and Michael is right there, with only 2 points down...

I doubt they would favor Fisico----:placate:

#205 User is offline   Kallor 

• First Sword

Posted 05 June 2006 - 07:59 PM

it's not that jenson can't drive an f1 car...he's simply not a racer. he doesn't think like the fighter he has to be in a race against the likes of alonso, schumacher senior and raikkonen (sp). his 'confidence' can only be maufactured by his handlers (and we all know how many mistakes they've made before)...to be blunt, i cannot see jenson button ever winning a grand prix, let alone a world championship.

#206 User is offline   Folken 

Posted 05 June 2006 - 09:14 PM

I give you simple examples of Canada last year I think it was...when Michael pressured him into a mistake some 3 car lengths away lol and even at Monaco..if he was as good racer he would've kept Michael behind the entire race. You dont see Kimi or Fernando giving way. Michael couldn't get past Alonso at Imola yet he managed to pass Button at MONACO...lol

As for the Championship...I don't expect Alonso to make a mistake. You don't give a good driver a 20point lead and then expect them to just squander it. Although if people were to crash into him as happened with Michael in 2000 id say we'd be in for a good battle. But other than that, Alonso is pretty much assured of the World Championship.
<div align='center'>You must always strive to be the best, but you must never believe that you are - Juan Manuel Fangio</div>

#207 User is offline   Called-by-the-Voices 

• High Fist
  • I am not yet done

Posted 06 June 2006 - 09:03 AM

Jen said:

I give you simple examples of Canada last year I think it was...when Michael pressured him into a mistake some 3 car lengths away lol and even at Monaco..if he was as good racer he would've kept Michael behind the entire race. You dont see Kimi or Fernando giving way. Michael couldn't get past Alonso at Imola yet he managed to pass Button at MONACO...lol

As for the Championship...I don't expect Alonso to make a mistake. You don't give a good driver a 20point lead and then expect them to just squander it. Although if people were to crash into him as happened with Michael in 2000 id say we'd be in for a good battle. But other than that, Alonso is pretty much assured of the World Championship.

GOD BLESS YOUR WORDS! ! :wave:
:(
NO, really, Jensonis miles away from Schumi/Kimi/Alonso... He's just too conservative... Or, to put it this way: He's just too slow!
I'm looking forward to Rubens kicking his ass this season... ;)

#208 User is offline   kettle 

• Fist

Posted 07 June 2006 - 08:36 AM

Have to agree with you about Alonso, it's a pity as I was hoping for closer racing and a fight for the championship, it's a shame the other teams can't be like Renault and have reliable cars from the off set, just think what Kimi could have achieved if the McLaren had been in tip top condition! and Ferrari, but a lot of that is down to the tyres. well we can only hope Renault develop some realiability issues or something :(...

it seems Williams have done a deal with Toyota for their engines from next year even though they (williams) say they were happy with the Cosworth engine...

#209 Guest_BAD_*

Posted 07 June 2006 - 01:07 PM

It's gonna be one tyre company supplying the tyres next year right?

#210 User is offline   Folken 

Posted 07 June 2006 - 01:53 PM

Aye giving Ferrari the edge over its rivals;) That is exactly why I feel Michael should stay back. As for Kimi I would love it if he joined Ferrari...but anyone else here think it'd be bad for his reputation? If Michael owns Kimi than his rep will be positively ruined and if its the other way around...well there isn't much left now is there (bastards...haters I tell you HATERS)

As for Mclaren well...had they been reliable Kimi would've been a 2 times WC by now and Alonso would not be the next great legend in the making that people are touting him as. He is just in the best car and has a crap load of luck as Michael had these past few years. He still has to prove himself in lesser machinery. Hopefully next year at Mclaren we'll be able to see that, the lose of Adrian will, no matter what they say, devastating to the team.

#211 User is offline   Folken 

Posted 10 June 2006 - 05:26 PM

:eek::)

But on Button:banana: :banana:

#212 User is offline   kettle 

• Fist

Posted 12 June 2006 - 11:55 AM

well that wasn't exactly the best race I've ever seen! another race dominated by Alonso and Ferrari trailing behind because of the tyres again! though Schumacher did manage to pass Kimi in the final pit stop for second place. Poor Kimi, the car seemed good in qualifying and in the first half of the race, then he “lost the rear end a little bit at the end of the race” and seemed to be going backwards, hell even Fisi was starting to catch him towards the end :) I just hope were not going to have an Alonso whitewash this year, though hopefully the next two races in Canada and the USA will suit the Ferrari more and give them an edge over Renault.
well what can I say about Button....that must be the worst Qualifying in a home grand prix I've ever seen :) he got outqualified by Barrichello for the fourth time in a row, then had a dismal race and a massive engine failure...might have been better if he'd stayed in bed over the weekend :) at least then the commentators might have shut up going on about how wonderful he was for a while!!
it was a good preformance by the two BMW's they both scored points on their own merits and not because some front runners had fallen out of the race, here's hoping the keep up the good work, especialy Jaques, being married seems to have done him the world of good :)

#213 Guest_Lily_*

Posted 12 June 2006 - 12:15 PM

I do not like Renault even if it is french and I do not like Alonso and Kimi , even if he is a good driver he will never really get into history , is what I think Posted Image

Villeneuve , this guy , can't like him , dunno why but I find him ... Moralist . Coulthard is funny but poor man ...

Hi hi hi I am a huge fan of Michael and I love him , he is not really honest and that's sooo cool Posted Image

Soon it is in France !

#214 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 12 June 2006 - 12:36 PM

That was a bit of a predictable race, although that says a lot about the improvement - two years ago we'd probably have been raving about it.

I'd have loved to have seen the look on Kimi's face when Schumacher pulled out that far in front of him though...
I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you.

#215 User is offline   Folken 

Posted 12 June 2006 - 04:02 PM

well the most interesting bit was at the start when Kimi and Michael did some wheel to wheel racing for...1 corner...at which point I don't think ppll would've blamed me had i turned off the TV and gone back to bed

And not true...2 years ago we had a similar race, but what people fail to remember is that behind Michael there was actual motor racing going on. Remove Michael from the equation and the last 5years were bloody fabulous...mind you I enjoyed the last 5years in anycase what with the showers of glory and praise and what not. But still behind him lots of racing, because all the cars were evenly matched...or well okay fine the tyres were evenly matched. These days, with all these kagillion rule changes only Renault seemed to have gotten it right with their tyre supplier.

#216 Guest_BAD_*

Posted 12 June 2006 - 04:07 PM

They need to move the British Grand Prix to Brands Hatch (however it's spelt). Anything has to be more interesting than SIlverstone. I don't care about roots and traditions.

#217 User is offline   kettle 

• Fist

Posted 21 June 2006 - 08:28 PM

anyone got a spare couple of grand stuck under the floor boards? well if you have will you buy me this please :)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Formula-1-Legends-au...1QQcmdZViewItem

#218 Guest_BAD_*

Posted 21 June 2006 - 08:49 PM

I have in excess of that lying around doing nothing. But I'm not idiot enough to buy it. :)

#219 User is offline   Folken 

Posted 21 June 2006 - 10:23 PM

they're less than 12hours away from me...12hrz...12hrz...this happens every year. Every year its 12hours away and every year im dirt poor *sigh* Hopefully God signs that extension for the next two years and I get a decent job and thus be able to save up a good 2000 Canadian and experience F1 to the fullest. Parents have actually said they'll cough up the cash, but naturally it'll all be u know minimum stuff...I'd rather go to my first grand prix experience the high life
yes indeed yes indeed
...12hrz...away...12hrz away...*wails*

#220 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 22 June 2006 - 07:17 AM

I bought 42 inch lc, hd compatible widescreen.. So, for the money you will spend on that, I can watch the f1 -not that I will mind you- and get a better view than you ever will :)
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

Share this topic:

• 19 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

9 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users