• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Justice League: The Snyder Cut HBO Max 2021

#41 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 31 May 2020 - 08:11 AM

... Philadelphia?
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#42 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 31 May 2020 - 07:02 PM

The Aristocrats!
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#43 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 18 June 2020 - 04:20 PM

Oh yeah baby!

EDIT to say: Here's what I love. The first footage from Snyder's cut is the first still photo (WW) we ever saw from his cut after the theatrical abomination dropped...AND it's a plot strand from Batman V Superman being used to link into JL (one of the many strands Joss Whedon did away with), which only helps sell the notion that this will be the real sequel to MoS and BvS.

Also Junkie XL score!!!!!!!! AHAHHWHSDNFKDACNADFMAEK!!!!

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 18 June 2020 - 04:31 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#44 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 02 July 2020 - 12:13 PM

So Ray Fisher (Cyborg) has spoken out against Joss Whedon in two tweets over the last few days, as well as producers Jon Berg and Geoff Johns (who also has a long history with DC comics as pretty much their go-to writer):

The first tweet is sort of just some shade aimed Joss's way

This second tweet is much more explicit though

So here's the thing. A fair amount of people have come out in defence of Joss, or saying that without proof, Ray is just not going to convince them...

But we have a TONNE of proof that Joss is not who he seems to be, both directly and indirectly, there have been stories about him for years. I won't make you search for these things, I'll link/describe them: https://www.thecut.c...or-a-guide.html

Exhibit A: Actor Charisma Carpenter (Cordy on BUFFY and ANGEL) told Joss she was preggers before S4, and S4 became the season where she becomes evil and then she was fired.
Exhibit B: He cheated on (with young actresses) and gaslit his own wife about it, who wrote a long essay about it for media consumption on his fake feminism.
Exhibit C: His Wonder Woman script was a sexist dumpster fire.
Exhibit D: His Batgirl script treatment was a sexist dumpster fire.
Exhibit E: When Gal Gadot refused to do certain scenes in the JUSTICE LEAGUE reshoots, Whedon reportedly threatened her when she didn't want to do the "Flash falls on her boobs" scene that he'd written (a scene that ALSO appears in AVENGERS:AoU between Black Widow and Hulk). He locked her in a room, and said "Am I dead today, because that's the only way you're not doing this scene. I will take away Patty's movie (Wonder Woman), just like I did Zack's." In the end she still refused and he had to buckle...but he still did the scene just with her stunt double, which is why you can't see her face in that scene in the finished film.
Exhibit F: Ben Affleck, being one of the ones with the most "actor" clout on set during the reshoots, reportedly tried to organize the actors to walk off the set due to Whedon's treatment of the cast and crew...but it never happened. I'm unsure why, but the media people who said this seemed to indicate that WB brought the hammer down on them.

As for Johns, he's been a fairly untouchable golden boy for a while now, but after this tweet by Ray some women have begun speaking out on him and saying that he behaved inappropriately with them. Whether there's more to that out not, I don't know.

I do know that Ray Fisher has spoken out at a time when he might face the least backlash, considering that in the wake of massive BLM protests about treatment from police, POC are speaking up about treatment and representation in the whole of Hollywood (to be fair they've been doing it a while and no one has really been listening) and some people at least seem to finally be listening...but sadly he is still facing some backlash from those who don't believe him.

I would imagine that the rest fo the cast, especially Gal and Jason have stories too, and Ray is the tip of the iceberg...and if I had to guess, perhaps some NDA's expired and they feel safe talking now. The fact that Ray spoke up first (who has the most to lose) says that this is not the end of these allegations/revelations.

I expect more in the days to come.

I'm still baffled how Joss escaped the career drop he should have gotten after the essay by his wife came out...so while this is not news to me, perhaps this is finally that reckoning? Who knows.

Conversely, no one has anything bad to say about working with Snyder. Love or hate his movies, he sounds like a super professional dude who people enjoy working with. That's rare in Hollywood.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 02 July 2020 - 12:18 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#45 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 02 July 2020 - 12:31 PM

This is sad news. I've no particular love for Whedon's Marvel stuff but Buffy and Angel have a special place in my teenage nerd heart.

#46 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 02 July 2020 - 01:14 PM

View PostAptorian, on 02 July 2020 - 12:31 PM, said:

This is sad news. I've no particular love for Whedon's Marvel stuff but Buffy and Angel have a special place in my teenage nerd heart.

I feel like during BUFFY he was still keeping any tendencies under wraps...and it wasn't until ANGEL that he started to exercise some of his more control freak/asshole tendencies...

That said, Sarah Michelle Gellar (and many fans) famously disagreed with the Buffy / Spike relationship because she didn't feel like it was representative of who Buffy would be after losing Angel..but apparently Joss insisted that Buffy have a love interest.

So at the very least the bad writing/character tendencies were already present in the BUFFY days, as was disagreeing with his cast and vetoing their feelings.

But yes, I also held BUFFY in high esteem. I'll still watch it becuase of SMG and everyone else who worked on it who wasn't a shitbag...but it will be cold day in hell if I ever see one of his films again.

#47 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 02 July 2020 - 02:01 PM

Adding in a tweet from June 6th where Ray praises Snyder and writer Chris Terrio, worth noting in this discussion.

#48 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 03 July 2020 - 04:29 AM

View PostQuickTidal, on 02 July 2020 - 01:14 PM, said:

That said, Sarah Michelle Gellar (and many fans) famously disagreed with the Buffy / Spike relationship because she didn't feel like it was representative of who Buffy would be after losing Angel..but apparently Joss insisted that Buffy have a love interest.

So at the very least the bad writing/character tendencies were already present in the BUFFY days, as was disagreeing with his cast and vetoing their feelings.

I mean, a showrunner overuling his cast on how their character should go isn't intrinsically arsehole behaviour, ultimately it's really part of the job. It might be the wrong decision but it's got to be done sometimes. It isn't really till the Charisma Carpenters stuff that you can start really start saying 'well we shoulda known' type things.

How much this will affect him will depend sadly on how much others speak out, since Ray Fisher isn't hugely cloutful. If Gal Gadot speaks out you have to imagine he's done(and gotta give credit where credit is due to the DCEU they pushed two women from stardom to can-push-things-in-Hollywood megastardom, something Marvel has signally failed to do, so fair fucks for that).
I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you.

#49 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 03 July 2020 - 06:17 AM

View Postpolishgenius, on 03 July 2020 - 04:29 AM, said:

If Gal Gadot speaks out you have to imagine he's done(and gotta give credit where credit is due to the DCEU they pushed two women from stardom to can-push-things-in-Hollywood megastardom, something Marvel has signally failed to do, so fair fucks for that).

Who's the other person besides Gal Gadot? The Harley Quinn actress?

#50 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 03 July 2020 - 08:59 AM

View PostAptorian, on 03 July 2020 - 06:17 AM, said:

View Postpolishgenius, on 03 July 2020 - 04:29 AM, said:

If Gal Gadot speaks out you have to imagine he's done(and gotta give credit where credit is due to the DCEU they pushed two women from stardom to can-push-things-in-Hollywood megastardom, something Marvel has signally failed to do, so fair fucks for that).

Who's the other person besides Gal Gadot? The Harley Quinn actress?

Could be Margot Robbie, yes, or perhaps Patty Jenkins?
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#51 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 03 July 2020 - 09:08 AM

Robbie was a big star anyway, SS and BoP did nothing to enhance her name.

#52 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 03 July 2020 - 09:19 AM

I'd never heard of her before Suicide Squad.

#53 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage

Posted 03 July 2020 - 04:32 PM

View PostMacros, on 03 July 2020 - 09:08 AM, said:

Robbie was a big star anyway, SS and BoP did nothing to enhance her name.

She was fairly big off the back of Wolf of Wall Street but Suicide Squad earned so much money and so much positive attention on Harley that she got creative input and producer duties that corner of the DCEU and she's also become a producer on other films, and generally put herself into a position where she can pick her projects much better (which has also netted her two Oscar nominations and four at the BAFTAs).

Megastar might have been too strong a word? But she's definitely bigger now as an actor and as I say far more influential on the production side than she was before Suicide Squad.

#54 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 03 July 2020 - 06:42 PM

Potato potato.

I would say being the leading lady in Scorsese's biggest (financial) hit along with her other high profile works means the disaster that was SS don't help her career massively.

Her performance in it and other things that made BoP the only viable follow through from SS is on her back and not DC, they wanted SS2.

#55 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage

Posted 03 July 2020 - 07:15 PM

View PostMacros, on 03 July 2020 - 06:42 PM, said:

Potato potato.

I would say being the leading lady in Scorsese's biggest (financial) hit along with her other high profile works means the disaster that was SS don't help her career massively.

Her performance in it and other things that made BoP the only viable follow through from SS is on her back and not DC, they wanted SS2.

Suicide Squad made 750 million dollars. People didn't like it but it was a huge success and DC wanted, and are getting, both Suicide Squad 2 and Birds of Prey and at least one other spinoff (Gotham City Sirens) starring Harley. Obviously she gets credit for that too but the idea that DC/WB get no credit for seeing something there (in the sucess of an ensemble including Will Smith ffs) and putting bank behind expanding it is bonkers to me.

#56 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 04 July 2020 - 04:52 AM

To Margot Robbie's credit, BoP only happened because she made it happen. They offered her a Harley solo film. She insisted they do BoP instead because she was a fan of the comics.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#57 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage

Posted 04 July 2020 - 06:10 AM

View PostAbyss, on 04 July 2020 - 04:52 AM, said:

To Margot Robbie's credit, BoP only happened because she made it happen. They offered her a Harley solo film. She insisted they do BoP instead because she was a fan of the comics.

This is simulatenously fair and doesn't really change my point that after Suicide Squad WB gave Robbie more input at all.

#58 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 22 August 2020 - 10:39 PM

Trailer!

(Note: there is a cut of this trailer that uses that cover of Hallelujah from Watchmen, but I preferred this)

This makes the theatrical cut look like a fan film...

https://youtu.be/GFAW3O_MatM

Here’s the other one for comparison (difference shots and shot order in this one)

https://youtu.be/QFnGMkCiUUM

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 22 August 2020 - 10:41 PM

#59 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 23 August 2020 - 03:43 AM

Both those trailers seem like bad fanmade trailers. There's no red line, it's just cutscenes.

#60 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage

Posted 23 August 2020 - 07:04 AM

View PostAptorian, on 23 August 2020 - 03:43 AM, said:

Both those trailers seem like bad fanmade trailers. There's no red line, it's just cutscenes.

Well the first one is a fancut of the second one. The second one has no throughline because it's highlighting differences from the Whedon version so it's focusing on new footage, but yeah.

I'm not sure about it but I'm also not sure it won't be good. Darkseid looks dreadful, but I can't imagine he'll be a major part of the film, Steppenwolf will still be the main antagonist.

eta: Snyder endeared himself to me with his fan interaction and genuine gratitude during the panel, but has outdeared himself to me with this bullshit:

https://twitter.com/...246597974077441

'this is made for grownups ner ner ner' I like a good dark superhero movie as much as the next guy but fuck off with that sneering elitist bullshit Zack.

This post has been edited by polishgenius: 23 August 2020 - 07:10 AM

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users