• You cannot reply to this topic

Lockdown Hell

#61 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 16 May 2020 - 04:51 PM

The fact that no one is giving Osseric flak for what was the single scummiest thing in the game is upsetting
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#62 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 17 May 2020 - 07:25 AM

I absolutely love the quarrelling. They started off bright but now it's a pissing match. Aranatha is right in that Tennes is looking elsewhere but little does she know Tennes knows Sheltatha is innocent.

Brilliant stuff
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#63 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 17 May 2020 - 06:48 PM

Oh wow. They are actually looking anywhere but Hanas and Osseric.

Like I get Hanas would be difficult to pin down.

But just read the vote trains. Osseric was the cleanest example of "I'm gonna do all I can to stall this train on scum" possible.

Fuck, wish I voiced my suspicions now. I had 2 scum nailed.

#64 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 17 May 2020 - 06:51 PM

Btw, what's the reasoning for not modkilling Gamelon? At this point, them still being in the game messes up the numbers and is definitely not in town's favour.

This post has been edited by Mentalist: 17 May 2020 - 06:52 PM

#65 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 17 May 2020 - 09:18 PM

Kalse, on 17 May 2020 - 07:04 PM, said:

Tennes or Aranatha is our symp

Strong preference for Aranatha, since Tennes put the 5th vote on Thyrllan that started the sprint to the lynch, I don't see a symp do that.

Kalse, on 17 May 2020 - 06:10 PM, said:

We are not is such a bad place, but indeed we need to hit finders.

I have a strong suspicion that either Tennes or Ruse is one. Obviously not both.

You?

Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#66 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 17 May 2020 - 09:19 PM

View PostMentalist, on 17 May 2020 - 06:51 PM, said:

Btw, what's the reasoning for not modkilling Gamelon? At this point, them still being in the game messes up the numbers and is definitely not in town's favour.

I was giving extra leniency being first game back in a while. I haven't checked timings.

#67 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 17 May 2020 - 09:53 PM

Sheltatha Lore, on 15 May 2020 - 02:48 PM, said:

IF I have time I shall do so.

Right now im not liking Hanas, Gait, Baghast...all seem to be somewhat avoiding the game and certain cases in one way or another.
If I can just pinpoint my feelings about why I feel this way in some sort of coherent manner, we might have a decent case further down the line.

think I need to sit back see how things develop.

Sheltatha Lore, on 15 May 2020 - 09:23 PM, said:

WEll damn...I guess my "perfectly average" opening post scum radar was pretty spot on!.

FUCKING LOL

Sheltatha Lore, on 16 May 2020 - 10:08 AM, said:

Aranathas, well want can I say?
If this fool is a towny, he's playing TERRIBLY, otherwise must be a symp/killer.

Over and over there are massive logical fallacies from them.
I cant keep thinking its an over eager towny that is simply playing SHIT, because my brain cant handle how obviously it would be if he where scum.

Looking over the immediate posts after Thyr was getting heat after his massive reply pad post session (HI there Peanut!! WHAT WHERE YOU THINKING WITH THAT...HAHA???)
Gait, Kalse and Aranathas seem to stick out as trying to push (not too obviously) the agenda over to someone where else.

They seems most likely to be scum to me at this point.

-dkt

Sheltatha Lore, on 16 May 2020 - 10:50 AM, said:

Now... looking at a re-read...
Aranathas, Kalse and Gait both have moments of mentioning Thyr.

Kalse seems to simply point stuff out about him being average by posting his post count. This could be simple distancing and prodding his partner to "Get a bloody move on MATE"

Gait on the other hand makes a much harder push at the Thyrllan train derailment. Which lends me to believe that Gait is less of a scummy option in hindsight.

Aranathas...well what can I say...he actively is against the idea...and continues to scream scum.

- dkt

#68 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 17 May 2020 - 09:57 PM

Tennes, on 15 May 2020 - 02:40 PM, said:

I'm most likely going to vote Thyr today but not casting a vote yet because I want to see how things play out.

I'm undecided between Thyr and Hanas, both are solid coaster cases, but Thyr CF will be more valuable. With Thyr's CF and find on Kalse, we have confirmed alignment of 4/5 top posters (Shel, Kalse, Thyr, Skin, me). At the off chance they all flip Town, Skintick is 100% scum.

Fanderay, on 15 May 2020 - 11:36 PM, said:

BTW, sorry for not keeping up with this conversation. I was a bit busier than usual today. Any thoughts on the Thyr lynch train? I'm going over it ATM. I think there's a good chance that some scum jumped on at the end when it was basically locked in. Ex: Prazec Goul.

Tennes, on 16 May 2020 - 12:03 AM, said:

All good. I might have blinkers on, but I think Prazec is scummy as fuck. They were on thread way before they hammered. They could have voted at any point and I suspect they were hoping the day would end lynchless, but they knew Shel was around too so eventually they hammered.

This is all going to go to shit if at the end it turns out Sheltatha was a symp, but if I start entertaining that possibility I'll be running in circles forever, so I need to go of the assumption that neither of our finds hit the symp. Need to wait for what we learn about Kalse now.

Will analyze the rest of the train tomorrow. Just waiting for the Night resolution before sleep :D

Fanderay, on 16 May 2020 - 01:01 AM, said:

IMO we shouldn't bother wondering if someone we scanned was actually a symp. The odds are fairly low, so I think being suspicious like that would mess us up more than it would benefit us.

Path-Shaper, on 16 May 2020 - 06:31 AM, said:

Kalse is scum.

No more finds left.

Fanderay, on 16 May 2020 - 12:54 PM, said:

We caught a scum!

EDIT: I'm not sure if we can get a Kalse lynch, so I think we'll probably want to vig them. I'm going to go back and see what they've said before.

Tennes, on 16 May 2020 - 01:21 PM, said:

Yasssss.

Let's not try to lynch Kalse. They're vocal on thread and make sharp-looking observations. It would be extremely hard to start a train now. Plus they don't know we know they're scum. No need making them defensive. Let's let them talk and then go back to their words when we have a CF on thread.

So yeah, I agree. We need to vig the fucker.

Vig Kalse.

Fanderay, on 16 May 2020 - 01:52 PM, said:

Notes on Kalse as I reread: (I'll list the important stuff at the bottom so feel free to skip)
Okay, Kalse started out just joking around. They threw a joke vote on Gait, but not much else. They noted that people were defensive in response to Kalse's joke vote.
After that, they disappeared for a page.
Eventually, they showed back up to talk about how symp cases were stupid. They posted what I believe is one of the first three votes on Okral. They then called out Ruse for posting on you. They mentioned that Thyrllan was on their scum radar for being so average along with a little post count chart.

On day two they started out by going after Venesara and complaining about low-posters. Okaros agreed with them about Venesara. You commented on one of Kalse's posts, saying that it seemed like a post a coaster would make, when they'd been very active. Thyrllan mentioned being suspicious that there was no heat on Kalse. Barghast mentioned the same thing as you (Kalse playing very cleanly). Kalse responded by pressuring Barghast. They mentioned preferring a Hanas lynch over a Thyrllan lynch. Prazec made an interesting post saying that they read both Thyrllan and Kalse as scum. Eventually, Kalse switched to Thyrllan. They ended up being around the middle/end of the train.

So far in day three, they mentioned there were killers on the lynch train, but the first four voters were probably clear. They went after Aranatha, Prazec, and Okaros. They were speculating that there was a connection between Prazec and Okaros. Sheltatha responded very positively to Kalse talking about Aranatha. Interestingly, Kalse responded by going after Sheltatha followed by a little mindmeld with Aranatha.

Summary:
They went after Barghast, Venesara, Aranatha, and Prazec, so I'm a bit more inclined to think of them as town. Them going after Sheltatha with Aranatha felt like an attempt to pocket Aranatha by using Aranatha's dislike of Sheltatha. Should be interesting to see how that discussion ends up going.

Tennes, on 16 May 2020 - 02:40 PM, said:

This is good stuff!

Kalse has also given us some gems today to work with on thread after we vig them:

View PostKalse, on 16 May 2020 - 07:32 AM, said:

The second thing is Prazec's hammer when PS literally just wrote there was 1h left in the day (and others were around). It was already highlighted by others.

What is interesting is the Prazec-Okaros duo:

[SNIP]

Here they bring Prazec/Okaros back to attention, so I agree that Prazec is probs Town after all. I cannot just completely drop them on thread without this looking like I'm roled, so I made a half-assed post about them and voted on Ruse.

There's also this:

View PostKalse, on 16 May 2020 - 06:59 AM, said:

[SNIP]

View PostPath-Shaper, on 15 May 2020 - 09:13 PM, said:

It is day 2. About 0 hours remaining.

19 people left alive. Aranatha, Barghast, Fanderay, Gait, Gamelon, Hanas, Jalan, Kalse, Kilava, Okaros, Osseric, Prazec Goul, Rikkter, Ruse, Sheltatha Lore, Skintick, Tennes, Thyr, Venesara.

2 votes Venesara:Okaros, Osseric
10 votes Thyrllan; Skintick, Jalan, Barghast, Gait, Tennes, Kilava, Kalse, Ruse, Aranatha, Prazec Goul
1 vote Fanderay; Thyrllan
2 votes Hanas; Rikkter, Sheltatha Lore

Players not voted; Fanderay, Gamelon, Hanas, Prazec Goul, Venesara.

Thyrllan has been lynched. He was Peanutbutta and Scum

The underlined at least are very probable inno to me

Kalse is probably the most trusted person on thread now and they're using that to VPI three people. My theory: 2 are town and Kalse is trying to look even more trustworthy to them. I wouldn't be surprised if scum kills one of these three tonight to make Kalse's thread leading even stronger. But one is scum. Currently I'd lean towards Jalan but it's not a strong opinion.

#69 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 17 May 2020 - 09:59 PM

Tennes, on 16 May 2020 - 02:52 PM, said:

I gotta go and do some non-Mafia stuff. I probably won't resist the temptation to lurk but I have shit to do and won't be too active. Some notes:

It is absolutely crucial none of us two gets lynched today. There is risk if one of us gets lynched, the other is killed, and our knowledge about Sheltatha being town dies with us.

In case I die and you have to reveal later, I left a coded message on thread you can use to confirm your reveal. The first letters of first four sentences in post #493 read FIND. I suggest you do something similar in case you're killed and I need to reveal.

If we both make it to D4, it might be worth considering forfeiting the other Vig to reveal at least one of us anyway. I can imagine me revealing I'm a finder/vig with a partner can lure an NK and then a fake reveal from scum, that can be taken down with the coded message. But I might be overthinking. Let's cross that bridge when we get there.

Fanderay, on 17 May 2020 - 07:27 PM, said:

Fuck. Rikkter is jumping you. Other people don't seem that excited about it though, so it shouldn't be too hard to derail.

Tennes, on 17 May 2020 - 07:37 PM, said:

The idea that I spent entire day deflecting from Thyr to then tip the scale on their train is so idiotic, I will be mad if people buy into it.

Anyway, just in case, unless you mind, I would reveal and push a Kalse lynch if I get to L-3 or something like that.

Back tomorrow.

Fanderay, on 17 May 2020 - 09:52 PM, said:

Even if the lynch train on you gains one more vote, we might want to try pushing a Kalse lynch without revealing and only reveal if it fails to gain momentum. See you tomorrow, I'll see about making a post.

#70 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 17 May 2020 - 10:00 PM

Kalse, on 17 May 2020 - 06:25 PM, said:

Hello, the thread is quiet so I thought to send some things for Spoiler Heaven

1. Thanks for calling me back to play. I really like this game and I don't know why I stopped participating. There was a big change in my life in 2009 (move and new job), so I had to cool off for a while, but I could have returned earlier. I hope this is not the last game as someone said.

2. I've never been a good killer, because Osseric is right, killers need to lay low and I don't know how to do that :( Anyways, let's see how this game goes. I have a fake reveal ready (with code in one of my posts) in case I get close to lynch. I don't know if it will work, but it should be fun. Of course, against a finder find I have little chances.

3. I've been checking for fun the old games. The first one that survived the forum change is the Don game where I made a complete ass of myself. Man, I was both insufferable and an idiot Posted Image. I hope I changed. As Gem said, and even after 12 years it hurts:

View PostGem Windcaster, on 16 October 2008 - 10:26 AM, said:

So, we basically lost because we had JA in the team? That's so sad.

Sorry guys for the whole swearword thing :) - I kinda went overboard with it, but I was so caught up in the character I had created to notice. :w00t: Also, English curse words don't feel like curse words to me, since I am Swedish, if that makes any sense.

Funny you thought I was Yellow - it was the whole point of the character, to not allow people to alt guess me. People figured it out anyway though - I have a serious problem LOL.

Then it follows with an alt-less game where I was a symp, my favorite role. I remember I did better at least ( I didn't finish reading it, but I remember one of the killers was first-timer Lisheo. I forgot who my co-symp was (dktorode?) as well as the other killer).

Anyways, good times. Thanks Khell.

#71 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 17 May 2020 - 10:02 PM

Barghast, on 16 May 2020 - 04:39 AM, said:

Prior to this my other two main suspects were Kalse and Gait, so will see how that holds on a reread

Barghast, on 17 May 2020 - 02:49 PM, said:

Gait much less suspicious on reread, Kalse remains clean af and I would like to get another day worth of info on them

Prazec did voice earlier suspicions about thyr but always preferred other options, and the hammer was pretty dubious

Shel and Ara seem to be just 2 townies, Tennessee looks to be on a solid honest town play too

Jalan might be the finder, maybe Kilava

Okaros was at one point vocal about preferring Venesara train to thyrs, which seems unkillery

Ruse is plain scummy, Rikkter keeping low

The case on Hanas is on point, might be the finder too tho

Fanderay is the only person who was voted by Thyr

Nothing new about Ven

Barghast, on 17 May 2020 - 08:36 PM, said:

Not gonna live for long anyway so I guess I can be a little more annoying than usual

#72 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 17 May 2020 - 10:03 PM

Rikkter, on 17 May 2020 - 07:52 PM, said:

I am either a "Hail the conquering hero" or a fucking foolish idiot in SH right now. I anticipate both eventualities equally, and can hear people screaming at me for ruining town's chances.

#73 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 17 May 2020 - 10:05 PM

Gait, on 15 May 2020 - 09:27 PM, said:

Thyrllen coming up scum was a nice day 2 lynch.

Iiiiif I'm not dead Day 3 I have a few guesses.

I think Sheltatha is scum symp.

They hovered Days end, super nervous about it too...

I think Prazec and Hanas are good candidates for scum aswell.

Gait, on 17 May 2020 - 07:35 PM, said:

So I admit to thinking exactly like Rikkter this far into the weekend.

Tennes and SL seem to be fighting the same cause.

I thought Tennes Vote pattern Day 2 was the only thing out of character with Scum. A viable train on Venesara was building up, If I were scum I'd be on it. But smarter players would be sure to dive early on a likely Scum CF.

If Tennes is scum then Aranatha is Mafia royalty for sniffing them out so early.

Keen to see who dives in to defend.

my Money is on SL.

#74 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 17 May 2020 - 10:08 PM

Aranatha, on 15 May 2020 - 11:51 PM, said:

I'm having a lot of fun! That was a shocking reveal, that Thyrllan was scum. Wooow. Didn't see that coming.
Now if people were smart enough to see what I'm trying to do, going so hard at people, that would be great. I can't really SAY what I'm doing in the thread, because then any observation would be tainted. It's Schrodinger's MAFIA. If you look at how people react to chaos, you can read a lot from that - who they side with, what's their strategies.
In the meantime unfortunately I'm gonna have to torture poor Sheltatha. Well, it's only poor him if he's town LOL. I'm sure he hates me right now either way though. Bahahaha. Sorry Shelly. :Brood:

Aranatha, on 16 May 2020 - 11:31 AM, said:

Ngl I kinda feel bad for what I'm doing to Shelly. I has to be done though, apologies dear Shel. It's the game man, it's the game. :Brood:

Aranatha, on 16 May 2020 - 02:26 PM, said:

Don't tell me, I was right and Shel and Tennes are both scum. hah.

#75 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 17 May 2020 - 10:18 PM

View PostPath-Shaper, on 17 May 2020 - 10:02 PM, said:

Barghast, on 16 May 2020 - 04:39 AM, said:

Prior to this my other two main suspects were Kalse and Gait, so will see how that holds on a reread

Barghast, on 17 May 2020 - 02:49 PM, said:

Gait much less suspicious on reread, Kalse remains clean af and I would like to get another day worth of info on them

Prazec did voice earlier suspicions about thyr but always preferred other options, and the hammer was pretty dubious

Shel and Ara seem to be just 2 townies, Tennessee looks to be on a solid honest town play too

Jalan might be the finder, maybe Kilava

Okaros was at one point vocal about preferring Venesara train to thyrs, which seems unkillery

Ruse is plain scummy, Rikkter keeping low

The case on Hanas is on point, might be the finder too tho

Fanderay is the only person who was voted by Thyr

Nothing new about Ven

Barghast, on 17 May 2020 - 08:36 PM, said:

Not gonna live for long anyway so I guess I can be a little more annoying than usual

:rtfm: WHERE THE FUCK IS OSSERIC IN YOUR ANALYSIS?????????????

I swear, if Brujah wins this game by being ignored.... :rant: :rant: :rant:

#76 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 18 May 2020 - 07:35 AM

Sheltatha Lore, on 17 May 2020 - 11:30 PM, said:

Been damn busy at home. Doing some house upkeep. paving, brick laying, damn near rebuilt the entire pool deck today.
Still haven't been able to go thru a proper re-read. sucks as I felt I had some solid ideas that would need a fresh reread to rekindle those ideas.

But now we have to deal with all this misguided aggression using me as a crutch. I did figure at some point someone would call me a Tennes symp. As generally we have agreed on things.
The fact that Rikkter is now pointing me as his symp should be interesting. Might lead to some scum over stepping....I think Barghast is sniffing around Rikkter trying to se what comes of it. Asking him his thoughts on Kalse.
I think Barghy has done his own re-read...and come to his own conclusions and might be holding back something and sniffing around.

Im fairy sure Barghst is inno. Ofcourse cant be 100% on anything but he did push properly for Thyrllan first IMHO. Would be one decent distance move from him if they are actual scum.

I also in fact DO have suspicions on Tennes, The very specific and even headed play style is very much a thing that sometimes sticks out to me.
During my half re-read I did actual note the Tennes subtle pushes away from a Thyrllan Lynch.

Smacks of a very calculated safe approach type of player to boot.

Anyways,..lets see what shit pile hits tomorrow.
Im ok with lynching anyone bar Barghast some end of day. Maybe Janal too now that I thin on it.

SLEEPY DKT, signing out for the night
cioa

#77 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 18 May 2020 - 07:36 AM

Osseric will not look good on a reread with fewer people. For now the pool is quote big

#78 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 18 May 2020 - 10:48 AM

Okaros, on 18 May 2020 - 10:38 AM, said:

Prazec, Venesara, Hanas, Osseric - at least one scum in that group?

#79 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 18 May 2020 - 08:06 PM

bah.

I would so much rather be in this game than the pissing match over on mafia universe.

I hope you roll onto another game after this so I can get one in with Malazan Mafia before getting back to work

#80 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 18 May 2020 - 09:06 PM

Lots saying they want to. Me included

No one has mentioned mechanics yet until now

Barghast, on 18 May 2020 - 09:02 PM, said:

Wonder what the mechanic binding scum is like cause I don't remember playing a game with more than 3 killers, if they're all in one convo they'll likely be forced/able to afford some riskier distancing in the early stages in the name of late game

Share this topic:

• 16 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users