Malazan Empire: COVID-19 (aka Coronavirus, aka 2019-nCoV) - Malazan Empire

• 84 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

COVID-19 (aka Coronavirus, aka 2019-nCoV)

#1021 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 04 April 2020 - 03:59 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 03 April 2020 - 06:02 PM, said:

We have been locked down now since the 13th of March, and our Premier just gave us the projection....it ain't pretty. 3000-15,000 deaths WITH the measures in place, VS 100,000 deaths without them...meaning if people don't STOP FUCKING AROUND...things are going to get worse here.

Case in point, in the middle of our city of a huge cemetery that people often go to in small numbers to walk, or jog...there are never more than maybe 10 people in whole place on any given day...but once they started closing public spaces because people refused to adhere to social distancing...the place was overrun with hundreds of people, no social distancing, some people cracking a beer in a lounge chair...these are the idiots I'm living around who not only don't want to listen, but want to be outside in the nice weather come help or high water...and don't get me started on the irony of a bunch of people disregarding the social distancing rules that could get many people killed....in a fucking CEMETERY...thankfully the cemetery has now closed to anyone and they have put up guards...we should not have to do this...but there are a shitload of stupid selfish ppl in my city.

Great thing about the suburbs is that everyone drives. So if you're one of those social outcasts that walks everywhere (like myself), you pretty much have the sidewalks to yourself.
'Sauga closed down all rec facilities and playgrounds, but walking trails and footpaths in the park are still open, provided ppl keep the appropriate distance. I venture out there once every few days, and over my hour-long route I generally don't see any more people than I used to before (so like a few dozens, tops)- mostly either dog-walking or getting fresh air with their kids. Though you get occasional joggers or bikers.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#1022 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Emperor
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 04 April 2020 - 04:00 PM

Though the Trump administration has another solution:

'US hijacking mask shipments in rush for coronavirus protection

Fears of shortages are driving many countries to take increasingly devious measures to secure masks and tests

French officials claim that American buyers gazumped them in a deal for coronavirus masks in Shanghai.

US buyers waving wads of cash managed to wrest control of a consignment of masks as it was about to be dispatched from China to one of the worst-hit coronavirus areas of France, according to two French officials.

[...] "The icing on the cake, there is a foreign country that paid three times the price of the cargo on the tarmac," Rénaud Muselier, the head of the south-eastern Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur region, told the French channel'

https://www.theguard...JV05Qv7XD3_ZaKs

Could be the Jared Kushner method.

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 04 April 2020 - 04:00 PM

#1023 User is offline   Briar King 

• Master of the Deck
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 04 April 2020 - 06:18 PM

Phew...12,496 cases, 409 deaths, 1,726 in hospital 571 on ventilators, 61 of 64 parishes infected with the corona 135 in mine, jumped up 2 deaths over night bringing us to 3, 8 total deaths in my 5 parish district and 4 of those deaths are inmates in Fed prison.
Drive by bye bye king on my dumb horse

#1024 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• General Kenobi
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Sith Beatdowns

Posted 04 April 2020 - 06:23 PM

Trump tried to stop 3M from shipping the n95 masks to Canada...being either completely unaware or not caring enough that the material to make those masks...comes from mills in fucking Canada.

What a clown ass clown.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

#1025 User is online   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 04 April 2020 - 06:49 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 04 April 2020 - 06:23 PM, said:

Trump tried to stop 3M from shipping the n95 masks to Canada...being either completely unaware or not caring enough that the material to make those masks...comes from mills in fucking Canada.

What a clown ass clown.

It's worse than that. The feds under Trump/Pence/Kushner are seizing masks paid for and en route elsewhere (Germany, blue states), giving them to private contractors, and having them be sold to southern states for big markups.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#1026 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How you doin?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 04 April 2020 - 07:02 PM

I'm honestly baffled by the US administration's actions. Their greed and incompetence is familiar by now but this is an election year. Shouldn't they be at least pretending to do good?

Do you guys think the League of Assassins would accept a Kickstarter?

#1027 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 04 April 2020 - 07:31 PM

But they are doing good.
They're doing the bestest good, biggly good. Don't let the lame stream fakenews media tell you those lies about them being bad guys

This post has been edited by Macros: 04 April 2020 - 07:36 PM

#1028 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• General Kenobi
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Sith Beatdowns

Posted 04 April 2020 - 07:44 PM

View Postamphibian, on 04 April 2020 - 06:49 PM, said:

What a clown ass clown.

It's worse than that. The feds under Trump/Pence/Kushner are seizing masks paid for and en route elsewhere (Germany, blue states), giving them to private contractors, and having them be sold to southern states for big markups.

I Simply donít know how this all just stands. Like hes pissing off the whole world now...whatís the endgame, being a supervillain country?

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 04 April 2020 - 07:44 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

#1029 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 04 April 2020 - 07:59 PM

View PostAptorian, on 04 April 2020 - 07:02 PM, said:

I'm honestly baffled by the US administration's actions. Their greed and incompetence is familiar by now but this is an election year. Shouldn't they be at least pretending to do good?

Do you guys think the League of Assassins would accept a Kickstarter?

As long as the masks meant for other countries get distributed in the U.S. of A, he is Making America Great Again.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#1030 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How you doin?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 04 April 2020 - 08:07 PM

But he's not even doing that. There's all these reports about him complaining that it's not the governments problem that the states need equipment. Now China of all places are sending equipment. What does that make Trump look like?

And then you have these insane press conferences. Like the latest one where he's saying people should wear masks, but he's not going to, but you probably should wear them, however you don't have to, but maybe it's a good thing, to wear masks, or not. Physicians and Rhetoric professors around the world must have bruises after facepalming so hard.

This post has been edited by Aptorian: 04 April 2020 - 08:08 PM

#1031 User is online   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 04 April 2020 - 08:41 PM

It's because millions of people genuinely believe that because he's good at being mad in a TV catchy way, he's going to direct his actions that completely fuck over people only at those who are *other*.

None of this sticks to him because they cannot comprehend the systems and the costs of his abhorrent decisions. A hundred thousand extra deaths isn't really something that's easily grasped. The hundreds of thousands who may have lung scarring and other complications isn't easily understood either.

And we haven't talked about the 10-30 million who will be out of work in a month. We're having a new Great Depression and our best shot at not suffering horribly is a president and a Senate that are going to take the non racist parts of the FDR administration - which has its best modern analogues in Bernie Sanders and prior to her suspension, Warren.

For a measure of how weird things have gotten, Trump has started talking about how COVID-19 treatment for those without health insurance will be paid for by the federal government at Medicare rates. https://www.nytimes....oronavirus.html

And fucking Hillary Clinton is talking about opening healthcare markets again as her preferred solution. With what money are millions supposed to be able to buy this coverage, hmm? How far does a $1200 loan weeks from now stretch regarding health insurance?

This is a disaster and it's emphasized as that by the responses in countries led by capable people with good healthcare systems.

But millions do not care.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#1032 User is offline   Briar King 

• Master of the Deck
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 04 April 2020 - 09:13 PM

Iím beginning the process of cleaning up a section of road where I think a helicopter could safely land to deliver supplies or take people for emergencies. Truck will get shredded potentially with debris if this spot has to be used if shit goes downward. Just trying look a little forward into future possibilities. My section of hood could be the only one with enough space.

Thatís kinda dark to be thinking about though.

#1033 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 04 April 2020 - 10:42 PM

BK, our air ambulance service just got shut down, staff being thrown into the front line.

Man I dont think that's going to be a concern for you, surviving your governments incompetence period is your goal now.

#1034 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Emperor

Posted 04 April 2020 - 10:46 PM

'Trump Won't Wear a Face Mask But Says He'd Try Unproven Coronavirus Drug

Trump again touted a potential coronavirus drug on Saturday, saying he would try it—despite not having coronavirus, and despite the drug not being approved for widespread use. The FDA has approved the emergency use of hydroxychloroquine, a malaria and lupus drug, to treat COVID-19 symptoms.

[...] Trump has tested negative twice for coronavirus but on Saturday he said: "I may take it. I have to ask my doctors about that." He said 29 million doses of the drug were now available for doctors to use on COVID-19 patients, and it had great potential. "I hope they use hydroxychloroquine," he said. "What do you have to lose?" He also mentioned unspecified reports that people taking the drug weren't getting coronavirus. "Maybe that's correct, maybe that's false, you'll have to check it out."'

https://www.thedaily...e-mask?ref=home

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 04 April 2020 - 10:46 PM

#1035 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 04 April 2020 - 10:49 PM

I went out driving for the first time in 2 weeksi today . It suddenly hit me how badly I didn't want to have a prang. And lining up for the supermarket was so weird.

Hit the motherload though. Six eggs, 4 tins of tomatoes, 1 pack of spaghetti and 9 toilet roll. Everyone was so polite but it was Waitrose.

This post has been edited by Mezla PigDog: 04 April 2020 - 10:49 PM

Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#1036 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 04 April 2020 - 10:59 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 04 April 2020 - 07:44 PM, said:

View Postamphibian, on 04 April 2020 - 06:49 PM, said:

What a clown ass clown.

I Simply don't know how this all just stands. Like hes pissing off the whole world now...what's the endgame, being a supervillain country?

Maybe he's panicking? That, on top of his general incompetence, does not make for an appetizing cocktail.
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#1037 User is offline   Briar King 

• Master of the Deck
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 05 April 2020 - 12:25 AM

View PostMacros, on 04 April 2020 - 10:42 PM, said:

BK, our air ambulance service just got shut down, staff being thrown into the front line.

Man I dont think that's going to be a concern for you, surviving your governments incompetence period is your goal now.

I was thinking more along the lines of the military/national guard rather then normal first response people. Those blackhawks buzz my house all the time enroute to Ft. Polk. They kept us supplied with mreís and supplies for about 2 months after hurricane Rita fucked us up in 05í less then a month after Katrina hit other side of state. It was a very dark thought though. Way different circumstances logistics wise from those local disasters to global ones so we probably wonít be important enough to get even get a drop. Was just thinking though.

#1038 User is offline   Briar King 

• Master of the Deck
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 05 April 2020 - 12:29 AM

Also go figure.. Iím currently out at 7:30 pm getting my daughterís migraine meds. I knew I wasnít going to get lucky enough to be able to stay in for a week.

#1039 User is offline   Briar King 

• Master of the Deck
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 05 April 2020 - 01:33 AM

*slaps forehead...

Corona patients accidentally transferred over to USS Comfort.

#1040 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 05 April 2020 - 10:17 AM

Ah, never thought of military choppers, maybe not a bad ideA, but on the other hand it's not a natural disaster where infrastructure will be damaged so you should be ok

Share this topic:

• 84 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

1. amphibian