• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 04 March 2020 - 12:57 PM

View PostItwæs Nom, on 04 March 2020 - 10:05 AM, said:

View PostKhellendros, on 04 March 2020 - 09:43 AM, said:

View PostImperial Historian, on 04 March 2020 - 07:52 AM, said:

View PostKhellendros, on 03 March 2020 - 11:43 PM, said:

View PostImperial Historian, on 03 March 2020 - 10:09 PM, said:

Actually there is a way, khell attacking rex to give drek lwd, me attacking 3 planet system, nom taking thibah, d'rek taking teq/tork on her turn, tapper plays leadership, khell plays diplomacy, nom action cards gwynan, on toasters turn he doesn't have the resources to gain more than one ct.

I'm presuming by this you mean tickle her with a small ship, not send a erm, sizeable fleet against her.

I meant tickle! Well this might have handed the game to Toaster, but let's see the fireworks. Unless d'rek chooses to use the nullification field.

It's a big risk, I know. But as I said before, I think we can still take out Toaster even with however this goes, as there are still options.

I approve, tho D'rek may very well be right about IH, in which case her victory's still prrferable, but in all cases Drek still needs the plan to take on Toaster to go through foremost, and personally I'm not in a position to threaten her hw even if things lined up well so guess I'm all free to go against toast alright

The way we play secondaries online I can't even exhaust rex inbetween diplo and dreks turn

I'm not so sure. The option we worked out was by far the best I could see. Playing diplomacy and then attacking rex after D'rek had already committed to the anti-toaster offence would have worked much better! I can't see how we can take the three planet system and teq/torq with both yours and D'reks fleet breaking themselves to shreds.

You could have exhausted rex in between the play of diplomacy and leadership if someone had figured out a better option for gwynan.

#3202 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 04 March 2020 - 01:03 PM

IH, I'm waiting to do my turn until I get an answer from Blend, and following the result of the MR battle. Do you still want plague played on toasters home system, which planet if so?
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#3203 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 04 March 2020 - 01:24 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 04 March 2020 - 12:57 PM, said:

Actually there is a way, khell attacking rex to give drek lwd, me attacking 3 planet system, nom taking thibah, d'rek taking teq/tork on her turn, tapper plays leadership, khell plays diplomacy, nom action cards gwynan, on toasters turn he doesn't have the resources to gain more than one ct.

I'm presuming by this you mean tickle her with a small ship, not send a erm, sizeable fleet against her.

I meant tickle! Well this might have handed the game to Toaster, but let's see the fireworks. Unless d'rek chooses to use the nullification field.

It's a big risk, I know. But as I said before, I think we can still take out Toaster even with however this goes, as there are still options.

I approve, tho D'rek may very well be right about IH, in which case her victory's still prrferable, but in all cases Drek still needs the plan to take on Toaster to go through foremost, and personally I'm not in a position to threaten her hw even if things lined up well so guess I'm all free to go against toast alright

The way we play secondaries online I can't even exhaust rex inbetween diplo and dreks turn

I'm not so sure. The option we worked out was by far the best I could see. Playing diplomacy and then attacking rex after D'rek had already committed to the anti-toaster offence would have worked much better! I can't see how we can take the three planet system and teq/torq with both yours and D'reks fleet breaking themselves to shreds.

You could have exhausted rex in between the play of diplomacy and leadership if someone had figured out a better option for gwynan.

I'll divulge my full thinking on this after the game is over. The plan now would be for you to take Teq/Tork, and for one of Nom/D'rek/Twelve to go for the three-planet system. D'rek remains in a really strong position to win, and I suspect she's going to end up having an action card (or two) up her sleeve :p Toaster needs to place that wormhole at some point, and Morgoth will probably need to get involved in putting pressure on D'rek.
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#3204 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 04 March 2020 - 02:28 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 04 March 2020 - 01:03 PM, said:

IH, I'm waiting to do my turn until I get an answer from Blend, and following the result of the MR battle. Do you still want plague played on toasters home system, which planet if so?

Either works, there are pluses for both.

I'm not sure whether I'm still attempting to take Toaster's homeworld until the dust has settled over the Rex incident.

#3205 User is offline   ToasTer86 

• First Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 04 March 2020 - 04:56 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 04 March 2020 - 01:24 PM, said:

I'll divulge my full thinking on this after the game is over. The plan now would be for you to take Teq/Tork, and for one of Nom/D'rek/Twelve to go for the three-planet system. D'rek remains in a really strong position to win, and I suspect she's going to end up having an action card (or two) up her sleeve :p Toaster needs to place that wormhole at some point, and Morgoth will probably need to get involved in putting pressure on D'rek.

Don't count on me to help you win this game.

Do what you guys have to do. And we will see when the dust settles .
I certainly won't be helping my agressors.

If D'rek manipulates you all doing her work. And then is in a winning position I will gladly give her the game.

This post has been edited by ToasTer86: 04 March 2020 - 04:58 PM

#3206 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 04 March 2020 - 05:03 PM

View PostToasTer86, on 04 March 2020 - 04:56 PM, said:

If D'rek manipulates you all doing her work. And then is in a winning position I will gladly give her the game.

Toaster says, replying to the guy who attacked D’rek instead of him.

This post has been edited by Khellendros: 04 March 2020 - 05:03 PM

#3207 User is offline   ToasTer86 

• First Sword

Posted 04 March 2020 - 05:40 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 04 March 2020 - 05:03 PM, said:

View PostToasTer86, on 04 March 2020 - 04:56 PM, said:

Toaster says, replying to the guy who attacked D’rek instead of him.

To pass her LWD as far as I understood.?
As you already have the planets you will attacksettled with IH, right ?
Don't play innocent.!

If she burns her token nothing happens and you still fly in on me. Actually this is what you are probably hoping for.

#3208 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 04 March 2020 - 05:49 PM

If he was passing LWD, Toaster, he would not have sent a fleet that will wipe me out completely. I have no good reason to use Null Field in this circumstance. Nor do I have much need for LWD, except perhaps for a desperation move against IH.

And if Khell doesn't score a SO from this I'll be disappointed ^_^

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#3209 User is offline   ToasTer86 

• First Sword

Posted 04 March 2020 - 05:51 PM

Ok I may have mis understood then .

#3210 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 04 March 2020 - 09:06 PM

Mecatol Rex battle resolved!

#3211 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 04 March 2020 - 09:58 PM

Amazing

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#3212 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 04 March 2020 - 10:12 PM

Well that was a lot of dice, and surprisingly little death.

#3213 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 04 March 2020 - 10:42 PM

Should khell not have destroyed 5 fighters first round not 6?

If 8 hits, sustained damage and cancelled 2 hits?
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#3214 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 04 March 2020 - 10:47 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 04 March 2020 - 10:12 PM, said:

Well that was a lot of dice, and surprisingly little death.

That was quite possibly the worst shooting of all time.

#3215 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 04 March 2020 - 10:51 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 04 March 2020 - 10:42 PM, said:

Should khell not have destroyed 5 fighters first round not 6?

If 8 hits, sustained damage and cancelled 2 hits?

Erm, leaving 6 hits. 8-2=6

#3216 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 04 March 2020 - 10:52 PM

And yes, I did have an SO to take over Rex :p That coupled with Diplo on Rex to gain 16 influence and claim that PO to get to 11 points at the end of the round.

That was the dream anyway...

#3217 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 04 March 2020 - 10:57 PM

Active player goes first right? So actually D’rek’s rolls should be my rolls :p

This post has been edited by Khellendros: 04 March 2020 - 10:57 PM

#3218 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 04 March 2020 - 11:57 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 04 March 2020 - 10:57 PM, said:

I was going to point out that as active player, khells hits should have resolved first so d'rek wouldn't get euclidean shielding, but d'rek gained a tech via assault cannon so it's moot.

#3219 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 04 March 2020 - 11:57 PM

D'rek are you still planning to take the 3 planet system?

#3220 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 05 March 2020 - 12:02 AM

View PostImperial Historian, on 04 March 2020 - 11:57 PM, said:

View PostKhellendros, on 04 March 2020 - 10:57 PM, said:

I was going to point out that as active player, khells hits should have resolved first so d'rek wouldn't get euclidean shielding, but d'rek gained a tech via assault cannon so it's moot.

I honestly tried to find a ruling somewhere that said whether or not I should resolve Khell or D'rek's hits first and I couldn't frikking find it. I had discounted Assault Cannon for the tech steal, too, though, so phew! I'll edit the thread to put the tech steal where it should be.

Share this topic:

• 189 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

40 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 40 guests, 0 anonymous users