Posted 06 May 2021 - 06:33 AM

Posted Image
- Wyrd biđ ful aræd -

#5 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 06 May 2021 - 08:05 AM

Posted Image
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#6 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 06 May 2021 - 08:44 AM

Posted Image
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#7 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 06 May 2021 - 04:56 PM

Also has Olivia Cooke, who was excellent in Bates Motel. I recognize Rhys Ifans but I can't place what I've seen him in. Was it an Adam Sandler movie?

#8 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 06 May 2021 - 11:25 PM

The Mod Gods Must Be Crazy!
Rhys Ifans garnered a lot of attention as the wacky roommate in Notting Hill ~20 years ago, but he never really blew up like people expected? I mean he's been a steadily working character actor since then, not a flameout, but also not a lot of huge roles where it would be easy to pinpoint how you'd know him. He was the main villain in the first Andrew Garfield Spider-Man though.

They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#9 User is offline   ContrarianMalazanReader 

• Fist

Posted 06 May 2021 - 11:28 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 06 May 2021 - 04:56 PM, said:

Also has Olivia Cooke, who was excellent in Bates Motel. I recognize Rhys Ifans but I can't place what I've seen him in. Was it an Adam Sandler movie?

Yes, he played one of his older brothers in Little Nicky. He's also in the movie Notting Hill, and played Xenophilus Lovegood in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

#10 User is offline   LinearPhilosopher 

• House Knight
  • Interests:Everything.

Posted 07 May 2021 - 02:16 AM

uhhhhh

Can someone explain to me what happened here?....

Not that I mind a bit of humor here and there, and i do admire creativity.

#11 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 07 May 2021 - 06:38 AM

Excellent picture choice for mine! Posted Image
- Wyrd biđ ful aræd -

#12 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 07 May 2021 - 12:45 PM

They really only have that one Targaryen white wig for the various dude's in these roles, eh?
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#13 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 09 May 2021 - 04:51 AM

View PostQuickTidal, on 07 May 2021 - 12:45 PM, said:

They really only have that one Targaryen white wig for the various dude's in these roles, eh?

...and i'm reasonably sure they upcycled it from Emma Frost in the old Generation X movie.

#14 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 10 May 2021 - 01:15 AM

View PostAbyss, on 09 May 2021 - 04:51 AM, said:

...and i'm reasonably sure they upcycled it from Emma Frost in the old Generation X movie.

I feel dirty correcting you on what was both an ATROCIOUS 90’s TV SHOW pilot that never got to series...but that I watched and ENJOYED nonetheless as a youngster because it was pre X-MEN marvel mutants and I wanted to love it so badly...and yes I STILL have a crush on Finola Hughes, and yes Jubilee and Banshee were the only other really recognizable mutants in the show...and no it’s not good and doesn’t hold up.

...but while we are on bad 90’s tv stuff...the rollerball ripoff FUTURESPORT with Dean Cain, Vanessa Williams, and Wesley Snipes which I also loved as a youth is also warmed up garbage,

I’m old.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#15 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 11 May 2021 - 01:39 AM

View PostQuickTidal, on 10 May 2021 - 01:15 AM, said:

I feel dirty correcting you on what was both an ATROCIOUS 90's TV SHOW pilot that never got to series...but that I watched and ENJOYED nonetheless as a youngster because it was pre X-MEN marvel mutants and I wanted to love it so badly...and yes I STILL have a crush on Finola Hughes, and yes Jubilee and Banshee were the only other really recognizable mutants in the show...and no it's not good and doesn't hold up.

...but while we are on bad 90's tv stuff...the rollerball ripoff FUTURESPORT with Dean Cain, Vanessa Williams, and Wesley Snipes which I also loved as a youth is also warmed up garbage,

I'm old.

I should have used 'made for tv movie' and accept the correction and also it was wholly utterly awful from beginning to end and probably set human-mutant relations back 50 years and is the reason the rights went to Sony.

#16 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 11 May 2021 - 12:56 PM

View PostAbyss, on 11 May 2021 - 01:39 AM, said:

I feel dirty correcting you on what was both an ATROCIOUS 90's TV SHOW pilot that never got to series...but that I watched and ENJOYED nonetheless as a youngster because it was pre X-MEN marvel mutants and I wanted to love it so badly...and yes I STILL have a crush on Finola Hughes, and yes Jubilee and Banshee were the only other really recognizable mutants in the show...and no it's not good and doesn't hold up.

...but while we are on bad 90's tv stuff...the rollerball ripoff FUTURESPORT with Dean Cain, Vanessa Williams, and Wesley Snipes which I also loved as a youth is also warmed up garbage,

I'm old.

I should have used 'made for tv movie' and accept the correction and also it was wholly utterly awful from beginning to end and probably set human-mutant relations back 50 years and is the reason the rights went to Sony.

Fox had the X-Men, not Sony, and this was actually still FOX, just Fox TV and not Fox movies.

And what's interesting is that this was a scant 4 years before X-MEN (2000) and Bryan Singer had already been chosen as the Director for that film while GEN-X aired on TV, so they were closer together than we think. As well, they used the same mansion (Hatley Castle in BC) for the school in this that they used for X2, X3, DOFP, X:Apocalypse, and Deadpool 1 and 2. So basically the location scouts for GENERATION X dictated the location for Professor X's School for nearly the entire Mutant sked of movies in the last 25 years (barring X-MEN which shot in and around Toronto and so used Casa Loma instead).

#TheMoreYouKnow

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 11 May 2021 - 12:56 PM

#17 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 12 May 2021 - 04:39 AM

Oh yeah? Well explain MUTANT X then smart guy!

#18 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 12 May 2021 - 01:03 PM

MUTANT X was Avi Arad (and Fireworks Entertainment; long defunct) just before he resigned his positions at Marvel Entertainment, So it was a Marvel Entertainment show made with Fireworks....AND....

On April 15, 2001, 20th Century Fox sued Marvel, Tribune Entertainment, and Fireworks Entertainment for breach of their licensing agreement and false advertisement. Fox stated it had exclusive rights from Marvel to develop the X-Men property, and anything similar was an infringement. Fox claimed that Mutant X was too similar to X-Men, and Mutant X was being advertised as an "X-Men replacement."

Marvel countersued Fox, saying that the two were dissimilar and asking the courts to allow Mutant X production to go forward. Production was allowed, as long as X-Men material was not used in the promotion of Mutant X.

On March 9, 2003, Fox and Marvel resolved their differences in a confidential settlement of their suits. Meanwhile, Fox continued to pursue their case against Tribune and Fireworks. Tribune sued Marvel for fraud and breach of contract, claiming Marvel encouraged Tribune to connect Mutant X to the X-Men, misrepresented what they were getting in their license, and caused millions in losses due to the need to alter storylines and characters to ensure the mandated distance between Mutant X and X-Men, as well as fighting Fox's litigation.[12] In November 2005, the dispute was settled in private.

Bickety bam.

#19 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 13 May 2021 - 05:35 PM

So it goes without saying, thar be dragons.

With the budgets now of fantasy shows (a half a billion $ for season 1 of LotR on Amazon Prime! Posted Image), we should expect some draw dropping dragon SFX in this, right? So, what dragons will we get? We'll for sure see Caraxes right? Or am I mixing up Matt Smith's character with the wrong Targaryen? What other dragons should be expect to appear in House of the Dragon? The Black Dread (Balerion) will be before this time right?, but wouldn't it be cool if they had a throwback scene with him?

#20 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 14 May 2021 - 03:55 AM

View PostQuickTidal, on 11 May 2021 - 12:56 PM, said:

View PostAbyss, on 11 May 2021 - 01:39 AM, said:

I'm old.

Fox had the X-Men, not Sony, and this was actually still FOX, just Fox TV and not Fox movies.

And what's interesting is that this was a scant 4 years before X-MEN (2000) and Bryan Singer had already been chosen as the Director for that film while GEN-X aired on TV, so they were closer together than we think. As well, they used the same mansion (Hatley Castle in BC) for the school in this that they used for X2, X3, DOFP, X:Apocalypse, and Deadpool 1 and 2. So basically the location scouts for GENERATION X dictated the location for Professor X's School for nearly the entire Mutant sked of movies in the last 25 years (barring X-MEN which shot in and around Toronto and so used Casa Loma instead).

#TheMoreYouKnow

View PostAbyss, on 12 May 2021 - 04:39 AM, said:

Oh yeah? Well explain MUTANT X then smart guy!

View PostQuickTidal, on 12 May 2021 - 01:03 PM, said:

MUTANT X was Avi Arad (and Fireworks Entertainment; long defunct) just before he resigned his positions at Marvel Entertainment, So it was a Marvel Entertainment show made with Fireworks....AND....

On April 15, 2001, 20th Century Fox sued Marvel, Tribune Entertainment, and Fireworks Entertainment for breach of their licensing agreement and false advertisement. Fox stated it had exclusive rights from Marvel to develop the X-Men property, and anything similar was an infringement. Fox claimed that Mutant X was too similar to X-Men, and Mutant X was being advertised as an "X-Men replacement."

Marvel countersued Fox, saying that the two were dissimilar and asking the courts to allow Mutant X production to go forward. Production was allowed, as long as X-Men material was not used in the promotion of Mutant X.

On March 9, 2003, Fox and Marvel resolved their differences in a confidential settlement of their suits. Meanwhile, Fox continued to pursue their case against Tribune and Fireworks. Tribune sued Marvel for fraud and breach of contract, claiming Marvel encouraged Tribune to connect Mutant X to the X-Men, misrepresented what they were getting in their license, and caused millions in losses due to the need to alter storylines and characters to ensure the mandated distance between Mutant X and X-Men, as well as fighting Fox's litigation.[12] In November 2005, the dispute was settled in private.

Bickety bam.

Ok bigshot with the wikipaste. Explain Wolverine's Australian accent in PRYDE OF THE X-MEN.

Share this topic:

• 10 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users