• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

House of the Dragon

#181 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 18 October 2022 - 03:54 AM

Ok, that makes sense, especially as it works with Otto's hardline approach of culling the uncommitted reps of their respective houses. I would like to have seen how that situation would have played out. I was thinking Otto wanted to rough up Aegon but wasn't really clear on his ultimate intentions.

#182 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 18 October 2022 - 05:14 AM

Yah. My reading is that Otto doesn't see himself as the low down schemer he is -- he thinks he's doing the best thing for 1) family and 2) realm -- and probably thinks Lord Larys (for instance) is an entirely different, lower species, but a means to an end. (The White Worm, being a commoner, even more so). He uses people like that; he isn't himself people like that. Alicent accurately calls him out for using her as a pawn, and intending to use her son as a pawn as well, but I don't think it's gonna sink in. He's even more self-deluded than Tywin, who thought himself right if not necessarily good (cuz who cares). Otto still considers himself both right and good, despite it all. I think.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#183 User is offline   ContrarianMalazanReader 

• Fist

Posted 24 October 2022 - 02:14 AM

And so begins the Dance of the Dragons.

#184 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 26 October 2022 - 11:48 PM

When Lucerys alighted at Storm's End and Vhagar rose her head in the stormy background, I knew it wasn't going to end well (I mean it's pretty obvi, but was cool to see how it transpired). Aemond was yelling no! no! so dragon and rider are not in complete harmony with each other it seems. Could that be due to Vhagar's age? and cantankerousness that age brings? Earlier it seems that Vhagar choose Aemond (still not sure why she choo-choo-chose him <<< valentine's card). The actor playing Aemond is killing it. If flippin' rules!

The ending scene was badass. That will be one of those iconic shots that will echo through television history.

[EDIT] Oh yeah, who (dragon) was Daemon singing to in old valyrian down in the dragon pit? Man I hope he upgrades from Caraxes. I hate the way that dragon looks. Remember those weird sticky toys that you threw against the wall and they would stick and then slowly slip down the wall? For some reason that's what I think of whenever Caraxes is in a scene.

Another oh yeah. The size of Vhagar! Holy crap!

This post has been edited by Malankazooie: 27 October 2022 - 12:00 AM

#185 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 27 October 2022 - 12:15 AM

Yah the whole finale was super rad. I'm pretty sure that was one of the feral dragons Daemon was singing to. I'm sure QT knows all their names by heart.

I like Caraxes, but it's because he's so creepy and wiggly. It's cool to have such a different design.

On the other hand, I lol'd when the three messengers took off cuz Luke's dragon (Arrax) had such a stubby neck. All these dragons are metaphors.

They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#186 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 27 October 2022 - 01:20 PM

View Postworry, on 27 October 2022 - 12:15 AM, said:

Yah the whole finale was super rad. I'm pretty sure that was one of the feral dragons Daemon was singing to. I'm sure QT knows all their names by heart.

I like Caraxes, but it's because he's so creepy and wiggly. It's cool to have such a different design.

On the other hand, I lol'd when the three messengers took off cuz Luke's dragon (Arrax) had such a stubby neck. All these dragons are metaphors.

If I was Luke and I'd landed my decently big dragon in the courtyard....only to see that fucker Vhagar raise her huge goddamn head and dwarf everything like that....I'd be like "Absolutely the fuck not" Fly home and be like "Hey mom, get Daddy Daemon to deliver this shit"
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#187 User is offline   ContrarianMalazanReader 

• Fist

Posted 28 October 2022 - 02:22 AM

In case anyone is wondering, the dragon Daemon was singing to in the cave is Vermithor, Jahaerys's dragon.

#188 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 20 February 2023 - 07:48 PM

So I'm finally watching this, bit weird that they randomly changed actresses halfway through for Rhaenyra Alicent.

Otherwise it's pretty darn good. There is still conniving and maliciousness as expected but it's a lot more subtle and clever than GoT.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#189 User is offline   Avatar 

• High Fist

Posted 20 February 2023 - 08:54 PM

Otherwise it's pretty darn good. There is still conniving and maliciousness as expected but it's a lot more subtle and clever than GoT.

I agree, loved it even more than I did GoT

#190 User is offline   Olga of the Birch Forest 

• Recruit

Posted 26 February 2023 - 08:09 AM

View PostOlga of the Birch Forest, on 12 September 2022 - 11:35 AM, said:

Stopped after 2 episodes. Very derivative of the original series. Compared to prequel and spin-off series like Better Call Saul, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Frasier, Caprica and Stargate Universe it's appalling how disinterested it is in doing something new.

I like Alicent's hair.

Gave this another go in January. Glad I did. It's good. Being able to watch it all over a few days helped.

Share this topic:

• 10 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users