• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Lockdown Hell

#41 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 13 May 2020 - 09:44 PM

I've substituted Lisheo for Khell. As one went missing.
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#42 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 15 May 2020 - 06:45 AM

Some very good posts in the pms but look at DKT go.

Sheltatha Lore, on 14 May 2020 - 11:31 PM, said:

Just did another quick read of the thread.

One thing that stood out was Hanas.

This one Pad posted a tremendous amount of nonsense posts to start the day off, Good job that, won't be getting pointed at when people look at the post count list any time soon TICK....

As the day wears on they had literally nothing of value to add to the discussion EXCEPT...suddenly... a post by them, about what you ask?
"low posters and the need for them to post and contribute."
As if they have contributed a single post worth the pixels it's displayed by thus far, RIGHT?
But it is OK as they have a healthy post count at this stage no one will notice. TICK

So here we Basically have someone that doesn't want to get involved, yet someone that wants to SEEM like they are involved...but.. without getting involved.

Then comes the fake last hammer "insurance" vote.
Someone who again is too scared to actually be the hammer vote, but also cautious enough to not want be seen as NOT voting.

And now the moment they got noticed for this vote BAM...suddenly they make their very first actual proper mafia post (but alas its in defence). low laying Scum IMHO.

Im saving these ideas here to make a case tomorrow as I need to sleep... also want to see of they say anything more on their own before posting anything...

-dkt

Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#43 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 15 May 2020 - 11:35 AM

Tennes, on 15 May 2020 - 11:18 AM, said:

Fande, any thoughts on scumsters and potential find targets? I'm annoyed no one is poking at Prazec and Ruse. Gait completely lost the plot and they aren't convincing at all. I'm losing my confidence that Venesara is scum. Thyr and Hanas coasting cases on thread are looking strong though.

I feel like I need to find Kalse instead of Skintick. Kalse is sharp as fuck and their playstyle is very convincing. I'm gonna have a massive blindspot for them if I let this go.

@PS, change of plans. Let's turn this around:

Find Kalse. If lynched, find Skintick.

#44 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 15 May 2020 - 02:20 PM

It's scary how good DKT is at picking out scum. This has been a high level mafia game from a few players. I'll post some pms

#45 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 15 May 2020 - 02:23 PM

Skintick, on 14 May 2020 - 03:58 PM, said:

I must be the only player who never actually saw a healer do anything particularly useful.

No offence, Lisheo.

But people bemoaning the fact that we lost a healer just don`t strike me as genuine. Might look more into that.

Skintick, on 15 May 2020 - 12:49 PM, said:

Why do I get the feeling Venesara had off-thread comms with Lisheo?

Skintick, on 15 May 2020 - 01:19 PM, said:

current suspicions: Barghast and Jalan as killers.

What I really want is for Jalan to show up and say they're ok with voting Venesara if the thyr train stalls. A bit of an eager beaver, that one, but hard to make a case when they're just drive-by low-posting.

I have a feeling the scum are letting me (and others) build these semi-reasonable cases and then driving the trains off the cliff. I'm always worried when no one suspects me, it's usually an indication I'm being set up for a mid-to-late-game lynch.

Unless Thyr is, in fact, scum. But that can't be right, since that'd imply I'm good at mafia.

#46 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 15 May 2020 - 02:23 PM

Gait, on 15 May 2020 - 10:12 AM, said:

Some Thoughts....

View PostHanas, on 14 May 2020 - 08:36 PM, said:

View PostGait, on 14 May 2020 - 05:34 PM, said:

read up. Two things I thought odd.

Hanas didnt hammer. But made an attempt to.

View PostHanas, on 13 May 2020 - 08:28 PM, said:

10min to go? I'll

Remove Vote

Vote Okrak Lom

In case of any mistakes/misscounts.

I'd not even noticed Okaros was in the game

This sort of making double sure doesnt gel with me...as in if you were around that close to games end why not vote earlier than the last desperate minute? why not do a recount if you were uncertain?. I'd find it hard to believe you weren't keeping count from PS update when you were so precise about the time.

Been busy here today but I'll take the time for you Gait.

You know what, my vote wasn't needed. But if it was needed and I hadn't I would a) be kicking myself and b ) fucking up majorly. I hate failed lynch trains that should have been majority. How many games have you been in where a missed D1 lynch has screwed the thread over with the same shit for days?

My vote as recorded at lynch is where I'd happily left it for most of the day - on a low poster. Who continues to low post. What do we get from low posters? Nothing.

So 10min or so before is last desperate minute? Wow. Just wow.

And I was precise about the time remaining? When PS has been giving time updates as about x hours? So I was precise about an imprecise amount? That's good to know.

Anyway, I've been on the cider tonight. I'm also irritated and irascible.

Considering we have a day that lasts 48 hours, yes, the last 10 minutes count as the last desperate minute. Hanas seems to be playing this down. was Scum getting anxious and feeling the need to hammer? if so is this a symp play for a sure lynch or a killer trying to look super helpful?

Also....

View PostFanderay, on 13 May 2020 - 07:32 PM, said:

View PostMerrid, on 13 May 2020 - 07:26 PM, said:

I'm around if a vote's needed. Not much to add to what's already been said, though I did chuckle at Okral choosing me for their vote. I'm happy to vote Okral for their reaction to being quizzed rather than for the possible "3/4" signalling (I much prefer 'reaction cases' to symp signalling ones, which ultimately almost never turn out to be right as most symps never bother signalling).

I'm pretty sure we need one more vote.

Discussion barely 5 posts before Hanas arrived had established only 1 more vote was needed.

and...

View PostHanas, on 13 May 2020 - 08:28 PM, said:

10min to go? I'll

Remove Vote

Vote Okrak Lom

In case of any mistakes/misscounts.

I'd not even noticed Okaros was in the game

a full 10 minutes after the final vote Hanas swooped by with a "gonna make doubly sure" hammer.

I mean either you're concerned and lazy or you're unconcerned and bloodthirsty.
whichever way you look at it this looks scummy.

#47 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 15 May 2020 - 02:27 PM

Kalse, on 14 May 2020 - 07:24 PM, said:

I'm curious about what Shelthata will do today.

Thyrllan, on 14 May 2020 - 10:12 PM, said:

Jalan is going to be a problem. And Gait is a VERY good player, I can tell. I'll disappear again for most of the rest of today and maybe the Venessara train can get going or maybe some of these other suspects can grab some heat.

Kalse, on 15 May 2020 - 04:56 AM, said:

I am quite convinced Skintick is a finder. He made only two posts so far, and his early Thyr vote, and then disappeared. I think he's not sure what else to say because he's not looking at anyone else. He may come back to add to his "case" with Thyrlann' new posts.

Kalse, on 15 May 2020 - 05:03 AM, said:

We have a big problem that A LOT of players have been on Thyrrlan's balls for a while, so:
- if he dies it will expand a lot the pool of most probably innocent
- there was no moment when we could add to it without risking of actually tip it to lynch

And now it's too late to do so... And if I push too much against, already after Okral I will be toast.

Kalse, on 15 May 2020 - 11:52 AM, said:

I’m tempted to jump on the Hanas train. Two possibilities:
1. Thyrllan still gets lynched but then Hanas will most probably be seen as inno, with those who votes him under pressure, that should give a few days to Hanas and Osseric to lynch and kill
2. Hanas gets lynched, then both myself and Osseric look good (Hanas attacked him earlier) and the pressure on Thyrlann releases a bit

Not sure what to do, anyone here for some input?

#48 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 15 May 2020 - 02:30 PM

Tennes, on 12 May 2020 - 09:54 PM, said:

Probably time to start thinking of our next move. I tried to stir some shit on thread and start people talking but not much happened. I don't have a strong read at the moment, but Shelthata has been all over the place so might be good getting a rid on them.

With 4 killers I bet there's at least one laying low, but that's too large a group for now: Osseric, Okaros, Venesara, Ruse, Gamelon, Kilava, Rikkter.

Let me know what you think. For the time being:

Find Shelthata. If lynched, find Barghast.

Tennes, on 13 May 2020 - 01:16 PM, said:

You're 100% gonna get heat on D2 for that vote. Textbook drive-by :harhar:

But that might turn out good. It's an easy case to build so I bet scum will be on that early. Let's keep it in mind for our next Find.

Fanderay, on 13 May 2020 - 02:24 PM, said:

What exactly is a "drive-by vote"? I had just been putting it on Okral to get them to respond.

Tennes, on 13 May 2020 - 02:30 PM, said:

It's when someone has been laying low and then shortly before timeout they appear and place a vote on a convenient train, especially without much additional commentary.

Shel already pointed it out on thread. There might not be enough time left on Day 1, but on D2 someone will definitely pressure you about that. Would be good if you posted a longer summary of your thoughts on thread before timeout. Will make you look less scummy.

#49 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 15 May 2020 - 02:33 PM

Tennes, on 13 May 2020 - 10:26 PM, said:

Fuck sake our one confirmed townie seems to be onto you. We'll need and try to dismantle that without making it too obvious we're roled.

Fanderay, on 14 May 2020 - 12:45 AM, said:

Kind of weird that Sheltatha said "if I was around earlier I would have voted your ass." and didn't vote for me. I'm not sure if they're just trying to get a reaction out of me?

BTW, how do you think I should respond? I'm rapidly realizing that the style of discussion here is very different from how people talk from where I'm from. :p

Tennes, on 14 May 2020 - 09:04 AM, said:

Yeah, Malazan Mafia is aggressive as fuck. Probably should have given you a warning :D

Not sure really. I would have been all over the line you quoted if I didn't know Shel is Town. But try not to antagonize Sheltatha too much if possible. I think just read the thread and build a case. So basically, be a good townie!

I'm gonna try leave a breadcrumb to Shel's identity in case I'm killed/lynched, so Town would have a confirmed innocent. But need think about how to do it in a way that's not too obvious yet will be clear on a re-read.

Skintick and Kalse are next highest posters after Shel. Skintick has already been pivotal to entire D1 conversation and Kalse is showing up with decent reads but also their latest comment, basically parroting my post about Prazec and Venesara, rubs me the wrong way. I'm gonna put in a Find for one of them but feel free to alter it if you have a different idea.

Find Skintick. If lynched, find Kalse.

Tennes, on 15 May 2020 - 11:18 AM, said:

Fande, any thoughts on scumsters and potential find targets? I'm annoyed no one is poking at Prazec and Ruse. Gait completely lost the plot and they aren't convincing at all. I'm losing my confidence that Venesara is scum. Thyr and Hanas coasting cases on thread are looking strong though.

I feel like I need to find Kalse instead of Skintick. Kalse is sharp as fuck and their playstyle is very convincing. I'm gonna have a massive blindspot for them if I let this go.

@PS, change of plans. Let's turn this around:

Find Kalse. If lynched, find Skintick.

#50 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 15 May 2020 - 04:31 PM

Skintick, on 15 May 2020 - 02:57 PM, said:

of the 7 people who are yet to vote, I'm expecting at least 3 (more likely 4) won't show up

Gamelon seems to have forgotten the game exists

-Osseric posts after the timeout

Prazek indicated a family emrgency

Hanas is sporadic.

Ruse and Fandy might be power-lurking, but I'm expecting them to show up and vote. Same for Venesara.

The most likely lynch still needs 5 votes; I'm eager to see if we're gonna get any swing votes.

#51 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 15 May 2020 - 04:32 PM

Tennes, on 15 May 2020 - 02:40 PM, said:

I'm most likely going to vote Thyr today but not casting a vote yet because I want to see how things play out.

I'm undecided between Thyr and Hanas, both are solid coaster cases, but Thyr CF will be more valuable. With Thyr's CF and find on Kalse, we have confirmed alignment of 4/5 top posters (Shel, Kalse, Thyr, Skin, me). At the off chance they all flip Town, Skintick is 100% scum.

#52 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 15 May 2020 - 08:55 PM

First scum going down, another being "found"

You all thought town had no chance.

Day 3 will start with only 3 scum and 1 sump remaining. They're in a tough spot.

I assume Osseric low posting was good to hide but he put himself out there this day. Hanas is on people's radar. If the finders used their original find on today which was Skintick then Kalse would be in a safe place. Played best as scum so far.

#53 User is offline   Shinrei 

• charin charin
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 16 May 2020 - 12:12 AM

This all bleeds nostalgia for me. And gets me fired up to play again.
You’ve never heard of the Silanda? … It’s the ship that made the Warren of Telas run in less than 12 parsecs.

#54 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 16 May 2020 - 07:15 AM

This has been the best game for a while

#55 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 16 May 2020 - 08:50 AM

Okaros, on 16 May 2020 - 08:42 AM, said:

Ok, let’s put in an early Heal Tennes this time!

The killers are clearly trying to find finders among the lower posters, so I need to think about this properly at some point and likely change the target.

#56 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 16 May 2020 - 04:06 PM

Well, I knew Kalse had to be scum. And lo and behold, it's JA.

Edit: my last PM has Osseric and Kalse listed as scum... so naturally I get killed.

This post has been edited by Mentalist: 16 May 2020 - 04:13 PM

The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#57 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 16 May 2020 - 04:07 PM

Oh, God, Are and Shelly are Gem and Dkt... oh, that's rich.

#58 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 16 May 2020 - 04:11 PM

Osseric and JA should be in a bad spot. I'd have gone for those 2 today. Especially bruja, for trying to make it a tie agains thyr. Kalse is just too pushy and they were clearly reluctant to switch votes.

Mess and bliss are gonna be scary. Especially bliss as symp.

This post has been edited by Mentalist: 16 May 2020 - 04:12 PM

#59 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 16 May 2020 - 04:15 PM

Haha, so I ended up "signalling" both symps, 1 killer, and voted for the other on Day 1.

Brilliant.

#60 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 16 May 2020 - 04:19 PM

Oh, good, JA got his ass found. Does that mean he can get vigged now?

They should 100% vote out Osseric today.

Share this topic:

• 16 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users