• 10 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

House of the Dragon

#21 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 14 May 2021 - 12:34 PM

View PostAbyss, on 14 May 2021 - 03:55 AM, said:

Ok bigshot with the wikipaste. Explain Wolverine's Australian accent in PRYDE OF THE X-MEN.

CRIKEY!
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#22 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 20 May 2021 - 05:24 PM

This is great news. Looked on IMDB and there isn't a role listed yet though. Excited for that to be revealed.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Malankazooie: 20 May 2021 - 05:33 PM

#23 User is offline   Werthead 

• Ascendant

Posted 28 June 2021 - 01:52 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 13 May 2021 - 05:35 PM, said:

So it goes without saying, thar be dragons.

With the budgets now of fantasy shows (a half a billion $ for season 1 of LotR on Amazon Prime! Posted Image), we should expect some draw dropping dragon SFX in this, right? So, what dragons will we get? We'll for sure see Caraxes right? Or am I mixing up Matt Smith's character with the wrong Targaryen? What other dragons should be expect to appear in House of the Dragon? The Black Dread (Balerion) will be before this time right?, but wouldn't it be cool if they had a throwback scene with him?

Balerion has just died of old age (well, a couple of decades earlier) but Meraxes was killed during the First Dornish War. Vhagar is still knocking around. The other extant dragons are Arrax, the Cannibal, Dreamfyre, Grey Ghost, Meleys, Moondancer, Morghul, Seasmoke, Sheepstealer, Shrykos, Silverwing, Stormcloud, Sunfyre, Syrax, Tessarion, Tyraxes, Vermax and Vermithor. Vhagar is by far the largest and most powerful, but Caraxes, Meleys, Sunfyre, Syrax, Tessarion and Vermithor are quite badass as well.
Visit The Wertzone for reviews of SF&F books, DVDs and computer games!

"Try standing out in a winter storm all night and see how tough you are. Start with that. Then go into a bar and pick a fight and see how tough you are. And then go home and break crockery over your head. Start with those three and you'll be good to go."
- Bruce Campbell on how to be as cool as he is

#24 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 28 June 2021 - 02:47 PM

View PostWerthead, on 28 June 2021 - 01:52 PM, said:

View PostMalankazooie, on 13 May 2021 - 05:35 PM, said:

So it goes without saying, thar be dragons.

With the budgets now of fantasy shows (a half a billion $ for season 1 of LotR on Amazon Prime! Posted Image), we should expect some draw dropping dragon SFX in this, right? So, what dragons will we get? We'll for sure see Caraxes right? Or am I mixing up Matt Smith's character with the wrong Targaryen? What other dragons should be expect to appear in House of the Dragon? The Black Dread (Balerion) will be before this time right?, but wouldn't it be cool if they had a throwback scene with him?

Balerion has just died of old age (well, a couple of decades earlier) but Meraxes was killed during the First Dornish War. Vhagar is still knocking around. The other extant dragons are Arrax, the Cannibal, Dreamfyre, Grey Ghost, Meleys, Moondancer, Morghul, Seasmoke, Sheepstealer, Shrykos, Silverwing, Stormcloud, Sunfyre, Syrax, Tessarion, Tyraxes, Vermax and Vermithor. Vhagar is by far the largest and most powerful, but Caraxes, Meleys, Sunfyre, Syrax, Tessarion and Vermithor are quite badass as well.

Nerd.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#25 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 30 June 2021 - 06:42 PM

'Game of Thrones' Prequel 'House of the Dragon' Kicks Off New Warner Bros Studios U.K. Virtual Stage

*link is to variety.com

A weekly entertainment rundown show I happened to catch a year or so ago had a segment where they did a 'look behind the curtains' of one of these new high tech virtual stages. It was really amazing stuff.

#26 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 15 July 2021 - 07:45 PM

Is SDCC going to be at location this year, or are they doing the virtual event like they did last year? I was thinking this would be a good opportunity to give us more about the show.

#27 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 05 October 2021 - 02:05 PM

#28 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 31 March 2022 - 12:16 AM

Going to start Sunday, August 21.

Hoping to see another trailer (without obvious spoilers), as currently I am somewhat guarded about how good this will be.

#29 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 05 May 2022 - 08:12 PM

New trailer

It didn't hurt my expectations, lets just start there. In fact, I felt an odd goosebumps sensation after watching. Accomplishing what a trailer is designed to do I guess.

#30 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 20 July 2022 - 07:25 PM

Final trailer before it starts? That's my guess.

Doesn't look half bad tbh. I'll check it out.

#31 User is offline   Cyphon 

• Cagey Bastard of TQB

Posted 20 July 2022 - 08:05 PM

Yeah looks pretty decent. Will definitely give this a go.
Para todos todo, para nosotros nada.

MottI'd always pegged you as more of an Ublala

#32 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 21 July 2022 - 04:37 AM

Dammit.... i very WANT this to be good.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#33 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 21 July 2022 - 12:27 PM

I have SO little interest...but Matt Smith is incredible and with it being NOT in the hands of B&W I'm willing to give it a chance.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#34 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 21 July 2022 - 12:41 PM

Stunt casting since he's playing a mat smith, those medieval laborers who forged welcome mats from blood, sweat, and molten iron.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#35 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 21 July 2022 - 01:11 PM

View Postworry, on 21 July 2022 - 12:41 PM, said:

Stunt casting since he's playing a mat smith, those medieval laborers who forged welcome mats from blood, sweat, and molten iron.

Worry, I'm gonna need you to step up your joke game on a Thursday. This was weak sauce compared to your gold jokes elsethread.

:p :p :p

#36 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 21 July 2022 - 01:38 PM

Nope, I'm sticking with mat smith type stuff for the foreseeable future.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#37 User is offline   ContrarianMalazanReader 

• Fist

Posted 22 July 2022 - 05:35 PM

Game of Thrones had a very grounded look compared to characters and places in the books which are described as more fantastical looking.

Based on the latest trailer, it seems like the production team of HotD is more readily embracing the fantasy aspect of the world of ASoIaF.

#38 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 22 July 2022 - 07:53 PM

View PostContrarianMalazanReader, on 22 July 2022 - 05:35 PM, said:

Game of Thrones had a very grounded look compared to characters and places in the books which are described as more fantastical looking.

Based on the latest trailer, it seems like the production team of HotD is more readily embracing the fantasy aspect of the world of ASoIaF.

Yeah, I hate that the tv show made them look more 'normal' in an attempt to appeal to a wider audience (though I'll give them a pass on
Spoiler
...).

#39 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 24 July 2022 - 06:07 PM

View PostContrarianMalazanReader, on 22 July 2022 - 05:35 PM, said:

Posted Image

#40 User is offline   ContrarianMalazanReader 

• Fist

Posted 26 July 2022 - 12:43 AM

Other examples:

- The dragons in GoT look like they could exist in the real world, whereas in HotD they look more like fantasy creatures.

- Characters dress more flamboyantly in the books, for example Ramsay is described as dressing in various colours such as crimson, pink and burgundy, and Daario Naharis has his hair and beard dyed blue and his moustache dyed gold, but in the TV series they wear understated functional clothing.

Share this topic:

• 10 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users