• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Draconian family tree

#41 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 03 February 2006 - 07:21 AM

Some people ^ just want good characters killed off:)

#42 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:Walks in the park.

Waiting till jean gets here.

Posted 03 February 2006 - 08:18 AM

Not necessarily, we learn that ossric and Rake meet up often enough but as yet their both convincingly alive and kicking. Silchus aint going anywhere near Rake as yet but when he does they'd probably just talk about the wheather, shake hands then go their seperate ways.

To revive some former speculation on the soletaken ability to veer I noticed that in MoI treach says the FE was culled because of the failed ritual. Is it possible to use similar rituals to become draconic? Someone as powerful as say, Quick Ben could in fact achieve it. keruli style...
“Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea... and ideas are bulletproof Gas-Fireproof.”

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 03 February 2006 - 08:59 AM

HUME said:

If tiam dies there cant be any more draconian soletakens..

hmm... is that right though?
I mean it appears that Tiam juice has been necessary to the mix - certainly as far as the Edur, Andii and Liosan are concerned..
But what about Rud Elall? isn't he supposed to be a soletaken/dragon like his mommy? So if not Tiam juice.. is it the draconian blood in Menandore or is it the wyval juice? ;)
"which heart mortal, will you ride? ...........
Wyval....I ride the wyval!

#44 User is offline   Dravon 

• Sergeant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 05 February 2006 - 03:22 AM

Umm as for k'rul aspect im fairly certain it was said in GotM and the prologue to MoI, that he is a Blood God. Blood being spilt on the temple floor is how he was awakened in the first place and in the prologue i remember something along the lines...As he walked through the carnage caused by the fall of the foreign god, he drew strength. Envy even had to santify his temple in the butchered town she went to, with her blood so they could speak.

#45 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 05 February 2006 - 03:25 AM

Oh, she didn't need to sanctify it herself, the blood from the town's inhabitants did that.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#46 User is offline   Folken 

• Never throw your life away so easily

Posted 05 February 2006 - 03:49 AM

@Dravon: whats blood gotta do with his aspect? Sacrifical things are not uncommon for Gods lol. As for his aspect, K'rul used to have the aspect of Obelisk in the Deck of Dragons, as stated in Gardens of the Moon in his coversation with Kruppe. Now as to his current aspect no one knows.
<div align='center'>You must always strive to be the best, but you must never believe that you are - Juan Manuel Fangio</div>

#47 User is offline   Dravon 

• Sergeant

Posted 05 February 2006 - 11:27 PM

If he was aspected to Obelisk what does that mean? That he was a foundation? That he was/is a pillor of the very nature of reality its self? If that is the case then it makes sence that he was formed from the worship of Blood, blood be the life force of all living things. And if so it brings up some very imteresting thoughts on the nature of the warrens. Ahh well maybe this belongs in the crazy theory thread=)

Posted 06 February 2006 - 08:50 AM

It's Krul's blood, his heart, that forced order on the warrens, so please speculate away ;)

#49 User is offline   Set'alahd Crool 

• First Sword

Posted 06 February 2006 - 09:19 AM

In K'rul's case blood doesn't seem to be the object of worship, but more of a tool with which to worship. It also appears that K'rul is older than worship and worshippers both. Envy's vision shows her...dark, then chaos with creatures "Flung through the void" or something along those lines. It is here, I guess, that K'rul came into being, giving shape and direction to the primal forces of the universe. I think Raest implies that K'rul was formed of/in chaos himself.

Posted 06 February 2006 - 09:40 AM

heheh... so we're almost back to the old Chaos = Starvald Demelain theory? ;)

#51 User is offline   Set'alahd Crool 

• First Sword

Posted 06 February 2006 - 02:40 PM

That's only a theory?

#52 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant

Posted 08 February 2006 - 07:06 AM

Yes its only a theory. I beleieve its completely seperate. If you look in MoI when envy talks to krul she sees his heart which is twin chambers of SD and KG the two most elder warrens. If starveld demelain was choas surely it wouldnt be in kruls heart as it being contained gives krul control over choas and its impossible to control choas.

#53 User is offline   Tiger_sword 

• First Sword

Posted 08 February 2006 - 08:23 AM

indeed K'rul took the chaos and shaped it into the warrens. There is no such thing as the "warren of Chaos" in the same sense as the other warrens, rather the warren of chaos is the power that was to wild to shape into anything else - the left overs in a way.

But as everything was made from chaos (as we saw QB do several times) you can use chaos as a 'back door' to other warrens.

#54 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 08 February 2006 - 02:53 PM

One could make the arguement, i suppose, that Chaos is the absence of the organization of a warren.

But then, if i understand M correctly, before warrens existed, mages were still using magic, just a less refined form of it, so the power sources were already there. K'rul just organized them somewhat.

- Abyss, thinks Krul is the god of administrative assistants.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#55 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant

Posted 13 February 2006 - 02:50 PM

Im not sure about that. i still beleive that the pathways beetween the warrens are kruls errr muscles well the things around his blood vessels that are the warrens. So when the CG was doin him in he his blood seeped into his choas ''muscles''. a bad evaluation of the suituation i admit but that sort of thing neway.

#56 Guest_Andreas_*

Posted 13 February 2006 - 08:30 PM

I imagine that the elder warrens are like the arteries and veins of K'rul's body, while the, er, newer warrens are like capillares. I'm not quite sure what I imagine the muscle and bone, and other organs to be, but I'm thinking his heart is either SD, the Kurald warrens (the heart of a human has different (two?) "chambers"), or Chaos. Whatever his heart is, it is what gives power to all the other warrens - symbolically at least, but possibly actually as well.

#57 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant

Posted 13 February 2006 - 09:55 PM

It states that the aorta and vena cava (the main vein and artery in the heart i think) are SD and KG. This suggests they are the most elder

#58 Guest_Danyah_*

Posted 24 February 2006 - 06:59 PM

In MT Udinaas gets to see the past through Wither. Menandore and dapple are dragging Sheltata Lore, and then Osserc arrives too warn them for the Elder Gods (Kilmandaro bashed in the skull of Scabandari), and he adds that Mother Darks first children were not tiste andii, whatever Anomander claims. So I think the elder gods were mother darks first children, and they can only be draconean if they drank from tiams blood. Krul is draconean for sure because indeed he has the warren of starvald demelain in him.

#59 User is offline   Dravon 

• Sergeant

Posted 25 February 2006 - 12:56 AM

Is it possible that K'rul is not really a God in the modern god sence(i.e. more a universal consciousness)? And maybe he did not create the warrens persay but he is more a manifestation of the warrens becoming aware. And that when we see him it is truely only a Avatar of that consciousness?

If this is the case then it would make sence for the warrens to be inside him because he is the warrens just made manifested in a form.

#60 User is offline   Folken 

• Never throw your life away so easily

Posted 25 February 2006 - 05:03 AM

Well he's not a God like the newer Ascendants we have. Hood, Rake, Osserc, Trake...they all were born mortal. K'Rul on the other hand was always a God, an Elder God.

And no, all things point ot K'Rul being the creator of the warrens. Bringing order to the chaos:D
<div align='center'>You must always strive to be the best, but you must never believe that you are - Juan Manuel Fangio</div>

Share this topic:

• 10 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users