• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

NFL 2020 to Super Bowl 55

#1 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 03 February 2020 - 04:06 PM

Well my fellow pigskin prognosticators, the NFL is pretty much year round, so might as well get the discussion started now. Plus, my Steelers had a crappy season and I really want to put this last season behind me and look forward with hopeful excitement that they will be back in it this season.

So, there's so much to even begin to scratch the surface on how this season will begin to take shape.

- Will Brady stay in NE? Are his cryptic messages just fucking with Cheatriot fans?

- Will Brees retire? Or is he coming back to the Aints? If he does, will he need a walker on the field?

- Where will Scam Newton end up? I feel bad for the team who takes a chance on him.

- What about Antonio Brown. He pretty much ruined his career, yeah? I still think that maniac Jerry Jones will take a chance on him.

- Where is Philip Rivers going to end up? or is he retiring?

- Who is going to be picked first in the draft? Joe Burrow or Trevor Lawrence? (I would go with Lawrence myself). Where will Taulia Tagovailoa go in the draft?

- Will Colin Kaepernick be mentioned? I think he's pretty much done being heard from in a football sense, although I would love to see a team pick him up just to watch Trump supporters get triggered.

# # # # #

Well guys, that was just spit balling some story lines off the top of my head. As I said, just scratching the surface. And I'm sure there are many unforeseen developments to come. So put down your pom-poms and lets get some substantive and meaningful discussions going about what's going to happen in the NFL for the 2020 season.

Also Super Bowl LV, heh! Super Bowl Louis Vuitton. You know a diva wide receiver is gonna come hard with that theme.

#2 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 03 February 2020 - 06:22 PM

Posted Image
Oh boy, listening to arm chair, Monday morning talk on radio during drive into the office. Patrick Mahomes and Chiefs gonna be the next dynasty. Hot take sports talk radio is annoying a lot of the time. Prisoner of the moment much?

#3 User is offline   nacht 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 04 February 2020 - 12:10 AM

Seems like you are interested more in the offseason than the playing season :-)

What I loved is "Scam Newton". I was a Panthers and maybe still am. I still remember the golden days of Steve Beuerlein (seriously. he was great. all heart and smarts)
Newton is a great guy but he has to be able to run to setup his passing. The panthers really screwed that up by shutting his running game.

I think Bill Belichick might choose to retire if Brady is resigned. Time for the patriots and Brady move on. For a competitive guy like Brady, there is a lot of success waiting after retirement.
The truth is the body gets older even if you look like your 30 years old.

Antonio Brown is a tragedy. Hopefully somebody will give him a chance.

Hope Brees sticks around and gets a superbowl, especially since one was stolen from him.

#4 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 04 February 2020 - 12:58 AM

The drama during the off season is often more fun then the regular season. Many times the regular season is a let down (i.e. my Steelers or the Baker Mayfield + OBJ gonna tear up the league predictions).

Cam Newton would rather promote his "brand" and fashion sense on IG then do what is required of an elite QB - watch hours and hours of film in a room by yourself or with boring coaches. He makes poor decisions on the field. It's too bad, because he has the prototype athleticism and build to be a dominating QB. I just hope Christian McCaffrey continues with his amazing play making ability. He is fun to watch.

I see Belichick staying if Brady leaves. There's a, not to publicized, competition between Belichick & Brady - is it Belichick's system or having the G.O.A.T at QB that won them all those SBs? (well, anyone knows they cheated to get a few, and probably more). So Belichick will try to win one without Brady.

Regarding Antonio Brown, first and foremost his family and friends should get him help. Those most recent videos of him were pretty tragic - a person with profound mental illness, deep in an episode. Get him help and then baby steps back, if it is the best for him.

Brees is a stand up person. Hated all the vitriolic, cancel culture shit he received when he promoted prayer in schools. Saints fans though, I just can't with them. You know how many teams since football has been a thing have been "screwed" by a call and it ruined their season? How soon we forget Steelers playoff catch (for a td ) by Jesse James ruled incomplete. In each situation for the Saints, they had ample opportunity after the call to take the game in hand and win it, they couldn't get it done, sucks to be them, but that's how the cookie crumbles. Quit crying and come back and persevere next time.

#5 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 04 February 2020 - 01:28 AM

You guys probably have seen this before, but since Andy Reid coached the Chiefs to a SB win, I thought it would be cool post. This is amazing video, and absurd. He can't be 13 years old, I call shenanigans!

#6 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 08 February 2020 - 04:12 AM

XFL starts this weekend.

Any you football fr33ks going to tune in? I don't remember much about the original XFL, other then they pushed the envelop and were all about violence in the game. It had some serious pro wrestling vibes, yes? I'm guessing that won't be the case this time around? Also, didn't the original allow stupid nick names on the backs of jerseys or something? For some reason I vaguely recall a name - 'He Hate Me'.

#7 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 09 February 2020 - 10:43 PM

Patrick Mahomes gonna get payaaaheeeeeed!

#8 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 10 February 2020 - 01:16 AM

It would be a weird thing to see him in another uniform, but I sorta hope Tom Brady goes to another team. I really would like to see how he would do outside of a Belichick coached team, and if he can live up to the title of being the G.O.A.T. taking snaps for someone else. And also, prove that his "Tom vs Time"/"TB12 method" snake oil has any value.

#9 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 13 February 2020 - 03:41 PM

Some off-season, noteworthy news:

- The league reinstated Cleveland Browns' Myles Garrett. I'm okay with that I guess. It was a rather egregiously violent act though, border line criminal really - pulling a guy's helmet off and then hitting him over the head with it.

- Rumors are a pop-a-loppin' that Brady might be headed to the Cowboys... yeah right.

- Oh, and the Saints owners protect Catholic priest pedophiles/sex abuse offenders. True. Look it up.

#10 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 20 February 2020 - 06:35 PM

The NFL is going to add a game to the regular season and expand the playoffs to 7 teams. Not a fan, personally, of adding another regular season game. I know a majority of players don't like it. Injuries and managing injuries are a significant component affecting whether teams end the season strong or find themselves having to win important games with a compromised lineup. Adding another game will just magnify this effect.

I'm fine with expanding the playoffs. As I understand it, now only the top seed in each conference will get a bye (instead of the top 2 in each conference).

Posted Image

That will make having the best record in your conference all the more important. I like it.

Do any of you promoters of pigskin perfection know if these changes will start this upcoming season? (2020)

#11 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 20 February 2020 - 08:25 PM

Yes they are supposed to.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#12 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 27 February 2020 - 06:52 PM

Hearing on sports talk radio that it's a "certainty" Tom Brady is leaving NE. I'll believe it when I see it, but I really want it to happen. I want to see how well Mr. "I can defeat Father Time" will do with another team. Love to see him prove he is the G.O.A.T. with another team. Hell, he wouldn't even have to go to the Super Bowl to impress me. If he lands with a team that was on the brink of breaking through into the playoffs and he gets them there, that would impress me and I would probably concede at that point #12 is indeed the G.O.A.T. As it stands right now, I am not of the opinion he is.

#13 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 28 February 2020 - 06:54 AM

Joe Burrow has tiny hands. Or so I've been reading. He a distant relative of Trump? Posted ImagePosted Image

[EDIT] Also, saw a blurb that Jerry Jones hasn't ruled out Dez Bryant returning to the Cowboys. Its been like two seasons since he last laced them up, right? That would be a monumentally stupid idea. Bryant would be such a big distraction. But Jerry Jones seems to march to a beat of a different drummer, so I can see it happening.

This post has been edited by Malankazooie: 28 February 2020 - 07:00 AM

#14 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 02 March 2020 - 06:59 PM

Brady watch update:

Oh boy, morning sports radio now saying Brady is going to Tennessee. Allegedly there is video of Brady and Julian Edelman facetiming Mike Vrabel (Titans head coach). Please let it happen.

#15 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 02 March 2020 - 09:45 PM

Some other rumored rearranging of pieces:

Jameis Winston leaving Tampa Bay, Teddy Bridgewater in. Smart if it is true. Bucs should have moved on from Winston a couple of seasons ago. Bridgewater is not elite, but solid and maybe he will flourish.

#16 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 02 March 2020 - 11:16 PM

Some more flicking of the tongue on our collective taints. Tease me, please me Tom.

#17 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 10 March 2020 - 07:26 AM

ESPN attempting to get Peyton Manning as an on air analyst. Quite ambitious and would be a huge win if they pull it off. Manning would definitely do a better job then Romo on CBS and dare I say he would even be better then Aikman on Fox? I know he has a relationship with their ESPN + streaming service and had a show titled "Peyton Places", so there's probably some goodwill and comfort/familiarity already built.

ESPN pisses me off in a lot of ways, but this would be big. Looks like my favorite Booger would be picked and flicked though (or if you're a Fart Warts fan boy - dug and grubbed). BOoooooooo! -ger

Posted Image

#18 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 17 March 2020 - 05:28 AM

Calling it right here. Tom Brady going to be an ex-patriot Wednesday. You purported leatherheads can mock me if it doesn't happen. But it's going to happen and I reserve the right to gloat when it does.

#19 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 17 March 2020 - 02:00 PM

Brady just posted on Instagram a thank you to New England. He is gone.

https://www.instagra.../p/B91dEX2hgSE/
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#20 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 17 March 2020 - 03:16 PM

Having a discussion now - is Brady the GOAT and how do you measure that? He has a good team around him and it would be interesting to know if he'd have the same success in a different team/with a different coach etc. All conjecture of course but interesting.

ETA the general consensus is that by most metrics he is probably the GOAT.

This post has been edited by Tiste Simeon: 17 March 2020 - 03:24 PM

A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

Share this topic:

• 14 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic