• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sport (merged thread)

#1 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 07 November 2005 - 03:04 PM

Woohoo!! I got tickets to see Wales vs Fiji on friday. Now I am not a huge rugby fan (I like it - but I am a bigger football fan...) nor am I welsh. But it is in the amazing Millenium Stadium and tickets are only £10! So I was wondering if anyone else is going to see this... I will be the guy in the Welsh stand laughing when Wales get trashed, just as they did last week! :D
J/K I am looking forward to it, and this thread can be discussion after the match too!
Go Wales! Posted Image

yeah... difficult to make it work Tiste:p
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#2 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 09 November 2005 - 01:49 AM

*harf harf*

And there's me, missing out on seeing Wales v Fiji because I only managed to get tickets for Wales v Australia instead. Woe is me!!!!:Erm:
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#3 User is offline   Leoman 

• First Sword

Posted 09 November 2005 - 02:59 AM

I've never really been into rugby, but whenever a game is on i'll watch it. Nothing gets me pumped up more then watching guys tear each other apart :D

#4 User is offline   StormofHeaven 

• Corporal

Posted 09 November 2005 - 02:48 PM

It's coming soon. A couple more months. Any predictions??

#5 Guest_Brick Tamland_*

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 09 November 2005 - 02:51 PM

ENGERLAND!!! Rooney for top scorer and Sven to be made King in place of Charlie.

Failing that probably the Brazilians who looked very good in the Confederations Cup during the summer.

#6 User is offline   Tenaka Khan 

• High Fist

Posted 09 November 2005 - 02:57 PM

I am not predicting anything yet, still have to suffer through two matches till I know wether Switzerland made it or not. Crossing my fingers unitl they hurt that 'we' gonna beat Turkey this Saturday...

#7 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 09 November 2005 - 03:40 PM

caladanbrood said:

*harf harf*

And there's me, missing out on seeing Wales v Fiji because I only managed to get tickets for Wales v Australia instead. Woe is me!!!!:Erm:

How much were they? Are there any left? I was never into rugby much til I moved to Wales... I am really getting into it though!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#8 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 09 November 2005 - 03:55 PM

England vs Brazil final. England win the world cup.
Erm... well perhaps not, but if we actually pull our fingers ou and get down to some good work, we might have a chance... *remembers painfully to the England/N. Ireland match*
Posted Image
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#9 User is offline   Rich the Great 

• First Sword

Posted 09 November 2005 - 05:12 PM

Brazil will probably end up winning, although England will get as far as the final or semis. Don't think they have quite a good enough team to take on Brazil and win.

#10 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 09 November 2005 - 05:14 PM

could we not have found a less exciting match???? I cant control myself

#11 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 09 November 2005 - 05:30 PM

Either Argentina, Brazil or Serbia and Montenegro will win...

hey, why are you looking at me funny?:confused:

England will get to the quarters and get knocked out, I expect. On penalties, no doubt:rolleyes:
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#12 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 09 November 2005 - 05:34 PM

Tiste Simeon said:

How much were they? Are there any left? I was never into rugby much til I moved to Wales... I am really getting into it though!

£50, and I very much doubt it. Check ticketmaster or something...
Hell, you live in cardiff. Go and ask at the stadium ticket office:p

Thankfully I'm not the one paying for my ticket though:D

I'm still wondering who would hate me more if I wore my england rugby top to the game, the Welsh or the Aussies:o

#13 Guest_Tuftie 27_*

Posted 09 November 2005 - 07:04 PM

Why pay to go see those matches? I got to go see the air cadets South West Region rugby touranment for free!! Now that's rugby! Watching (well, playing) for Dorset & Wilts with only 10 men, as we thrashed Devon & Somerset 36-0 when they had 15!! Sorry, getting a bit carried away...

#14 Guest_Rheanar Delh\'Suhn_*

Posted 09 November 2005 - 07:23 PM

its all about croatia, they killed their group!

#15 Guest_Sonnyboy_*

Posted 09 November 2005 - 08:10 PM

I predict Stankonia will rule once again...

#16 Guest_Sonnyboy_*

Posted 09 November 2005 - 08:18 PM

Okay, I gotta say it. It was the two other threads that inspored this one. I just don't get soccer (or "football" as you foreigners will have it). I can see how it's a great game for kids to play, but why not grow up and play proper football, American style? Rugby I can sort of understand, but I think (in spite of what rugby wimps think) American football is the real tough guy sport. If you're going to say something about the pads, they wear them because they got tired of people dying playing American football. That's honestly the reason. Football was almost made illegal at one point because it was so dangerous. Anyway, that's not the point of the thread.

Point is, did anyone see the game on Monday night? I wasn't able to watch it because they don't really broadcast Monday Night Football here. I confess I'm ready to jump on the Indy bandwagon (just like I did with KC two years ago). I like winning streaks...

#17 User is offline   megaphage 

• Lieutenant

Posted 09 November 2005 - 08:30 PM

American footballers are unfit fatsoes. They stop play every 5 minutes to huddle up and shout YEAH! WOOOH! then they run for about 2 minutes and get knackered. Its dangerous cos they're afraid of getting heart attacks with all the strenuous activity.

#18 Guest_Sonnyboy_*

Posted 09 November 2005 - 08:41 PM

You're thinking of linemen. Yes, they look like fatsoes. Their job is not to run, but to block and knock the **** out of their opponents. Everybody else on the field is a superhuman athlete. Honestly, you have no idea what you're talking about. And the breaks are because the action, when it comes, is more intense than any other sport in the world except maybe ultimate fighting. And football is the perfect blend of cunning strategy and inconcievable athleticism. The breaks are part of what makes the game so ingenious.

#19 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 09 November 2005 - 08:48 PM

1) I have no understandin of the game. In movies etc are they really speaking sense when they say pass down the line hut 77 double fake. I mean what does all that mean.

2)A game thats played for one hour should last one hour not 4.

3) I was watching the last five minutes of a game once. The team needed score one more touchdown to win. they were about 5 yards from the end zone. The querterback just took the ball and jumped over the two opposing lines. the enemy team knocked the hell out of him and I turn to my friend and say thats the worst plan I have ever seen. Turns out they won. by holding the ball over the line he scored. never touched the ground. was never really near. But the ball was over for one second. That sux

#20 User is offline   megaphage 

• Lieutenant

Posted 09 November 2005 - 08:55 PM

Sonnyboy said:

Okay, I gotta say it. It was the two other threads that inspored this one. I just don't get soccer (or "football" as you foreigners will have it). I can see how it's a great game for kids to play, but why not grow up and play proper football, American style? Rugby I can sort of understand, but I think (in spite of what rugby wimps think) American football is the real tough guy sport. If you're going to say something about the pads, they wear them because they got tired of people dying playing American football. That's honestly the reason. Football was almost made illegal at one point because it was so dangerous. Anyway, that's not the point of the thread.

Point is, did anyone see the game on Monday night? I wasn't able to watch it because they don't really broadcast Monday Night Football here. I confess I'm ready to jump on the Indy bandwagon (just like I did with KC two years ago). I like winning streaks...

Clearly both Rugby and Football are superior, as made obvious by the amount of people in the world who are interested in them compared to the amount who play American Football. For a nation with such wide reaching influence in all aspects of lifestyle, the fact that American Football has failed to spark interest in the wider world can only be because Football is a better sport. Football is the more natural game... see a ball: kick it. Its part of human nature and that's why people have done it since the dawn of time and why its still the dominant sport.

Share this topic:

• 10 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users