Malazan Empire: Ghost of Tsushima - Malazan Empire

• 12 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ghost of Tsushima chop chop slash slash!

#141 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 02 August 2020 - 06:51 PM

And now I've platinumed Ghost of Tsushima.

A fairly easy Platinum. Funny enough two if the few other Platinums I have are from Sly Cooper. I guess Sucker Punch has a soft approach to achievements.

#142 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 02 August 2020 - 11:11 PM

Keep the box of tissues readily available, because I'll be joining you soon my brutha.

I was thinking, we should create our own little clan like the Staw Hats, maybe call ourselves something like "The Moon's Spawn Ronin." Wouldn't that be fun!

#143 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 03 August 2020 - 03:03 AM

I would never associate my name with those traitors.

#144 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 03 August 2020 - 06:41 AM

View PostAptorian, on 02 August 2020 - 04:00 PM, said:

Just finished the story. Has to be one of the most beautiful and epic endings I've seen to a video game. No exaggeration. Manly tears have been shed.

Good to hear, although I cant imagine I'll be getting there any time soon. I dont mind though, it's a good enough game to take my time with.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#145 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 04 August 2020 - 08:10 PM

"Set yourself on fire and mate with a Mongol bomb!"

An ooey gooey, warm, right out of the oven, chocolate chip cookie to the first forum member who guesses correctly the character that line is referring to.

#146 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 05 August 2020 - 06:17 AM

Is it better to just progress with the story quests as they become available, or spent time clearing areas and collecting before you hit the main ones?

I assume the main story route gets you the upgrades and opens up new areas and you can return to some of the side quests later.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 05 August 2020 - 06:17 AM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#147 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 05 August 2020 - 07:10 AM

You can do the quests as you like. I finished all the side quests before finishing act 3 but I suspect the ending wouldn't have changed whether you could do your companion quests.

I can't think of any essential upgrades you get from doing the main story, besides maybe the upgrades you get when you visit your family estate in act 2.

#148 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 05 August 2020 - 02:14 PM

Don't be "that guy." You know the one. The one who has to speed run through an open world game's main story so he can be the first to talk about its ending. Let the game come to you organically. Do you have to clear out the map and do every little quest? No. BUT, I am an explorer when I play open world games. To a fault. Like I will go to places before I should, get killed and realize I probably shouldn't go there yet. And when I see that quest marker pop up or a question mark showing an undiscovered location, hooboy look out, my OCD kicks in and I-gots-ta-chekitout! Besides, with Ghost of Tsushima, there is so much cool stuff to discover. One of the foxes led me to a shrine that was in a large hollowed out tree. That was fookin' cool as hell. Also, I think a certain number of side quests are essential and clearing areas is good strategy to get your character powered up (with skill pts, gear, charms etc) to continue on in the story, especially if you are playing on hard mode. Getting that charm that allows for extra resource gathering has allowed me to increase my katana, and armor, and bow and items et. al. All pretty much required to continue on in hard mode. Let the game happen organically and "come to you" naturally as befits your play style.

It's an open world. Be open to the possibilities..... namaste. *respectfully-and-dutifully-bows

#149 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 05 August 2020 - 11:42 PM

I just asked about upgrades, as obviously getting the grapple lets you reach previously impossible shrines. Hardly a reason to assume a speed run.

The legendary gear quests are great, the Demon Duel had me totally absorbed. Might be because I had the volume up through headphones, either way it was awesome.

Then I cleared a shipyard, flipped into Kurasawa mode for the duration. Absolute movie scene fights, so much fun to choreograph. Looking good in red hat and black mask too, proper demon now.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 05 August 2020 - 11:43 PM

#150 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 06 August 2020 - 12:47 AM

When you get the grapple hook, make sure you go back to the Golden Temple. That's all I will say about that. Posted Image Oh, one more thing, when you do go back to the Golden Temple with your grapple hook, be ready to go into camera mode.Posted Image

#151 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 06 August 2020 - 05:05 AM

Some purists will balk at this included in the update, but the pulse traveler armor is lacking, so I am okay with it. They should have taken a queue from RDR2, where the pulse continues to intensify as you get closer, it doesn't do that, instead it just sort of hits a specific intensity and stays at that frequency. So this is a welcome update. Have yet to try it out though.

Traveler's Attire

The Traveler's Attire has been enhanced to add new visual and audio cues hinting at nearby collectibles. These cues can replace or augment controller vibration in order to offer a better, more accessible experience.

#152 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 09 August 2020 - 04:19 AM

Do you guys remember that Adam Sandler movie where he punches out Bob Barker and says "the price is wrong bitch." I find myself saying that line when I win a stand off or hit a perfect parry against a swordsman. I've started saying it all the time now, and can't stop. I'm a terrible person.

#153 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 09 August 2020 - 04:54 AM

View PostMalankazooie, on 06 August 2020 - 05:05 AM, said:

Some purists will balk at this included in the update, but the pulse traveler armor is lacking, so I am okay with it. They should have taken a queue from RDR2, where the pulse continues to intensify as you get closer, it doesn't do that, instead it just sort of hits a specific intensity and stays at that frequency. So this is a welcome update. Have yet to try it out though.

Traveler's Attire

The Traveler's Attire has been enhanced to add new visual and audio cues hinting at nearby collectibles. These cues can replace or augment controller vibration in order to offer a better, more accessible experience.

This was done because some people have disabilities that make vibration not good for their hands and playing games. Being able to turn off the vibration while still getting the cues via another method means they can still play the game.

The people upset about this update haven't thought this through.

This post has been edited by amphibian: 09 August 2020 - 04:55 AM

I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#154 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 13 August 2020 - 07:31 AM

Freed the southern area now, heading north into new territory.

Those brown, dried out grasslands are a nice change, and the bamboo forest outside the temple looks gorgeous in the mist.

#155 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 13 August 2020 - 07:42 AM

View Postamphibian, on 09 August 2020 - 04:54 AM, said:

View PostMalankazooie, on 06 August 2020 - 05:05 AM, said:

Traveler's Attire

This was done because some people have disabilities that make vibration not good for their hands and playing games. Being able to turn off the vibration while still getting the cues via another method means they can still play the game.

The people upset about this update haven't thought this through.

Pretty much all Sony games I've played in recent years have had great "accessibility" options that help people with handicaps.

And as a bonus it makes it easier for me as well.

#156 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 13 August 2020 - 12:44 PM

The addition of " follow the glowing bug" could have been thought out more. Thing is waaaaay too slow. The pulse effect is barely even there now, barely noticeable until the bug takes you very close to the item. So I guess color blind people are fucked now. Which seems more of an accessibility problem then having a strange condition where you are able to use a controller (various buttons, triggers), but can't feel pulses.

#157 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 14 August 2020 - 11:14 PM

Some generic inquiries: 1) What did you name your horse? I chose Kage (aka Shadow). and 2) Have you ever found a fox shrine without the fox leading you to it? If so, what happens? Can you still pray to get the charm slot progress?

#158 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 15 August 2020 - 04:31 AM

I named my horse Shadow as well.

I've found several shrines without the fox, the fox magically pops up when you pray.

#159 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 15 August 2020 - 09:55 AM

I saw a dark horse and the name Shadow and guessed there would be a lot of those out there! Cant imagine many people chose the dappled one.

I chose the white, Sora. Mainly because of the Pale Rider/nameless stranger theme.

Found a few shrines before the den. Sometimes when I follow a fox they disappear before I get to pet them though which is disappointing.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 15 August 2020 - 09:56 AM

#160 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 15 August 2020 - 02:46 PM

I've always found the fox den first and never a shrine by itself. It's strange because I will explore to the point of having to walk along the coast to find a way back up cliffs and such. I know I can hear the fox way before ever seeing him or the (?) indicator appearing on the map and I will ride towards the sound to find the fox, so maybe that's just how it has worked out for me.

Fun fact about my play through - I thought I had completely discovered every spot on the southern island and I moved the story forward to where you have to return back to the south to take back farms from the Mongols. At that point two more (?) appeared on the map, a fox den and a survivor camp. That was a pleasant surprise.

This post has been edited by Malankazooie: 15 August 2020 - 02:46 PM

Share this topic:

• 12 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users