TI4 Game 4C - Chat Thread

#3221 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 05 March 2020 - 01:31 AM

View PostImperial Historian, on 04 March 2020 - 11:57 PM, said:

View PostKhellendros, on 04 March 2020 - 10:57 PM, said:

Active player goes first right? So actually D’rek’s rolls should be my rolls :p

I was going to point out that as active player, khells hits should have resolved first so d'rek wouldn't get euclidean shielding, but d'rek gained a tech via assault cannon so it's moot.

If we want to get full rules-lawyer, I'd argue that the wording of Step 4 isn't "each player resolves the hits they produced", it's "each player assigns the hits their opponent produced", and so if Khell, as active player, does Step 4 first, then he assigns the hits I produced to his ships first, and then I assign the hits Khell produced to my ships.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#3222 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 05 March 2020 - 01:34 AM

Anyway, it's resolved now, I'm going to leave it as is because I don't really think it would have made a huge difference to the battle considering how well D'rek rolled! :)

#3223 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 05 March 2020 - 01:38 AM

View PostGalactic Council, on 05 March 2020 - 01:34 AM, said:

Anyway, it's resolved now, I'm going to leave it as is because I don't really think it would have made a huge difference to the battle considering how well D'rek rolled! :)

Ya, and like IH said, with the Assault Cannon it's entirely a moot point here, we're just being pedantic :)

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#3224 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 05 March 2020 - 01:43 AM

View PostD, on 05 March 2020 - 01:38 AM, said:

Ya, and like IH said, with the Assault Cannon it's entirely a moot point here, we're just being pedantic :)

Yes, I wasn’t being serious! Funny, that was my first (and last) battle of the whole game. D’rek’s had some serious good luck in her fights. Now to find that bar where Twelve is still drowning his sorrows and join him.

This post has been edited by Khellendros: 05 March 2020 - 01:43 AM

"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#3225 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 05 March 2020 - 01:45 AM

View PostImperial Historian, on 04 March 2020 - 11:57 PM, said:

D'rek are you still planning to take the 3 planet system?

Yup. It might stretch me thinner than I'd like now that there's less/weaker forces to bring, but there's not much choice if we want to stop Toaster.

#3226 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 05 March 2020 - 01:49 AM

View PostKhellendros, on 05 March 2020 - 01:43 AM, said:

Yes, I wasn’t being serious! Funny, that was my first (and last) battle of the whole game. D’rek’s had some serious good luck in her fights. Now to find that bar where Twelve is still drowning his sorrows and join him.

I have to wonder, Khell, were you simply guessing that neither Nom nor IH would space cannon you? It was a relatively close battle as it stood... to have started the battle with 4 graviton laser shots hitting you before it even began would have been nigh-hopeless. And they had plenty of motive for it, seeing as how you were squashing my ability to take a system from Toaster, but you didn't seem to try and negotiate any goodwill from them before the attack...?

Also I'm guessing you didn't use sustain damage on the flagship for fear of a Direct Hit, which makes sense, but is a real shame given the flagship's ability.

#3227 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 05 March 2020 - 01:54 AM

Clear evidence that D'rek has made a deal with the devil for die rolls if you ask me.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#3228 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 05 March 2020 - 01:56 AM

Believe it or not there is a bar I sometimes go to call "Good Times"
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#3229 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 05 March 2020 - 02:30 AM

View PostD, on 05 March 2020 - 01:49 AM, said:

I have to wonder, Khell, were you simply guessing that neither Nom nor IH would space cannon you? It was a relatively close battle as it stood... to have started the battle with 4 graviton laser shots hitting you before it even began would have been nigh-hopeless. And they had plenty of motive for it, seeing as how you were squashing my ability to take a system from Toaster, but you didn't seem to try and negotiate any goodwill from them before the attack...?

Also I'm guessing you didn't use sustain damage on the flagship for fear of a Direct Hit, which makes sense, but is a real shame given the flagship's ability.

Yes and yes. Nom seemed to be happy with my move and I thought that IH, while less happy, still felt knocking you down a bit gave him a better chance of winning.

And yeah, I guess I should have just risked the Direct Hit. But I’ve had such crappy luck with action cards that it seemed fated that you would have one if I had risked it.

#3230 User is offline   ToasTer86 

• First Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 05 March 2020 - 06:10 AM

So who can stop D'Rek now if you take all my planets except home / a home system .

Think this is it right.?
Stop me and either IH or D'rek wins.

#3231 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 05 March 2020 - 07:26 AM

Why is everyone assuming I can win but completely discounting morgoth and twelve when I have less points than them?

I mean I'm flattered, but maths!

#3232 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 05 March 2020 - 07:27 AM

View PostKhellendros, on 05 March 2020 - 02:30 AM, said:

View PostD, on 05 March 2020 - 01:49 AM, said:

Yes and yes. Nom seemed to be happy with my move and I thought that IH, while less happy, still felt knocking you down a bit gave him a better chance of winning.

And yeah, I guess I should have just risked the Direct Hit. But I’ve had such crappy luck with action cards that it seemed fated that you would have one if I had risked it.

I actually didn't even realise I could space cannon, if I had I would have but not going to make blend reroll everything.

#3233 User is offline   ToasTer86 

• First Sword

Posted 05 March 2020 - 07:33 AM

View PostImperial Historian, on 05 March 2020 - 07:26 AM, said:

Why is everyone assuming I can win but completely discounting morgoth and twelve when I have less points than them?

I mean I'm flattered, but maths!

Because you are risking it all, and making very clear you are going to use most of your resources to attack me.

Nom & Morgoth seem quiet.

#3234 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 05 March 2020 - 08:08 AM

I'm really not risking much, I'm only sending in one fleet and spending a few CT/action cards which I have an excess of. I should have plenty of TG/resources for next round. I am exposing some of my planets a little, but those who could attack me all need to preserve CT to score, my pds should discourage or hold my sftt, and my systems aren't that valuable. I think it's worth the risk, challenging as its going to be with my likely position in the turn order.

#3235 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 05 March 2020 - 09:07 AM

Sorry you guys, I asked Blend to give me the SO from Imperial, but he didn't notice. I want to know what I have to work with before I chose what to do.

IH, do you still want me to play plague?
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#3236 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 05 March 2020 - 09:12 AM

View PostMorgoth, on 05 March 2020 - 09:07 AM, said:

Sorry you guys, I asked Blend to give me the SO from Imperial, but he didn't notice. I want to know what I have to work with before I chose what to do.

IH, do you still want me to play plague?

I'm not guaranteeing I'll attack Toaster's homeworld, but it gives me another option as to what to do with my attacking fleet.

#3237 User is offline   ToasTer86 

• First Sword

Posted 05 March 2020 - 10:22 AM

Can IH use TG's to "indoctrinate" my troops?

And as far as I know, he can only use it once, per planet and invasion.
So he can't take over, for example, 5 of my troops while landing on my home planet

See :

https://www.reddit.c...indoctrination/
https://twilight-imp...Yin_Brotherhood

This post has been edited by ToasTer86: 05 March 2020 - 10:26 AM

#3238 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 05 March 2020 - 11:15 AM

View PostToasTer86, on 05 March 2020 - 10:22 AM, said:

Can IH use TG's to "indoctrinate" my troops?

And as far as I know, he can only use it once, per planet and invasion.
So he can't take over, for example, 5 of my troops while landing on my home planet

See :

https://www.reddit.c...indoctrination/
https://twilight-imp...Yin_Brotherhood

I can only indoctrinate one of your troops yes.

#3239 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 05 March 2020 - 02:10 PM

Now that I'm basically out of the game, I'm suddenly very anxious for you guys to just get on with it :D

#3240 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 05 March 2020 - 02:11 PM

Twelve, I would like a refresh please. If there is a next round, I'm going to need all the resources I can get if I'm going to be disruptive in any way. No path to victory for me any longer, so you don't have to worry about giving resources to a potential rival (or hindrance, as you're too far away from me).

Share this topic:

• 189 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users