• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Israel and Iran Looking close to hot!

#61 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 20 May 2024 - 12:24 PM

ICC prosecutor correctly applies for arrest warrants for the following individuals: Benjamin NETANYAHU, the Prime Minister of Israel; Yoav GALLANT, the Minister of Defence of Israel; Yahya SINWAR (Head of Hamas in the Gaza Strip); Mohammed Diab Ibrahim AL-MASRI (Commander-in-Chief of the military wing of Hamas, known as the Al-Qassam Brigades); and Ismail HANIYEH (Head of Hamas Political Bureau).

List of suspected war crimes and crimes against humanity in the prosecutor's statement here: https://www.icc-cpi....situation-state

They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#62 User is online   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 20 May 2024 - 12:43 PM

Wow that is good though I suspect as effective as the arrest warrant for Putin was (I think it was him?)
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#63 User is online   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 20 May 2024 - 04:04 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 20 May 2024 - 12:43 PM, said:

Wow that is good though I suspect as effective as the arrest warrant for Putin was (I think it was him?)

I'd almost say it's too bad they can't just declare them obviously guilty and wanted "dead or alive"---with a nice hefty bounty on all their heads... hmm, actually, maybe I would. Especially since it's not going to happen (anytime soon... perhaps the postapocalyptic ICC will be a bit more rational and pragmatic).

#64 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 21 May 2024 - 04:03 PM

Symbolic more than anything, i would guess.. The ICC's being unusually even handed in naming Hamas officials as well as Israeli gov, but w the Oct 6 massacre as a starting point it would be difficult not to without damaging its already misty credibility.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#65 User is online   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 21 May 2024 - 04:19 PM

View PostAbyss, on 21 May 2024 - 04:03 PM, said:

Symbolic more than anything, i would guess.. The ICC's being unusually even handed in naming Hamas officials as well as Israeli gov, but w the Oct 6 massacre as a starting point it would be difficult not to without damaging its already misty credibility.

Wonder what would happen if someone managed to citizens' arrest (aka kidnap) them and haul them over to the ICC (guess they'd have to bring them to the Netherlands? or some ICC office?). Would they apply for asylum ( / protection from assassins etc.) in the Netherlands if they managed to nab Netanyahu or Mister Gallant (oh so Gallant...)?

#66 User is offline   LinearPhilosopher 

• House Knight
  • Interests:Everything.

Posted 21 May 2024 - 05:04 PM

View PostAzath Vitr (D, on 21 May 2024 - 04:19 PM, said:

View PostAbyss, on 21 May 2024 - 04:03 PM, said:

Wonder what would happen if someone managed to citizens' arrest (aka kidnap) them and haul them over to the ICC (guess they'd have to bring them to the Netherlands? or some ICC office?). Would they apply for asylum ( / protection from assassins etc.) in the Netherlands if they managed to nab Netanyahu or Mister Gallant (oh so Gallant...)?

Guarantee that that person would have to deal with mossad being after them the rest of their lives.

#67 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 21 May 2024 - 05:20 PM

You realize you cant legally citizen arrest the president of a country right?

Considering that South Africa which brought the case against Israel didn't arrest Al-bashir who was indicted by the ICC when he visited the country the hypocrisy is off the charts and the ICC remains a court of political theatre. The African Union and Arab league I believe both called the ICC a colonial court. Half a million people killed, 3 million displaced and the ICC was accused of applying a double standard.

#68 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 21 May 2024 - 06:35 PM

There is political theatre in every political institution, of course, including all courts. But South Africa's (well argued, thoroughly supported) case against Israel was in front of the ICJ, not the ICC. This was an ICC prosecutor convening a panel of independent experts on international human rights and law to examine the evidence, who wound up unanimously recommending all of the above warrants.

#69 User is online   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 22 May 2024 - 03:49 PM

So, Norway, Spain and Ireland have recognised Palestine as a sovereign state.

And in response:
https://www.reddit.c...er/s/RMHX79AbXr

This is so far past any "right to defence" or any crap that the Israeli state is still peddling as a reason for their genocidal war crimes. This is sheer inhumane cruelty.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#70 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 26 May 2024 - 11:12 PM

Israel burning people alive a few hours ago in a UN tent displacement camp in Rafah. Dozens murdered. I won’t be posting anything visual for obvious reasons. Accidentally saw footage of a headless Gazan baby being held by a rescuer. A real baby, not one of the imaginary ones Israel invented as part of their propaganda blitz last year to start this phase of the genocide. Nightmare fuel.

#71 User is offline   Lady Bliss 

• Shameless Minister of Silly Catwalks of the Abyssmal Army
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 27 May 2024 - 12:39 AM

View Postworry, on 26 May 2024 - 11:12 PM, said:

Israel burning people alive a few hours ago in a UN tent displacement camp in Rafah. Dozens murdered. I won’t be posting anything visual for obvious reasons. Accidentally saw footage of a headless Gazan baby being held by a rescuer. A real baby, not one of the imaginary ones Israel invented as part of their propaganda blitz last year to start this phase of the genocide. Nightmare fuel.

All I can say is FUCK. I know Hamas are terrorists but at this point I honestly can’t blame Palestinians for attacking back at Israel. Dave Chappell should be commended for his recent standup saying there should be a cease fire and Palestinian state while also telling Americans that antisemitism must be stopped, and that Jews should not feel like they need to turn to Israel for protection.
"If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?" - Shylock

#72 User is offline   the broken 

• Fist

Posted 27 May 2024 - 02:44 PM

Thing about a ceasefire is, Hamas has to agree to it. And they don't especially have any reason to.

#73 User is online   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 27 May 2024 - 03:34 PM

View Postthe broken, on 27 May 2024 - 02:44 PM, said:

Thing about a ceasefire is, Hamas has to agree to it. And they don't especially have any reason to.

So you assume that when they say they'll abide by a ceasefire agreement---as they already have---they must be lying... because you assume they have no reason to agree to a ceasefire?

You may be assuming they don't care about the suffering of Palestinians at all. But a ceasefire would at least give them more time to recruit and recuperate, among other things. IDK if it's definitively been determined that they don't have any ways to smuggle more weapons (or supplies for building weapons) in or create effective weaponry (or more tunnels, booby-traps, etc.).

#74 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 27 May 2024 - 03:35 PM

View PostAzath Vitr (D, on 27 May 2024 - 03:34 PM, said:

...You may be assuming they don't care about the suffering of Palestinians at all. ...

Fact. Not assumption.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#75 User is online   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 27 May 2024 - 03:57 PM

The only people who care less a out the Palestinian people are Israel and their allies. Who don't see Palestinians as people at all. Which makes their genocide easier to sell.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#76 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 27 May 2024 - 07:26 PM

Israel deliberately incinerated an entire block of civilian men women and children in a displacement camp -- can't even say refugee camp, since all of Gaza is a refugee camp already, so this is at least another layer deeper -- that they themselves labeled a safe zone (within the larger 'safe zone' that Rafah was supposed to be) and herded countless civilians into just within this past week.

It was naive to believe the nasty, deliberate lies Israel spread about 40 decapitated babies shortly after October 7. It was worse than naive to believe Israel's nasty, deliberate, murderous lies when they bombed that first hospital and then denied it. And you'd think after that one there'd be some humility or self-reflection from anyone who bought that. At this late date -- after they've bombed and/or raided all of Gaza's hospitals, after multiple mass graves have been uncovered with hundreds of dead Palestinian civilians, doctors, nurses, patients (many of them executed point blank); after they've flattened every university, bombed countless grade schools, dropped 2000 lb bombs on refugee camps, destroyed entire neighborhoods, slaughtered over 15,000 children and at least as many adult civilians, all the while claiming Hamas 'command centers' they have not once produced in the aftermath -- it is downright shameful to believe a single word from Israel about any of this. Hamas? This was an attack on international law and the UN after the ICJ ruling to cease Israel's brutal genocidal advance into Rafah. What Israel is actually saying, and this you can believe: we can lie about murdered babies all we want, then murder as many babies as we want among the people we consider vermin, and nobody can stop us. This is a charnel house of Israel's making, one particularly (and deliberately) disgusting example of hundreds so far.

#77 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 27 May 2024 - 07:42 PM

Bisan reporting a bit on the aftermath this morning: https://www.instagra.../p/C7d8JM2MwMG/

#78 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 27 May 2024 - 08:00 PM

And here's what the IDF has to say about it. This is the official account, it's still up at this very moment, I took this screenshot myself (and the highlight is mine).

Posted Image

They deny it even happened where it happened. 50 Palestinian civilians just decided to spontaneously combust to make Israel look bad.

#79 User is offline   Lady Bliss 

Posted 27 May 2024 - 08:28 PM

View Postworry, on 27 May 2024 - 07:26 PM, said:

Israel deliberately incinerated an entire block of civilian men women and children in a displacement camp -- can't even say refugee camp, since all of Gaza is a refugee camp already, so this is at least another layer deeper -- that they themselves labeled a safe zone (within the larger 'safe zone' that Rafah was supposed to be) and herded countless civilians into just within this past week.

It was naive to believe the nasty, deliberate lies Israel spread about 40 decapitated babies shortly after October 7. It was worse than naive to believe Israel's nasty, deliberate, murderous lies when they bombed that first hospital and then denied it. And you'd think after that one there'd be some humility or self-reflection from anyone who bought that. At this late date -- after they've bombed and/or raided all of Gaza's hospitals, after multiple mass graves have been uncovered with hundreds of dead Palestinian civilians, doctors, nurses, patients (many of them executed point blank); after they've flattened every university, bombed countless grade schools, dropped 2000 lb bombs on refugee camps, destroyed entire neighborhoods, slaughtered over 15,000 children and at least as many adult civilians, all the while claiming Hamas 'command centers' they have not once produced in the aftermath -- it is downright shameful to believe a single word from Israel about any of this. Hamas? This was an attack on international law and the UN after the ICJ ruling to cease Israel's brutal genocidal advance into Rafah. What Israel is actually saying, and this you can believe: we can lie about murdered babies all we want, then murder as many babies as we want among the people we consider vermin, and nobody can stop us. This is a charnel house of Israel's making, one particularly (and deliberately) disgusting example of hundreds so far.

I don’t want to “like” what you just said because I agree that Israel’s atrocities are disgusting. But again, I agree with you wholeheartedly and this was well said.
"If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?" - Shylock

#80 User is offline   Lady Bliss 

Posted 29 May 2024 - 01:03 AM

I am so sick that I have no words.

https://www.politico...d-line-00160258

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

14 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 14 guests, 0 anonymous users