Malazan Empire: COVID-19 (aka Coronavirus, aka 2019-nCoV) - Malazan Empire

• 174 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

COVID-19 (aka Coronavirus, aka 2019-nCoV)

#2961 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 22 August 2021 - 12:48 AM

Oh, it gets better. Some bright sparks at that rally in Melbourne were putting up signs alleging the Jews were behind 9/11 with QR codes taking you to a website all about it. FFS. :doh:

There were even protests in cities that aren't even in lockdown. Perth has only had a few days of it over the last 18 months due to their hard borders.

Carefully note the number of "Jesus is my vaccine" or similar signs. So I take it these people haven't seen the entire southern/Bible Belt USA recently?

https://www.news.com...84743d434f81e89

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 22 August 2021 - 12:51 AM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#2962 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 23 August 2021 - 05:47 PM

Pfizer x BioNTech vaccine got FDA approval. Will we see an uptick in vaccinations?

#2963 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 23 August 2021 - 08:18 PM

in the western world we are now approaching the levels we're going to get to without mandatory draconian drag them in and jab them measures.

facebook and youtube have a lot to answer for

#2964 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 24 August 2021 - 01:55 PM

So I had an indirect exposure two weeks ago. I took an at home/DIY antigen test and got a positive result. My wife got a negative result.

I isolated myself in an upstairs room and wore a mask just about the entire time of a week. I had some snot and a sore throat, but had thought that it was seasonal allergies before the test. The day after the positive DIY test, we went to a pharmacy to get tested. A day and a half after that, we both got negative results sent to us.

I waited until Wednesday (6 days after my initial DIY test) to do another pharmacy test. That was negative too.

So I likely had a false positive, which is unlikely to occur, yet does occur now and then. The whole experience was scary and boring (isolation is not fun and my partner was tremendously bored too).

Everyone around me was tested and it turns out that two of the people I briefly interacted with actually had COVID from other exposures that weren't my indirect exposure at all. So they all isolated and hopefully didn't spread it further.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#2965 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 24 August 2021 - 09:22 PM

Pennsylvania state representative Russ Diamond (unfortunately Philadelphia is still beholden to the vast mass of Pennsylvania):

Posted Image

https://www.facebook...39959796125991/

#2966 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit

Posted 25 August 2021 - 03:49 AM

I forgot a part of my COVID scare - I attempted to report my first positive DIY test to my county health department and my doctor's office. Neither wanted to take my information or list of contacts, both told me to isolate, and the county told me to get tested through a pharmacy while the doctor's office said that the DIY test was accurate, so just isolate.

It was oddly frustrating because I could tell them everyone I'd been in contact with for the last two weeks, but they didn't want the information - unlike let's say NZ or South Korea etc.

And this is in New York where the state isn't actively trying to suppress the real numbers!

#2967 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 26 August 2021 - 05:20 PM

Our Regional Public Health Units are all doing an end-run around Doug Ford and the Cons and instituting a vaccine passport system that he refuses to make happen. Tis gud. Either the province has its hand forced and they HAVE to make it happen themselves, or the PHU's do it and make him look fucking incompetent.

Love it.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#2968 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 27 August 2021 - 01:40 AM

View PostBriar King, on 26 August 2021 - 07:45 PM, said:

Uncle in San Fran in hospital with it and he is alone now that his husband has passed of cancer. Idk hopefully my aunt and uncle can go if things get bad bad but we are in the process of buckling down for a potential hurricane again. Just blah.

ICU's across
South get ready for a fresh
breath of hurricane

#2969 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 27 August 2021 - 01:02 PM

View PostAzath Vitr (D, on 27 August 2021 - 01:40 AM, said:

View PostBriar King, on 26 August 2021 - 07:45 PM, said:

Uncle in San Fran in hospital with it and he is alone now that his husband has passed of cancer. Idk hopefully my aunt and uncle can go if things get bad bad but we are in the process of buckling down for a potential hurricane again. Just blah.

ICU's across
South get ready for a fresh
breath of hurricane

I can't imagine. They are likely already well stressed with COVID...Hurricane patients will send them into a death spiral.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#2970 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 01 September 2021 - 11:29 PM

Grew up on a farm. We had horses, sheep, ducks, chickens, goats, rabbits..... I've been inside a feed store with my dad and brothers as a typical routine during the rhythm of the year in taking care of the health of your animals. I remember distinctly the overpowering smell of medicny dewormers and gels and unguents. What in the hell would ever break your logic out of sanity to even entertain the idea of putting that stuff in your body? What happened to common sense?

#2971 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit

Posted 02 September 2021 - 12:51 AM

Especially when the vaccine is free and readily available on basically a walk-in basis for just about everyone in the country over age 12.

It's madness.

#2972 User is offline   EmperorMagus 

• Scarecrow of Low House PEN
  • Group: Tehol's Blissful Chickens

Posted 02 September 2021 - 02:38 AM

View Postamphibian, on 02 September 2021 - 12:51 AM, said:

Especially when the vaccine is free and readily available on basically a walk-in basis for just about everyone in the country over age 12.

It's madness.

Nah, it's economic anxiety.
Dulce et decorum est
Pro patria mori
#sarcasm

#2973 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 02 September 2021 - 02:55 AM

Nah, it's about owning the libs.

#2974 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 02 September 2021 - 07:19 AM

View PostMalankazooie, on 01 September 2021 - 11:29 PM, said:

Grew up on a farm. We had horses, sheep, ducks, chickens, goats, rabbits..... I've been inside a feed store with my dad and brothers as a typical routine during the rhythm of the year in taking care of the health of your animals. I remember distinctly the overpowering smell of medicny dewormers and gels and unguents. What in the hell would ever break your logic out of sanity to even entertain the idea of putting that stuff in your body? What happened to common sense?

I love how you think it was ever common at any time, let alone now. :rolleyes:
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#2975 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 02 September 2021 - 12:26 PM

Got into it with an anti-vaxxer about the vaccine passport system we will finally be implementing in Ontario...cause they (the smallish group of unvaxxed asshole masses) are protesting at Queen's Park now against this passport.

So I say "We already have a whole sheet of vaccinations mandated to attend school ect.", this is no different.

They say "Yeah, not the same! I don't remember the last time I had to show that sheet to go shopping, or go to the movies!"

As if that's some kind of gotcha...

To which the reply is obviously "Yes. That's because we reached Herd Immunity on those illnesses DECADES ago, and thus we don't have to show proof of those vaccinations to shop or go to the movies...because of vaccines...We are not at Herd Immunity on COVID yet, so we need to do this.....how is this so hard to comprehend?"

It's like they WANT to be purposely stupid.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 02 September 2021 - 12:27 PM

#2976 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 02 September 2021 - 12:34 PM

Also, is anyone else SUBLIMELY amused that COVID-denier Joe Rogan (I mean, we can quibble, but this is what he is) has COVID now? I don't want to wish anyone ill, but Rogan has been a lightning rod for the COVIDIOTS for like a year, so I'm glad he's brought low by this. hope it hits him hard enough that he smartens up, becuase if he gets it lightly, he's going to press even harder that COVID is nothing. Fucking prick.

EDIT: Also he's reportedly taking Ivermectin...which kills parasites in horses...so technically won't this kill Joe too?

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 02 September 2021 - 02:43 PM

#2977 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 02 September 2021 - 05:36 PM

Joe Rogan is a mystery to me. He seems all over the place. Pro science, anti science. Liberal, conservative. Smart, stupid. On any given topic at any given time he can come across as quite open and reasonable and well informed and than at other times…

#2978 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 02 September 2021 - 05:40 PM

View PostCause, on 02 September 2021 - 05:36 PM, said:

Joe Rogan is a mystery to me. He seems all over the place. Pro science, anti science. Liberal, conservative. Smart, stupid. On any given topic at any given time he can come across as quite open and reasonable and well informed and than at other times…

He's a Libertarian as far as I can tell, though he'd never call himself one out loud...but his whole schtick operates off the "I'm just asking questions" trope...it's fucking tired. And just because the guy talks a lot doesn't make him smart.

Also, him giving platforms to the fucking dregs of misinformation society by claiming to hang out in the centre and just letting people talk and letting his audience "decide" what's right....is atrocious.

#2979 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 02 September 2021 - 06:27 PM

I have seem absolute destroy libertarians though, at least the ones who think no goverment at all would creat utopia. Pointing out that you don’t pay for the fire department to show up, and you need building codes so your house doesn’t collapse on you.

#2980 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 09 September 2021 - 10:39 PM

View PostBriar King, on 09 September 2021 - 09:11 PM, said:

*sigh

Spraying house likely pointlessly. Ex is positive and fully vaxxed and kids were here all weekend hacking away with my niece here to.

Should probably get tested... if no one in the household picked it up, hopefully enough will have died from surfaces to still be infectious (still afaik not clear whether delta poses greater risk for surface-to-face transmission). Personally I'd be extra careful about washing my hands and not touching surfaces it can survive on for several days like plastic or steel.

Share this topic:

• 174 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users