Malazan Empire: Ghost of Tsushima - Malazan Empire

• 12 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ghost of Tsushima chop chop slash slash!

#41 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 18 July 2020 - 04:55 PM

I didn't experience anything more at a hot springs other then the purpose it seems to serve - that being healing. That was at the village where you are given an in game demo/tutorial interaction with the old lady. Haven't come across any hot springs since that introduction so ostensibly there could be more to them. Will have to discover if there is.

#42 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 18 July 2020 - 05:02 PM

Seems a bit weird to totally miss out any way of sleeping.

Looking forward to playing later - kids want to camp in the garden though, they'd better not keep bugging me for stuff.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#43 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 18 July 2020 - 05:42 PM

I've seen a few YouTube videos with titles that indicate there are little known game mechanics and tips for players. I have not watched them though, for fear of spoilers. Maybe if our clan of samurai know of some not well known game play mechanics or tips, we can help each other out here, without spoilers of course.

#44 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 18 July 2020 - 06:15 PM

One thing I'm not sure is anything but a novelty is that you'll come across a lot of shrines. Some of them have a little pictogram of a bowing person. If you bow, swipe down, something usually occurs. Flowers spin around you or frogs appear, etc.

Investing early in the stand off upgrades is a good way of making confrontations easier.

Depending upon your play style I'd recommend spamming everything in your arsenal. If you're not trying to be honourable, you can royally fuck up large groups with bombs, smoke and throwing knives.

#45 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 18 July 2020 - 06:29 PM

Killed a deer with my bow. I was expecting to have to skin it but nothing was triggered when I came upon the body, like a "press X to skin". I've played too much RDR2 thinking that was the natural progression, so I wasn't really paying attention after dropping the animal. Do you automatically collect the resource when your arrow kills it?

#46 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 18 July 2020 - 06:33 PM

As far as I can tell you don't get anything for killing deer (You monster!) But you can collect predator skins from bears and boars, you use them for throwable and arrow upgrades.

#47 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 18 July 2020 - 06:48 PM

Too much Red Dead Redemption in my blood. My manifest destiny was to kill everything. I'll have to tap into my peaceful nature and not use the animals for target practice.

#48 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 18 July 2020 - 07:04 PM

I wonder if it's possible to do a 100% honourable playthrough or something close and whether this would have an effect upon the story. It's clear that later in the game there may be some kind of recogning in relation to Jin and the Bushido code.

#49 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 18 July 2020 - 08:40 PM

There does seem to be an honor component involved. I assassinated an enemy by leaping off an archer tower. I then had a flash back to my father when training with him when I was a boy where he reprimands me to "look your enemy in the eye".... and so forth. I don't know the full immersion an honor system has yet, but it seems to be there.

Also, I am a horrible person.

Posted Image

running along the top of the walls and killing enemies... and DOGS! was a blast!

#50 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 18 July 2020 - 08:56 PM

There indeed doesn't appear to be any penalty for ninja moves but I still wonder if perhaps behind the scenes the game keeps track. It would be cool if there was a mode or difficulty setting that locked ghost abilities and challenges the player to fight honourably.

#51 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 18 July 2020 - 09:00 PM

I finished Act 1 tonight. I've warmed to this game a great deal. The side stories for the characters are good and the gameplay cycle feels really rewarding. I do wish they'd done something better with the protagonist. A good main character is the difference between a good game and a great game that you remember.

#52 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 18 July 2020 - 09:10 PM

I've barely scratched the surface, but the story pulled me in from the start. Also, when you get in the grove and rhythm with your sword, it's very satisfying. Nothing overly complicated, but still, when you execute a chain of kills in a efficient manner, damn it feels good.

#53 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 19 July 2020 - 08:59 AM

You guys probably know this, but if you don't, like the fox, follow the gold birds. They will lead you to stuff. Sometimes not all that great, but other times pretty cool.

Also, for one of the fox shrines, a fox led me on a bonkers traversal up a cliff. Really cool and fun game of chase that was.

And a tip about the bamboo strikes cutting game. I haven't tried it, but if you don't want to deal with the mini game button combo frustration, supposedly you can change a setting in the accessibility options that removes the timer. So I'm guessing you just need to hit the buttons in the correct order, how ever long that takes.

And a tip about the Mongol controlled territories, sneak around and locate the leader and "observe" him by using R2 while you are looking at him. It's supposed to give you 1 point to unlocking a new stance, then killing him will give you another point towards stance. I haven't tried this one yet either (was unaware it existed), but I'm gonna use it now.

#54 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 19 July 2020 - 09:54 AM

Ohh, so that's the point of studying the leaders. I just thought it was some stealth/non-lethal choice.

Wasn't aware there was a timer on the bamboo. But I also went into the options menus to make all that button nonsense easier.

I can recommend using the Traveller outfit when out of combat. When it's fully upgraded, it will vibrate when you're within 60 meters of collectibles.

This post has been edited by Aptorian: 19 July 2020 - 09:56 AM

#55 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 19 July 2020 - 11:09 AM

View PostAptorian, on 19 July 2020 - 09:54 AM, said:

Ohh, so that's the point of studying the leaders. I just thought it was some stealth/non-lethal choice.

Wasn't aware there was a timer on the bamboo. But I also went into the options menus to make all that button nonsense easier.

I can recommend using the Traveller outfit when out of combat. When it's fully upgraded, it will vibrate when you're within 60 meters of collectibles.

I'm wearing that, but mostly due to my lack of other options at the moment. How do you study a leader then? I've killed a few but havent been looking at them much beforehand.

Did first bamboo station last night - it wasnt difficult, just hit the buttons quickly - I guess they get harder later.

I need to do some story to free up some more gear options, there's like a ton of stuff in this game, and I dont appear to have any of it.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 19 July 2020 - 11:09 AM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#56 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 19 July 2020 - 11:15 AM

I'd definitely recommend focusing on story and character side missions during the first act, instead of just exploring. When you mouse over quests you can see the reward so it's easy to plan what to do first.

If you sneak into a Mongol camp you can sometimes observe leaders. An R2 promo pops up when you're close to them.

#57 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 19 July 2020 - 11:17 AM

I just did a bitter sweet series of side quests in act 2 when I travelled north to visit the family estate. I may have had a good cry. Damn onion pollen.

#58 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 19 July 2020 - 03:59 PM

The side mission variety has really been a treat. You can tell Sucker Punch took care to give them meaning and not just a rinse and repeat approach. That has been my experience this early going anyway. The Incident at Hiyoshi Pass is a great example. Different set up and makes you think about strategy.

Do you guys find yourself scanning for bees nests? mwuhahahahaha!Posted Image

Another tip. You can us your kunai on bears and boars. They work great on boars because boars don't flee as fast like when you draw your bow. You can hit two two boars and kunai work better when up close. And I've found that they are a relatively easy resource to recover. The kunai overall is such a powerful weapon. When facing a lot of enemies, the kunai is a game changer.

#59 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 19 July 2020 - 04:08 PM

I'm terrible at using the environmental stuff. I'll either challenge the Mongols directly or stealth around stabbing and headshoting. Only afterwards noticing the strategically placed torch or gunpowder.

#60 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 19 July 2020 - 05:34 PM

So, I only have unlocked two Stances (Stone & Wind) thus far, but I was wondering from you more "advanced" samurai who have experience with the spectrum of Stances available, what is your go to Stance? I've been rockiin' it with the Wind Stance because it's new, but it has been an adjustment from Stone Stance. Having fun with it though.

Share this topic:

• 12 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users