• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

TI4 Game 4C - Chat Thread

#3501 User is offline   Itwęs Nom 

• Inquisitor of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 25 March 2020 - 08:01 AM

Ah yeah sorry, ain't had a proper chance (okay I did kinda miss warfare it seems) to do so and I've been weighing my own chances and resources so wasn't capable of giving a definitive answer but if it's necessary then yeah shouldn't be a problem but I'll see what the board looks like when it gets back to me
All things fall from kings to rose petals

#3502 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 25 March 2020 - 08:06 AM

View PostItwęs Nom, on 25 March 2020 - 08:01 AM, said:

Ah yeah sorry, ain't had a proper chance (okay I did kinda miss warfare it seems) to do so and I've been weighing my own chances and resources so wasn't capable of giving a definitive answer but if it's necessary then yeah shouldn't be a problem but I'll see what the board looks like when it gets back to me

Sounds fair. Then I'll hold off on using my fleet for anything.

And no worries, I've been getting back into Stellaris, to my girlfriends great annoyance.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#3503 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 25 March 2020 - 09:16 AM

View PostMorgoth, on 25 March 2020 - 08:06 AM, said:

View PostItwęs Nom, on 25 March 2020 - 08:01 AM, said:

Sounds fair. Then I'll hold off on using my fleet for anything.

And no worries, I've been getting back into Stellaris, to my girlfriends great annoyance.

I think that’s come out on consoles now? I was looking into getting it.

I’ve been preparing for the worst by playing State of Decay 2. It was badly disappointing when it first came out, but they’ve almost completely revamped it and keeping my little society alive is becoming pretty addictive.
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#3504 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 25 March 2020 - 03:00 PM

So should we hedge our bets and I try and take her othe way of getting tokens? She has to spend 1 to try and retake her homeworld but if Morgoth takes rex and I or Tatts take her 3 influence system then that should stop her right?
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#3505 User is offline   Itwęs Nom 

Posted 25 March 2020 - 03:18 PM

Also the

+ Fornacis (1/0)
+ Arietis (0/1)
+ Gliese (1/2)

system which is missing in D'rek's latest game post

#3506 User is offline   Itwęs Nom 

Posted 25 March 2020 - 03:37 PM

Then there's also the question of your 9 vps, 1 unfulfilled so and apparently having all of your planets, worth 14 influece, unexhausted along with 4 tgs which gives total of 6 tokens, all of which in sum gives a pretty high chance of uh twelve points at the end of the round...

#3507 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 25 March 2020 - 05:09 PM

View PostItwęs Nom, on 25 March 2020 - 03:37 PM, said:

Then there's also the question of your 9 vps, 1 unfulfilled so and apparently having all of your planets, worth 14 influece, unexhausted along with 4 tgs which gives total of 6 tokens, all of which in sum gives a pretty high chance of uh twelve points at the end of the round...

Are you talking about me?

If I was going to win what would I care about trying to stop D'rek from winning when I score before her? And at the cost of likely losing 2 fleet capacity when I can use that to try and thwart others from winning or just protect myself?

And as I see that no one else has any thoughts on the matter I might as well set myself up in case D'rek is successful in retaking her homeworld.

#3508 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 25 March 2020 - 05:48 PM

The way twelve has been playing and his constant moves on the asteroid field and the beta wormhole, I've been assuming he has the SO dangerous maneuvers or possibly become the gatekeeper. I think most of the SO should have been seen by someone at this point, so anybody seen those?

#3509 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 25 March 2020 - 08:00 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 25 March 2020 - 05:48 PM, said:

The way twelve has been playing and his constant moves on the asteroid field and the beta wormhole, I've been assuming he has the SO dangerous maneuvers or possibly become the gatekeeper. I think most of the SO should have been seen by someone at this point, so anybody seen those?

Become the gatekeeper was the one I threw back when the game started so it's in the discard pile unless those were shuffled back in. Are discarded secrets supposed to be public knowledge? I kept the pds objective instead. I was really sad to have to give that one up as my location near the wormholes was ideal to score it but figured pds would do double duty with D'rek as the Nekro right next to me.

As for my "obsession" with moving everywhere I did have the control the region objective and empty air space was at a premium hence why I was forced to take such a nasty deal with you just to score it when the attack in the beta failed. Still salty about that one?

It would be good to know what secrets are still out there. Morgoth has been hounding Nom to move off the alpha to attack Rex but he is already on Malice and Quan so if that objective is shuffled back in and he drew it he already has it in the bag.

#3510 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 26 March 2020 - 07:01 AM

I can tell you that I had three SOs and still spent a CT this turn for a new one. And I immediately discarded it since it was the control 4 hazardous planets one.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#3511 User is offline   ToasTer86 

• First Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 26 March 2020 - 08:14 AM

Warfare player is up ?

#3512 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 26 March 2020 - 02:49 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 26 March 2020 - 07:01 AM, said:

I can tell you that I had three SOs and still spent a CT this turn for a new one. And I immediately discarded it since it was the control 4 hazardous planets one.

Wish I had that one. Getting the right secrets makes a huge difference between who can win or not. Been jealous of Toast for being able to get all three of his done already.

#3513 User is offline   ToasTer86 

• First Sword

Posted 26 March 2020 - 08:13 PM

View Posttwelve, on 26 March 2020 - 02:49 PM, said:

View PostMorgoth, on 26 March 2020 - 07:01 AM, said:

Wish I had that one. Getting the right secrets makes a huge difference between who can win or not. Been jealous of Toast for being able to get all three of his done already.

Yeah I got lucky, especially because the turn I was going for public VP 4 planets of the same type, I was also able to score a secret control 4 culturals.

Diversify the empire was quite easy, with the 3 planet system close and the planets I had in my system.
The 5 dreadnought one, was actually quite a pain in the butt. Cost me quite some TG, and Dread's do not really synergize with Naalu.
Because of that secret I missed out on tech 3 times ! My tech game is not good at all.

I must say that round D'rek choose not to invade me the round I was doing the 4 planet types secret+public, she could have denied 2 points on me that turn. My game would have been majorly different if that went any other way.

This post has been edited by ToasTer86: 26 March 2020 - 08:17 PM

#3514 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 26 March 2020 - 11:52 PM

Yeah a good secret objective draw can make or break the game.

I still think you have a scorable SO twelve, but since I can do very little to stop you I'll carry on trying to stop Toaster in case I'm wrong.

I'd like to applaud Tapper for current holding 3 different homeworlds though!

I'm looking forwards to the upcoming battle.

#3515 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 27 March 2020 - 02:27 AM

View PostImperial Historian, on 26 March 2020 - 11:52 PM, said:

In 3rd edition that was one of the Public Objectives. Not a "get 2 VP" PO, either, it was a straight up "I win" one.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#3516 User is offline   Itwęs Nom 

Posted 27 March 2020 - 02:38 AM

Shall we then hold a vote whether or not to declare the l1z1x the mighty rulers of all the galaxy and cease all the unnecessary hostilities in order to achieve the prosperous peace that should be the goal of any decent civilisation?

This post has been edited by Itwęs Nom: 27 March 2020 - 02:38 AM

#3517 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 27 March 2020 - 04:23 AM

I still think you have a scorable SO twelve, but since I can do very little to stop you I'll carry on trying to stop Toaster in case I'm wrong.

Oh I have a scorable one It's just not going to happen this round. D'rek keeps messing things up.

#3518 User is offline   ToasTer86 

• First Sword

Posted 27 March 2020 - 06:05 AM

View PostItwęs Nom, on 27 March 2020 - 02:38 AM, said:

Shall we then hold a vote whether or not to declare the l1z1x the mighty rulers of all the galaxy and cease all the unnecessary hostilities in order to achieve the prosperous peace that should be the goal of any decent civilisation?

I agree let's stop the hostilities and go to scoring phase ;-)

#3519 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 27 March 2020 - 10:35 AM

View Posttwelve, on 27 March 2020 - 04:23 AM, said:

Oh I have a scorable one It's just not going to happen this round. D'rek keeps messing things up.

Now I'm very curious as to what your SO is, as I can't think of any D'rek would be messing up for you!

And I'm not ready to declare victory for Toaster or D'rek yet. I want my epic battle vs Toaster's fleet still!

#3520 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 27 March 2020 - 03:00 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 27 March 2020 - 10:35 AM, said:

View Posttwelve, on 27 March 2020 - 04:23 AM, said:

Now I'm very curious as to what your SO is, as I can't think of any D'rek would be messing up for you!

And I'm not ready to declare victory for Toaster or D'rek yet. I want my epic battle vs Toaster's fleet still!

So does this mean you have spark?

Share this topic:

• 189 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users