• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

TI4 Game 5 - Chat Thread

#101 User is offline   Itwæs Nom 

• Inquisitor of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 10 August 2020 - 05:49 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 10 August 2020 - 01:30 PM, said:

Nom, I'd be happy to refresh you in turn, if you offer me a free refresh now.

And a comm swap if possible?

Don't really have an idea what I want to do yet so might not be possible but would appreciate the potentiality, and since *obvious points* my strategy will largely depend on yours and how interested you're in Arinam/M, which I'd assume a lot, and our subsequential agreement or disagreement over it
All things fall from kings to rose petals

#102 User is offline   Itwæs Nom 

• Inquisitor of High House Mafia

Posted 10 August 2020 - 05:53 PM

And I guess I'll be giving out round long pillage reliefs (aint playing this authoratian shit bout taxes) to whomever swaps with me, tho imma think about how that applies to the kitties
All things fall from kings to rose petals

#103 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 10 August 2020 - 06:36 PM

What's the current thought on free refreshes?
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#104 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 10 August 2020 - 07:16 PM

View PostItwæs Nom, on 10 August 2020 - 05:53 PM, said:

And I guess I'll be giving out round long pillage reliefs (aint playing this authoratian shit bout taxes) to whomever swaps with me, tho imma think about how that applies to the kitties

Obviously being next to me and picking Mentak after I'd picked Hacan is a pretty overt gesture of hostility, but I'm certainly open to an easing of tensions if and when you decide otherwise.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#105 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 10 August 2020 - 07:55 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 10 August 2020 - 04:15 PM, said:

View PostImperial Historian, on 10 August 2020 - 01:06 PM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 10 August 2020 - 12:50 PM, said:

View PostD, on 10 August 2020 - 12:41 PM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 10 August 2020 - 12:20 PM, said:

View PostD, on 10 August 2020 - 11:56 AM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 10 August 2020 - 07:45 AM, said:

Do I sound aggressive? That wasn't my intention. Your post rings of flowers and happiness when you are a rolling death ball of a race. I'll never have your good natured destruction vibes.

It is kind of aggressive to tell your neighbour that you think the system equidistant between you should be all yours by default and they should just suck it up... especially when I think Twelve could simply take all of Arnor/Lor this round and there's not much you could do about it?

Looking at the map everyone should have similar amount of planets not necessarily similar res/inf. I was going to not dispute Lodor or talk that system with Twelve, but as you say he can take it, he has Warfare strategy. I think the aggressor is the one that says what are you going to pay me for it as he's assuming they belong to him. Now exactly the same distant is Mellon/Zohbat which imo is a better system. No? So the only way he goes to the east is to try an extort something from me, or he's planning on taking both sytems.

{A} Twelve has 2 carriers and 4 infantry. He can go East and West, y'know.

{B} Unlike you with Arnor/Lor, I can get to Wellon/Zohbat before Twelve can, so I could actually try to extort him over it because I have some actual leverage there (not that I want to - that's not the Hacan way). You have no such leverage over Arnor/Lor, that I can see. Especially not enough to just say "Well I'll be taking the whole system and expect you to be fine with that".

{C} Saying you're just going to roll over with IH and not even try to contest the system that is halfway between you two, one of the most valuable systems in the game, probably makes everyone else a bit nervous considering IH's history, so it's not a good look for you.

I think IH will be going where IH wants to go. He picked a strong wandering war race after I chose Jol Nar. Getting into a battle with him would be foolish of me, I think I'll be taking defensive measures in case he wants to come call.

Defensive measures are always wise, a PDS network is probably a good deterrent.

You can always give me encouragement to go elsewhere, I'm not against forging a lasting alliance throughout the game and leaving you in peace (in fact I'd prefer it), but my race is strong at the beginning of the game, and yours is stronger at the end, so I'd be foolish to leave you free to grow via tech and skimp on spending resources on military without some compensation.

A SFTT swap is definitely a possibility, and I'd be willing to leave you free to get Lodor and such and the freedom of mind of not worrying about me as long as I get something for my time, hypermetabolism, and being nominated speaker (I'd leave you first pick) would go a long way towards that.

I'm going to think on this. My systems don't look all that juicy to you and yours but I know you can ruin my day if you tried. I can see you not wanting Lodor because of the Mentak tax. So let me see if I can agree to something.

Okay IH, a few of these things I can agree to. I'm going to deal with Drek with my research agreement I think as she will be paying me for its use.

However a swap of SFTT, and me selecting you as Speaker would that be enough to have an amicable relationship? I mean from there I wouldn't say no to future dealings with regards to my racial.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#106 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 10 August 2020 - 07:59 PM

View PostD, on 10 August 2020 - 04:11 PM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 10 August 2020 - 03:13 PM, said:

View PostD, on 10 August 2020 - 01:14 PM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 10 August 2020 - 12:46 PM, said:

View PostD, on 10 August 2020 - 12:43 PM, said:

View PostImperial Historian, on 10 August 2020 - 12:28 PM, said:

Neighbours/Hacan, anyone interested in a commodity swap in the event I agree a free trade refresh?

I'll do 2 for sure, possibly more.

I'll trade with you too D'rek if you would like? Would you also consider a racial swap? I have not thought that through yet but instead of paying 6 resources for the second research you'd be giving them to me and you'll get a better technology. I am thinking ether PDS 2 or Hyper Metabolism.

Yup, we can also do a 2:2 swap.

As for the racial swap, I'm a bit hesitant since mine is a permanent ability I'll never get back. Can I put a stipulation on it that you don't use it to make any trades with Mentak?

Actually was thinking of your trade agreement in return for my racial. I thought your racial was similar but its trade with anyone isn't it?

That's what I was on about with the 6 resources.

Ohh, I see. Okay, in that case I would give you my trade agreement this round in exchange for your research agreement under the following conditions:

a} You have to research Hypermetabolism (PDS2 is relatively easy for me to get on my own, and not as valuable to get first round)
b} You can't use the trade agreement this round - I need those resources to bolster early expansion, of course. (But I will 4:4 commodity swap with you if you like, so you are guaranteed to get your full commodities this round).

Okay, I'll agree to this. Swap my racial for your trade agreement. No using it this round. I use it to research Hyper metabolism and we agree to trade commodities 4:4.

#107 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 10 August 2020 - 08:19 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 10 August 2020 - 07:59 PM, said:

View PostD, on 10 August 2020 - 04:11 PM, said:

Ohh, I see. Okay, in that case I would give you my trade agreement this round in exchange for your research agreement under the following conditions:

a} You have to research Hypermetabolism (PDS2 is relatively easy for me to get on my own, and not as valuable to get first round)
b} You can't use the trade agreement this round - I need those resources to bolster early expansion, of course. (But I will 4:4 commodity swap with you if you like, so you are guaranteed to get your full commodities this round).

Okay, I'll agree to this. Swap my racial for your trade agreement. No using it this round. I use it to research Hyper metabolism and we agree to trade commodities 4:4.

Cool, sounds good

View PostTattersail_, on 10 August 2020 - 07:55 PM, said:

You can always give me encouragement to go elsewhere, I'm not against forging a lasting alliance throughout the game and leaving you in peace (in fact I'd prefer it), but my race is strong at the beginning of the game, and yours is stronger at the end, so I'd be foolish to leave you free to grow via tech and skimp on spending resources on military without some compensation.

A SFTT swap is definitely a possibility, and I'd be willing to leave you free to get Lodor and such and the freedom of mind of not worrying about me as long as I get something for my time, hypermetabolism, and being nominated speaker (I'd leave you first pick) would go a long way towards that.

I'm going to think on this. My systems don't look all that juicy to you and yours but I know you can ruin my day if you tried. I can see you not wanting Lodor because of the Mentak tax. So let me see if I can agree to something.

Okay IH, a few of these things I can agree to. I'm going to deal with Drek with my research agreement I think as she will be paying me for its use.

However a swap of SFTT, and me selecting you as Speaker would that be enough to have an amicable relationship? I mean from there I wouldn't say no to future dealings with regards to my racial.

Baaaah, don't give into IH's posturing. Bereg/Lirta is already half yours, Tatts, and Lodor is full yours! And IH has plenty of worries on his other side with a big hunking war sun coming down on him. You can talk him down *at least* into just a regular SFTT swap, even moreso if you're planning to also give up your half of Bereg/Lirta. Giving him speaker on top of that is just ridiculous, might as well roll over and ask him to scratch your tummy

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#108 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 10 August 2020 - 08:44 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 10 August 2020 - 03:47 PM, said:

View Posttwelve, on 10 August 2020 - 03:30 PM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 10 August 2020 - 06:46 AM, said:

View Posttwelve, on 10 August 2020 - 06:38 AM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 09 August 2020 - 09:40 PM, said:

View Posttwelve, on 09 August 2020 - 08:10 PM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 09 August 2020 - 06:36 PM, said:

Twelve what are you thinking of border lines?

What do you have in mind and what are you going to pay me for it?

I'd pay you if I was asking something specific but was wondering what you'd like to determine early. I'd assume you'd want a straight run to Mec Rex? Border would be me having Arnor Lor. You having anything West of that. I'll probably need those two to fend off whatever IH is planning with his bully tactic.

As I said what will you pay for them? I am sitting on warfare so plan on picking up a good round 1 haul of planets. And that system is on my to do list, deal or no deal. And what you are willing to pay for me to vacate them after I exhaust them will factor in on us reaching said deal.

I'm not looking to be extorted. I thought you'd come to a friendly agreement this early to continue a good relationship throughout this game. Obviously you have other plans. No you are not getting my research agreement. That's what you are hinting towards. If anyone wants that they're going to have to pay me not the other way round.

Not trying to extort. Just pointing out I'm going to get to the equidistant first but am willing to share/vacate for a price. And you haven't been the best neighbor I've ever had so I'm disinclined to trust you very much.

What "price" do you have in mind?

Well with the public objective in play I'm less interested in dealing at the moment. Once I've scored it then we can talk.

#109 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 10 August 2020 - 08:52 PM

Do I sound aggressive? That wasn't my intention. Your post rings of flowers and happiness when you are a rolling death ball of a race. I'll never have your good natured destruction vibes.

It is kind of aggressive to tell your neighbour that you think the system equidistant between you should be all yours by default and they should just suck it up... especially when I think Twelve could simply take all of Arnor/Lor this round and there's not much you could do about it?

Looking at the map everyone should have similar amount of planets not necessarily similar res/inf. I was going to not dispute Lodor or talk that system with Twelve, but as you say he can take it, he has Warfare strategy. I think the aggressor is the one that says what are you going to pay me for it as he's assuming they belong to him. Now exactly the same distant is Mellon/Zohbat which imo is a better system. No? So the only way he goes to the east is to try an extort something from me, or he's planning on taking both sytems.

{B} Unlike you with Arnor/Lor, I can get to Wellon/Zohbat before Twelve can, so I could actually try to extort him over it because I have some actual leverage there (not that I want to - that's not the Hacan way). You have no such leverage over Arnor/Lor, that I can see. Especially not enough to just say "Well I'll be taking the whole system and expect you to be fine with that".

{C} Saying you're just going to roll over with IH and not even try to contest the system that is halfway between you two, one of the most valuable systems in the game, probably makes everyone else a bit nervous considering IH's history, so it's not a good look for you.

I think IH will be going where IH wants to go. He picked a strong wandering war race after I chose Jol Nar. Getting into a battle with him would be foolish of me, I think I'll be taking defensive measures in case he wants to come call.

You know you can trade away your racial mid research? So after d'rek uses it you could still trade it to me and I could use it for the second tech you research that turn.

I was mainly interested in hypermetabolism, but for whatever tech you are researching after d'rek uses your agreement (which costs you nothing), speaker (which costs you nothing, I'll leave you first pick) and sftt swap we have a deal and your lands will be free of saar.

I'll also agree to swap out any commodities you need in future turns in a mentax friendly way.

#110 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 11 August 2020 - 07:34 AM

View PostItwæs Nom, on 10 August 2020 - 05:49 PM, said:

Don't really have an idea what I want to do yet so might not be possible but would appreciate the potentiality, and since *obvious points* my strategy will largely depend on yours and how interested you're in Arinam/M, which I'd assume a lot, and our subsequential agreement or disagreement over it

I'd be happy to exchange commodities. As we have so much room to go in other directions, I hope we can come to an agreement that will secure calm relations. I am entirely dependent on securing Arinam Meer for myself though. The Muaat depend heavily on access to tokens, more than most, I'll be pumping out fighters en masse, and so I will pour all my resources into securing the system. It provides me much of what I need, and it's a readily defensible bottleneck bordering on a supernova. I can move through supernovas you know, and I get benefits from having systems that border on supernovas.

I understand that you'd like the system too, and find it not at all satisfying to lose it, but I hope you can see that my position makes it a do or die sort of scenario.

In return though, you'll be left with a neighbour who's happy to trade and negotiate an alliance, and who will put his considerable war potential to use in other ares of the galaxy. In time we might find a deal for War Suns too, depending on how the galaxy develops.

This post has been edited by Morgoth: 11 August 2020 - 12:07 PM

Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#111 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 11 August 2020 - 09:23 AM

View PostImperial Historian, on 10 August 2020 - 08:52 PM, said:

You know you can trade away your racial mid research? So after d'rek uses it you could still trade it to me and I could use it for the second tech you research that turn.

I was mainly interested in hypermetabolism, but for whatever tech you are researching after d'rek uses your agreement (which costs you nothing), speaker (which costs you nothing, I'll leave you first pick) and sftt swap we have a deal and your lands will be free of saar.

I'll also agree to swap out any commodities you need in future turns in a mentax friendly way.

I don't know if I am going to do 2 researches round 1.

Everyone's PN costs them nothing to give out, same with Speaker and if it was worthless then there'd be no bargaining power. So don't come at me with your skewed views.

Research agreement - Hyper Metabolism as an example. You would need to research green tech twice before you could achieve that. There's no green skip near you either. So minimum cost of you getting Hyper Metabolism is secondary this round, 1 CT and 4 resources. So 7 resources for Neural Motivator. If you get technology next round first research DA then second research 6 resources Hyper Metabolism. So minium spend for you to get HM is 13 resources. However without the "free" speaker token you were talking about, the likelihood of you gaining tech would be 0%. Last pick. So you would spend a CT and 4 resources (7) just to get DA. So earliest HM would arrive to you would be round 3, and the minimum spend on that tech for you would be 14 resources if you get Technology or 21 resources if you don't. So don't tell me my racial is worthless/free. I know it's worth.

I haven't planned past my first and second move. Which is why I said I'm the poorest player, you probably have about 10 moves in advance.

I give you the speaker token and we swap SFTT. I'll have no designs on Bereg/Lirta whilst you hold it. You stay out of that asteroid belt near my home system and take your Saar ball elsewhere. Research agreement can be discussed if I do plan on a second technology this round or if not then we can discuss it next round.

#112 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 11 August 2020 - 11:23 AM

Everyone's PN costs them nothing to give out, same with Speaker and if it was worthless then there'd be no bargaining power. So don't come at me with your skewed views.

No most people's PNs cost them something, it either costs a CT, is one time use or is directly detrimental to the person giving it out. I think the Jol Nars PN is unique in not costing anything, it's just a free tech to someone else. It's by far the best jol nar feature.

That's not to say it doesn't have value, but it costs you nothing (which is why it's great). If I didn't value it it wouldn't be worth doing deal. Equally me not attacking you costs me nothing but clearly has value to you.

I'm not doing a sftt swap without a free tech in the mix and not just a vague promise, I'm well aware of the value to me of getting free tech. I am also aware of the value to me of not having my options constrained by a deal with you.

Otherwise the terms of your deal sound reasonable, I'd planned to occupy the asteroid belt this turn but I can leave it empty and take the other one. If you need to give me your tech in a later round I'm happy to delay sftt swaps until then, or if you agree to give it me next time you research we can swap sftt this round.

#113 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 11 August 2020 - 12:59 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 11 August 2020 - 07:34 AM, said:

View PostItwæs Nom, on 10 August 2020 - 05:49 PM, said:

I'd be happy to exchange commodities. As we have so much room to go in other directions, I hope we can come to an agreement that will secure calm relations. I am entirely dependent on securing Arinam Meer for myself though. The Muaat depend heavily on access to tokens, more than most, I'll be pumping out fighters en masse, and so I will pour all my resources into securing the system. It provides me much of what I need, and it's a readily defensible bottleneck bordering on a supernova. I can move through supernovas you know, and I get benefits from having systems that border on supernovas.

I understand that you'd like the system too, and find it not at all satisfying to lose it, but I hope you can see that my position makes it a do or die sort of scenario.

In return though, you'll be left with a neighbour who's happy to trade and negotiate an alliance, and who will put his considerable war potential to use in other ares of the galaxy. In time we might find a deal for War Suns too, depending on how the galaxy develops.

Ooooooo let me try, too!

@Nom - As we have so much room to go in other directions, I hope we can come to an agreement that will secure calm relations. I am entirely dependent on securing Starpoint-New Albion for myself though. The Hacan depend heavily on access to resources, more than most, I'll be pumping out cruisers en masse, and so I will pour all my resources into securing the system. It provides me much of what I need, and it's a readily defensible bottleneck bordering on a nebula and wormhole. I can move through nebulas and wormholes you know, and sometimes I have an unstoppable itch on my left elbow.

In return though, you'll be left with a neighbour who's happy to trade and negotiate an alliance, and who will put her considerable economic potential to use in other ares of the galaxy. In time we might find a deal for guilds and trade too, depending on how the galaxy develops.

#114 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 11 August 2020 - 06:37 PM

Twelve, what do you want to do about Wellon/Zohbat? I'm happy to just split it half-half, you get one planet and I get the other.

#115 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 11 August 2020 - 08:19 PM

View PostD, on 11 August 2020 - 06:37 PM, said:

Twelve, what do you want to do about Wellon/Zohbat? I'm happy to just split it half-half, you get one planet and I get the other.

I'd be down for that. I may want to hold both at least briefly if I cant scrounge up planet number 6 some other way but we can cross that bridge if and when we need to. How do you want to do it?

#116 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 11 August 2020 - 08:24 PM

View Posttwelve, on 11 August 2020 - 08:19 PM, said:

I'd be down for that. I may want to hold both at least briefly if I cant scrounge up planet number 6 some other way but we can cross that bridge if and when we need to. How do you want to do it?

If you want to take it this round and then get your ships out of the way early next round so I can take the other planet that's fine, but in exchange I want first pick of planet - Zohbat (I figure you'd be happy with a 2-inf planet as Yin anyway?).

And yeah if the 6-planet objective comes up later we can work out a temporary loan back of Zohbat (or, perhaps Thibah) at that point, but that objective may never come up in the first place so not too much fuss worrying about it now.

#117 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 11 August 2020 - 08:28 PM

View PostD, on 11 August 2020 - 08:24 PM, said:

If you want to take it this round and then get your ships out of the way early next round so I can take the other planet that's fine, but in exchange I want first pick of planet - Zohbat (I figure you'd be happy with a 2-inf planet as Yin anyway?).

And yeah if the 6-planet objective comes up later we can work out a temporary loan back of Zohbat (or, perhaps Thibah) at that point, but that objective may never come up in the first place so not too much fuss worrying about it now.

So you'd be okay with me getting 1 use out of Zohbat in this scenario? Granted if I can spend it quick enough that is.

#118 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 11 August 2020 - 08:30 PM

Hasn't the 6 planet objective already come out?

#119 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 11 August 2020 - 08:31 PM

View Posttwelve, on 11 August 2020 - 08:28 PM, said:

View PostD, on 11 August 2020 - 08:24 PM, said:

So you'd be okay with me getting 1 use out of Zohbat in this scenario? Granted if I can spend it quick enough that is.

Yeah, that's fine. With no one picking Diplomacy this round it'll probably be hard to get that use out of it quickly, but you're welcome to try.

#120 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 11 August 2020 - 08:32 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 11 August 2020 - 08:30 PM, said:

Hasn't the 6 planet objective already come out?

Not gonna lie... I forgot there were objectives already up and hadn't actually looked at them yet :doh:

Share this topic:

• 16 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users