• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Formula One - BEWARE of rabid Schumacher fan

#321 User is offline   Folken 

• Never throw your life away so easily
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 30 August 2006 - 12:51 PM

see that just goes to show you didnt even watch the race.
He was nowhere to be found in the middle part of the race, where as the last 10laps her was right behind Alonso. Not that I expected to pass him, its not going to happen. To pass Alonso, Kimi & Michael you need to have unordinary circumstances or they need to have a car with really next to no grip (As kimi did in Canada and Michael at Hungary)...*sigh* w/e...lol
<div align='center'>You must always strive to be the best, but you must never believe that you are - Juan Manuel Fangio</div>

#322 User is offline   Called-by-the-Voices 

• High Fist
  • I am not yet done

Posted 31 August 2006 - 10:11 AM

I did watch the race, mind you...
Tell me, do you get points for where were you in the middle part of the race, or in the end? :)
And one by one the gardens died

#323 User is offline   Called-by-the-Voices 

• High Fist
  • I am not yet done

Posted 31 August 2006 - 10:40 AM

just another thing- http://www.f1racing....p?newsID=128522

#324 Guest_Lily_*

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 31 August 2006 - 11:22 AM

How I dislike Alonso ... Really I find him so boring ... If Michael leave , I will rarely watch Formula One , I like Ralf Schumacher but we do not see him a lot and Kimi bores me . I like Massa but ...

Pffff Formule One without Michael Schumacher will be fade , he said he'll tell in Monza next week-end

#325 User is offline   Folken 

Posted 31 August 2006 - 02:31 PM

What do you want me to do about that? Go down on my knees and say all hail alonso? That doesn't come as surprise to me, Alonso is a good driver...no an awesome driver. This is the 2nd time hes taken 2nd place when he really should've finished 3rd. Such things are expected of him.

And...you fail to miss my point in post...but w/e I have no time:p
<div align='center'>You must always strive to be the best, but you must never believe that you are - Juan Manuel Fangio</div>

#326 Guest_Lily_*

Posted 01 September 2006 - 12:50 PM

I fail so much things Posted Image

We'll see in Monza

#327 User is offline   Folken 

Posted 01 September 2006 - 01:23 PM

Not you lily...you're a Schumacher fan:p

I was refering to Called

#328 Guest_Lily_*

Posted 01 September 2006 - 01:39 PM

Jen said:

Not you lily...you're a Schumacher fan:p

I was refering to Called

Aaaaaaah oh sorry :)

#329 User is offline   Kallor 

• First Sword

Posted 05 September 2006 - 12:33 PM

@ jen ... my latest theory regarding michael: he has been dropped (yes, dropped) by ferrari, who will announce this weekend at monza that michael will not drive for them next year. why? because of his callous cheating in monaco, and his recent series of rash mistakes. alonso's mechanic has said that it was 'no effort' for the spaniard to keep michael behind him in the closing stages of turkey. michael and willi weber have begged for more time to renegotiate their contract terms, but di montezemolo (sp?) is very, very embarrassed by michaels' monaco behaviour -- which has cost ferrari MARKET POINTS -- that he has decided the german must go. Sorry jen, just reading more press than the F1 bits ... but i'll put money where my mouth is ...

in fact, i think that F1's domination as the pinnacle of motorsport will change now that it is near impossible for drivers to find an opportunity to break in as third drivers ... A1 is the future -- there was an announcement recently that A1 cars will be improved to the performance equivalent of F1 -- and the fact that you can nominate different drivers for each race ... all things change ...

#330 User is offline   Folken 

Posted 05 September 2006 - 06:21 PM

just for that u dont get ur repuration changed back to -666...:hand:

Ferrari is nothing w/o a driver of Schumacher's calibre and time and time again it has been proven by lesser team-mates.
What in the world has happened this year...well one can only speculate his mind is elsewhere, as would naturally be expected. I will talk of this no more...it hurts to much:(

#331 Guest_Fool_*

Posted 10 September 2006 - 01:50 PM

It's official.

No one will care about F1 next year. :D

#332 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 10 September 2006 - 04:53 PM

alonso's mechanic has said that it was 'no effort' for the spaniard to keep michael behind him in the closing stages of turkey.

Is that why Alonso's on one of the more spectacular collapses in sporting history? Two points, is it?
Come on Schuey! Alonso is such a boring, smug, little man.
I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you.

#333 User is offline   Folken 

Posted 10 September 2006 - 05:30 PM

It doesn't hurt as much I expected it to hurt. Then again I've been preparing myself for this announcment for sometime now:( Sad to see him go...real sad. I'll give F1 a few races next season...if it doesn't appeal i'll stop, but i'll give it a few races. 10 years of my life have gone into watching F1 won't let it go without giving it a chance.

What an unbelievable race...we cut to break after alonso and the other came out of the pits and i was all resigned to the fact that michael would only take 4 points of Alonso...then we came back from the break all i saw was man in blue alaking and then i saw Alonso on the HANS device I went psycho just oculdn't believe it had actually happened.
I hope Michael wins this year, just because it is right.

Lastly hats off to Kubica, excellent performace I can't believe it. A wonderful drive and it goes to show that Hungary was not fluke it was genuine. :D wonderful performance by him

Now about Alonso. He needs to shut up. the FIA should charge him with bringing hte sport into disrepure "F1 is not a sport" who says that?!? What he feels that Michael is getting special treatment? So? He needs to learn the way things work and Schumacher gets special treatment because he has earned the right to get that treatment. Schumacher is F1 and the truth of that statement will be felt next year. Lets see how many people flock to the race track or turn on their television sets at insane times in the day to watch the races. Bernie said that the sport is bigger than any one man...but at the same time why did he feel the need to let that be known? He's worried about what might happen...i'll give it a few races.
I have no dobut Alonso and Kimi are the future, both of them are great racers. But lets face it...2005 was by no mean a classic season. We had no on track battles, nothing at all. Well yes we did 3 of them, San Marino, Monaco, Japan...guess who provided those battles? yes thats right Michael Schumacher. F1 is nothing without him it is lost and if it wants to survive it needs to change it self, the way it does business, the way it does racing...otherwise down the drain it goes

Edit: okah it hurts now:(

#334 User is offline   Kallor 

• First Sword

Posted 11 September 2006 - 06:00 AM

F1 is not a sport. it hasn't been for a long time now. it's a spectacle, a circus of high profile advertisers who buy their camera time with budgets ranging into the hundreds of millions.

alonso's penalty was bogus; i know it, you know it, the spaniard knows it. but ferrari needed the win today as fiat is failing and ferrari in particular has lost market share since monaco. this was ferrari's day, and max and bernie would have done whatever was necessary to keep schumacher's fans happy despite the impending announcement. it was the best for the cameras.

as for kubica, well done. you're a lucky lad to have landed jacques' ride.

#335 User is offline   Called-by-the-Voices 

• High Fist
  • I am not yet done

Posted 11 September 2006 - 11:07 AM

This was really... pathetic
If that's the only way you guys can win titles, and beat us. Then, OK I admit it- you're faaar better.
were I fernando, I would quit the Hood-damnded sport.
A shame. A real shame

#336 Guest_Lily_*

Posted 11 September 2006 - 11:20 AM

polishgenius;114192 said:

Come on Schuey! Alonso is such a boring, smug, little man.

I couldn't agree more !! I'm sad Michael leave , Fernando is such boring ... I was happy to see him out ...

Snif snif I don't know if I'll watch Formula One next year

#337 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 11 September 2006 - 11:43 AM

Kubica will fill his shoes! Mark my words.
It looks like Poland might finally have a sportsman worth really shouting about, if he keeps this up.
Plus, Kimi in a car that doesn't break all the time should be awesome.
I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you.

#338 User is offline   kettle 

• Fist

Posted 11 September 2006 - 12:17 PM

*sigh* another era coming to an end, love him or hate him you have to admit Schumacher has given a hell of a lot to F1, he's been a brilliant, controversal driver and he will be much missed in F1, though Ferrari are going to announce at the end of the year Schumachers new role with the team, which everyone seems to think will be some sort of ambassador roll within the team, but with Ross Brawn (maybe) taking a sabatical, wouldn't it be good to see Schumacher taking his place...which ok, is not likely, but I'm sure we'll see him somewhere during the races next year...
I for one really enjoyed the race, when Alonso's engine blew it was a heart stopping moment, followed by sheer joy that Schumacher would win the race and close the gap, I don't know what it is about Alonso, but I can't like him, and I have tried! now Schumachers got 3 races to beat his a$$ and go out on a high as the reigning world champion...and Kubica did a good job too, but I can't help wishing it had been Jaques in the car.

and finaly just some stats on Schumacher for all you haters out there...

Most world titles: 7 (1994, 1995, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004)
Most consecutive titles: 5 (2000-2004)
Most wins: 90
Most wins in a single season: 13 (2004)
Most consecutive wins in single season: 7 (2004)
Most wins at the same race: 8 (French GP)
Most wins from pole: 40
Most wins with one team: 71
Most pole positions: 68
Most front-row starts: 114
Most second place finishes: 43
Most podium finishes: 153
Most points scored: 1,354
Most points finishes: 188
Most points in a single season: 148 (from a maximum of 180, in 2004)
Most fastest laps: 75
Most races led: 139
Most consecutive podiums: 19 (USA 2001 – Japan 2002)
Most consecutive points finishes: 24 (Hungary 2001 – Malaysia 2003)
Most consecutive seasons with a win: 15
Most ‘clean sweeps’ (pole, win, fastest lap): 22
Largest points gap between champion and runner-up: 67 (2002)
Earliest title winner: 2002 (in July, with 6 races remaining)
Longest spell with one team: 11 seasons (Ferrari – 1996-2006)
Most time between first and last race wins: 13 years, 11 months and 3 days
Never outqualified in 1992, 1993 or 1994
Only driver to have finished every race on the podium: 2002

#339 User is offline   Loki 

• Knight Commander of Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • WWQBDFTW?

Posted 11 September 2006 - 12:19 PM

Didn't realise you followed racing, Kettle?

Wry, on 29 February 2012 - 10:50 AM, said:

And you're not complaining, you're criticizing. It's a side-effect of being better than everyone else, I get it sometimes too.

~TQB~

#340 User is offline   kettle 

• Fist

Posted 11 September 2006 - 10:13 PM

I think if you look at the stats for this thread Loki, you'll find I've got the second most posts :Blush2: though I can't compare with the rabid one :(

I have watched F1 on and of for most of my life, but I suppose I've been seriously watching for the last 14 years and driving my family mad in the process, and I will still continue to watch next year, you can't give up on something just because Schumachers retiring and all the other drivers have a personality of a paper bag, many people said they would stop watching when Senna died, and if they did then they missed the last 12 years of Schumacher brilliance, it might be boring for a while and I'm damn sure I'll not agree with all the stupid regulations Mad Max and the FIA put in place, but I won't give up on the sport/spectacle just because Schumacher has retired, one day there will be another exciting driver to take his place...

Share this topic:

• 19 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users