• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

TI4 Game 7 Sign-ups

#41 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 04 January 2021 - 05:47 PM

Nekro have some interesting new abilities too. They're gonna be an even bigger pain in the ass, that's for sure.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#42 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 04 January 2021 - 05:53 PM

View PostBlend, on 04 January 2021 - 05:18 PM, said:

I have to say that the Hacan hero ability is the one I'm most excited to try out of the original factions.

No way, Creuss hero ability all the way!

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#43 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 04 January 2021 - 05:56 PM

View PostD, on 04 January 2021 - 05:53 PM, said:

I have to say that the Hacan hero ability is the one I'm most excited to try out of the original factions.

Oh come on, you're saying you're not interested in plonking down 2 War Suns and a bunch of Dreads for free as the Hacan?

Although, yes, I guess swapping like Quann and Lodor after they've been colonized would be hilarious.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#44 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 04 January 2021 - 06:05 PM

The saar hero ability looks pretty spectacular to me, killing all infantry and fighters basically lets you waltz into even the most fortified system.

The alliances are going to be interesting too, some of the commander abilities are amazing. Imagine arborec or yin allied with sardakk, infantry invasions without even needing ships!

#45 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 04 January 2021 - 06:13 PM

Just realized that the legendary planets give you access to extra special abilities!

Hope's End: Imperial Arms Vault - You may exhaust this card at the end of your turn to place 1 mech from your reinforcements on any planet you control, or draw 1 action card
Primor: The Atrament - You may exhaust this card at the end of your turn to place up to 2 infantry from your reinforcements on any planet you control
Mallice: Exterrix Headquarters - You may exhaust this card at the end of your turn to gain 2 trade goods or convert all of your commodities into trade goods
Mirage: Mirage Flight Academy - You may exhaust this card at the end of your turn to place up to 2 fighters from your reinforcements in any system that contains 1 or more of your ships

Gonna be real important to keep the Hacan off Mallice, and Naalu or Argent Flight away from Mirage, or Yin or Sol off Primor methinks! :o

#46 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 04 January 2021 - 06:29 PM

I've now read the rules and they seem crazy. The map doesn't look quite resourceful but I'll look at it again properly in a minute.

Are all the new cards in that other thread?
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#47 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 04 January 2021 - 06:33 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 04 January 2021 - 06:29 PM, said:

I've now read the rules and they seem crazy. The map doesn't look quite resourceful but I'll look at it again properly in a minute.

Are all the new cards in that other thread?

Yep, pretty much everything you need is in the Reference Thread.

Drek has done an immense amount of work getting it up to date over the holidays.

#48 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 04 January 2021 - 07:01 PM

Drek you've done wonders!!

#49 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 04 January 2021 - 07:01 PM

I don't know where to start

#50 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 04 January 2021 - 07:05 PM

View PostBlend, on 04 January 2021 - 05:56 PM, said:

Oh come on, you're saying you're not interested in plonking down 2 War Suns and a bunch of Dreads for free as the Hacan?

Although, yes, I guess swapping like Quann and Lodor after they've been colonized would be hilarious.

Why swap Quann and Lodor when you can swap, say, Mecatol Rex and the Creuss Gate. Or two other players' homeworlds on opposite sides of the map.

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#51 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 04 January 2021 - 07:07 PM

View PostD, on 04 January 2021 - 07:05 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 04 January 2021 - 05:56 PM, said:

Why swap Quann and Lodor when you can swap, say, Mecatol Rex and the Creuss Gate. Or two other players' homeworlds on opposite sides of the map.

!!!! :o

#52 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 04 January 2021 - 07:12 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 04 January 2021 - 07:01 PM, said:

I don't know where to start

Start here: https://images-cdn.f...ok_web-good.pdf

Leaders and Exploration are the most important new bits since they're entirely new mechanics.

Everything else is pretty much just new cards but old mechanics - e.g. new technologies but they work just like the old ones (and you don't have to worry about them until you get to your first research, anyway).

The 7 new factions are basically:

Argent Flight - Bird People that have really good destroyers with capacity

Ul Titans - Golem Dudes that have special cruisers and PDSs that can build + fight like ground troops, and a mechanic where they leave tokens on planets that can later turn into those PDSs.

Mahact - Gene-wizards that can copy other players' commander abilities

Vuil'raith - Space Kaiju that capture opponents' ships, so the opponent can't rebuild them and their space docks are gravity rifts.

Naaz-Rokha - Monkey+Panther people that are the best at exploring.

Nomad - Time-travelling Dude with 5 leaders instead of 3, a unique flagship, and some economic boosts.

Empyrean - Creepy Space Bats that are *very* negotiation-based - they have a whole whack of abilities around making deals with other players.

If any of those sound fun to you, pick them and figure it out later :p Otherwise, pick a few old factions and take a look at what their new stuff is on the TI4 wiki (see the link in the Factions section of the reference thread).

#53 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 04 January 2021 - 08:26 PM

I read that. Thank you, just need to read a few races. Is command tokens still going to be the main struggle?

#54 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 04 January 2021 - 08:32 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 04 January 2021 - 08:26 PM, said:

I read that. Thank you, just need to read a few races. Is command tokens still going to be the main struggle?

I think so, yes - but there will be more dimensions to what people want and/or do not want to do because of the exploration decks and relic fragments and legendary planets and stuff...

#55 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 04 January 2021 - 08:41 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 04 January 2021 - 08:26 PM, said:

Yup, no way of getting away from the command token troubles.

Of the new factions, Mahact and Naaz-Rokha have some boosts to their command token economy, maybe on a similar level to Letnev but probably not at Sol or Nekro level of CTs. And Nomad seems to get lots of trade goods so they can probably afford to buy lots of TGs, like Hacan.

#56 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 04 January 2021 - 09:20 PM

If anything they will be more in demand than before, all the new PO's look like they will be CT hungry.

But on the plus side pretty much everything you do now could result in points.

#57 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 05 January 2021 - 06:52 AM

ah great, I always enjoy being neighbors with Khell. That has never worked out poorly!
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#58 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 05 January 2021 - 06:53 AM

So, am I correct in there being no current connection to Mallice? I assume there'll be an explore token or something weird.

#59 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 05 January 2021 - 07:37 AM

View PostMorgoth, on 05 January 2021 - 06:53 AM, said:

So, am I correct in there being no current connection to Mallice? I assume there'll be an explore token or something weird.

The frontier tokens, the agendas or some of the action cards I believe can all reveal a connection to mallice. Once someone takes it it connects to all wormholes as normal.

Cam creuss just move there? Or cause a wormhole to appear there?

#60 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 05 January 2021 - 08:03 AM

That would be thematically appropriate.

There are so many factions I want to try now, both old and new!

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users