• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sport (merged thread)

#161 User is offline   dktorode 

• Luck is my middle name, Mind you, my first name is Bad."
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 17 November 2005 - 10:07 AM

Tiste Simeon said:

Heh. Fair enough! Though it would be nice to have something to say against all the Anti-England comments he has been coming out with. No offence to you dktorode, normally I would fully support SA in such a match, but this one time... ;)

No worries mate! its just the old patriotism shinning through!:)
Tell your buddy "hou jou bek man" the next time he talks trash! that should catch him of guard.....he he he.

pronouced:
hou = HO (as in what Father Xmas says)
jou = YO (same as HO but with y in front),
beck = same as the band
man = there is a different pronounciation but it doesn't matter just say it like you normally do your point will be made!:)
...┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐...

Why dont they make the whole plane out of that black box stuff?

#162 User is offline   garden_rake 

• First Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 17 November 2005 - 10:09 AM

HUME said:

Yes but when they play you they'll get whooped but Come the day when the Soccoroos play you.. Well I dont think I even need to watch the game to know who'll win...Us of course, cause you suck.

you couldnt call them 'footballroos' could you?

unfortunately i think the only chance you've got of doing well is to pay your whole team double what everyone else gets......... with them being a team of utter mercenaries that is ;)

#163 User is offline   Tenaka Khan 

• High Fist

Posted 17 November 2005 - 04:24 PM

HOOOORRRAYYY! Switzerland made it to the World Cup yesterday evening ;) I was near a heart attack for most of the match, Hitchcock could not have written a more gripping script for the game.

The sad part about it is that some of the Turkish players and even some of their security staff attacked the Swiss players on their way to the wardrobe after the match. Several were bruised, one of the assistant coaches got a black eye and one player had to be hospitalized because someone kicked him in his nether regions real hard...:)

But in the end we won anyways :)

#164 User is offline   garden_rake 

• First Sword

Posted 17 November 2005 - 05:10 PM

from what ive seen its absolutely bloody shocking what happened after the match.... they should be banned from the next world cup at least

#165 User is offline   Tenaka Khan 

• High Fist

Posted 17 November 2005 - 05:19 PM

I agree, though I might be a bit biaised. But scenes like that do not belong to any sport event. The Fifa should set an example that it does not tolerate behavior like that imo.

#166 User is offline   garden_rake 

• First Sword

Posted 17 November 2005 - 05:25 PM

... and ive just seen the swiss guy run up and kick the turkish fella from behind..... now that made me laugh a lot, but he should still be banned ;)

#167 User is offline   Tenaka Khan 

• High Fist

Posted 17 November 2005 - 08:31 PM

... yep, I've seen that too in the meantime. Damn, cooled my righteous anger off a bit ;)
And Huggel (the idiot delivering the kick) should face the consequences. But this does not change the fact that what went on after that in the catacombs has to be punished too.

All in all, rather a sad affair. But we still qualified :)

#168 User is offline   garden_rake 

• First Sword

Posted 17 November 2005 - 08:34 PM

yes but at our (irish) expense! ;)

actually ive tried hating the swiss for it but you cant because theyre so damn neutral.....

me: i hate you
swiss: thats ok
me: dammit......... i dont hate you, can i have some chocolate

so now i want to see the swiss go far :)

#169 User is offline   Tenaka Khan 

• High Fist

Posted 17 November 2005 - 09:06 PM

;)

It is really ok if you wanna hate us :)

I am really looking forward to the WC, since Switzerland has finally a team with the potential to stir the pot a bit, with lots of young players growing into maturity. Now I only have to get some tickets for Germany...

#170 Guest_Sonnyboy_*

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 18 November 2005 - 07:30 PM

Hi. Just wanted to ask why these unrelated threads were merged? There's a reason I wasn't taking part in the other threads. They didn't interest me. The one I started did, so I'm a little disappointed to see it overwhelmed by the other thread(s).

#171 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 18 November 2005 - 07:49 PM

I just noticed that I started the merged threads... It must have been the fascinating discussion on Wales and Fiji, eh?
Anyways Wales, SA tomorrow... should be fun, hey dktorode? ;)
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#172 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 19 November 2005 - 01:43 AM

Just to de-clutter the inn a bit:) Its hardly necessary to have three different discussions about sport;) Or are people incapable of having more than one different conversation in one thread? It just seemed that (almost all) the same poeple were chatting in the different threads:)
Besides, it hasn't been overwhelmed sonnyboy, yours was the largest of the three.
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#173 Guest_Sonnyboy_*

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 19 November 2005 - 01:50 AM

Was it really? Hmm. It's just that by the time I discovered the merge there was a whole page covering the last post, from what I could tell. Ah well, I guess I better just deal with it.

And yeah, I think I am incapable of having more than one conversation in a thread. Or at least following my conversation when others are discussing something completely different. ;)

#174 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 19 November 2005 - 04:05 PM

I think where we left it off, Sonnyboy was with us beating you down about American football, and you admitting that it did, indeed suck big time. In fact you were about to swear undying allegiance to proper football! ;)
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#175 User is offline   Leoman 

• First Sword

Posted 21 November 2005 - 03:59 AM

Hey all, I was gone this weekend in a hockey tourney in Moose Jaw (yes, it is a city) And we won the "C" side :)
Just lettin yah know i didn't ditch the forums and where i've been this weekend ;)

#176 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 21 November 2005 - 06:06 AM

Barca 3 - 0 Real

;)
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#177 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 21 November 2005 - 06:38 PM

Went to the Swansea City v Yeovil Town match on Friday night. The Swans are the top scorers in the whole of the English league. Lee Trundle is a great player to watch, despite being in League One!
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#178 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 21 November 2005 - 06:43 PM

Hmm... well SA won... which means I can laugh at my Welsh friends who laughed at me after Australia beat England... On a more positive note, the English football team (which is obviously a better sport) are looking quite good.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#179 User is offline   garden_rake 

• First Sword

Posted 21 November 2005 - 08:41 PM

Mezla PigDog said:

Went to the Swansea City v Yeovil Town match on Friday night. The Swans are the top scorers in the whole of the English league. Lee Trundle is a great player to watch, despite being in League One!

lee trundle is quality - anyone who has champ man blood in them knows.... or i suppose anyone unfortunate to support.... well the smaller teams ;)

#180 User is offline   Lord Gordonis 

• Pursuivant of TQB
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 27 November 2005 - 09:37 PM

RIP George Best and RIP Richard Burns

Share this topic:

• 10 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users