• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Justice League: The Snyder Cut HBO Max 2021

#61 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 23 August 2020 - 07:39 AM

To be fair, he was sasssing Scott Mendelssohn...an absolute Piece of human trash, purveyor of click bait who bends his whim to whatever he think the masses will like the stink of. He is a cancer on the film critic industry...and from what I understand a straight asshole in real life...so you know what? I’m okay with Snyder giving him a verbal lashing.

Had it been anyone else, I might have not been okay with it too...but Mendelson is a fucking vile human being who lives off people fighting over shit on the internet.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 23 August 2020 - 07:41 AM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#62 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 23 August 2020 - 07:44 AM

I'm okay with it too but when he puts it like he did he's dismissing everyone who enjoys a saturday morning cartoon feel as a child. Lash the person you're lashing not a large group of people quite a few of whom are probably in your own fandom.
I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you.

#63 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 23 August 2020 - 07:48 AM

View Postpolishgenius, on 23 August 2020 - 07:44 AM, said:

I'm okay with it too but when he puts it like he did he's dismissing everyone who enjoys a saturday morning cartoon feel as a child. Lash the person you're lashing not a large group of people quite a few of whom are probably in your own fandom.

I mean he’s had to deal with 3 years or more of people calling it the Murderverse and ppl calling him Hack Snyder...and whole websites (io9 for example) running hit piece after hit piece about his gritty take....all because of a bunch of hypocritical gatekeeping assholes who are fine with messing with Star Wars....but gods forbid you touch Superman and batman....

So you know what? I’d be touchy as hell too. And I’d lean into what ppl had been calling me for years...

And he seems like a really genuine guy...so I think some ppl just push his buttons and he lashes back, and I’m cool with that.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#64 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 10 October 2020 - 11:39 PM

View PostBriar King, on 10 October 2020 - 08:01 PM, said:

Did this come out?? I’m watching JL now and it says it’s directed by Synder.

Not yet. The existing one is a Joss Whedon movie, even tho they slapped Snyder’s name on it

#65 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage

Posted 29 October 2020 - 10:55 PM

Ray Fisher going in

#66 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 29 October 2020 - 11:36 PM

Daaaaaaaang, you go Ray Fisher.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#67 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 30 October 2020 - 11:42 AM

Yep. Good for him. These people need to be called out.

#68 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 14 February 2021 - 05:09 PM

Some people: Snyder’s Cut won’t be a different movie.

Snyder: oh really?!

https://youtu.be/HVxF7ZZP8ZI

Looks like a completely different film to me. Looks stunning!

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 14 February 2021 - 05:10 PM

#69 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 19 February 2021 - 09:53 PM

Cross post from Ye Big Movie thread:

https://forum.malaza...ost__p__1428689
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#70 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 22 February 2021 - 02:27 PM

View PostTsundoku, on 19 February 2021 - 09:53 PM, said:

Cross post from Ye Big Movie thread:

https://forum.malaza...ost__p__1428689

I mean that's not a wrong way to look at it. It's doing a few things that are pretty groundbreaking. It's essentially "The Donner Cut" of SUPERMAN II situation on steroids (which is a pretty big deal). It's also capping a trilogy of films in the same mode, style, and storytelling mode as the previous two entries (MoS and BvS: Ultimate Cut) because it connects to both. It's coming on the tail of new allegations FINALLY likely sinking the career of the guy who had taken over (Joss Whedon) and reshot JL, and on the back of actors speaking out about poor treatment like Ray Fisher and Gal Gadot from that individual AND reportedly the head of the studio. It's the first BIG move by the new owners of Warner Bros. at the corporate level, AT&T creatively. And lastly, but not least, it's the first BIG tentpole action movie being released by a major studio on their new-is Streaming Service HBO Max, at the head of what will be a year of releases in that format (including GODZILLA VS KONG, DUNE, MORTAL KOMBAT, SPACE JAM 2, THE SUICIDE SQUAD, MATRIX 4)...and it's a 4 part EVENT.

For all intents and purposes, in a normal year it would be a big event...in 2021 with COVID and Streaming movies...it's pretty massive.

Now let's see if that pays off or not.

#71 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage

Posted 22 February 2021 - 08:55 PM

https://twitter.com/...874170107351044

2Edgy4me

#72 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 22 February 2021 - 09:16 PM

View Postpolishgenius, on 22 February 2021 - 08:55 PM, said:

So that's how he got rid of that
Spoiler

#73 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 23 February 2021 - 12:24 AM

View Postpolishgenius, on 22 February 2021 - 08:55 PM, said:

Odds that this was 100% Jared Leto’s idea are high. Lol

#74 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 23 February 2021 - 12:46 AM

https://www.vanityfa...ague-snyder-cut

#75 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 17 March 2021 - 04:37 PM

I have not watched it yet, but (and I know we try not to take RT scores too literally because there is no nuance to the "score")...the overall critical score for the Snyder Cut is already pushing 80% Fresh.

I admit I was not expecting that high of a score from critics. I dove into the individual (non-spoiler) reviews from a few of the critics I trust and they all agree that not only is it wildly better than 2017's Whedon Cut...but that they can see now how all the plot points that seemed so lost in Whedon's version make more sense in this.

And funnily enough, this is the same issue with the difference between the Theatrical Cut of BvS and the restored Ultimate Cut of BVS...the theatrical cut (demanded by the studio and not endorsed by Snyder) removes a whole bunch of reasons for plot points...and they seem lost in the theatrical. Restored in the Ultimate Cut the whole movie just makes more sense and works better. Sounds like the same is true of Snyder's Cut of JL.

Anyways, I'm excited to see it tomorrow...though I don't know how many nights it will take us to view it as we can't manage 4hours in one sitting after the kids go to bed...but maybe two nights.

#76 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 17 March 2021 - 05:12 PM

View PostBriar King, on 17 March 2021 - 04:46 PM, said:

Is the BvS ultimate on there? My god I hated that movie at the cinema but I’ve not seen that cut. I will check it out before JL Sny if it’s up though.

Oh, I don't know if the Ultimate Cut is on HBO Max (I get my HBO Max through Crave in Canada so we will have different lists)....worth looking into though if you've not seen that cut.

And yes, the UC is VASTLY better. I enjoyed the Theatrical to an extent when I originally saw it, but still had issues with it. Most of those issues melted away in the Ultimate Cut which I really, really enjoy.

The UC makes certain things much more clear. Here's a comprehensive list of the restorations:

https://collider.com...on-differences/

#77 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 17 March 2021 - 05:13 PM

How long did it end up being?

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#78 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 17 March 2021 - 05:18 PM

View PostD, on 17 March 2021 - 05:13 PM, said:

How long did it end up being?

Which? BvS Ultimate Cut? 3hrs3minutes

Or The Snyder Cut of JL? 4hrs2minutes reportedly.

#79 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 18 March 2021 - 05:45 PM

Yeezus, does that even count as a movie at that point?

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#80 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 18 March 2021 - 05:58 PM

View PostD, on 18 March 2021 - 05:45 PM, said:

Yeezus, does that even count as a movie at that point?

RETURN OF THE KING Extended Edition is 4hrs38minutes.

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users